Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 90 Masamune vs TP Bonus GKT vs 95 Amano
90 Masamune vs TP Bonus GKT vs 95 Amano
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 12:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Parsing a 99GKT vs a 90GKT is sensible isnt it?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-03-06 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caelir said: »

Is that aimed at me? I was commenting because someone said 90 masa/amano was better than tp bonus GKT and that's not accurate based on what I think was BG math stuff shown.

Edit: ah. I think you mean topic title? Be more clear! xD
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-06 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

comparing ease of acquiring yeah, easy to get 99tp bonus easy to get 90masa
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kailana said: »

Is that aimed at me? I was commenting because someone said 90 masa/amano was better than tp bonus GKT and that's not accurate based on what I think was BG math stuff shown.

Edit: ah. I think you mean topic title? Be more clear! xD

no no, i mean in general, i dont understand why people ask questions like whats better? this 90, a different 95 or some other 99...

then people putting parses up for 2 completely different leveled weapons.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-06 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caelir said:
Parsing

Valefor.Caelir said:
parses

We haven't learned anything, have we?
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-03-06 12:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the question is based on the idea that the 99 magian GKT is easy to make, and pretty quick, wheras the Masamune can take a fair amount of time depending on the persons situation, and not too many people can currently afford 1500 heavy metal plates.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Valefor.Caelir said:
Parsing

Valefor.Caelir said:
parses

i have no idea what you are trying to point out here....

grammar/spelling perhaps? but who really cares about grammar/spelling on a internet forum..
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-03-06 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caelir said:
Parsing

Valefor.Caelir said:
parses

grammar/spelling perhaps? but who really cares about grammar/spelling on a internet forum..

I do!!!

And he's not poking at your grammar. He's talking about parses. They are biased for the most part when people do them. You need some really concrete evidence and not use VW parses. Some people have cor/brd buffs some don't. That can make/break your parse results along with the different staggers you might end up having to trigger which would also result in your parse being offset again. If you have some solid numbers backing up anything in this forum we'd like to see it and what mobs/buffs/etc.

I'd like to see math results here from a spreadsheet. Not a parse.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Valefor.Caelir said:
Parsing

Valefor.Caelir said:
parses

I do!!!

And he's not poking at your grammar. He's talking about parses. They are biased for the most part when people do them. You need some really concrete evidence and not use VW parses. Some people have cor/brd buffs some don't. That can make/break your parse results along with the different staggers you might end up having to trigger which would also result in your parse being offset again. If you have some solid numbers backing up anything in this forum we'd like to see it and what mobs/buffs/etc.

I'd like to see math results here from a spreadsheet. Not a parse.

But i never said anything about who would win parse, i just stated that it is unfair for people to parse weapons VS different level weapons. (e.g 99 vs 90)
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-06 13:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it unfair when all of the weapons are possible options? Parsing doesn't mean anything anyways.
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 13:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

because you are parsing a fully upgraded weapon vs a weapon that isnt fully upgraded.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-06 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

See, the problem is that you think you have a point, but you don't really have a point.
[+]
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 13:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the only problem here is you are either trolling or just someone looking for an arguement over something pretty trivial. 99 vs 90 will never be a fair comparison.

Let me ask you this, why isnt the level 90 TP bonus GKT compared to a level 90 Masamune? Both weapons are at the same stage of their said "life cycle" but yet people continue to compare a weapon that is 9 levels higher.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-06 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the only problem here is you are either trolling or just someone looking for an arguement over something pretty trivial. 99 vs 90 will never be a fair comparison.

Let me ask you this, why isnt the level 90 TP bonus GKT compared to a level 90 Masamune? Both weapons are at the same stage of their said "life cycle" but yet people continue to compare a weapon that is 9 levels higher.
The reason this comparison is relevant is because of the roadblock at 90 for masamune. MOST players with masamune will stop at 90 and not finish the next trial, while making a 99 TP is rather easy. So, a situation where a SAM may have a 90 Masa and 99 TP bonus is very common, thus warranting a comparison.
[+]
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 13:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »

The reason this comparison is relevant is because of the roadblock at 90 for masamune. MOST players with masamune will stop at 90 and not finish the next trial, while making a 99 TP is rather easy. So, a situation where a SAM may have a 90 Masa and 99 TP bonus is very common, thus warranting a comparison.

This i can agree with, but you have to admit, in an ideal world, you would compare a 99 masamune vs a 99 tp bonus (or 90 vs 90) for the correct set of numbers.
 Valefor.Omerta
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-03-06 13:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, you can compare the fact that Sam can use both, and Sam can Shoha on both. Thats where it ends. If you TRULY wanna know which is best, go to the test server and compare. Stop being an *** to Caelir (or anyone) on here, because you can't understand the differencies that a 9 lvl gap can make on Base Dmg alone on a GKT. Not inc ODD//aftermath etc.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-06 13:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

who is talking to who now.. I am so lost
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-03-06 13:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, forgive me for forgetting that nobody is using a weapon unless it's fully upgraded. I can't imagine why anyone would need comparisons for such scenarios.

I'm really *** sick of "troll" being thrown out whenever someone can't understand why they have literally no basis for the words they are saying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-06 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omerta said: »
Not really, you can compare the fact that Sam can use both, and Sam can Shoha on both. Thats where it ends. If you TRULY wanna know which is best, go to the test server and compare. Stop being an *** to Caelir (or anyone) on here, because you can't understand the differencies that a 9 lvl gap can make on Base Dmg alone on a GKT. Not inc ODD//aftermath etc.

Jesus Christ, YOU CAN NOT USE THE TEST SERVER TO COMPARE WEAPONS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-06 13:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There needs to be a screen that pops up when you get to the forum frontpage that makes sure you understand that no weapon/job/anything comparison with a shred of validity has ever been conducted in-game. Seriously, this is probably the forth time this has been pointed out in 48 hours. It's pretty god damned simple.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-03-06 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28303/kantonotachi-vs-masamune-the-great-debate

Amano > masa90 = kanto. Masa90 vs kanto is buff dependant but post miser nerf masa will pull ahead in almost all situations.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-06 15:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

masa 90 because in other situations, the fudo can do some good numbers too. VW, amano will win. But who gives a ***about what a sam can do in ONE event out of how many.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-06 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
masa 90 because in other situations, the fudo can do some good numbers too. VW, amano will win. But who gives a ***about what a sam can do in ONE event out of how many.

what
 Valefor.Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-03-06 15:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

what

What Fondue said....

I cant imagine in any situation where Fudo will be used except for aftermath.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-06 15:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
what
What Fondue said.... I cant imagine in any situation where Fudo will be used except for aftermath.

Fudo 60% STR
100TP: 3.75
200TP: 4.75
300TP: 5.75

114 - base damage

20 - fSTR

237 - STR (just/beir+1)+13
60 - mod
0.85 - alpha

3.75 - fTP

2.25 - pDIF

103% - Shura+1 WSdmg+3

119% - overwelm

Shoha 100% STR (after gorget and 2nd hit)
100TP: 1.375 (2.475)
200TP: 2.15 (3.25)
300TP: 2.65 (3.75)

214 (gorget/windbuffet)

103%

119%

By Fupafighters 2012-03-06 15:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer konzen kasha - fudo >.> does alot more if you have proper buffs. In VW yes...WE ALL KNOW SHOHA WINS. But there are situations where proper skillchaining will do more.
 Bismarck.Evilsuperman
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Evilsuperman 2012-03-06 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer konzen kasha - fudo >.> does alot more if you have proper buffs. In VW yes...WE ALL KNOW SHOHA WINS. But there are situations where proper skillchaining will do more.
^this
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-03-06 16:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much any old content, non tp spamming situations such as VW, a good skillchain is more beneficial given the mobs' weakness to magic. The scope of taint's math is focused on current endgame though. They really are two different beasts.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-03-06 16:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Pretty much any old content, non tp spamming situations such as VW, a good skillchain is more beneficial given the mobs' weakness to magic. The scope of taint's math is focused on current endgame though. They really are two different beasts.

Actually the above math is from a capped pDIF situation and shows Fudo coming out on top.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-06 16:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

where is 95amano using kaiten with capped pDIF in that? 3.0 ftp 25% damage boost

also 124 base damage

I dont mean physically where in the calculation you just did, I mean where does it rank up