Lvl 99 Solo/dual Box Methods For Sobek And CC

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Lvl 99 solo/dual box methods for Sobek and CC
Lvl 99 solo/dual box methods for Sobek and CC
By sefalon 2012-03-05 10:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I am doing 2 more Empys and I am on Sobek and CC. I would like to kill both nms on same jobs to cut time. I have not tried these nms at 99 and was wondering if there is a easy or best combo of jobs I can use. I have done thf nin whm in the past but am now down to just me and my whm bst or drg mule. I was thinking of doing bst but figured Sobek would eat a few jugs with his to moves and was hoping for a new better/cheaper method. Had not played much since 90 cap and don't want to throw away pop sets with failed experiment.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-03-05 10:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

you would have to either do bst or thf honestly. doing empyrean items without TH is a huge waste of time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Oviraptor
user: Conkers
By Fenrir.Oviraptor 2012-03-05 10:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

beastmaster fully geared or semi geared with capped merits can solo these both easy.

done them both so i know for sure
[+]
 Siren.Obliterate
Server: Siren
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2012-03-05 10:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst works really well on CC can just put dipper or falcorr on it and sit and watch it die, takes about 20 min. Sobek on the other hand is a real pain on bst since bst only becomes effective when pet hp is less than 50% which his tp move will then kill it. If you can keep pet from dying by tyrant tusk(keeping pet hp >=75% usually) should be cake, would recommend falcorr over dipper due to the higher base hp it has. Might want to bring some dawn mulsums along if pet eats a blizzaga IV and reward is down though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-05 10:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never tried it for CC and don't imagine it'd be much different, but Sobek was an easy dual box as NIN/WAR + THF/WHM. No fancy atmas or anything, NIN AoA RR GH and THF MM Dread AoA.

You can also opt for NIN/WAR + DRK/WHM for full red procs and rely on dread/taru sash for TH2. DRK/WHM gets high enfeebling magic, Stun, Haste, Cure IV, and -nas.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-03-05 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i duo box so to save time i farm KI as NIN/WAR + WHM alt
for CC id swap to NIN/THF and drop GH for Dread for TH3
[+]
By sefalon 2012-03-05 10:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not worried about red I will be cleaving for boxes with the occasional guku that I can claim. I did masamune and kannagi before so boxes seem to be best way for me.

As for kill on Cc I assume getting charmed will suck still since kiting with whm could cause mob to go yellow. And on Sobek if I do get one shotted it is pretty much over.

If I do bst and I probably will since it is easier to dual box. What is good setup? I assume dipper yuly and RR DG. Do I need einjenhar atma?
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-05 10:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sobek can be solo'd easily by nin/dnc, just stun the obvious crap ??? Profit, your whm box doesn't even need to be logged in for that.

Croin, you will get charmed, If it helps, He will always use Mayhem lantern after hypnotic lantern after say- 50%, if you can't avoid it still, then Have your whm box cast dia when this happens and kite... yourself. Lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-03-05 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
thf/nin and whm/war
you would have 11/13 red procs if you prepared enough
. not going to get any more efficient than that while keeping TH high

Nin/war and whm/thf is popular as well, getting 11/13 procs too and getting them much easier for the cost of sacrificing some TH

That looks interesting but i can`t figure it out.
I assume you would cover jinpu with a wooden katana and some GK merits but how you do shadows of death and freezebite? <.<
Is there any scythe and gs for whm that im missing?
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-05 11:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He said 11/13 of the red staggers~

The ones you mentioned are the ones that are missing.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2012-03-05 11:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

nin/war + whm/thf much easier to control as 1 person....can get TH4 as a whm...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-03-05 11:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't get koki and ei as /nin no? I figured those would be the ones missing.

I'd prefer thf/nin + whm/war for max th if its posible to get the same amount of triggers.
I dont even wanna think on farming a taru sash after spending the last full saturday in aby konchats farming 0 refresh hairpins, more if i think that i still need 2 and i could have a empy for every one of my jobs in the time i spent there for nothing <.<
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-05 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »
You can't get koki and ei as /nin no? I figured those would be the ones missing.

I'd prefer thf/nin + whm/war for max th if its posible to get the same amount of triggers.
I dont even wanna think on farming a taru sash after spending the last full saturday in aby konchats farming 0 refresh hairpins, more if i think that i still need 2 and i could have a empy for every one of my jobs in the time i spent there for nothing <.<

/nin gets ei and jinpu but not koki. /sam gives jinpu and koki but not ei. ei requires hope torque,headband, and quite a few merits.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-03-05 12:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally forgot about skill+ gear lol
ok, so then its posibble to get koki too as /nin, that makes the 11/13, though that one is harder and needs 7/8 merits and bushinomi, not gonna happen for me lol.
Anyway thanks for the input, 10/13 looks good too, you made me think about revamping my merits D;

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-03-05 13:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally from experience, I've done Sobek and CC alot for my Katana and my friend's Masa.

Usually dualbox her whm/blm with me on nin/war (Sacrificed some TH but meh). I usually AE detectors for KIs and kill w/e NMs that I am missing for a full set.

For CC, it's so easy since he will never mayham on the first TP move. Below 50% I just run when he starts doing his first TP move. IF its thg one that makes u sleep, then I tab to Whm to stun the next move and cure myself then start running. Never got charmed once in all 50 lanturns I've got.

Sobek abit more risky when I did it but it wasnt much trouble if u stun blizaga and keep HP full with cure-skin.

Did all the items for Masa/Kanagi from CC / Sobek in 2-3days
By sefalon 2012-03-05 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone. I also was wondering on cc ... I know pets can not be charmed but what happens if I melee along with jug and get charmed?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-05 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
/nin gets ei and jinpu but not koki. /sam gives jinpu and koki but not ei. ei requires hope torque,headband, and quite a few merits.
any job can sub nin and get koki due to merits and gear but like I said yeah it's harder if you go that route.
Nin/war + whm/thf is easier to cover 11/13 but sacrifices TH

139 GK skill = nin49
16 in merits
5 headband
7 torque
5 ring
5 earring

fixed ;)

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-03-05 23:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Arcalimo said: »

Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-03-05 23:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

any job can sub nin and get koki due to merits and gear but like I said yeah it's harder if you go that route.
Nin/war + whm/thf is easier to cover 11/13 but sacrifices TH

139 GK skill = nin49
16 in merits
5 headband
7 torque
5 ring
5 earring

Ya I guess I never even accounted for this possibility as sacrificing suppo is a big no no for most people.