Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 392 393 394 ... 861 862 863
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-17 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You could prob manage N by yourself on some of these bcnm's

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 12:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I am not comfortable dealing with strangers. I forced myself to do so in the past and it drained me. I know shouts exist, but I just don't want to anymore.

Do battlefields even give drops at low level? As I imagine I'd have to go with easy.
Yeah, it's incredibly hard to connect with strangers sometimes, I feel like most people make connections in this game by happenstance, and then there are friends of friends. Shout groups are like the game's equivalent of dating websites or personal ads: great in principle, but ultimately disappointing. I'd offer you a pearl if you were on Sylph, but really I'm just as much a stranger as anyone else.

In battlefields, you almost definitely won't see drops unless it's on Normal or higher. As a NIN, particularly with limited tank trust options, you might end up needing to be doing the tanking yourself, but with support trusts it should be quite manageable. There is that sort of gear/experience threshold that allows you to make the jump from Easy to Normal (ie: Eminent to 119), so you might need to mess around with other content I suppose. I'd recommend getting RUN to 49 if you haven't already since it's very complimentary for NIN to sub in BCs with Trusts.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-17 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have capped run actually. I just think among the jobs I've bothered bringing to 99 nin is my best shot.

Unless I decide to also level bst I suppose.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-17 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Should just hop servers!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-17 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN can solo colonization reive!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note, Trusts can't be used in SR. And not to disparage Flop or Kyte's posts, but it's pretty clear that shouts or server hopping aren't the solutions Seha is looking for. It's not that she can't shout, but that shout groups are generally lackluster in performance, and there's a certain insincerity with teaming up with strangers. It's like a social weirdness akin to when you're pleasant to someone at work, but really you have zero personal connection so you never would actually think to hang out with them. Server hopping has the same issue; doesn't matter if there are more people if you still have no connection with any of them.

That's not to say that both shouts and server hopping have their merits, and that for plenty of people, they are great solutions to "I ain't got nobody".
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-17 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was only being semi-serious lol
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 13:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda figured, but I still felt like I should say something since a lot of people say "just server hop" as if that or a merge would suddenly give everyone a full active friends list.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-17 13:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had/have the same issue so I slowly gathered up people that were similar and made my own LS. People like her- thus why I said I was semi-serious rather than completely joking.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 13:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear ya, I generally toss out pearls to anyone who's just looking for nice people who aren't obsessed with items and stuff (especially returning players). My friend pointed out that the LS chat is like traveling back to 2005 sometimes.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-17 14:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am aware it's my deliberate choice to always play alone, not looking for excuses or anything.
[+]
By nanohamaho 2015-09-17 16:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently enjoyed leveling Geo Run and Whm up to 99, I mostly keep to myself and sometimes play with a friend. Out of those 3 jobs, which is the most likely to complete content with trusts? I mainly want to be able to do -

skirmish - I've done a tiny bit of this but honestly I was carried

hard mode fights - on normal if at all possible

delve - I saw they made adjustments to it? and I'd love some of the accessories.

vagray - this one I have no idea about, but glancing at the reforged empyrean upgrades it seems they all need stuff from here...

I don't intend to be able to take on the world like a Blu or anything, but I've enjoyed all 3 of these jobs back to back and I'd really like a suggestion on which to take further so I can set goals and stop spending gil in random places.

Sorry if this was too long.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-17 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say RUN or GEO. RUN can take a beating, and you could use supportive trusts for haste, etc. It would be the better of the two for merit BCs. GEO can do great magic damage solo, so for events like Delve and Skirmish, you'd cover a lot of ground.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-17 16:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nanohamaho said: »
I recently enjoyed leveling Geo Run and Whm up to 99, I mostly keep to myself and sometimes play with a friend. Out of those 3 jobs, which is the most likely to complete content with trusts? I mainly want to be able to do -

skirmish - I've done a tiny bit of this but honestly I was carried

hard mode fights - on normal if at all possible

delve - I saw they made adjustments to it? and I'd love some of the accessories.

vagray - this one I have no idea about, but glancing at the reforged empyrean upgrades it seems they all need stuff from here...

I don't intend to be able to take on the world like a Blu or anything, but I've enjoyed all 3 of these jobs back to back and I'd really like a suggestion on which to take further so I can set goals and stop spending gil in random places.

Sorry if this was too long.

Vagary is not soloable even with trusts current content patch. Not the Mega Bosses anyways.

Delve i have not since tried, but Very well geared i managed to get to Tojil and that was pre this current patch (A month ago this was), and with Trusts. Trusts tank and healed themselves and i stood back and nuked. Got Tojil to 75% with lots of mistakes which cost me a lot of time. But a totally prepared GEO could solo easy now. Not tried Delve since this Patch.

Many of the High tier battlefields can be difficult. RUN could totally do them all on normal with trust support.

Skirmish, that depends on the Skirmish tbh. I've personally done a lot of Ra'kaznar skirm solo. But none of the Alluvions have i attempted solo since they came out. I've not gone back to them since they came out. So i have no idea.

Edit: Totally read what Jeanpaul said regarding trusts and the jobs themselves.
By Draylo 2015-09-17 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You can enter Delve solo?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-17 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

3 person
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-17 17:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
You can enter Delve solo?
But you can just get 3 people and the other 2 warp if you want to solo
By nanohamaho 2015-09-17 17:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate the answers, looks like Run it is. Now to study that guide again..
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-17 18:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I hear ya, I generally toss out pearls to anyone who's just looking for nice people who aren't obsessed with items and stuff (especially returning players). My friend pointed out that the LS chat is like traveling back to 2005 sometimes.

I'm totally obsessed with gear (because I lot so low I never get any). Can I join? XD

All this said, I can sympathize with not wanting to go do things with random people. Even putting game issues such as skill, lot wars, and asshattery aside, you still have personal issues where it can be hard to interact with a total stranger.

I understand that because I am that way in real life, and sometimes still have a hard time asking to go do things with people I don't know well, because I think they will think I suck. Self-confidencee issues ahoy!

Now, I'm not saying that's your issue at all.

On topic, I know for a fact that NIN can do amazingly well as a solo job. You may want to reconsider the 100 JP needed for San, as annoying and shitty and grindy as it is. It really does help you do content that would be harder without it. Gearwise, reforged stuff will work if you can manage it. The random augments game is something I personally refuse to do, but if you have spare gil and some Taeon you can use that. Or be like me, take the first decent aug you get off farmed rocks, and call it a day.

It's theoretically possible to solo Yorcia skirmy v2, if you're willing to spend obsidian and can run fast enough. Malevolent aggro trust, though, so if you have them out you'll need to resummon when they get annihilated.

Good luck. :)
By nanohamaho 2015-09-18 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

quick one- What kind of accuracy do I need to aim for to kill some of these unity nm's? I tried Voso and while he couldn't kill me outright(like he did my melee trusts the first time with thunder..), I couldn't hit him for ***.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-18 03:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Voso is one evasive mother. You'd need about 1200-1300 accuracy to hit it decently.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 03:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured this didn't deserve it's own thread so I'd ask here.

Haven't been able to convince people to come out to Bismarck for sealord skins, so I'm going at it solo in order to stockpile for crafting. As BLU/NIN I have a decent time with proccing, but it's often out of my reach. Any suggestions on good trusts for proccing?
By Draylo 2015-09-18 03:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new ROV KI you can fume it every 10s and just hit any proc you get + blitz it during that. I know Robel-Akbel does aja spells to magic burst and the Flameserpent general does Firaga.
By nanohamaho 2015-09-18 04:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Voso is one evasive mother. You'd need about 1200-1300 accuracy to hit it decently.

holy....I'm not even sure where to begin on that. Well uh..time to figure this out.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 04:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I just wanted to hurry the kills along. If Sylph didn't have such a low population I'd just put together shout groups and not worry about it, but you're lucky to find people these days.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-18 06:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic but back to the High-tier battlefields Sehachan and Jeanpaul were talking about.
Been doing Promathia for the last 2 days on Normal with 3 people. (THF BLU GEO). Seen pretty much all the drops the BCNM has to offer apart from the body at this point. Saying "Normal mode makes drops less likely", is more like, Normal mode virtually requires you to just spam it more. It isn't hard just troublesome to spam, but if your doing the game mostly solo at this point then an opportunity is a-foot for you to get High-tier battlefields done through sheer spam.

Nothing is impossible to get from the battlefields on Normal. It just lowers drop-rates.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-18 09:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I had meant that VE and E had abysmal drop rates, to the point where you would only want to do them as fun or practice or for Rems/materials. Normal is about 50%ish chance of gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 392 393 394 ... 861 862 863