Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 351 352 353 ... 861 862 863
By Pantafernando 2015-02-08 10:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

About unity accolades.

Its stupidly slow gain rate. At gain exp roe, i spend 1h30m exping in woh gates with cor rolls, neting up to 3k exp per kill (63 accolades for roe completed, and thats with double accolade campaign), still at best i got 20k unities accolade, even with gain exp, woh gates conflict and crystal.

So, i dont believe how that person manage to buy 2 stack of goblin key (15k accolades), even boting for a full month 24h a day.

Or there are some incredible roe quest im missing, or i just can say that person is duping...
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-08 10:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you referring to me lol?

EDIT: On second thought, let me not say that. All I'll say is that "you're doin' it wrong".
By Pantafernando 2015-02-08 11:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
All I'll say is that "you're doin' it wrong".

Im fully aware of that, but i also think i did my best.

So the point is: or youre doing fantastically right or terribly wrong.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-08 11:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to cap accolades during the double campaign 5~ times a day. But yeah, it requires quite a bit of mob killing... more than you should ever actually play.

Think about it, you got 20,000 in 90 minutes. That means you cap 50k every 4~ hours. You unload it and go back for another 4 hours. Rinse repeat. It's not about duping, at least again, if you're referring to my post from December in the gobbiebox thread, I don't dup them.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-08 23:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a viable Shiva D setup and basic strat without requiring 1h. I have done norm np and rocked a 4man D with the help of 4song mythic ghorn BRD and mythic PLD but would like to be able to spam within LS. GEO recommended? +Meva/-macc? Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-08 23:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We do it very simply with pld thf/run2x bard geo whm.

Geo does the 2 spells you asked, meva+ and macc-, carol II marches etc.

Easily done with any 3 DD really, so long as they aren't glass cannons. We do 20 avatars a week at least x_x;;

Sometimes it doesn't go easily >.>;; usually people being one-shot... cause... "reasons" aforementioned lol
By NeboJones 2015-02-09 00:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear SMN + BRD no-shell strategies are all the rage with the cool kids.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-09 00:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

NeboJones said: »
I hear SMN + BRD no-shell strategies are all the rage with the cool kids.

Works well for VD, for D it's iffy. It may or may not activate for certain players. We've had 1 person go down while everyone else is fine, likely due to more Meva or -MDT on gear.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2015-02-09 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo... I noticed that after I came back from my break all the augments I got from the 3 mini expansions were gone... I'm a little bit confused now because I know I had them augmented right after the fights. Is it something known?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-09 11:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said: »
Sooo... I noticed that after I came back from my break all the augments I got from the 3 mini expansions were gone... I'm a little bit confused now because I know I had them augmented right after the fights. Is it something known?
If you're playing on PC: When you highlight the item press the - button to display additional text(if there is an arrow in the corner of the item it means there is more text than could fit on the one box.)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-09 11:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance to solo Mistress of Ceremonies? Maybe on pup?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-09 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
About unity accolades.

Its stupidly slow gain rate. At gain exp roe, i spend 1h30m exping in woh gates with cor rolls, neting up to 3k exp per kill (63 accolades for roe completed, and thats with double accolade campaign), still at best i got 20k unities accolade, even with gain exp, woh gates conflict and crystal.

So, i dont believe how that person manage to buy 2 stack of goblin key (15k accolades), even boting for a full month 24h a day.

Or there are some incredible roe quest im missing, or i just can say that person is duping...
Perhaps the person in question is simply in a lower ranked unity?
There is a rather large accolade buff when you're in the lower unities.
So, for once, it's not necessarily cheating.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-09 12:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Pantafernando said: »
About unity accolades.

Perhaps the person in question is simply in a lower ranked unity?
There is a rather large accolade buff when you're in the lower unities.
So, for once, it's not necessarily cheating.

Yes, i was refering to that as im not familiar how those accolades are calculated but i do notice that sometimes i end with more accolade than i should.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-09 13:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Yes. Iirc you have to drop it, I don't think you have to flag something like AF resets... But you might.

I can confirm for the mini-expansion reward armors, all you have to do is drop them before you enter the final fight.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-10 13:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last stand, shattersoul, shoha, requiescat.

Requiescat and last stand are pretty nice to have 5/5 as they have niche situations ( best dmg ranged ws, bypass special defences).
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-10 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Apex arrow for non-yoichi Sam is definitely worth noting, but far from amazing. It has a few niche uses that make it worth at least one point for any serious Sam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-11 00:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know a good magical ws dmg calculator? Specifically for Aeolian edge.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-11 00:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

THF spreadsheet has Aeolian on it, can be added to PLD the same way.

I don't know why you would need it though. MAB all the things. If you cannot MAB int/dex. MDMG is garbage.

Int/Dex are both pretty bad for it, but still better than MDMG.

Or is the goal to get 500 exact (trial and error would still be better).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-11 01:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few comparisons that didn't seem instantly obvious to me. For example, ele belt VS MAB belt. Or the value of Gavialis helm on latent days. And going out and testing every gear variation is pretty annoying.

But anyway. After grabbing a fresh copy of the THF sheet... I don't see aoelian edge in here. Doesn't seem to have support for magical ws at all.

The blu sheet does support magic ws, but.. it's set up for sanguine blade. Sanguine works a bit differently from Aoelian. Sanguine doesn't have a dINT cap, and dINT is muliplied by 2, whereas AE's dINT is divided by 2.

So, modding the BLU sheet to add aoelian would end up yielding inaccurate dmg values, and make INT+ look a lot more potent than it is.

I could maybe mod the formulas in a BLU sheet to AE standards, but before going to the trouble, I thought I'd ask if there was a more ready made option floating around.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-11 01:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting, mine had Aeolean on it a few months ago, I even posted the screenshots from it being on there... Now it is indeed gone... awkward...

From what I can recall, roughly... 1 MAB is ~ 28 damage. 1 Dex or 1 Int do literally nothing. You need large amounts to make any sort of difference at all.

Elemental belt was inferior to 3~ MAB, Gavilis vs Chimera I'm pretty sure Chimera wins. 6 MAB is 150~ damage, vs .1 ftp

RNG sheet has Trueflight and Wildfire (I know this for certain), maybe try those ones. (they count Dagi though =/)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-11 01:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I tested chimera vs gavialis already, and even without latent, Chimera lost. only by single digit dmg, but still. So just the int/dex on gavialis is heavier than that 6 MAB(or is it affinity..?) Which I thought was weird as hell. But that's how it was.

Now, if I was capping dINT before head slot, then Chimera would probably win. But seeing as I tested on a lvl 100 mob, and I don't think I capped I probably never will.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-02-11 03:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Looking for a viable Shiva D setup and basic strat without requiring 1h. I have done norm np and rocked a 4man D with the help of 4song mythic ghorn BRD and mythic PLD but would like to be able to spam within LS. GEO recommended? +Meva/-macc? Thanks in advance.

We had an accident and Ramuh (D) aggored us before everyone was in. We beat it with PLD (Aegis/Burt) RNG WHM SCH in 17 mins.

Inspired by that we did...

Ramuh (D) PLD (119 Delve shield) WHM SCH GEO. Took a bit longer at 25 mins but still won.

There should be many ways to beat (D) Avatars. You could just throw a BRD and GEO with -EVA and 3 Aegis PLD on it to melee it dead while afk.
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2015-02-11 05:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that was it :)

And I already have another question...

Which gear should a 99 RDM wear these days? As I rather play casual, should be decent to get.

Thanks in Advance :)
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-11 06:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said: »
Thanks, that was it :)

And I already have another question...

Which gear should a 99 RDM wear these days? As I rather play casual, should be decent to get.

Thanks in Advance :)
The RDM guide on these forums is a good start, you'll definitely want sets for enfeebling geared for accuracy and then sets geared for potency where you'd sacrifice magic accuracy for mnd or int depending on the spell.

Definitely capping out precast should be aimed for since RDM natively already has 30% fastcast so it's pretty easy to achieve.

Full Empyrean +2 for increasing duration of enhancing magic cast on others.

I would also add a stun set is sort of optional but will give you another role to fill.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-11 07:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Full Empyrean +2 for increasing duration of enhancing magic cast on others.
Not full empy+2. RF1+1 hands (and even the 109) wind up giving a longer duration than 5/5 empy+2.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-11 07:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I came back today where would I start to get some gear upgrades? Last I played was during the Abyssea era. Talking White Mage and possibly Dragoon/Warrior.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-11 07:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
If I came back today where would I start to get some gear upgrades? Last I played was during the Abyssea era. Talking White Mage and possibly Dragoon/Warrior.
WHM really hasn't changed much. Things are just different looking, but the actual gearing is basically the same.
Which if you're WHM was golden back then, you probably won't need much to make it golden now.
If you have a PLD friend, team up and shout for 4 DDs for the SKCNMs so you can get pages and mats to 109 relevant AF pieces.
After than it's HQMNMs for 119 AF stuff.
I'd also recommend leveling GEO, since it's stupidly easy to gear for and is in high demand like WHM, and will give you variability if a group doesn't need another WHM.

WHM will probably what you get to do most of the time... Since unless you have a 99 Ryunohige... DRG and WAR don't see much demand/play. (Though DRG is in a MUCH better place than WAR is.)

Unlock various empy WS... Join a Delve group... Um... That pretty much is it without specifics.
First Page 2 3 ... 351 352 353 ... 861 862 863