How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18
 Kujata.Barol
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Axenwulf
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If a list of people who use windower was released and windower was really deemed "Ban-able", do you think SE would actually ***-can hundreds of thousands of players? Hell no they wouldn't. The money they would lose would be ridiculous. That's why I believe it's getting to the point where they could give two farts and a turd what you do anymore.(Why there are still so many notorious botting LS's and such still out there.)

So what I'm saying is do whatever the hell you want stop worrying about other people's playstyles because there is jack ***you can change about it... it's just the way this game is. If you don't care for it, go break out your snes and play with yourself
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Tbest said:
This is a third-party tool, whether you like it or not, Luignata.

Show me where in the ToS it says that.

Are you a *** idiot the ToS doesnt say what programs are 3rd pt programs
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
It all boils down to this. Windower = Illegal, as described in the ToS and actions that have been taken by S.E. Nuff said.

Everyone using windower is wrong, regardless of their reasons. Don't use it.

It's their right to be wrong. O.o

Who here needs it bad to feel good?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Tbest said:

Jesus you are dense. How do you think they get the information for price history and such? By scraping content from FFXI whether using a game client or directly connecting to the AH servers (not quite sure how they get their information). Either way its a 3rd party app for acquiring in game data.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:06:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

FFXIAH is a website, it's not downloaded, it does not alter our perception or ability to play the game. It does not change the code in FFXI or alter the game in any shape or form. Therefor it cannot be considered a 3rd party program.
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-05-13 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yasko said:
Luignata said:
It all boils down to this. Windower = Illegal, as described in the ToS and actions that have been taken by S.E. Nuff said.

If you dont like it. Deal, if you do, then just continue what you are doing, Nobody is holding a gun to your head or a knife to your throat saying to use this and do that. Do as you wish, You only have one life, live it as you would. Its a game, play it how you will. Thats about all I have to say about the windower comment.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Barol said:
If a list of people who use windower was released and windower was really deemed "Ban-able", do you think SE would actually ***-can hundreds of thousands of players? Hell no they wouldn't. The money they would lose would be ridiculous. That's why I believe it's getting to the point where they could give two farts and a turd what you do anymore.(Why there are still so many notorious botting LS's and such still out there.)

So what I'm saying is do whatever the hell you want stop worrying about other people's playstyles because there is jack ***you can change about it... it's just the way this game is. If you don't care for it, go break out your snes and play with yourself

i believe u are referencing the app list... don't recall anything about a "windower list" lol
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

FFXIAH is a website, it's not downloaded, it does not alter our perception or ability to play the game. It does not change the code in FFXI or alter the game in any shape or form. Therefor it cannot be considered a 3rd party program.

it allows you to access in game content, without being in game. of course its a third party tool. what else would it be?

hrmm... double reply. too quick
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

So by your logic, its not ok to use 3rd party applications, but if you can gain a benefit from someone else using 3rd party applications then its all good.
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dinarii said:
Barol said:

i believe u are referencing the app list... don't recall anything about a "windower list" lol

lol no not that list, talking about if a "windower" list surfaced.... it would be a little bigger than the app list lol
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad, totally missed the "If" at the start ROFL!
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-05-13 13:10:26

I'm in the minority. I don't use Windower, or its add-ons. Sometimes I get really pissed off about knowing (or sensing) someone else is using it, I won't deny that. However, it does piss me off when Windower users feel the need to downgrade or insult my choice.

I understand by not using it my gear swaps require 2+ macroes, and with lag, I can mess up SADE or TADE, or have to hit an RA macro twice because I was standing 2 steps from being "in range." That doesn't mean I'm a shitty player worth not inviting (Happily, it's never come to that extreme... I think).

I just picked up BLM again, and will hopefully finish it this time. I'm not looking forward to being yelled at for not having finished casting Sleepga(II) in Dynamis as the mobs are waking up(Though usually it's a RDM that takes care of it), nor having to spend 1-2 extra seconds to begin casting.
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-05-13 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
Yasko said:
Luignata said:

If you dont like it. Deal, if you do, then just continue what you are doing, Nobody is holding a gun to your head or a knife to your throat saying to use this and do that. Do as you wish, You only have one life, live it as you would. Its a game, play it how you will. Thats about all I have to say about the windower comment.

Lol wat!? That's what I was saying, subtly through the use of a sexual metaphor.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-13 13:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

What Jaerik's said, a million times before

It's already been said that Windower and FFXIAH use the same basic technology.

Now.. one for you.

Luignata said:

Please, show me where Windower changes the code behind FFXI, as opposed to simply placing pretty numbers everywhere.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

win
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-13 13:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

First of all, you do realize that you have to download the website to be able to view it right?

How does windower change the code in ffxi? All windower does is allow you to view the info coming from the server in a more organized way.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

You clearly have no idea what the definition of 3rd pt software is so here lets go
In computer programming, third party software component is a reusable software component developed to be either freely distributed or sold by an entity other than the original vendor of the development platform.
Oh and show me where 3rd pt software is explictly prohibitted not just center uses of it. I dare you
 Leviathan.Symbol
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-13 13:14:28

I find the windower thing stupid. if you need it and want to risk it, then use it ,nobody would care really... , all the plugins windower has , like the timer are useless to me since I dont have a job that demands those.plus it sucks that Im not able to play on PC in the first place , just a 360 user
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

First of all, you do realize that you have to download the website to be able to view it right?

How does windower change the code in ffxi? All windower does is allow you to view the info coming from the server in a more organized way.

HUH? Download what site? This one? Hmmm.... Don't recall ever having to do that =P
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

Well technically its game altering since i can check how much sushi is on the AH... on a different server... from my mog house... im sure SE didnt intend for that to be possible.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yarly... Your computer 'downloads' ANY website it displays. Think much? :P

His logic though is since it's not "in the FFXI window" it's not illegal.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-13 13:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Any FF related website which gives information, LS boards which are not the actual community site, websites which give plugins and addons to FF11 = 3rd party.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 13:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Any FF related website which gives information, LS boards which are not the actual community site = 3rd party.

Xbox Live Chat ftw!
 Leviathan.Crosis
user: CrosisX
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-05-13 13:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

All i see it a lot of butthurt console users from this thread.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Yarly... Your computer 'downloads' ANY website it displays. Think much? :P

His logic though is since it's not "in the FFXI window" it's not illegal.

Neither are alot of bots from what I understand (why put proof that your botting on the screen) they just put direct key inputs in.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 13:20:10

Hitetsu said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

Now.. one for you.

Luignata said:

Please, show me where Windower changes the code behind FFXI, as opposed to simply placing pretty numbers everywhere.

The numbers you see on the screen are windower altering the FFXI code, or injecting it’s own code, both of which are illegal.

Frobeus said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

We’re downloading HTML. We’re not downloading any 3rd party programs that allow us to alter the game. Learn how websites work please, I’m a website designer, I know these things.
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-05-13 13:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Any FF related website which gives information, LS boards which are not the actual community site, websites which give plugins and addons to FF11 = 3rd party.

<True Strike>
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
I’m a website designer, I know these things.

/thread
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Hitetsu said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

Now.. one for you.

Luignata said:

The numbers you see on the screen are windower altering the FFXI code, or injecting it’s own code, both of which are illegal.

Frobeus said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

We’re downloading HTML. We’re not downloading any 3rd party programs that allow us to alter the game. Learn how websites work please, I’m a website designer, I know these things.

and amidst all that knowledge, you still come off sounding like a pompous douchebag. go you!
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Hitetsu said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

Now.. one for you.

Luignata said:

Frobeus said:
Luignata said:
Dasva said:
Luignata said:
Tbest said:

<Pond>
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18