users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » [dev1113] Job Adjustments: Dancer
[dev1113] Job Adjustments: Dancer
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 22:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have to say really, is that with the new Fan Dance, I'll have to make sure to get into deep ***66% more often.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 23:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Fupafighters said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
If I have 3-4 EP mobs none of them live long enough to kill me.
You must be a lucky procer lol.
Are you implying that 4 EP mobs are difficult? /confused
No lol. I'm saying He must be a lucky procer if he can just DD the ***out of 4 bats at 1 time w.o needing cures. I can be in caped evasion and fan dance and still take damage and NOT proc 4 bats in 2 minutes lol. Just saying he must be lucky when it comes to not getting stuck with the 10+ JA to proc a mob.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 23:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I prioritize killing over procing.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 23:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I prioritize killing over procing.
If I did that, I would be standing there going "where are the mobs". I usually just knock them down to 5% and switch target and try to proc while killing other ones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 23:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine, but if I have more than 2 mobs attacking me, it's doing nothing but lowering my efficiency if I don't get rid of one as fast as possible. If it gets proc'd, it gets proc'd. If it doesn't, oh well.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 23:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine, but if I have more than 2 mobs attacking me, it's doing nothing but lowering my efficiency if I don't get rid of one as fast as possible. If it gets proc'd, it gets proc'd. If it doesn't, oh well.
Lol lucky you. >.< Our server I avoid easy prey all together. They camped by 2-3 people each.
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2012-04-19 07:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Where are my DNC adjustments?

02-16-2012 05:54 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1069] Job Adjustments: Dancer

• Job ability adjustments

• Saber Dance
      • Minimum Double attack rate increased from 25% to 50%
      • Added an attack bonus of 5% per merit while the effects persist
      • Dancers will no longer be subject to the effects of enemy attacks while Saber Dance is active

Subscribe

There they are!
Don't mind me. I'm just a little salty that there haven't been any DNC adjustments for a while.

...although with the haphazard way they wield that nerf bat, maybe I should consider us lucky.
<.< >.>

Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-05-18 08:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, sabre dance is only useful when curing will never be a necessity. This is what warriors are for. Sabre Dance update I love, but it's trash solo. It's like a WHM soloing without white magic.

You have curing with you, (pocket noble tunic wearing taru) it's optimal to have 5/5 sabre dance. Even if you were 5/5 Fance Dance, which would be silly, it's "icing on the cake" is still more effective then 5% more samba duration. 5% of 15 seconds is -_- tho too.

Agree to disagree!
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-05-18 08:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What does that bottom line mean?

"Dancers will no longer be subject to the effects of enemy attacks while Saber Dance is active"
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-18 08:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a joke post
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-05-18 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ina-san said.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-05-18 10:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Saber Dance is one of our best solo tools.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-18 12:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
Regardless, sabre dance is only useful when curing will never be a necessity. This is what warriors are for. Sabre Dance update I love, but it's trash solo. It's like a WHM soloing without white magic.

You have curing with you, (pocket noble tunic wearing taru) it's optimal to have 5/5 sabre dance. Even if you were 5/5 Fance Dance, which would be silly, it's "icing on the cake" is still more effective then 5% more samba duration. 5% of 15 seconds is -_- tho too.

Agree to disagree!

I virtually full-time saber dance and I don't have a pocket mage. Prior to transferring, most of the time I was duoing with a second Dancer. Who was also full-timing saber dance.

Things that are dead don't hit you.

(Neither of us would use shadows, DNC/THF and DNC/RDM (for haste, because oynos is lame).
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-05-22 12:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Asura.Myrrh said: »

Agree to disagree!

I virtually full-time saber dance and I don't have a pocket mage. Prior to transferring, most of the time I was duoing with a second Dancer. Who was also full-timing saber dance.

Things that are dead don't hit you.

(Neither of us would use shadows, DNC/THF and DNC/RDM (for haste, because oynos is lame).

I suppose, I'm not the hugest fan of Drain Samba... I need my shiny gold lights when I hit mobs... It's become an unsafe addiction, really.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-22 12:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We were using Haste Samba.

You can use spellcast to automatically cancel Saber Dance if your HP is critical and you try to waltz, you know.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-22 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use spellcast to automatically cancel Saber Dance if your HP is critical and you try to waltz, you know.
Because we all use spellcast.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-22 12:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can click it off manually too.

Anything you can do with spellcast you can do with out.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-05-22 13:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
You can click it off manually too.
INCONCEIVABLE!
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-22 13:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't consider it legit gameplay unless people actually do the stuff that was designed to do in the game lol. Kinda sad that people have to do it via spellcast lol.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-05-22 13:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

k
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-05-22 13:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
I just don't consider it legit gameplay unless people actually do the stuff that was designed to do in the game lol. Kinda sad that people have to do it via spellcast lol.

I don't consider transportation legit unless you're using the same methods cavemen used, like walking. It's kinda sad that some people have to do it via a bus lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-22 13:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in my day, we communicated with cans and strings, not by internet forums. You dag-nabbled yunguns and yer illegitimate communication methods.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-22 13:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Saving someone 3 keystrokes is hardly a big deal, the comment about doing it manualy was more about how

You were saying this as though only spellcast uses can manage doing it. For the record I don't use spellcast either, not useing it doesn't make anyone special it just meens they will be either a bit less efficent (like me) or have quick fingers and very organized macros.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-05-22 13:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

I don't consider transportation legit unless you're using the same methods cavemen used, like walking. It's kinda sad that some people have to do it via a bus lol.

I don't consider eating legit unless you're using the same methods cavemen used, like hunting and gathering. It's kinda sad that some people have to do it via buying food at a store lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-22 13:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Saving someone 3 keystrokes is hardly a big deal, the comment about doing it manualy was more about how

You were saying this as though only spellcast uses can manage doing it. For the record I don't use spellcast either, not useing it doesn't make anyone special it just meens they will be either a bit less efficent (like me) or have quick fingers and very organized macros.
If you're using windower and not spellcast, you can download the Cancel plugin and you can make a macro to drop specific buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-05-22 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using windower and not spellcast, you can download the Cancel plugin and you can make a macro to drop specific buffs.

I don't use spellcast, but do use some fairly intricate scripts. I did not however know about Cancel. In-hur-esh-ting.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-22 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also set a command to cancel sneak in your spectral jig macro.

Anyway, /cancel really takes the inefficiency out of dropping Saber Dance if you REALLY need to waltz.

With the reduced recast timer on Saber Dance, it's now more than ever reasonable to just go ahead and drop it automatically if you're in danger when you try to waltz.

The #1 most important point in my DNC thread:

Quote:
NO MATTER WHICH ROLE ONE IS PORTRAYING AS A DANCER, YOUR GOAL IS TO MAKE AS FEW OFFENSIVE SACRIFICES AS POSSIBLE WHILE STILL EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY MEETING THE DEMANDS OF YOUR CURRENT POSITION IN THE GROUP.

Allow me to clarify, because it may seem out of place for a main healing dancer, for example, to worry about his or her offenses. As a dancer, you are a front-line class. You must justify your presence on the front line. As a main-healing dancer, if you are not contributing a worthwhile amount of damage to the party, then you are just a gimped white mage who is forced to stay at range, and increases the enemy's rate of TP gain for a less-than-favorable damage tradeoff. Why would you bring a front-line supporter who offers less support than a back-line supporter and contributes poorly to the front line? Well, you wouldn't, and that's the point. Similarly, while soloing, you want to optimize your damage output while keeping it balanced with your survival. In other words, you want to be just defensive enough -- if you're more defensive than you need to be, well, that's just wasted defensive effort that could have been put into offense. It's rather appropriate that dancers are subject to a perpetual balancing act, don't you think?
[+]