Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » TP Bonus dagger + Rudra's
TP Bonus dagger + Rudra's
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That particular fight favors large bursts of damage in a way that nothing else that you mentioned does. Psyche Suction and absorption in general, etc. Abyssea in general, like everything else you listed, does not favor your skillchains.

And I'm not sure how to be clearer with regard to your fallacious accuracy claims. Rudra's strength being in its initial hit is favorable to players that don't pay attention to their accuracy. It doesn't bypass the accuracy cap.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
...are you arguing for or against Rudra's Storm? Because Rudra's would be hit severely more by missing the first hit than Exentrator would be.

As far as I can gather, he's arguing in favor of people who are complacent with atrocious WSAacc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-23 03:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sort of lost actually. Exentrator is clearly the superior weaponskill both straight out and if you miss a hit, and that is readily noticeable by what he, himself, has posted. Skillchain damage being... moot. Can think of only a handful of things where skillchains will be a deciding factor in overall damage done and expedition of the fight's completion.

Missing the first hit of a weaponskill whose main, and only real, hit is 3~ fTP vs. missing the first hit of a weaponskill whose fTP is 1... sort of a no brainer as to which would be impacted more, especially considering that the latter weaponskill has four more hits to pick up the slack whereas the previous has only one.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-23 03:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Twashtar also suffers from many "single-handed" emp ODD. It can only proc once per round while you will swing at least 2x per round. ODD proc rate can be seen as being halved.

Also : Wild Flourish for Exenterator? I still see Climactic recast as being one of the reason Rudra's Storm being weak, in comparison to other naturally crit'able 1-hander empyrean WS.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-23 03:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a significant advantage for, say, Almace. If Chant du Cygne could not crit as often as it does, it'd likely be in the pile along with Twashtar in terms of "outdated" weaponry. Rudra's Storm suffers in that it is not a strong weaponskill on its own merits, and the Twashtar does not hold its own either.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I'm not claiming that there's literally no place for Rudra's Storm, because it was demonstrated in an earlier thread that aftermath can pull ahead in particular instances, but to claim "it's not that cut and dry" in a way implicit of even footing on both sides is disingenuous to say the least.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-03-23 03:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

...are you arguing for or against Rudra's Storm? Because Rudra's would be hit severely more by missing the first hit than Exentrator would be.

Like I said a weaponskill's first hit is the least likely to miss out of the skill. Rudra's Storm gains most of its damage from the first hit making it the least affected by overall accuracy since the second hit is only a 1.0 ftp

Example: Land the first hit, miss the second = 3.25 ftp

Exen's other 3~4 attacks are singular 1.0 ftp all the way across, If accuracy was uncapped then the following hits after the first would have accuracy that would be calculated normally.

Example: Land the first hit, miss two hits = 3.0 ftp

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

As far as I can gather, he's arguing in favor of people who are complacent with atrocious WSAacc.

Complacent? no.
Just pointing out a false statement in your quote.

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Accuracy does not favor Rudra's Storm.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm not going to continue to discuss this with you if you're not going try to wrap your mind around why your claims about accuracy are misguided.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-23 03:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The chances of missing enough hits for Exentrator to be devalued are not high, almost as small as missing the first hit on Rudra's Storm.

What you're failing to realize is that missing the first hit of Rudra's Storm is going to significantly impact the weaponskill. In order to gain the same effect on Exentrator, you have to miss three. The chances of that happening are minute. It is also unlikely that you would miss two hits in order to fit the scenario that you've listed above.

If your accuracy is uncapped, it's equally as dangerous for both weaponskills, and should not be remaining that way to begin with.

Accuracy does not favor Rudra's Storm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of chance, the chance of this dicussion being relevant when it is not difficult to adjust sub-optimal WS accuracy levels is pretty damn low.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-23 03:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Get your opinions out of here, Minjo.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-23 03:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

STR dagger's OP.

OP like MULEs

Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-23 03:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinions and I are going to bed. Good luck.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-23 10:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudra's at the moment is only favored in Voidwatch, blah blah blah, DNC in Voidwatch, I'm a bad person.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-23 10:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Rudra's at the moment is only favored in Voidwatch, blah blah blah, DNC in Voidwatch, I'm a bad person.
Better than THF in Voidwatch. Same dagger procs, more ja procs, and Haste Samba for other dd's.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-23 10:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Better than THF in Voidwatch. Same dagger procs, more ja procs, and Haste Samba for other dd's.
indeed thf th has made it more of a problem for rng's to land bounty shot as of late as well
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-23 18:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
Stop, think, then post. Moving on.

Opinions on the value of Twash for Neonyzul? With Embrava and all the running around you do timers aren't such an issue. Granted aftermath doesn't mean a whole lot in that situation either.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-24 01:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

7/tick regain and finishing moves rotting? I'd imagine Twash probably handily leads over other options.