Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 846 847 848 ... 849 850 851
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-24 19:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***that's it. been searching for an hour and hard to find this ***with XIV taking up the entire algorithm. THANK YOU
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-24 19:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
holy ***that's it. been searching for an hour and hard to find this ***with XIV taking up the entire algorithm. THANK YOU

lol np, the hume + rdm AF + horror slant were more than enough clues.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-05-24 20:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Unclaimed oneshotting is definitely grey area, sometimes its one way sometimes its the other

You get drops, but does your name ever register on the enmity list if it goes from 100 to 0 without knowing you exist.
The "official" TH video that SE released several years ago was made with a THF aoeing stuff.
I don't remember if a single AoE was killing stuff or if monsters died on the second WS.

Anybody remembers that video? Wonder if it's still somewhere. FFXI Official forums maybe?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-24 21:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This video, right?
By Staleyx 2024-05-25 00:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love a behind the scenes of this if it was even done by humans.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2024-05-25 08:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember this little gem
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By K123 2024-05-25 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any statistical data that proves TH increases drop rates on HTBF like Lilith? Not "I did 50 with and 50 without and got more armor" level claims.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-25 12:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a lot of it with TH and my data proves TH affect drop rate

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-25 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Is there any statistical data that proves TH increases drop rates on HTBF like Lilith? Not "I did 50 with and 50 without and got more armor" level claims.

Doubtful that there's anything concrete on it though the prevailing concensus right now is that TH opens up additional drop slots, the drop rate of individual items doesn't really change. I similarly haven't seen any real evidence of it working on Sortie bosses outside of "it felt like we got them really fast", similarly Peach Power hasn't seen much in the way of evidence outside of myself and a couple others sharing anecdotes of how often their groups saw meats with and without TH.

Still no reason not to apply TH4 since it costs you nothing but whether it's actually doing something for you? Who knows.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-25 12:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna pretend I've ever cared to understand sc properties extensively or anything, but why does Evis>Rudras>Rudras make darkness x2, but Rudras>Rudras makes darkness but then a 3rd Rudras doesn't make darkness again? Is the first one T3+T4 Darkness or T3+T3?

So whenever skillchain properties go onto a monster there's a limit to how many effects can be applied in a "set" of skillchains.

Iirc, the cap on it is 7.

Each tier of skillchain takes up an amount equal to their tier.

So Evisceration > Rudra's = Darkness. They make the Darkness with Gravitation and Distortion. These are the SC properties that are applied to the monster's condition. So it's received 4/7 of its skillchain set allotment.

You may then perform a second Rudra's, Mercy Stroke, or any other WS with a Darkness primary property, to cause a second Darkness skillchain to result, as the set caps out at 7/7.

Meanwhile Rudra's into Rudra's results in 6/7 singular Darkness, and can't be SC'd off of, to my knowledge, because there's no tier 1 skillchain that can form a skillchain off of Darkness.

There's a bit of a loophole too with multistepping.

For instance if you take the skillchain set of:

Full Break -> Upheaval = Fusion -> King's Justice = Light -> Ukko's Fury = Light It actually allows for an over capped situation.

You reach 6/7 on King Justice's Light, and the game allows the creation of a skillchain from Ukko's because it's nice to us, so you overcap at 9/7 and the set is complete.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-25 13:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an interesting view, but you can chain t2 "endlessly"
By K123 2024-05-25 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't get how that would allow certain ws to chain indefinitely, or maybe they don't and they stop at 7 but noone has ever gone that far?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-25 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no reason not to apply TH4 since it costs you nothing but whether it's actually doing something for you? Who knows.
It drops my DPS by 0.01 percent for that one attack round, and that is unacceptable :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-25 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Not gonna pretend I've ever cared to understand sc properties extensively or anything, but why does Evis>Rudras>Rudras make darkness x2, but Rudras>Rudras makes darkness but then a 3rd Rudras doesn't make darkness again? Is the first one T3+T4 Darkness or T3+T3?

A whole lot of nonsense

Um...I have no idea where you got any of this ?/7 stuff.

Rudra -> Rudra is Darkness (lvl 4) because it's Darkness -> Darkness, you can't make more Darkness off this because Darkness (Lvl 4) ends SC.

Evis + Rudras makes Darkness because Distortion + Gravitation makes Darkness (level 3). With a Darkness property WS (Rudra's) you can make another Darkness (lvl 4) off your current Darkness (level 3), because Darkness (currently on the mob) -> Darkness (from Rudras) makes Darkness (lvl 4).
[+]
By K123 2024-05-25 18:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So why doesn't rudra rudra rudra make t3 then T4 dark?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-25 18:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So why doesn't rudra rudra rudra make t3 then T4 dark?

Rudra doesn't have Gravitation. Rudra is Darkness, Distortion

Distortion -> Darkness is nothing
Darkness -> Distortion is nothing
Distortion -> Distortion is nothing
Darkness -> Darkness = Darkness (Lv 4)

Darkness (Lv 4) can't be used to make any other skillchains.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-25 22:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some third party ***that causes DI mobs to act like they're claimed?

Been a few DIs now where it gets down to last mob, and my guy just freezes entirely on engaging the last one or even switching target.

I thought it was like spell lock or something since DI buffs cross party thresholds, but it's happened now with 3 or less other people that were all actively engaged already, so no buffs going out by last mob.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-26 01:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DI is super laggy.

When there is a lot of computations to be procesed in your character, it will simply stay put till part of it is completed.

Its quite common main when pulling loads of mobs, then your character stops to receive dozens of thunder, fire, dia and poison.

Im not sure if youre in a server with enough people to cause a lag in fodders stage, but if you do, its not abnormal some heavy demand on processing there could affect your char
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-26 06:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oftentimes, the last mob onscreen has already been dead for a while and your client missed the packet saying it died. It'll just sit at a fixed % then eventually despawn, and trying to engage won't do anything because the server knows it's dead.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-26 07:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just that, generally this is like... the mob sometimes isn't even purple yet, is at full HP, and nobody else has engaged. My guy just gets completely stuck.

I suppose the packet thing might be it, but it seems strange that it didn't miss any noticeable ones until last mob heh.

I shouldn't complain too much though, I guess. I'm pretty good at getting DI buff, been days where I get it across all 3 characters even.

Wiseman wonders at the implications of Lamiae being in Ru'Aun Gardens as well, even if it is a black and white zone out of the future.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-05-27 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Which HTMB is best for farming Boulder Box? I need for Twashtar from Oboro. I tried Leviathan Prime but it hits hard on D/VD. I am using THF which is well geared but my DT set is lacking I suppose. I am not sure if gearing up RDM/PLD would be worth the trouble.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-27 13:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The non-selbina one you can clear 7 times the fastest on VD. Theree no HTMB that favors one stone over the other.
By jubes 2024-05-28 13:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you hold claim on 3 mobs at a time with one character? watched the galka bots in action and he constantly had 1-2 purple mobs on him and was pulling the next. just 1 PL thf and 5 leeches were in the zone.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-28 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In an alliance every mob you hit turns red and stays red for like 2 minutes give or take

But it shouldn't work with just one party, unless he like voked on the characters being pl'd

If there were only 6 in zone he wasn't getting mpk'd either so idk. I'd have to see what was going on to know.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-28 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
Which HTMB is best for farming Boulder Box? I need for Twashtar from Oboro. I tried Leviathan Prime but it hits hard on D/VD. I am using THF which is well geared but my DT set is lacking I suppose. I am not sure if gearing up RDM/PLD would be worth the trouble.
It's almost not worth doing outside of HTBC campaign, which adds a guaranteed box slot. Anecdotally, I get about a 3:1 case:box drop rate for the first two drop slots outside of campaign (on VD). I think it's one of those things you gotta go hard during HTBC campaign and just buy stacks otherwise.
[+]
By jubes 2024-05-28 18:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

he's back at it in boyadha if you're curious enough to look, doesn't attack the claimed mob at all, it just follows him around. definitely only one party not an alliance.

Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-28 18:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someone else managed to claim it while he had hate, as a MPK attempt? Could still be an alliance with 6 people though, you don't know if there's another leader out of zone. Not exactly sure how claim mechanic changes for alliance vs party, but definitely weird.
By jubes 2024-05-28 18:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

that's true, i don't have enough characters to test the out-of-zone alliance leader myself, but it's just part of the bot's farming pattern, no MPK that I'm aware of. the reason I took notice is that there doesn't seem to be any benefit to holding those mobs claimed.
By Phex 2024-05-29 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a double-segment run and two-time exactly 1k bonus segments at vortex with different bonus-gil. SE really sneaked a cap in right befor new campaign? O.o
First Page 2 3 ... 846 847 848 ... 849 850 851