Forum » FFXI » NMs » ADL with DRKs wielding Kraken clubs
ADL with DRKs wielding Kraken clubs
 Odin.Graywind
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 13:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There has been this argument I've been apart of recently.

It is a plan involving giving 3-4 DRKs kraken clubs, having them Blood weapon, then souleater, and attack ADL. The group ultimately depends on the damage these drks would deal. I do not think this is a viable strat. I feel the better option, from reading through other posts and strats, is work with perfect defense and have as many emp, mythic, or relic wielding DDs do as much dmg as possible in the limited window of time.

I'd really like to hear any input about supporting or not supporting the drk strat. Math and statistics would be greatly appreciated if possible. Thank you for any valued input.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-27 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting him to 50% is easy. I can't see it being easy on DRKs with Kraken Clubs. When he splits is when you need PD and damage. If you can pull the first 50% off easy, it might be possible, if he's not resistant to Souleater.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2012-03-27 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever is arguing with you that that is a good idea is a moron.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-03-27 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you chainspell stun/stun lock ADL? If not, kclub zerging isn't going to work.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-27 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Can you chainspell stun/stun lock ADL? If not, kclub zerging isn't going to work.
stun works, it does not prevent ADL splitting, tried and tested
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2012-03-27 13:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

>2012 >still using kclub

well i'm open to see any parses of a kclub drk actually beating people in parses.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-03-27 13:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Souleater works on him. All of our Apoc DRK's use SE and pump out 800~1300 swing. If you are incredibly lucky and get the right one the first time then a KC DRK should still pump out some impressive numbers. But SE = 60 seconds...we have gone through 4 clones to get to the right one before so I hope they can gear change to a decent weapon after that. We don't use KC's at all seems pointless when ADL melts and our DRK's are doing a full on stun rotation the entire time.
 Odin.Graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you can, however, he splits into identical fake images so you'd need one rdm for every image spawned to keep them stun locked and no dmg happening.

edit: beaten
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-03-27 13:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lightvision said: »
stun works, it does not prevent ADL splitting, tried and tested

When he is splitting he is immune to damage and stuns. Have to wait til after he splits to continue on with Chainspell as well.
 Odin.Graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 19:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.

I'd really like to see numbers if anyone can provide them, it would be greatly appreciated
 Asura.Yoyou
Server: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-03-27 19:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun eating tera slash while parsing KC k?
Ok
 Odin.Graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 20:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoyou said: »
Have fun eating tera slash while parsing KC k?
Ok

Wasn't asking for that, just the calculations. I thought there were spreadsheets and such that one could set up for optimal damage testing. I'm just not certain on where to find them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-27 20:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

K.club zerg is completely unnecessary and likely to be ineffective. Just bring a handful of good DDs with buffs for them, including PD, and it's down to luck of the draw at that point. It should melt to 50% in no time, then you just have the melees Assist onto one clone and kick its ***, then kill the second before he splits again. The only things that *** up your run are a bad Tera Slash wiping out most of your DDs or Dynamic Implosion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-03-27 21:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Successful farm groups are down to one 6 man party for killing adl while the rest farms pops around the zone. There really is no need for KCs vs adl. 5 dd party, songs, rolls, pd, kill. Can get 3-6 kills per run this way, and even after 2 hrs are gone, can still use scherzo, shock squall etc for more attempts if needed.
 Odin.Graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 21:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you two are saying, I completely agree with you as well, I don't think it is a good option. I was hoping to present hard evidence to the point that it isn't a good idea. Mainly because that's all that might be listened to. Thanks for the info.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-27 21:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Graywind said: »
I know what you two are saying, I completely agree with you as well, I don't think it is a good option. I was hoping to present hard evidence to the point that it isn't a good idea. Mainly because that's all that might be listened to. Thanks for the info.

Have them do it, and when it fails miserably multiple times hopefully they'll see that they are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and never do it again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2012-03-27 22:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

k club drk is not top dd anymore, you have to use 2hour and it gets outparsed
 Odin.Graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2012-03-27 22:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
Odin.Graywind said: »

Have them do it, and when it fails miserably multiple times hopefully they'll see that they are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and never do it again.

I want to avoid that, because the idea comes from the group I'm running with and I don't want to waste the groups resources on something that'll fail when it can go into making something that will be more useful.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-27 22:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you need a new group, because the one you're with appears to be full of morons. Kclub hasn't been relevant for damage for a loooooong time now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2012-03-27 22:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Bahamut's Zag. be better now anyhow w/ the new LR length?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-27 23:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS kills ADL everyday and from experience, ADL can resist stun, so a bad Implosion or Terra can still wipe you even with PD on.

Your better off getting 2-3 Rag Drks and Resolution him down, that thing's a beast in terms of dmg.

And having your melee 2hr means u need even more Cors to wildcard every run.

We kill an eaverage of 5 ADL everyday with 12 (in main ally) and 12+ cors mules. We hardly lose ADL unless its one of those bad days when he decides to resist a stun and terra smash my face.

Just my 2gil worth.