Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 845 846 847
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-03-15 10:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Geode drop rate, effected by TH?
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-15 19:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

no idea at ^

but my question

I saw in the bg test server update thread they were talking about a new ROM file and rom files are only for expansions and whatever

if this were true wouldnt SE have announced something as big as a new expansion atleast by now, to keep people playing? there is no business sense in keeping something like that any sort of a secret and they obviously love announcing little ***2 years in advance anymore
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-15 19:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

If it is, it's minor; geode drop rate by itself isn't bad, you're just limited to 1 geode every 5 minutes. A way to circumvent this is to zone out and back in, which resets the timer.

If we're getting a new expansion, it will be announced at Vanafest.
 Shiva.Matsuda
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Matsuda 2012-03-16 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still a little wet behind the ears with this plethora of content available since I last played. I'm planing on playing Thief until I get comfortable, and am looking for some dagger advice now that I am past the old cap of 75.

Being a new player and without an endgame-type shell at the moment, I was planning on making a pair of STR/STR Thokcha following the advice in someone in my Social.

Is it worth grinding out some of the trials at 78, or is this something I should be more worried about at 99? Also, should I have gone DEX/DEX or AGI/AGI instead?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 13:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

STR/STR all the way!
[+]
 Shiva.Matsuda
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Matsuda 2012-03-16 14:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the fast reply!

One quick question as well in terms of trials. I've read from here that I can complete a weather trial without the weather, with a day trial active. Does the same work in reverse, i.e. killing Rabbits during Ice on Trial 16 will proc a kill for Trial 18?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 14:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Trial 18 is fire weather or day. Trial 16 is weathers. So if you're doing trial 18, and dual wielding, you can do 16 and 18 together with fire weather. But you won't get credit for 18 unless you're getting weather for 16 on firesday.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-03-16 14:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to learn Demoralizing Roar but the Wivres never use it even though I'm standing to the side. They keep use Granite Skin and Boiling Blood so am I standing in the wrong place or something? >_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-03-16 14:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wivres in Grauberg S and Konschtat A (also Grauberg A)
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-16 15:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I learned it in Grauberg <S> so you should be fine there.
By Artemicion 2012-03-16 18:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious, is there still a demand for a bard and corsair combination in lowman to small time alliances? I know BRD BRD and BRD + COR was all the rage in merit parties for sheer xp/hr, but with Abyssea and cleave burning as well as general adjustments favoring the tide of DDs, do bards and corsairs hold as much significance as they used to?
Besides, Corsair's DD viability has expanded drastically, so dual boxing a corsair and a bard while maintaining consistent DPS sounds like a daunting task.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 18:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD and COR are both really nice for VW. Even more so if your COR has Armageddon.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-16 18:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted aby exp parties are empty-headed and you could go whm melee and no one would even notice...for farming bard is still requested(although often just taken as a sub for blm)due to procs, while cor is highly ignored for any abyssea activity.
Both though are very relevant for VW and will be for Legion.
By Artemicion 2012-03-16 18:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Granted aby exp parties are empty-headed and you could go whm melee and no one would even notice...for farming bard is still requested(although often just taken as a sub for blm)due to procs, while cor is highly ignored for any abyssea activity.
Both though are very relevant for VW and will be for Legion.

I'm glad the double stack and unique buff combination still still hold validity in future events, but with COR as a respectable DD now (note: I last played COR before they even had QD charges :/), it would seem unlikely I would be able to coordinate the tasks of a bard in combination with focused DD attention on COR.

Perhaps I really should just drop my second account.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 18:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

COR usually benefits from the same rolls as DD. Except on a few fights like B-Rex where wildfire is required.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-16 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do other things while playing cor you're going to make a terrible cor performance.
By Artemicion 2012-03-16 18:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do other things while playing cor you're going to make a terrible cor performance.

Yeah that was what I was afraid of.
Not sure how attentive BRD is now, but I'm sure they have their share of running around and debuffs to keep active, and any deviated focus from COR is going to hurt my damage severely :/
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-16 18:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW at least, as a brd you won't debuff unless it's a proc. Just x2 march, and DD on COR. We have a COR/BRD dual boxer that does it.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-03-16 18:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Yeah that was what I was afraid of.
Not sure how attentive BRD is now, but I'm sure they have their share of running around and debuffs to keep active, and any deviated focus from COR is going to hurt my damage severely :/

You actually have to log into FFXI before your COR performance can be adversely affected, though. ;_;
By Artemicion 2012-03-16 18:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh true. I suppose I should at least try to see how horrible I can maintain two characters at once again before I dismiss the idea completely. Though if I make good friends from picking up the game again, I might go back to a singular account so I can have undivided attention at once.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-17 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

how are ogier breeches against augmented heca pants for cdc on paladin?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-17 14:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's one that is probably easy but I can't seem to find...

A PLD with meritted Shellra V and MDT gear can get -50% MDT. Aegis breaks the cap, and at 99 has -50% MDT. Does that actually equal -100% MDT or is there a cap to MDT even with Aegis?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-17 14:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caps at like 87.5%

Asura.Fondue said: »
how are ogier breeches against augmented heca pants for cdc on paladin?
If you don't need acc, and you have HQ ones with Crit +4, I'd probably just stick with hecatomb.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 14:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like 87.5% or something. It's close to 90%.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-17 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeesh that was quick... thanks for the replies. I didn't think it could possibly be 100%, that's be stupid/kinda awesome/totally broken.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-03-17 15:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »

ive a theory it acts like a bc/kc/hkc seal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-03-17 18:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a mistake, its the lv85 versions which is -6 perp which you need w/ evoker's ring

Best outcome I believe would be

Removal of 15mp perpetuation:
AF3 body -4
AF3 feet -3
Magian staff -6
Evoker's ring -1
Auto refresh (1) -1

That's perp removed, auto refresh can only cancel the last 1 perp out because of perpetuation capping at -1

Now you can get
AF3+2 head
stearc subligar
moonshade w/ refresh (If you choose it)
Serpentes cuffs (during nighttime)
Auto refresh II
Oneiros grip (<76% MP latent refresh)

For 7mp/tic, could add chrys torque and poison taster's cape for 9mp/tic but lol @ keeping those going constantly <_<
By mortontony1 2012-03-17 19:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have bst, dnc, war, and nin leveled. Merit WSs: Ruinator is 100% but having a toss up between Upheaval, Shun, and Exen. Exen is great so prolly keep that. So basically Upheaval vs SHun. I use all jobs about equally.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 845 846 847