Help With Oynos Knife In Advanced Spellcast Rule.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Help with Oynos Knife in advanced spellcast rule.
Help with Oynos Knife in advanced spellcast rule.
By Ophannus 2012-04-07 19:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using Motenten's XML as a template and trying to get the offhand rule to work. I want to switch into Thief's Knife on every mob and after the first hit I want it to swap my Thief's Knife offhand to Oynos Dagger. When haste procs, or if haste is active (and TP<30%) I want it to swap into Kila+2. I tried fiddling around with it but couldn't get it to work exactly.(It swaps out to Oynos Dagger after the first hit with Thief's Knife, but if haste is active it and TP<30, it won't swap to Kila+2.)

http://pastebin.com/BUEn4eXH

Any help would be appreciated.
By Ophannus 2012-04-09 10:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess not :(
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-04-09 10:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious.

Spellcast only triggers when you perform some kind of action, whether spell or JA or engage/disengage/rest/etc. Spellcast does not trigger simply by attacking the enemy on its own.

How exactly did you get spellcast to change your offhand simply by auto-attacking?

In regards to what you're asking, it is possible to do it. You need to use autoexec though, since that does trigger from things like a change in tp(auto-attacking)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-04-09 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try this:
Code
<if spell="Cure">
	<if mode="and" buffactive="Haste" TPLT="30">
		<equip when="precast">
			<sub>Kila +2</sub>
		</equip>
	</if>
	<elseif mode="and" notbuffactive="Haste" TPLT="30">
		<equip when="precast">
			<sub>Oynos Knife</sub>
		</equip>
	</elseif>
	<cancelspell />
	<command>wait 1; input /ma "Cure" <me></command>
</if>

It should fire a dummy spell (in this case, Cure1) to trigger the check and repeat it every second.

That said, AutoExec would probably be the easiest way of doing it, but it wouldn't check for TP - So you'd have to make it send a dummy spell to essentially do the same thing (but only for TP)
By Ophannus 2012-04-09 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the xml i posted contains the rule for it, but I'm not sure if I activated it correctly in the xml. Mote said it's inactive unless you activate it yourself (by putting in the weapon and removing the <----< thing before the rule. I contacted him but couldn't get an exact response and I don't want to bother him. Does anyone else use this rule for swapping Thief Knife into Oynos for haste proc then back into STR/Attack dagger for offhand after the proc?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-04-09 11:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find anywhere that sets "ResetCommand", then again Motenten's spellcasts always confuse me, so I generally try to keep away from them >_>;
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-04-09 11:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Curious.

Spellcast only triggers when you perform some kind of action, whether spell or JA or engage/disengage/rest/etc. Spellcast does not trigger simply by attacking the enemy on its own.

How exactly did you get spellcast to change your offhand simply by auto-attacking?

In regards to what you're asking, it is possible to do it. You need to use autoexec though, since that does trigger from things like a change in tp(auto-attacking)
Motenten's XML is templated to do this without autoexec. He does it by having a loop that initially fires off whenever you engage and it repeats every few seconds until TP has changed sufficiently or the maximum retries is exceeded.

OP, are you having trouble with both the Thief Knife swap as well as the Oynos knife swap? If it's both, your problem with the Thief Knife swap may be that you need to set TH mode to aggressive via the Footwork trigger; otherwise it won't swap that in.
By Ophannus 2012-04-09 13:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I set it to Aggressive, THF knife doesnt go in. For some reason when I'm in Conservative, THF knife goes in and oynos comes on after the first hit, but then oynos stays on even after haste procs and im under 30% TP. I'm not sure if there's a switch I didn't set 'yes' or 'on' or 'true' to that I may be missing to get it to switch to my set=DmgWeapon which contains my Kila+2 for when haste is buffactive.
By Ophannus 2012-04-18 17:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a rule for this that works? ; ;
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-04-30 04:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked into this a little more. What you're asking for in the OP would require rewriting Motenten's template a little bit. TH mode being aggressive is setup as an if/else with the haste swaps, so whenever TH mode is set to aggressive, the code that would reset your Oynos back to whatever other dagger isn't even executed.

Another problem is that the code which equips your haste knife (if it's configured to do so) is only executed when you engage, not during the reset cycle, so this would need to be modified as well.

One error I noticed in your XML is that you have your "Offhand" variable set to "Kila +2". That variable is later referenced as an equipment set, so it needs to be defined. You want to set it to "DMGWeapon" or one of the others in the template (AccWeapon, HasteWeapon, etc). If you do this with TH set to "Conservative" or less, you should at least get the intended behavior of the XML, i.e.: If, when you engage, your TP is less than the threshold, it'll swap your haste dagger in. Once you get haste, it won't swap it out until a reset occurs while your TP is less than the threshold.

Swapping after WS seems really sensitive to lag or something so it wasn't working reliably for me. I added a manual $ResetTrigger invocation at aftercast at the end of my weaponskill rule block and that seems to have done the trick for swapping to the correct knife after a WS:
Code
<command when="aftercast">$ResetTrigger</command>

Sorry I didn't really answer your question. If you're savvy, you can try to hack the XML to fix the issues I said above (first two paragraphs) and it should be possible for it to do what you want.