Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 14:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
SOrry to wake this post up, but has anyone tried killing AV recently with all the ilvl gear and whatnot? Please tell me your strats if you're successful, we're planning on trying with a small group of friends.

WHM spams cures, THF pokes it, WAR SP1/SP2 Reso or Upheaval and that's about it. The chances of it getting a chance to even use a TP move are pretty remote for a well geared trio, and if you are smart about your skillchains, it won't even get a chance to use a 2-hour.

AV only has ~65K HP and it's quite squishy by today's standards. A well geared 119 DD will be at or near attack cap with just self buffs. I've seen a few 30K+ MS Resolutions.
By Luthiene 2014-10-06 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We went in with THF WHM MNK SAM COR, got it down to about 20%, it benedictioned, and then started spamming Meteor which killed us. As you can see, no WAR involved, should have thought of Mighty Strikes zerg.

Do u think you'd do the whole JoL pet spawning to reduce its Regen? or is it possible to kill without that? Obviously its beneficial, but I dont really feel like waiting around for 30 mins each fight.
By worstplayer 2014-10-06 14:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

did jailer roe at w/end with ls, and AV was just for giggles. had all pops ready so saved a lot of time. had 2 full party's, but half of them were toons. basically, I was sch, threw an impact out there to start, followed by a somewhat decent helix to compensate the regen a lil. didn't really see what dd were doing but we had a thf, mnk, nin + rng. somewhere in there was a 20k sc, plus the damage from ws's. did have a whmuse sacrosanctity, that and amount of ma-def stuff around, it was over in about 45 secs. drops sucked tho. and btw, no love halberd drop from JoL so that stuff not 100%.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-06 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
We went in with THF WHM MNK SAM COR, got it down to about 20%, it benedictioned, and then started spamming Meteor which killed us. As you can see, no WAR involved, should have thought of Mighty Strikes zerg.

Do u think you'd do the whole JoL pet spawning to reduce its Regen? or is it possible to kill without that? Obviously its beneficial, but I dont really feel like waiting around for 30 mins each fight.

If you are unsure about your chances without killing it's regen, have at it, but it's not really necessary.
By gregchiro2013 2014-10-06 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

with trust you can solo him.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2833 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shiehna
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-07-09 16:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So I know this is like a super-duper necro bump lol, but I didn't want to make a new thread since I have a Absolute Virtue question related to trusts/pets. So I was doing the Aern style lock weapons event this past week, as I haven't fought any of the Lumoria Jailers or AV since the 75 era. Never got around to doing the AV event the previous years they had it going. I had fought AV in an old endgame LS back in the 75 days, obviously we didn't win since he was nearly un-killable back then aside from the wall/stair exploits people used at the time.

But since there were no trusts back then, and this was my first time attempting to solo AV with trusts, I had never noticed this particular issue till now. So when I did AV twice, (on SMN and on THF) I noticed with both jobs that AV never once switched hate from my character to any of my trusts or my avatar when I was on SMN. I had both AAEV and August for trust tanks on SMN and for THF I tanked it myself. But on both jobs he never once switched targets to the tank or healer trusts, or even my avatars when they were doing the vast majority of the damage on my SMN AV run.

This enmity/hate issue didn't happen at all with any of the Jailers when I trust soloed them on both jobs, not even with JoL. It only was an issue on AV. I even stood with my back turned to AV for a little while on SMN doing no actions aside from damage blood pacts to let either my avatar, August or AAEV pull hate. He still never switched targets away from my character. I wasn't even curing on SMN since I had Yoran and Koru out for that.

So I don't understand whats up with his hate mechanic, I know back in the day obviously this was not an issue with player characters tanking him and not losing hate in this way. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had noticed this in the 119 era since trusts have been around. It seems like AV has a mechanic to completely ignore trusts and even pets entirely. Since I was doing this solo, there was no other player characters for the fight. Idk if this is a bug/glitch or if SE intended AV to have this mechanic with trusts/pets.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience happen when soloing AV? Still beat him on both jobs, but it was pretty annoying having to tank him as SMN lol. Especially when he draws you in if you move like 5 feet away from him, since he never switched hate from my char. I'm assuming the draw in ability was added by SE to patch the wall/stair exploit.

Also side note, I was pretty impressed with how powerful his chain-spell meteor is at ilvl 119. Considering he was from the 75 era, that's pretty wild how the meteor spam is still potentially dangerous without some healing even at 119. I suppose that shows how over tuned SE made him back then. I'm not sure which was considered to be the hardest HNM from the 75 era, Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden, since they were both pretty crazy over tuned at the time.
By Draylo 2022-07-09 17:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, he can still beat those ilevel kids up. I had afk'd there (and appparently you get hit by AOE even when not claimed to him) and my log was filled of people dying or getting charmed lol.