How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-14 02:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

they guys at windower.net have outright said that SE could EASILY break the unnoficial windower any time they wanted to - they havent.

Why?

Because its all the things they want to impliment yet 'cant', due to PS2 limitations. They arnt seen as unfair by not getting rid of windower. (limitations or they are lazy). Either way there is NOTHING stopping somoene from playing FFXI on their PC and getting windower.

I dont see FFXI as giving an advantage - I see it as allowing people to play the game properly rather than the shitty UI and terrible battle commands avaliable. If you choose to play in the stone age thats your problem.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-14 02:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
I dont see FFXI as giving an advantage - I see it as allowing people to play the game properly rather than the shitty UI and terrible battle commands avaliable. If you choose to play in the stone age thats your problem.

^ QFT <3
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 02:04:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short:

You use any software at your own risk. There are no guarantees, no assurance, and nothing is set in stone. The same can be said for FFXI itself as much as the windower.

Proof of this: SE reserves the right to do whatever they want to you, anytime they want, with or without a reason at all. The use of windower is pretty irrelevant overall. If you get in trouble, you compromised yourself one way or another.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-14 02:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic question: Art, is your avatar Andy Samberg?
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 02:23:03

No. It's Bob Dylan.
 Fairy.Filielle
Server: Fairy
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-14 02:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"It's an all out war, man!" ---Ryan (Neighbor Version);

& Greg Harrison (The Beatles) still directed, "Groove" 2000;
 Fairy.Shirahime
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2009-05-14 02:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the fact that Windower is illegal (as far as "legal" word suits a game) is not a good reason to not use it... because as jarek said what for SE is legal or not it's just a metter of money... but they can't say it. so if you call GM to ask him he will never tell you that you are allowed to use windower but as you know facts speak more than words theirself. the fact that windower users are still safe and sound is a fact. back to the main point: legal and moral here are 2 different things. the fact that windower is illegal can't be denied but the fact that it's not moral it's something that we can argue about... shortcuts like "meh, it's illegal so it's unethical so you shouldnt use it" won't work. come back when you feel you can talk about this properly.

now to my personal point of view.
i played this game for 5 years (4 or 5 can't really remember) so i've been playing both with and without windower the only difference is that now i get less stressed (i don't have to yell at pt members who dont want to use a macro for TP, i dont have to look every 2 sec @ /tell chatbox to see if i get some PT invitation, i dont have to link 3-4 macros to use things i could just put in a windower one, i can bind the keys i want to the function i want, i dont have to use stupid /recast command to see my recast timers) and becaused of that i'm still playing this game. but in other words i'm still paying money to SE so i dont give a damn about what GM can tell me about Windower i'm pretty much sure SE actually would like to thanks windower developers.

sorry for bad typing, grammar errors, misspelled names, *** 'n stuff :D
[+]
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-14 02:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shirahime said:
the fact that Windower is illegal (as far as "legal" word suits a game) is not a good reason to not use it... because as jarek said what for SE is legal or not it's just a metter of money... but they can't say it. so if you call GM to ask him he will never tell you that you are allowed to use windower but as you know facts speak more than words theirself. the fact that windower users are still safe and sound is a fact. back to the main point: legal and moral here are 2 different things. the fact that windower is illegal can't be denied but the fact that it's not moral it's something that we can argue about... shortcuts like "meh, it's illegal so it's unethical so you shouldnt use it" won't work. come back when you feel you can talk about this properly.

i played this game for 5 years (4 or 5 can't really remember) so i've been playing both with and without windower the only difference is that now i get less stressed (i don't have to yell at pt members who dont want to use a macro for TP, i dont have to look every 2 sec @ /tell chatbox to see if i get some PT invitation, i dont have to link 3-4 macros to use things i could just put in a windower one, i can bind the keys i want to the function i want, i dont have to use stupid /recast command to see my recast timers) and becaused of that i'm still playing this game. but in other words i'm still paying money to SE so i dont give a damn about what GM can tell me about Windower i'm pretty much sure SE actually would like to thanks windower developers.

Oh, sorry if you still don't understand, "Copyright Infringement"; Now get bought out from Deviantart.com;

Btw; Hime = French Equivelent of, "Courtney"; You prude & pretentious stalker.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-14 02:34:50

Artemicion said:
Long story short:

You use any software at your own risk. There are no guarantees, no assurance, and nothing is set in stone. The same can be said for FFXI itself as much as the windower.

Proof of this: SE reserves the right to do whatever they want to you, anytime they want, with or without a reason at all. The use of windower is pretty irrelevant overall. If you get in trouble, you compromised yourself one way or another.

QFT /end thread

pretty much

I use it
or
I dont use it

what you think makes no difference
people will use it and that will keep them playing

win/win?
g'day
 Fairy.Shirahime
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2009-05-14 02:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Shirahime said:

Oh, sorry if you still don't understand, "Copyright Infringement"; Now get bought out from Deviantart.com;

i don't like french and you are OT... post something related to the topic title or leave already
 Garuda.Amara
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-05-14 02:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shirahime said:
Filielle said:

i don't like french and you are OT... post something related to the topic title or leave already

That's not possible... go look through other topics lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-14 03:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
Korpg said:
ffxiah.com is illegal, and yet, you are still using it....

As do many employees of SquareEnix, who's day job still mainly consists of banning people for doing just that.

What about if SE used something "illegal" like FFXIAH.com to identify and ban RMT? Would they then have to ban themselves?

Is this the part where everyone's head explodes?

Watch this... I think this explains it all....

Head Blows Up

Just end it guys.. Its pointless to resist. Props to the OP who JUST had to ge the ball rolling...

</clap> </clap> </clap>
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-14 03:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In closing:

Yes, Windower Users get a (very very slight) advantage over non-windower users. yes, Non-windower users could get the same information by different means if they so choose. Yes, it's against ToS. Yes, SE will ban you if you're stupid enough to make a GM call and tell them that you are using third party tools.

No, you will not convince us to uninstall it, so go QQ somewhere else already cause we're tired of hearing it.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 04:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Shirahime said:

User submitted image

User submitted image

Get to work /pimpslap
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-05-14 04:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

people without windower are bad and should feel bad

to be blunt: I'm sorry I don't like a seven year old hud that hasn't seen an update in those seven years total, go suck on a popsicle brother

i play on 360 btw

edit: for kindness
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 04:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

be nice
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-05-14 04:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

kbro
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 04:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

thx
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-05-14 04:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

:3
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 05:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-05-14 05:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hey now be nice brother
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-14 05:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:
they guys at windower.net have outright said that SE could EASILY break the unnoficial windower any time they wanted to - they havent.

Why?

Because its all the things they want to impliment yet 'cant', due to PS2 limitations. They arnt seen as unfair by not getting rid of windower. (limitations or they are lazy). Either way there is NOTHING stopping somoene from playing FFXI on their PC and getting windower.

That's Win.

Old broads that have gums to ease ***, aren't.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-14 05:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
hey now be nice brother

Hey, Daniel Hakel; I might just ask a few of my Rave Scene friends to come over to your current place of stay.

/Summons Eric Brenn Ilagan Cantada to carry out the deed(s).
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-14 05:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
User submitted image

You; You can just sit there & do nothing like you always do. It's not on your head, it's on Bri's.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-14 05:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Korpg said:
User submitted image

You; You can just sit there & do nothing like you always do. It's not on your head, it's on Bri's.

User submitted image

User submitted image

Get to work /pimpslap
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 09:39:25

Quote:
Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it shouldn't be done...

That’s precisely what I’m saying. If it’s illegal, don’t do it, it’s illegal for a reason.

Quote:
I think you're just butt hurt because either you don't run FFXI on pc,

I run it on PC. If you want proof I got screenshots outta the game in my profile. Try again.

Quote:
or don't know where to get windower from

Cause Google is so hard to use… for god sakes it’s the first freaking link when you google “FFXI Windower”. Try again.

Quote:
If people chose to use windower, that's their choice, there is absolutely not reason for you to get on your high moral horse and tell us all we're cheating.

You are cheating, and it’s a fact you cannot deny. In terms of morale, if you use Windower, then yes, I’m better then you. As a matter of fact, I’ll be going to bed tonight happy knowing that no matter what you say, no matter what you do, I’m better then you.

Quote:
But in most cases people use it to provide them data they and YOU can already obtain just by using ingame commands.

If they’re so much the same, why don’t you use the in-game commands then rather then cheating with Windower? Hmmm? Apparently there’s absolutely no difference, so you should have no troubles using in-game commands.

Quote:
Personally I haven't listened to ingame music for 4 years... it got freaking annoying after the first 2, so now I use windower to filter out that ingame crap and play what I actually want to listen to.

Let’s see… you could A.) Turn off your sound, B.) Turn on a radio, C.) Turn off the Music Volume in the Config Menu, D.) Stream radio online prior to opening FFXI, E) Any combination of the previous 4 options.

Quote:
I use windower because now I can SS chat log

I SS chat log without windower. Learn to use a computer and maybe you can do it too.

Quote:
As memories down the road when I chose not to play any longer.

Which I pray is soon. Game needs a lot less cheaters in it.

Quote:
so what if its 10 pages ago? a point is still a point

ill say it again >.>

I stopped reading there. I don’t need to hear you try and justify why you’re cheating. You’re cheating, you need to stop, nuff said.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 09:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wah Wah people use it get over it. It's not going to change.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 09:51:54

Excesspain said:
Wah Wah people use it get over it. It's not going to change.

If people are going to try and justify using Windower, I’m going to try and justify why NOT to use it.

Will I change anyone’s mind? Nope. But after reading this thread I realize I’m much better then a large majority of the game who uses Windower. SE always has the option of plugging up their code and blocking Windower from working right? They may not ban players, but they can easily plug the holes Windower uses. I pray that day comes soon, because you’re all gonna be lost without it and I’ll be laughing.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 09:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Luignata just gets off on talking down to people from his high horse. The fact of the matter is, you're ignorant, Luignata. It's not about working 'harder', it's about working 'smarter'. The people that can innovate and find easier way to get things done to save both time and effort are the ones that get ahead in life. Unfortunately, you're just not one of them. Life is about living in that gray area. Not everything is cut and dry, black and white.

And btw... Learn how to spell before you try to say you're better THAN I am, moron.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-14 09:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
You kids these days have it so easy. Back in my day we had to walk 10 miles up hill both ways in 6 feet of snow in the middle of summer and we liked it!

/yawn
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18