Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 353 354 355 ... 861 862 863
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2015-02-15 21:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
can someone explain to me how to read the chat log time stamp?
Should go by your consoles/PC system time.
EX: 00:23 is just 12:23 AM
EX2:13:54 is just 1:54 PM
By anik 2015-02-15 23:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

is it possible to roll a 0?
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-02-16 00:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
is it possible to roll a 0?

yes
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 01:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Any reason to use Sangoma Ring over Leviathan Ring +1 for MND enfeebles?

As far as I was told, +1 MND is the same as +1 Magic Accuracy (with potency included), so I was curious why someone would use Sangoma over Leviathan. I see some RDM sets doing this (using only one Leviathan Ring +1 and not two of them).

Doesn't that make Metamorph Ring better than Sangoma as well?

dMND is a little more complicated than 1=1. 1 MND could be anywhere from 0 Macc to 2 Macc depending on the target. But, MND also affects potency of many enfeebles. In general, Leviathan +1 is going to be better than Sangoma for MND spells, but Sangoma is free and obtainable, and can be used for both INT and MND enfeebles, so it gets the inventory/gil friendly vote.
By Crevox 2015-02-16 01:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
dMND is a little more complicated than 1=1. 1 MND could be anywhere from 0 Macc to 2 Macc depending on the target.

So that's going to vary based on how much mind you have? So if you have a lot more mind than the target, it isn't much macc?

How can we know how much mind the target has at all to know when or when not to use mind?
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2015-02-16 03:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

to 119 a RME do you need to have the lvl 99-2 version of it with the after glow effect?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-16 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Just the normal 99 can be upgraded to 119.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-16 03:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
to 119 a RME do you need to have the lvl 99-2 version of it with the after glow effect?

Take it to Oboro.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 11:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:
dMND is a little more complicated than 1=1. 1 MND could be anywhere from 0 Macc to 2 Macc depending on the target.

So that's going to vary based on how much mind you have? So if you have a lot more mind than the target, it isn't much macc?

How can we know how much mind the target has at all to know when or when not to use mind?

The reason it varies so much is because magic hit rate isn't linear. Below a certain dSTAT, hit rate from macc is halved, so you want to get above a certain threshold in order to get the most out of your stats.

Mob stats are generally estimated based on their level and job/family. In the case of RDM, Leviathan +1 should basically always be better than Sangoma for MND enfeebles from what I can tell. INT enfeebles like sleep/bind/break Sangoma is obviously better. I don't believe there are any INT enfeebles that have variable potency, at least none where you can get any quantifiable amount of potency, so all things being equal, favor Macc for them.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-16 11:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

But what if there was a ring the same as Leviathan's but for INT? Wouldn't that just be more magic accuracy than Sangoma? (Also, Blind has variable potency based on INT I believe)

I'm confused, haha. So is having too much MND bad (it stops giving macc) or it won't give macc (very little) until you reach a certain amount of MND based on the enemy's MND?

Right now, my SMN has 103+169 MND in enfeeble set... with my GEO maybe having a little bit more. My SMN's enfeeble magic skill is lower compared to my GEO (much lower obviously), but they use the same gear to enfeeble. Is MND more valuable on one or the other, or the same? Is that too much mind, or is more mind just better? Would a Leviathan Ring +1 be better than a Sangoma in all situations for a MND-based enfeeble, or better/worse on some mobs? Which mobs?

Right now my enfeeble set looks like this for MND, but I want to improve it:

ItemSet 333380

Augments:
Lehbrailg +2: INT+6, Mag. Acc.+22
Hagondes Hat: Mag. Acc.+24
I swap out Uk'uxkaj for Hagondes Sabots with Mag. Acc on resistant targets.

Are those rings bad choices? Worse than Sangoma? Leviathan Ring+1 is better, right?

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your help.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 11:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
But what if there was a ring the same as Leviathan's but for INT? Wouldn't that just be more magic accuracy than Sangoma? (Also, Blind has variable potency based on INT I believe)

That's why I said "no quantifiable effect", it's been tested, and blind pretty much never lifts your evasion off the floor on anything that matters.

Shiva +1 should be better than sangoma by 1 Macc some of the time and worse some of the time, the cost/reward ratio is pretty poor.

Quote:
Are those rings bad choices? Worse than Sangoma? Leviathan Ring+1 is better, right?

Leviathan +1 should beat either slot in most situations.

You should probably direct your question to the RDM forum if you want to get more granular than that.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-16 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Leviathan +1 should beat either slot in most situations.

You should probably direct your question to the RDM forum if you want to get more granular than that.

Alright, thank you.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-16 14:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Someone can link me that optimized route to get the ZNMs?

Thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-16 15:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Someone can link me that optimized route to get the ZNMs?

Thanks in advance.

For T1/T2 I prefer picking the same one and just spamming it cause I multibox, store copies of the trophy in mailbox to get around it being raretagged, then pull them from mailbox and convert them as you spam the next tier.

For T3 you could try to minimize travel but I never bothered except for one case, make sure you create pops for both Nuhn and Experimental Lamia before you do them.

The reason for this being you need 1 lamian fang key and Nuhn is on the way to the Experimental Lamia. You can't do them in reverse order due to a 1-way ledge dropoff.

If someone has more tips or other improvements i'm interested as well since I need alot of scorias myself and haven't bothered to improve my farming routes more.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-16 15:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

On Sylph, I've seen times where certain specific ZNMs are jacked up in price, like Chigre for 4k zeni (meaning somebody bought 30 of them). If this happens, rather than blowing an unreasonable amount of zeni on something you can skip, just buy pops for a cheaper dude and mail yourself the pop item. That said, a few ZNMs are in relatively close proximity to each other:

- For Tyger path, Lil' Apkallu and Velionis are relatively close to each other, and if doing multiple pops, it's not a bad idea to have someone who just popped Lil' Apkallu to head to Velionis right after while you wait on the ??? to respawn. If by chance you have to go back for more tier 1's, Zareehkl the Jubilant (least popular choice I've noticed) is around the corner from Velionis.
- Tinnin path doesn't really have any shortcuts, except perhaps that after doing Armed Gears (btw, Requiescat rips through them), casting Escape will put you very close to Dea.
- For Sarameya path, Brass Borer and Claret are practically next to each other (with a drop off to Claret). When doing tier 2, Anataboga will be on the way to Dextrose, and then Reacton. Make sure you have the KIs to open the gates in both Mount Zhayolm and Halvung. Tier 3, you can do Khromasoul Bhurborlor, then zone into any Halvung entrance and Escape; this'll put you to the Halvung entrance closest to Achamoth.
- Crossing paths, Ob and Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon are close by, with Armed Gears and Wulgaru being sorta close too. Gotoh Zha the Redolent is also near the Aydeewa Subterrane entrance for Nosferatu, so you can chocobo out to Gotoh Zha first.

I've been thinking of making a composite Aht Urhgan map just for easy ZNM travel, so I guess I'll do that next time I'm bored.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-16 16:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
On Sylph, I've seen times where certain specific ZNMs are jacked up in price, like Chigre for 4k zeni (meaning somebody bought 30 of them). If this happens, rather than blowing an unreasonable amount of zeni on something you can skip, just buy pops for a cheaper dude and mail yourself the pop item. That said, a few ZNMs are in relatively close proximity to each other:

- For Tyger path, Lil' Apkallu and Velionis are relatively close to each other, and if doing multiple pops, it's not a bad idea to have someone who just popped Lil' Apkallu to head to Velionis right after while you wait on the ??? to respawn. If by chance you have to go back for more tier 1's, Zareehkl the Jubilant (least popular choice I've noticed) is around the corner from Velionis.
- Tinnin path doesn't really have any shortcuts, except perhaps that after doing Armed Gears (btw, Requiescat rips through them), casting Escape will put you very close to Dea.
- For Sarameya path, Brass Borer and Claret are practically next to each other (with a drop off to Claret). When doing tier 2, Anataboga will be on the way to Dextrose, and then Reacton. Make sure you have the KIs to open the gates in both Mount Zhayolm and Halvung. Tier 3, you can do Khromasoul Bhurborlor, then zone into any Halvung entrance and Escape; this'll put you to the Halvung entrance closest to Achamoth.
- Crossing paths, Ob and Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon are close by, with Armed Gears and Wulgaru being sorta close too. Gotoh Zha the Redolent is also near the Aydeewa Subterrane entrance for Nosferatu, so you can chocobo out to Gotoh Zha first.

I've been thinking of making a composite Aht Urhgan map just for easy ZNM travel, so I guess I'll do that next time I'm bored.

I know someone did that already, i just dont know where to find that.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-16 16:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive found.

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/13/

Btw, wtf is this site?

Holy ***those jps takes this game to another lv...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 18:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
FFXI Config showing up blank. About to finish a re-install of POL. If this doesn't work is there another route I should take? The FFXI Config will pop up after I click on it but, it looks like someone erased the buttons and controls that used to be there >.>

Do you have 3d graphics enabled? Is it a VM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-16 21:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine needs to find a Chain Affinity SC for CDC, he just unlocked it and we can't find anything classified in BG.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2015-02-16 21:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC > Sinker Drill = Light
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 22:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
A friend of mine needs to find a Chain Affinity SC for CDC, he just unlocked it and we can't find anything classified in BG.

Sinker Drill, Amorphic Spikes, Bloodrake, and Benthic Typhoon all make Darkness.

Tourbillion makes light

There are others and chaining with both Realrazer and Savage blade have their places.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-16 23:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said: »

That's definitely dark.

Quote:
Sinker Drill, Amorphic Spikes, Bloodrake, and Benthic Typhoon all make Darkness.

Bloodrake doesn't SC with CDC unless you're doing double dark. Paralyzing Triad does work.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 23:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Siren.Inuyushi said: »

That's definitely dark.

Quote:

Bloodrake doesn't SC with CDC unless you're doing double dark.

Good to know, I've always had better uses of UL, it's listed on the wiki that way.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 06:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering, "element" mab +x means +x% in final output, and wikia says its similar to "element" macc +x, so isnt the toau elemental grips (from znm) the best macc grips in game?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-17 06:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I was wondering, "element" mab +x means +x% in final output, and wikia says its similar to "element" macc +x, so isnt the toau elemental grips (from znm) the best macc grips in game?
I really doubt it, but I also very much doubt it's been tested in any detail. MACC tests are hell.

But also consider, Even elemental staves didn't have MACC %+. They were just +x MACC.

Now, you could go with the thought that it's MACC Affinity, like Magian staves. But I think that's pretty damned unlikely. EDIT#2. It just occurred to me that I don't think Magian trials existed at ZNM release. That makes this increasingly unlikely. It's most likely just MACC+2 on matching element.

And above all, who the hell wants to carry 8 freaking grips. It's take some really solid evidence, and a really huge MACC value to get me to do that.

EDIT.
Now for my own question. I think there are a few more decent mage foods now. Like with MACC+ or MAB+. What are they, and what are the values like?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-17 06:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this one:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/6223/c-snow-cone

Acording to miang testing, mab+ 5, macc +16
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-17 07:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fairly decent.