Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 849 850 851
By jubes 2024-06-09 11:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

what's the consensus for mipmaps? on/off, in ffxi config or through windower or dgvoodoo settings?
By Dodik 2024-06-09 11:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, disabled in both with anisotropic filtering x16 enabled in dgvoodoo.
By zeta 2024-06-10 08:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best overall unity to join? Thanks.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-10 08:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

zeta said: »
Best overall unity to join? Thanks.

No right answer, only wrong answers.

Yoran Apururu and Sylvie can all be correct, situationally.

The other 8 are always wrong (unless you never use them and only want the bonuses for first or last place)
By zeta 2024-06-10 09:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Sylvie

have Sylvie currently but sometimes wonder if a healer would be better. Thanks :)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-10 09:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valaineral best whm
By Nariont 2024-06-10 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

zeta said: »
have Sylvie currently but sometimes wonder if a healer would be better. Thanks :)

Unless you have the more out of the way healers like ygnas or monb the unity healers can be very handy, but as stated vala kiiinda fills in the aoe healing and sylvie does her part for you pretty
well.

Just hard as a DD to give up the fury/frail combo(or precision/frail cause oh woops you're blinded for 3 seconds and that put you under the acc check)
By RadialArcana 2024-06-10 09:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Apururu is good for AOE cures, Yoran is better at single target cures and uses solace for cure stoneskin, Pieuje uses sancrosanctity and auspice.
By jubes 2024-06-10 09:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yoran is my go to before ygnas or monbro simply because his meva is ridiculously high for a trust. whm no good if silenced or paralyzed, and he almost never is.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-10 09:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoran is the most correct, unless what you fight has zero debuffs.

Pieuje Apururu and Ygnas are always wrong, haste 1 casting ***.
By Nariont 2024-06-10 09:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had many good experiences with apu, she just always burned through her MP too quickly on aoes, yoran with a trust with some aoe heal tp move option usually did much better, same with ygnas though he can also just aoe cure on his own

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pieuje Apururu and Ygnas are always wrong, haste 1 casting ***.

So does sylvie, trust life.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-10 09:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylvie isn't the healer (well she has cures, too)

If I need AOE heals, it's Selhteus I call. Keeps trust mp up too. Unreliable... but trusts being trusts.

There's like 8 combinations of healing based on the target, it's annoying. They're all ***, just which one is least ***for the target.

Yoran+RDM
RDM+Selhteus
Valaineral+RDM
Monberaux+RDM
Yoran+RDM+Selhteus
Valaineral+RDM+Monberaux
Just Koru

Throw in Joachim, your whole god damn party is just to keep you alive and hasted.
By Dodik 2024-06-10 10:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Koru/Monb or Sylvie/Monb depending on what buffs/debuffs you need should be enough healing for the EP grind. Sylvie best unity since she gives fury/frailty or aoe haste depending on job.

Sylvie will also haste a cor unlike koru which will overwrite any haste with a frigging flurry.

Best to do the elixirs/give hobo his change every week so monb does not get stuck doing erase one at a time.

Harder fights will need different setups.
By Taint 2024-06-10 10:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My trust set up is typically. Sylvie, Koru, Ulmia(Cornelia when avail), Mont, Ygnas.
By jubes 2024-06-10 11:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

cornelia is gonna make me swap to sylvie even though I'm team yoran, getting rid of trash bards is priceless.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-06-10 12:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
yoran is my go to before ygnas or monbro simply because his meva is ridiculously high for a trust. whm no good if silenced or paralyzed, and he almost never is.

I havent used yoran in quite some time but always thought him and ygnas had similar meva levels, ygnas also dodges just about everything unless its a guaranteed land or super high macc
By K123 2024-06-10 16:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone knows if
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Drastic_Axe
Works if just used for activation, or needs to be equipped full time right?
By Nariont 2024-06-10 16:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The negates def thing is very likely something it needs to be equipped for, since thats how previous zerk/lr gear worked. The second one maaaybe not but id imagine theyd tie it to the weapon too
By K123 2024-06-10 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
The negates def thing is very likely something it needs to be equipped for, since thats how previous zerk/lr gear worked. The second one maaaybe not but id imagine theyd tie it to the weapon too
SE aren't consistent, but the shield is best choice for WAR anyway it seems
By K123 2024-06-10 17:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the somewhat useful Ambu weapons I have yet to make, I have Karambit, Lycurgos, Xoanon, and Khonsu left to make. What is most useful of these? I got a weapon from AMAN so might as well make one.

Don't think Karambit are genuinely useful for anything now? I have RUN that Lycurgos is the best gaxe for both Armor Break and Steel Cyclone?

Xoanon some people say is obligatory for Ngai V25 on BRD to do Shell Crusher and w/e, not sure it is that much better than just using Mpaca?

Khonsu I'm not really sure is that useful except maybe for the Macc when locked into staff on SCH (or BLM, but don't play that yet).
By jubes 2024-06-10 18:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pick Lycurgos. Useful on Run and a strong AOE option in fell cleave that Drk otherwise lacks.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-10 18:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pick Lycurgos. Useful on Run and a strong AOE option in fell cleave that Drk otherwise lacks.
Is Fell Cleave that much more useful than Shockwave on DRK? What is AoE range on Shockwave? FC is really low.

I started using Sonic Thrust on WAR in Omen, way more fun.
By jubes 2024-06-10 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

different uses really, shockwave damage is really low so usually you want the sleep from it. fell cleave radius is smaller but with the HP gimmick on lycurgos + drain 3 its very good damage.

speaking of omen, add dread spikes and pull as many packs as you want.
By K123 2024-06-10 19:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the only time I use either really. There's Aeolian Edge for everything else. I don't really play DRK when I have WAR though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-10 19:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the issue with asking questions like that.

It doesn't matter how good a thing is if you dont use it.
By K123 2024-06-10 19:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd like someone to tell me if I'm missing something with the staff for BRD.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-06-10 20:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also relevant that it's DRK's best option for applying Def- (Armor Break). Niche, sure, but it's a legitimate situational use. Lycurgos is also the best looking of the options K123 mentioned, and we know lockstyle utility is the real endgame.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-06-11 00:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Well I'd like someone to tell me if I'm missing something with the staff for BRD.

The staff is exactly what it is, a Shell Crusher option for BRD/MNK (boost prebuff). You can be cute and equip an Ultio Grip for a little higher Retribution damage, but it's going to collect an insane amount of dust before you find another reason to use it.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-11 03:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
K123 said: »

The staff is exactly what it is, a Shell Crusher option for BRD/MNK (boost prebuff). You can be cute and equip an Ultio Grip for a little higher Retribution damage, but it's going to collect an insane amount of dust before you find another reason to use it.
But I can't see how it's better than Mpacs which also has 40acc.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-11 06:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe anyone said best. Xoanon has just a bit more staff skill. 242 vs 250

It's "preferable" to mpaca because more jobs can wear it. MNK and WAR being the point of discussion, usually.

Mpaca R0 INT+15 MND+15 Staff skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +255
Xoanon INT+20 MND+20 Staff skill +250 Magic Accuracy skill +250
First Page 2 3 ... 849 850 851