How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

windower...

w/e you say to suger coat it you are cheating by using it. You have a HUGE advantage by using it. The advantage is situational tho... for example:

A RDM soloing, where literally every second counts and is a matter of life or death, Using windower you have access to recast time, easy gear swaps, distance from mob, etc.

Ok your saying we all have access to recast timers and gear macros aside from the obvious hack of mob distance, thats true yes. BUT for every time you try to look at recast time or use your /recast macro is a second wasted, a second that *does* make a *huge* difference when soloing on RDM. Lets not even talk about the easy ways of swaping the crap load of gear on a RDM using windower, or how knowing the distance to the mob benefits you.

I am truly not impressed by any video of RDMs that use windower and show how they soloed a mob. Its like having a person over at SE on the phone telling you "hey man your bio is gonna wear in 2 seconds start casting it again" or "hey man your just at the right distance away from the mob, it cant do ***cast on it now and run back", "hey man lemme swap all of your gear for this spell so you dont have to switch trough macro palets in order to do it cuz your wasting time then".

Windower makes your time in the game MUCH less manual and a lot more automated, giving you a huge advantage over anyone that doesnt or cant use it since they are on consoles.

RDM is a hardcore example of how windower makes you a cheater (even if its "yes but i only use it for [insert comforting reason here]")

On other jobs like melees where you can see the TP of others for SC use, yes your "just looking at the tp that the person can give you out nways so your not rlly cheating", crap, you are cheating cuz the person is not giving their TP out and you know when to hold off your TP in order to make a SC. Giving you an unfair advantage over another party that have ppl who are lets say "noobs" and cant get their SCs done due to miss communication.

So yes by using windower you are cheating your way to the top.

Why doesnt SE ban ppl using windower? cuz they know they screwed up by makign the game full screen only at start, and they are considering ppls opinions about it. Tho i wouldnt be surprised if in a year or two they start baning ppl as they gave enough time for them to start using the official ffxi windower. [this is just my opinion]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rafoie said:
Nanyo said:
@.@ (ACK!!! T.T FFXIAH Doesn't open a new IE Like everywhere else T.T I keep closing it by mistake)

Ewww IE! >.> Wait untill the next RMT hacking fiasco... you may learn to stop using IE then.
Nanyo said:
<.< Didn't read through everything, kept deleting my internet exploror.

If it truely deleted your iexplore.exe, consider it a blessing. If it just closed the window, consider it convient. As it should remain closed forever more.

As for this whole "debate" between Windower and No Windower. . . . Does anyone have an actual good reason to say it matters to console users? They are already at a natural disadvantage if you think about it. Then again you could mod the console to be able to use it like a PC and everything is solved. I claim its at a natural disadvantage because it can only play the game. Someone with a PC can research and play... and holy hell look at that! Oh my god! News just in, from 2 years ago! "Official Windower announced at Fan Festival 2007". That implies even the devs, who clearly have more say than ANY of us, don't care that a player can surf the web and play at the same time. So, why should the player care? Maybe you, the complainers, really are just upset you didn't buy a computer and want to try using this guilt/morality point, an invalid point mind you, as a foot hold to even out your own mistakes. If this isnt your case, then why the hell do you care? They choose to buy the console. They choose to buy FFXI for that console. They chose to do what they do. Why? No idea, thats their call, not mine. Also thees nothing to be guilty of when using windower, it as a base program is solid. The fact a person is using windower over the default option shows they can make an inteligent dicission to maximize their pc effiecency. Who doesn't want the most bang for their buck? ... ... No one? That is correct, sir. Using FFXIAH shows you have a PC. (Or a modded console, take your pick.) Not using windower (hell even windower light) while using FFXIAH shows what? It shows you either A. Like fullscreened games or B. Your an idiot or C. Your uninformed about windower and did not know such a tool existed, in which case here you go fine reader: www.windower.net . There I just eliminated C, so now its either A or B. Take your pick...

(Edit1: mechanics(to a point) and grammar fixes.)

*You're
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 11:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
I will point out that the core components of Windower and FFXIAH.com were developed by the same people.

Posting on a FFXIAH.com message board about the implied immorality of Windower is a bit fundamentally flawed.

But, y'know, if you wanna keep arguing it...

Jaerik said:
Atrithk said:
Jaerik said:
I will point out that the core components of Windower and FFXIAH.com were developed by the same people.

Posting on a FFXIAH.com message board about the implied immorality of Windower is a bit fundamentally flawed.

But, y'know, if you wanna keep arguing it...

Windower isn't "immoral," no objet defaults to "immoral." It just depends on how you use it. As I understand, those who developed Windower also made sure to keep some things out of Windower, correct? Things they could have done to make it better , but would provide too much of an unfair advantage.

My original post on the subject.

Your are completely omitting the fact that ffxiah.com is accessible to all players, while windower is *not*. This makes it an *unfair* advantage, which does make it an ethical issue (still laughable since its in a case of a game, but ethical never the less)
 Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rafoie
By Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie 2009-05-13 11:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
*You're

Fixed, changed 2 "your" to "you'are" as only 2 needed fixing. Im suprised you caught that... Well that is why they say to have someone else proof read one's own works.

Thank you sir.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though I've never needed recast timers being displayed to solo on rdm. Hell check out the old vids of Avesta if there still out there. That dude uses like 2-3 maccros sets just to get all the gear changes for all his spells and he still soloed just about everything way back when.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh though... Windower is accessible to 'almost' everyone. Who in this day and age doesn't have a PC capable of running FFXI? Even the laptop I bought like 4 years ago with integrated video can run 2 copies of FFXI at once.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rafoie
By Quetzalcoatl.Rafoie 2009-05-13 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
Your are completely omitting the fact that ffxiah.com is accessible to all players, while windower is *not*. This makes it an *unfair* advantage, which does make it an ethical issue (still laughable since its in a case of a game, but ethical never the less)

If you have access to FFXI you have access to the internet in one way or another. if you are playing FFXI you are on either A. a Computer or B. A Console. If you are on a Console you can modify your console if you know what you are doing. If you do not know then you need to learn and that is not the general populaces issue. If you do not wish to modify it, that is in essence your own choice to not do it. There for you choose to do it. These choices are a personal choice and are not force feed to a customer of a product. They know what they have, they know what they can do, they can get to FFXIAH from whatever they play FFXI on.

So sir let me as you a question now. Why are you conviently omitting peoples choices?
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Seriously though I've never needed recast timers being displayed to solo on rdm. Hell check out the old vids of Avesta if there still out there. That dude uses like 2-3 maccros sets just to get all the gear changes for all his spells and he still soloed just about everything way back when.

yeap true skill, and playing by the way the game is designed. sadly we cant say the same about a lot of RDMs today who try to compare themselves with that taru.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
Dasva said:

yeap true skill, and playing by the way the game is designed. sadly we cant say the same about a lot of RDMs today who try to compare themselves with that taru.

Sadly I cant say most rdms can even toss out a cure and refresh anymore... Seriously had a nyzul run with 3blus 1 whm 1 rdm and 1 sam. The rdm only refreshed himself and only cured after fights were over. Next run the whm switched to brd so we could get some refresh but my god seriously now we hardly ever got cured.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

still arguing this stupid bs? like tards with their padded helmets on backwards swinging nerf bats at each other.

pick up your drool cups and please, leave the pinata bashing for real topics.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still trolling these threads that you obviously don't think should be on the front page? Great job keeping the thread bumped btw, Dinarii.
[+]
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

43hrs, no sleep. maint soon. im bored. it's what i do
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-05-13 11:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rafoie said:
Serbzook said:

If you have access to FFXI you have access to the internet in one way or another. if you are playing FFXI you are on either A. a Computer or B. A Console. If you are on a Console you can modify your console if you know what you are doing. If you do not know then you need to learn and that is not the general populaces issue. If you do not wish to modify it, that is in essence your own choice to not do it. There for you choose to do it. These choices are a personal choice and are not force feed to a customer of a product. They know what they have, they know what they can do, they can get to FFXIAH from whatever they play FFXI on.

So sir let me as you a question now. Why are you conviently omitting peoples choices?

I take by your word that windower hacks exist for consoles, im not to do research now to see if its the case but...

Doing what you say requires lots of knowledge, considering most ppl require instructions on how to forward a port on a router and still get it wrong... well you know what i mean by now.

All starting from my asumption that those hacks exist for consoles, a video game is distributed to the public in a way that a 20 years of experience computer engineer and someone's little sister are on equal footing when playing it. If the engineer modifies the game in any way to give him the upper edge you cant tell the little girl shes making bad choises by not being able to follow the engineer.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And like I said earlier... Most of the people playing FFXI have a computer capable of running it as well. Which means, they have access to Windower.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower is for n00bs real players dont even use maccros they manually type everything!!!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In Soviet Russia... Windower uses YOU!
[+]
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i ate soviet russia. now what?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 11:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

OH SHI~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dinarii said:
i ate soviet russia. now what?

Howd it taste? Id imagine it need some salt
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What!? You ate my dog!? =(
Yeah, I ate your dog! And I ate the mess he left on me floor!
Oooohhh... You 'hate' my dog...
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tasted of vodka, and turnips. vodka i expected. the turnips... not so much
 Hades.Jonoki
Server: Hades
user: Jonoki
By Hades.Jonoki 2009-05-13 11:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt they will ban windower users as a whole, too many people use it and it wouldn't be good for business.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

never doubt or underestimate the retardedry that is SE.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... SE doesn't care about that. The reason you don't see mass windower bans is because they can't prove it unless you incriminate yourself.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jonoki said:
I doubt they will ban windower users as a whole, too many people use it and it wouldn't be good for business.

Everyone should be banned for the slightest thing. And since everyone knows a windower user and has not turned them in they are bannable too. Ban everyone right meow!!
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Jonoki said:

Everyone should be banned for the slightest thing. And since everyone knows a windower user and has not turned them in they are bannable too. Ban everyone right meow!!

haha, only 1 meow, fail-ga
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lol... SE doesn't care about that. The reason you don't see mass windower bans is because they can't prove it unless you incriminate yourself.

Yeah like that one HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE person who made a thread and QQd about it...
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=2917
 Ifrit.Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-05-13 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, how did i miss that gem?! that's funny as hell
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 11:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seriously.. Meow how could you try to do a Super Troopers gag with such fail? Meow you're going to be laughed at. Because right meow the servers are about to go down... So meow FFXIAH's going to be swarmed by bored people that are meow unable to feed their addiction. Meow let the post spamming commence! Meow!
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-05-13 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
Dasva said:

I may be wrong, but wasn't is proved that he/she used Pos hacking when they soloed? I remember hearing this awhile back but I'm not 100% sure.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17 18