Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 832 833 834 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Boogs
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-28 03:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It eventually worked. I shut it all down and restarted pc. But then happened again when I tried warping a couple hours later. I use hotspot so I don’t have a router to reset. And I can’t change the password on this one account it happens on, so I’m not giving someone else the login.

It’s whatever. I just wanted to know if other people were having issues recently.

I read the posts in the past when other people had this issue. Thanks for the replies anyways. :)

Done messing with it for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is a new day with less problems!
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-28 10:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have this issue on and off for years. It's a super huge pain in the ***. The quickest and easiest way I ever found to deal with it was to have a friend log in from another IP address. That usually fixed it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-28 10:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply a second pc.

Even a random toaster you keep updated that you can do it from. A $20 ebay laptop.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 11:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl giving bad advice again.

A second PC doesnt fix that since you're (most likely) connecting from the same external IP. Theres a reason the fix is to:
a-have a friend log you in and move you
b-VPN somewhere else and log in
c-unplug your modem for a long time and hope you get a new public IP when you reconnect
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-03-28 11:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Even a random toaster you keep updated that you can do it from.

Honestly, I'd love to see someone load this game up on some weird *** piece of technology like a smart fridge. Make it happen, y'all.
By Moonlightagb 2024-03-28 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out how to get the new easter lockstyle helm yet? I've been collecting eggs but not sure what to trade yet. The hints on the event page says:

Hint 1:
[Region name] [5]
Hint 2:
[Day of the Week]
Hint 3:
[Map] [Wide Scan]
Hint 4:
[Thanks, kupo.]

It seems hint 3/4 seem like new combinations but I'm not sure what?
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-28 17:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I used to have this issue on and off for years. It's a super huge pain in the ***. The quickest and easiest way I ever found to deal with it was to have a friend log in from another IP address. That usually fixed it.

I've never ever had this issue in 20 years. Like I said, I'm not giving anyone access to all three of my accounts, as of today it happens on all three.

I tried logging in vanilla once just now, and that works just fine, logs right in with no issues.

I'll just keep trying stuff for a bit, otherwise I guess I'm taking a break from the game lol. Repeating that I do not have a router to reset or unplug. I am using hotspot from my phone. I don't have home internet, there are no choices available to me that are better than my phone's hotspot. :)
By RadialArcana 2024-03-28 17:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

did you download an addon from some random place, having it on 3 accounts is super fishy
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-28 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
did you download an addon from some random place, having it on 3 accounts is super fishy

No, I haven't added any new plugins or addons recently. (I've been turning the slider off on ones I use each time I try to log in to see if it helps, no luck so far.)

And it's random which account will be able to log in or not log in. One or two accounts might load right up, then the third will have issues. I've only tried logging in on one today so far, and it wasn't the account that had issues yesterday. So I don't know what's going on.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-28 17:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes it just happens. No reason. You just lose the packet lottery and get ***.

Luckily it's an extremely easy (annoying) fix. Log in on any other pc and that's it.

Seen it maybe 5 total times in all 20 years.
 Odin.Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-28 17:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just assume it's my hotspot not wanting me to ffxi anymore lol. (Trying to log in second account now and it's not letting me in, so I don't think it is addon related. Maybe if I see my neighbor, I'll see if she will let me connect to her wifi.)

I turned off a couple more addons from auto-loading when I log in and now I made it in game. If it was a plugin/addon I use, I would think I would have had these issues for longer than just yesterday and today.

I appreciate the replies everyone, I just have bad luck.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 18:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boogs said: »
RadialArcana said: »

No, I haven't added any new plugins or addons recently. (I've been turning the slider off on ones I use each time I try to log in to see if it helps, no luck so far.)

And it's random which account will be able to log in or not log in. One or two accounts might load right up, then the third will have issues. I've only tried logging in on one today so far, and it wasn't the account that had issues yesterday. So I don't know what's going on.

1-Change your passwords (well I just remembered you cant do that for some reason...but why?)
2-https://www.freeopenvpn.org/index.php?lang=en Get public VPN
3-Log in and zone
4-Log out, disconnect from that VPN, change your passwords
5-Log back in and see if it works.

If its happening to all your accounts though, sounds like theres a broken hop along the way. I've had this happen, but theres really no fix. Your ISP likely cant fix it either.

And before someone says "using a public VPN is stupid", theres a reason I said change your passwords before attempting to log in. Unless theres a malicious actor sitting on that VPN sniffing traffic knowing to look for FFXI stuff, the likelyhood of losing your account is pretty much 0%. Gotta risk it or you're gonna have to wait a couple days for the issue to resolve itself server side.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2024-03-28 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonlightagb said: »
Has anyone figured out how to get the new easter lockstyle helm yet? I've been collecting eggs but not sure what to trade yet. The hints on the event page says:

Hint 1:
[Region name] [5]
Hint 2:
[Day of the Week]
Hint 3:
[Map] [Wide Scan]
Hint 4:
[Thanks, kupo.]

It seems hint 3/4 seem like new combinations but I'm not sure what?

For hint 3, it seems there are 5 "Eggsperiment <letter>" NPCs in Windy waters (using BST widescan) that spell out "BUNNY" and 4 in Woods that spell out "HARE".
[+]
 Bahamut.Navius
Server: Bahamut
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2024-03-28 21:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hint 4's the new one, trade THANKYOU
[+]
By Elsewhere 2024-03-30 03:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

for the helm:
THANKYOU
 Shiva.Haldarn
Server: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2024-03-30 06:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Navius said: »
Hint 4's the new one, trade THANKYOU
Anyone else's Eyre Helm just not working as a usable item?

THANKYOU? THANKS FOR NOTHING MORE LIKE
By Chimerawizard 2024-03-30 11:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/item "Eyre Cap" <me>
works fine like that, but yeah, even tried loading playonline instead of windower and it was still unusable the normal way.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-30 13:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you overcap Damage Taken reduction and equip a piece that increases Damage Taken, how is the cap affected? I suppose what it comes down to is the order of mathematical operations, but I'm not sure how it works and I can't find it anywhere.

For example, what happens if I have 70% -DT, but a piece that has 20% +DT? Would it be:
A) Capped at -50% DT (it combines them before the cap)
B) Capped at -30% DT (it caps the reduction, and then combines them)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-30 14:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
If you overcap Damage Taken reduction and equip a piece that increases Damage Taken, how is the cap affected? I suppose what it comes down to is the order of mathematical operations, but I'm not sure how it works and I can't find it anywhere.

For example, what happens if I have 70% -DT, but a piece that has 20% +DT? Would it be:
A) Capped at -50% DT (it combines them before the cap)
B) Capped at -30% DT (it caps the reduction, and then combines them)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Damage_Taken just added together for the final result. You'd have 50%
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-31 15:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any of the Sortie bosses easily soloable with raw meatheadery?

And as far as the basement NMs go like Ixion, Naraka, and Botulus? Are those rough solos for meat heads?

Also what's the best way to get H unlocked? Like what's the minimum party setup you need to handle killing every single fomor?
By SimonSes 2024-03-31 15:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Like what's the minimum party setup you need to handle killing every single fomor?

I would say.. BLU+GEO could maybe do it, but if you add WHM for safety and 2nd BLU for more damage, then it would be very easy. You can also just do regular melee zerg with various dps jobs supported with brd+cor+whm, with every DD solo SCing different fomors.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-31 15:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A should be fairly "easy" to solo, especially with the temp to make taint into poison. C is another potential but it's basically a 3 min dmg check on your end as that's when setting the stage rolls out and you're dead then more than likely.

I think Ixion is doable, naraka possibly but not sure and botulus is dependant on if it charms or not, otherwise he's not terrible, just annoying with all the tp moves

I did H recently with run/blu/cor/alt brd and we cut it pretty close on time but also had a few bad pulls and just general messiness. Just having a tank, 1-2 good DDs and support should be enough as they arent very hard, there's just a lot of them.

Could probably also cleave them if you built a group that way
[+]
By TallyHo 2024-03-31 18:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how much longer the MB window is for a SC closed by Immanence Helix? Wiki only says makes it longer but not how long and after a search around I couldn't find the number anywhere either
By Pantafernando 2024-03-31 18:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere around 10 secs, gradually reducing for each extra step
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2024-03-31 19:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TallyHo said: »
Does anyone know how much longer the MB window is for a SC closed by Immanence Helix? Wiki only says makes it longer but not how long and after a search around I couldn't find the number anywhere either

It's approximately 2 seconds longer than if closed by a non-helix spell - not a ton, but as a blm it's enough to go ja-6-3 rather than ja-6 on every chain.
By Tarage 2024-03-31 21:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Eyre Cap broken? I can equip it, and it turns blue as if I can use it, but trying to use it through the item menu just won't click, and through the inventory menu won't actually activate.
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-01 13:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Is the Eyre Cap broken? I can equip it, and it turns blue as if I can use it, but trying to use it through the item menu just won't click, and through the inventory menu won't actually activate.
yes, it's broken. there's a bug report already. just /item "Eyre Cap" <me> it until it's fixed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-04-01 14:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Are any of the Sortie bosses easily soloable with raw meatheadery?

Also what's the best way to get H unlocked? Like what's the minimum party setup you need to handle killing every single fomor?

It's pretty low nowadays. Nearly handled it on a few attempts with a 3 song bard, sch or rdm, cor, pup (puller), geo, and samurai (doji). Only myself (cor tp bonus gun and Savage blade) and the samurai were bothering to engage the mobs and imo them not clearing was skill issues. (They were also dual boxing which is probably why they weren't dpsing, but if that's giving them issues making me carry them harder instead of just single boxing twice for a clear seems like a bad idea.)
Samurai was only doing 20-30k a ws and refused to do anything but solo radiance, kept on moving his samurai onto the mobs I was trying to solo specifically to not mess with his skillchains because "I should hold to 300tp while he does radiance" which actively sabotaged the run in the last half and caused a slowdown that didn't get the clear the last time I tried with them. Samurai was also ordering the geo to do indi haste even though we had capped haste already to further drop dps so actually getting proper buffs from geo was sporadic.
At the same time somebody let haste drop for a good five plus minutes which made everything get messy in the final room.
Party wasn't using their 1h at the start so that we could wild card->redo and have them all back a good amount of time (or at least my wildcard) before the timer runs out as well.
Admittedly the samurai did have +3 gear, but given the overall lack of participation on dps from the rest of the party I think actually working together if you're still relatively weak or can make up for not having Mlv bloat on your side like the samurai had. I vaguely recall treating the fomor like apex level mobs back when sortie came out and I had to actively weaken my own samurai to be able to 4 step a fomor with trusts instead of melting them too fast. It's not much, but a decent enough reference to use if you haven't passively gained a few master levels.
The true danger is aegis schism dropping people's defense to 0 before a weaponskill, so be quick on erasing that.

TLDR wear your hybrid sets and have either a pup/tank, healer of some sort, and/or somebody with break to handle adds and I think you'll be fine if everyone there actively participates in clearing and playing well. Treat it seriously and try to be overkill. If you fail the first time you can simply adjust and probably get them down the second time.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-01 18:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got any secret JP grinding spots that are unexpectedly good or anything?

I've been hammering the Apex Poxhounds at a pretty good rate, hit about Master Chain 30 and Capacity chain 40ish usually before chains break, just wondered if there were any others that kind of go underutilized that are out of the ordinary or anything.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-04-02 13:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the video about the nuke wall by FFXI Math and had a random thought. HOW is the damage reduction applied from the nuke wall? I saw that Divine Magic and Healing Magic (on Undead) are affected and add to the nuke wall.

What I'm curious about is whether or not the SDT removal from the Banish line of spells would do anything to the nuke wall on undead monsters. It might be useful to people doing manaburn set ups for Triboulex and Skomora.
First Page 2 3 ... 832 833 834 ... 836 837 838