Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 772 773 774 ... 850 851 852
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 10:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Must be the magnetism. I'll call NASA
It’s really NOT though, huh?
“It’s the BIG Booty Rules! Gwavity”
Blatantly obvious BIG Booty doesn’t Control anything.

Mass = Nothing

Even more Definitive PROOF that Gravity is NOT the Correct Answer….

The Biggest Difference between Gravity vs Magnetism
We can Reproduce the whole Solar System of Motion
— Magnetism is Demonstrable & Provable
— Gravity is not Provable nor even Demonstrable
By Dodik 2023-02-21 11:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why won't prismatic chest give mogchancement?

Gravity.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 11:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Why won't prismatic chest give mogchancement?

Gravity.
I don’t want to seriously derail this Thread so I will STOP
Theres never been a Scientific Experiment proving Mass = Gravity
That’s all there is to say about it

All while….

We can Prove that Magnetism formulates into Clockwork
— BIG Diff
Siren.Akson said: »
I should be able to go to the ISS &/or Higher Altitude
— Drop 2 Spherical Objects relative Mass proportionally to EARTH vs SUN
Watch as Gravity comes ALIVE otw downward towards Earth!

Mass = Gravitational Experiment —F-A-I-L-U-R-E—

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-21 15:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
I should be able to go to the ISS &/or Higher Altitude
— Drop 2 Spherical Objects relative Mass proportionally to EARTH vs SUN
Watch as Gravity comes ALIVE otw downward towards Earth!

Mass = Gravitational Experiment —F-A-I-L-U-R-E—

I really do know better than to respond to this, but my lunch delivery is late and I haven't cracked a bowl this afternoon yet.

Your dumbass apparently is unaware of the ability of an object to have inertia and how the effects your thoughts. 2 spheres "dropped" from the ISS are moving in orbit around the earth at 4.76miles per second, which at any one instance translates into a linear momentum. The spheres ARE falling, they're just not falling fast enough to actually reach earth, as their linear velocity translates into "falling around" earth rather than directly to it. And guess what- if the ISS stopped its linear movement, it would fall, too.

You're like a chimp with a machine gun. Eventually you figure out how to pull the trigger, but you assume your finger is killing fellow chimps because you don't understand the mechanics of what you are holding. So, for your own sake, do please stop.
By llAKs0nll 2023-02-21 15:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Then they should form their own Orbit otw around / down
They should have a Barycenter and all spinning around one another
Two Sphere Masses dropped should Replicate what we perceive to be

I would love to actually see such in action tbh
Idk why such is Chimpanzee logic wanting to Replicate Orbits
I even gave a Perfect TEST we could easily attempt

Do I believe it? Obviously NOT
Is it possible to Prove? Absolutely!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-21 15:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
If you had to choose only 1 between these, which do you think would aid the job the most?

Kannagi
Rhongomiant
Gandiva

Also what are the most popular/must have Empyreans these days?
Quoting myself to restate the question. (Appreciating the input on it thus far)

Let's try not to clog up this thread with improperly done physics and what not. I don't want to have to issue topic bans for this lovely thread or any other, but I will.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-02-21 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Kannabi because you can still offhand it?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-21 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gandiva is forcing its way into several strats in Odyssey v25 with the WS wall as such. It allows the RNG to still ride an empy-level AM3 for peak TP phase damage, but also still allow the COR to use Arma and ride Last Stand as their WS of choice. I'm not saying "BOWS ARE BACK, BABY!", but among the 3, Gandiva does have a role.

I've also seen a small handful of DRGs who swear by Rhongo, and I can't argue with the numbers they put up. Not sure it's as much of a unique use compared to other DRG options, but it isn't junk, that's for sure^^
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2023-02-21 15:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn’t waste my time making any of those when Better REMA options exist for all 3 Jobs unless I wanted something to do knowing I would rarely use them over other options.

— For instance
I decided to make a REMA for SAM and I am convinced that Koga is #1 so why even bother making a Masa
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-21 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using both Gandiva and Rhongo a lot more in Gaol now with WS wall.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2023-02-21 16:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even putting aside its recent popularity, I'd also say trueshot Gandiva is hands down one of the most fun builds I've ever used in this game. If you like bows, I'd say go for this one! Our group has included it in our lineup for a bunch of ambuscades where the positioning worked out, so you can easily use it for more than just Gaol.

There are plenty of options for enmity control, and Jishnu's Radiance has, like, the coolest ws animation of them all (this is just science, really).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-21 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had to choose only 1 between these, which do you think would aid the job the most?

Kannagi
Rhongomiant
Gandiva

Quoting myself to restate the question. (Appreciating the input on it thus far)

Let's try not to clog up this thread with improperly done physics and what not. I don't want to have to issue topic bans for this lovely thread or any other, but I will.
If you're asking "which of these 3 emps would you pick", you should expect to get the return question of "why are you picking 3 from the lower tiers"? It will influence the answer to your original question.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-02-21 19:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kannagi
Rhongomiant
Gandiva

Needs more context, particularly what other weapon options the player has for NIN RNG DRG. The answer to which weapon to pick is highly dependent on whether it's going to be a supplement to other choices for niche situations, the player's only RMEA for the job, whether you're leaving something much more impactful for another job on the table, etc. With that in mind:

Gandiva
It's a strong bow, and in niche situations like Gaol v25 it has a place (as mentioned above). However, a couple major downsides:
(1) Archery is usually worse than Marksmanship (both in overall DPS and flexibility - i.e., Gandiva is physical damage or bust, whereas Marksmanship has solid phys and magical WS options), and
(2) To make the most of Gandiva you'll also need another RMEA (Fail-Not, so you can generate Chrono Arrows which are usually the best ammo for Gandiva)

So, for a RNG who already has Marksmanship options covered and doesn't mind getting an Aeonic bow for the ammo, I'd say go for it! But if this is your one-stop shop for a RMEA, don't go with Gandiva first - I'd suggest starting with the much more flexible Armageddon or Fomalhaut. And honestly you'll likely get more use out of Annihilator and Gastraphetes too, making Gandiva a 5th place option. Still probably the best bow though!

Shout out to forum member Demhar's excellent 2021 video comparing all 7 RNG RMEA options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS6IMgv98ks I think this is still pretty much spot on, aside from maybe some specific cases in newer content (e.g., Gaol v25, maybe some specific basement Sortie NM, etc.)

Kannagi
I'll preface this by saying I have every NIN RMEA at R15 and I love my Kannagi. But it is pretty clear that it is not the best RMEA to start with. You can't really go wrong with a Heishi as an all-arounder for anything a Ninja would want to do, including hybrid WS. If getting Aeonic clears (or prioritizing other Aeonic weapons) is an issue for you, Kikoku is also an excellent choice - cheaper than Kannagi, useful in more situations, and more uses for its associated WS.

Kannagi is a niche weapon, best used in situations where for some reason you want (a) heavier white damage (e.g., the recent moogle ambuscade where you spend a lot of time dealing with Amnesia), (b) you need to focus on Blade: Hi due to a specific SC with others (if not, you're better off using a different WS), or (c) for some types of crit builds. It's fun when it works, and it's not BAD in other use cases (in most situations, DPS is relatively comparable to Kikoku)... but as an all-around option, Aeonic/Relic are the options you want to look at first.

Pantafernando said: »
Maybe Kannabi because you can still offhand it?

No. Kannagi has never has been, and likely never will be, a useful offhand. Other 1h Empys - specifically Twashtar and Almace - have been good offhands in the past, but they have a very useful DEX stat. Kannagi's AGI provides minimal benefit to anything but Blade: Hi (other advantages like Eva or Racc are very minor), and if for whatever reason you need to focus on Hi you should be mainhanding Kannagi, not offhanding it.

Rhongomiant
I'll defer to the more expert DRGs on this, but seems to me that the general wisdom is more that Rhongo is another one that is maybe a niche choice with some useful situations, but not the usual recommendation for a DRG to go for as your first RMEA.

Trishula is excellent and I think is still the most commonly recommended polearm. Beyond that, DRG gets some great use out of Ambuscade weapons: Naegling is (unfortunately?) a great DRG option, and Shining One is basically an RMEA class polearm (on the lower end of that group).

Ryunohige also seems to have made more of a comeback lately in terms of community opinion, and can definitely be put to great use in the right situations and hang with the top options. It's also probably the most obnoxious to make, being a Mythic, and with other "easier" to obtain options (especially Trishula) performing similarly, most people grab those and call it a day.

Must-have: Daurdabla, basically seen as a requirement for a serious endgame Bard.

S tier: Masamune, Verethragna (for MNK, not so much for PUP), Caladbolg, Twashtar (for THF DNC, not so much for BRD). All of these are seen as excellent choices for their jobs in nearly any situation.

Armageddon is maybe not as unanimously accepted as that group, but pretty close to that top tier too and has become more popular in recent years with some strats on more current content (e.g., it's great on Arebati) and the addition of Hover Shot (disgustingly good white damage with Empy AM3 up and RNG Hover Shot stacks).
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-21 19:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd include Ukon in the "most popular/must have" S tier- being able to ride white dmg in a DAdmg build means no bad interaction with the BRD and COR using Savage compared to sword 'n board WARs. While not necessary or even needed, its a helluva fun style to play and fits well with a lot of content like Odyssey segment farming, dyna-D, and the like.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-22 00:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Quote:
Kannagi
Rhongomiant
Gandiva

Needs more context, particularly what other weapon options the player has for NIN RNG DRG.

Thanks for the big informative post. Definitely striking Gandiva off the list due to the Chronos Arrows thing Q.Q

As far as additional context goes, the character I'm potentially making one of these for is my LP character, and the consideration goes towards these, because I like all of these jobs but I'm limited on time. I've acquired three Relics for the character already for other jobs (Excalibur, Ragnarok, and Mandau), and while I know those don't compare to their respective Empyrean counterparts, I can't afford to get lost in REMAs forever (or rather, I guess my vision doesn't go that far into the future).

And I've already got a desire to have the SAM mythic for personal reasons related to my departed mom.

You've got me interested in Armageddon now too though, lol.

Hoo boy. Decisions, decisions.

Anyone got anymore knowledge on Rhongo? I like the sounds of this underdog spear. Camlann's Torment is really more than just VIT mod too now, right?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-02-22 01:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the big informative post. Definitely striking Gandiva off the list due to the Chronos Arrows thing Q.Q

You've got me interested in Armageddon now too though, lol.

Maybe I went a little too hard on the arrow dmg difference, because don't get me wrong - the Artemis Arrows from Gandiva are still very good. They're generally 2nd place and close to Chronos, and you can absolutely still use them fine in any place you wanted to use Gandiva. It's just that you might feel a gnawing sensation knowing that there's something a little bit better out there for most situations ;)

Armageddon is pretty cool though! I always love using mine, and it's versatile enough to do a little bit of everything. 1st place white damage by a ton (which means a lot more now for RNG since they added Decoy Shot), and the tons of AGI helps every marksmanship WS so it's also a solid performer for Last Stand or Trueflight/Leaden. And while it really shines the most on RNG, it's still very good for COR and being able to use it for two jobs is a nice bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-22 01:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[cut]
If this is your stance, that you love those jobs etc, then why are you so fixated on empys?
Why not Mythic? For instance Gastraphetes is quite a nice weapon for RNG and opens up many things.

If you really want a strong weapon for NIN, just get Kikoku (relic) instead of Kannagi? For the reasons Capuchin already told you.
It's easy to make and it's probably the second best katana for NIN

Another thing you might want to consider is the "difficulty" of Empyreans. Not all paths are the same, some are noticeably easier than others.
For instance Gandiva is what I would call way less stressing than others. Granted that this will change a lot according to your server (more crowded servers makes it way more stressing to go for certain paths) and according to wether or not you have mules to multibox.

If you're solo and want to do solo RMEAs that you can do on your own (unlike Aeonics) you could also consider Ryunohige for DRG, it's quite a nice weapon as it's been shown already in this thread, and would get you the chance to experience the mythic path for RMEAs, something that might be completely new for you, different from Relics and Empyreans, and as such sorta enticing for you?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-22 01:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
[cut]
Why fixate on empys?

Because I want to make at least one Empyrean for the LP. Like a capstone on Abyssea. But I would prefer it be for a job I like that wasn't one I made or helped make back in 2010/2011. Back then I made an Ukon for me, 2 Almaces for the GF and good friend, a Daurdabla for BRD friend, and Verethragna for that same friend. Oh and a Masamune on my alt Dumakulem.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-02-22 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the VR missions completely soloable with Trusts?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-22 13:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yups. I highly recommend COR to all my friends doing TVR missions as its a lot of running, plus with trusts and a real char's DD rolls things melt. I'm sure other jobs are quite fine for it as well, some of the latter fights are a little beefier and if you're slow or not paying attention can cause problems, but my experience is they're all easy to overpower with just good personal buffs and trusts.
By llAKs0nll 2023-02-22 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
[cut]
Why fixate on empys?

Because I want to make at least one Empyrean for the LP. Like a capstone on Abyssea. But I would prefer it be for a job I like that wasn't one I made or helped make back in 2010/2011. Back then I made an Ukon for me, 2 Almaces for the GF and good friend, a Daurdabla for BRD friend, and Verethragna for that same friend. Oh and a Masamune on my alt Dumakulem.
Looking over your Account here on FFXIAH and your List of REMA + 99 Jobs. I see you have many Better options to go w/ if you want another REMA.

I see such as a total waste of time when BiS is always our Main GOAL.

Some ppl make every REMA in the Game. I make what allows me to be The Best Player possible.
I only make what I need to help me Succeed. Hence I would NOT make any of those Items listed.

I have Kannagi yet it’s literally Useless.
I use Naegling more than anything on NIN and Heishi to Chi.
I certainly wouldn’t advise making that worthless PoS.

Well…. Unless you wanna do as I do
YouTube Video Placeholder

Yet you need a lot more on NIN than just that Kannagi alone.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-22 14:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's an accesssible NM that either has permanent blaze spikes or an enspell effect?
By llAKs0nll 2023-02-22 14:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei

I've already got a desire to have the SAM mythic for personal reasons related to my departed mom.

Think of your Mother. That’s always BEST
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-22 15:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
What's an accesssible NM that either has permanent blaze spikes or an enspell effect?

unstable cluster might be one, certainly accessible but depends on what you actually need i guess

brulo also potentially viable if self destruct is more problematic than abyssea time(though asurans might not want you holding it)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-22 15:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If it doesn't specifically have to be an nm there's also apex hecteye who have practically permanent spikes
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-22 16:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to test the abyssea sachet absorb rates. I ended up grabbing soil sachet after remembering Cuelebre's normal attacks are earth element, so I'm just afking for 2 hours with the sachet on while he attacks me.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-22 16:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently remember reading a "new" finding about AoE JAs (warcry, valiance, one for all etc)
We all know that these actions give you additional enmity for each pt member hit by it.

But I recently found out here on these boards that this additional enmity won't happen, UNLESS the pt members hit by it are already in the monster's enmity list somehow.
If they're not, zero additional enmity gained.

Anybody remembers where was this posted? I can't find it again.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 772 773 774 ... 850 851 852