Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 304 305 306 ... 860 861 862
 Shiva.Shrade
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Shrade774
By Shiva.Shrade 2014-08-12 13:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a MNK with maochinoli and sparks Espial gear, and I've found a group that's ok with me farming plasm and getting KIs with them so I can eventually get better gear. I've finally got enough plasm to get qaaxo harness, but I also have the KI to get Tinhaspa, just not the plasm yet.

Question: Which to get first? The harness I can get now is useful on other jobs I have, but... dat weapon.

Thanks!
By Pantafernando 2014-08-12 13:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Get tinhaspa so you can join more delve pugs that goes for boss, so, neting more plasm for qaaxo.
Also, qaaxo isnt that huge boost over others alternatives (in old delve) like thaumas, manibozho, otronif or artifact body. But tinhaspa is clearly superior to mao h2h.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-12 13:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.. if you have ZERO chance of killing tojil to obtain oatixur (because it sounds like you will be using unaugmented tinhaspa) then I would wait for those.

Whatever body you're wearing now, changing it to qaaxo is not a very big increase... unless you're like tping in tantra, going from 115 to 119 on your weapon is though.

But it really depends, I assume you WANT to do bigger, better things than farm plasm (as in actually kill bosses) get the tinhaspa.
[+]
 Shiva.Shrade
user: Shrade774
By Shiva.Shrade 2014-08-12 14:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Get tinhaspa so you can join more delve pugs that goes for boss, so, neting more plasm for qaaxo.
Also, qaaxo isnt that huge boost over others alternatives (in old delve) like thaumas, manibozho, otronif or artifact body. But tinhaspa is clearly superior to mao h2h.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Well.. if you have ZERO chance of killing tojil to obtain oatixur (because it sounds like you will be using unaugmented tinhaspa) then I would wait for those.

Whatever body you're wearing now, changing it to qaaxo is not a very big increase... unless you're like tping in tantra, going from 115 to 119 on your weapon is though.

But it really depends, I assume you WANT to do bigger, better things than farm plasm (as in actually kill bosses) get the tinhaspa.

Thank you, I was thinking it was better to wait, just wanted some more input. And yes, definitely tired of running around in Espial and not getting anything done. LOL
By Mitruya 2014-08-12 14:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is SoA mission 3-6-3 "Stonewalled" soloable with Trusts?
Is there a preferred job and Trust combination?
Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-12 14:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitruya said: »
Is SoA mission 3-6-3 "Stonewalled" soloable with Trusts?
Is there a preferred job and Trust combination?
Thanks.

I did it solo, mnk though, all you have to do is kill a single marolith, so if you're decently enough geared DD with a whm trust, yes.
By Mitruya 2014-08-12 14:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet. I was just concerned about being ganged up on by the gargoyles.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-12 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't even aggro, the marolith is like 50 yalms in front of them and they meander around behind it, moving forward, or something like that.

You have ample time to just wreck the marolith with 2hour before they even know the fight started.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-12 18:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

tinhaspa is ok for pup, i see 0 reason to use it if your mnk.

WKR is great tinhaspa cant hit as often as WKR can with Haste II up and Occ attk Aug WKR so far is hands on winner

unless you want to do slower yet slightly higher dmg

as for mnk tho idk cant tell ya.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-12 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
tinhaspa is ok for pup, i see 0 reason to use it if your mnk.

WKR is great tinhaspa cant hit as often as WKR can with Haste II up and Occ attk Aug WKR so far is hands on winner

unless you want to do slower yet slightly higher dmg

as for mnk tho idk cant tell ya.
Fodder content(pretty much anything not delve/mission battlefields)
WKR h2h are great. Anything above that tinhaspa is going to win because of the extra skill (acc, att and dmg) they bring. This applies to both pup and mnk even before airlixers being thrown in.

If you can survive without the extra acc without sacrificing too many gear slots to get it elsewhere, great do it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-13 06:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any augments can allow Ohrmazd to beat Oatixur? In any situation?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-13 14:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the augments I've seen posted, nothing makes any of the new weapons better than previous options, with 2 exceptions, the bow/gun.

Simply because you can be cor/dnc and melee your tp and shoot your ws's with the highest base damage gun. Same but slightly less true for ranger and the bow.

These delays all put said weapons maybe 5% dps behind with full on insanobuffs, and it gets further behind the less buffs you have than other 119s I can't think of any augment that would make up for that. Maybe the katana, since ninja has so much dual wield?

Well, discounting obviously anything you get specifically for Pet: stat as the delay is irrelevant.

Don't quote me as law, here's what I got, I used tojil with all the bells and whistles.

750.525 Ohrmazd
783.513 Oatixur
817.657 Sphari
822.294 Tinhaspa B

To Bring Ohrmazd up to Oatixur: any one of these (kinda high..)
Base DMG+13
Delay -20%
8% DA
7% Crit rate
10% crit damage
20% WSD
(Tp bonus section does not work...)

*Rough estimate at best, someone smarter than me will have a chart, and graph etc, to show it definitively <3
By Mitruya 2014-08-13 15:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't even aggro, the marolith is like 50 yalms in front of them and they meander around behind it, moving forward, or something like that.

You have ample time to just wreck the marolith with 2hour before they even know the fight started.

Sorry I'm back again about "Stonewalled."
I failed as DRG/SAM using Exenmille, Mihli, and Lekho (yeah dunno why I chose Lekho...).
The marolith kept doing a TP move which silenced everybody and kept them from healing me. Two gargoyles snuck up very quickly and started beating on me too and I just couldn't kill it before dying.
Is it possible to pull the marolith away from the gargoyles? If I turn the mob away from the Trusts, will they avoid silence? And how do I get the KI to enter again?
Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-13 15:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitruya said: »

Sorry I'm back again about "Stonewalled."
I failed as DRG/SAM using Exenmille, Mihli, and Lekho (yeah dunno why I chose Lekho...).
The marolith kept doing a TP move which silenced everybody and kept them from healing me. Two gargoyles snuck up very quickly and started beating on me too and I just couldn't kill it before dying.
Is it possible to pull the marolith away from the gargoyles? If I turn the mob away from the Trusts, will they avoid silence? And how do I get the KI to enter again?
Thanks!

Orogenic Storm - Delivers an area attack that inflicts Silence, Slow, Blindness, and Evasion Down.
Facing it away from the mages... I don't know the size of the AOE (but always a good idea..........)
DRG is not the best zerg type job... Would've taken Ulmia/joachim and 2 whms, DD trusts are ***. The only "whm" trust I can think of smart enough to not be in AOE range is cherukiki, she stands back instead of meleeing.

As for refighting... If you fail to kill the Primogenial Marolith you will need to Return to F-11 in Kamihr Drifts and click on the Crawling Cave to receive another KeyItemAureate ball of fur
By Mitruya 2014-08-13 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay. I need to get Ulmia then, maybe Cherukiki? I have Kupipi and Mihli as WHM trusts so far.
Um, I don't really have a good zerg job ... didn't think PUP or BLU would fare much better. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-13 15:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is pretty amazing for ***like this, they've got that full arsenal of useful spells (STUN!) (sleepga for the gargs if they aggro) Easy skillchain potential. If your blu is (good) and you have the proper spells, that's your best bet.

Probably pull it off pup w/ whm automation, as long as you deploy it @ 15~ (again dependent upon skill/gear)
By Mitruya 2014-08-13 15:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. I'm a little rusty on BLU and don't have the high tier weapons. (wasn't sure if sleep worked but good to know) Will try on PUP next. Thanks for the tips! I'll get there eventually.
By Artemicion 2014-08-13 20:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's just me, but after this update my Macro button in the main menu does absolutely nothing now. No menus, no pop-ups, nothing. Anyone else having this issue?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-13 20:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Not sure if it's just me, but after this update my Macro button in the main menu does absolutely nothing now. No menus, no pop-ups, nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

You mean the (-) button does nothing? Are you sure you didn't end up on a different keyboard layout or some reason? I've had it do that after an update here and there, had to go back in and change it back to compact.
By Artemicion 2014-08-13 20:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Artemicion said: »

You mean the (-) button does nothing? Are you sure you didn't end up on a different keyboard layout or some reason? I've had it do that after an update here and there, had to go back in and change it back to compact.

Edit: Rephrasing

My main menu button with the minus key works fine. Every menu button in the main menu works fine except macro. For some reason it does absolutely nothing now. No pop-ups, no menu, nothing.
By Artemicion 2014-08-13 21:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out it's a modded file from XI View. Not sure which specific file is messing it up, but doing a POL file check with vanilla files restored my menu. Now to figure out which dat in particular is messing it up..

Better yet, have they updated FFXI View?

Found it!
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-08-13 21:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone :3/

I'm thinking of playing FF11 again in December or January after 4 years or so.....(I got super bored with FF14, when I never did for FF11 in the 5 years that I played it :'< )

Which windower is used now? Starting from lvl 1...is possible to duo or trio to lvl99? (I don't want abyssea lvling style especially that one of my FF14 friend is curious about FF11...so planning on taking the slow and steady style)

Thanks for any respond of about the currently FF11. <3
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-13 21:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Titox said: »

I'm thinking of playing FF11 again in December or January after 4 years or so.....(I got super bored with FF14, when I never did for FF11 in the 5 years that I played it :'< )

Which windower is used now? Starting from lvl 1...is possible to duo or trio to lvl99? (I don't want abyssea lvling style especially that one of my FF14 friend is curious about FF11...so planning on taking the slow and steady style)

Welcome back :)), Windower 4 is the best one. It is most certainly possible to trio to 99, you also get NPC's to help you lvl with various jobs like BRD and WHM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-08-13 21:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Ragnarok.Titox said: »

Welcome back :)), Windower 4 is the best one. It is most certainly possible to trio to 99, you also get NPC's to help you lvl with various jobs like BRD and WHM.
Ok, Thank you Draylo! I gonna start playing but on my mule rather than this character especially that I deleted all my windowers notepad macros lol

NPC quest was lvl30 or higher? is been forever since I did!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-08-13 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Trusts are like npcs only better because:
-don't lower your exp
-are 100x stronger
-are almost identical to players you can resummons when they run out of mp etc
-can have 3 of them at a time
-all have jobs and subjobs just like us. For example you call a brd/whm trust and he'll cure III you or poisona you the second you get poisoned while keeping haste song/acc song on you and enfeebling your target etc
-Are based on your current lvl, so you don't have to lvl them up

you have to be lvl 5+ to start signing up with trusts

Ohh! That's very nice to know!! Thank you so much about that! I miss the open world of FF11 & adventure/challenge XD
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-13 22:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Adventuring Fellows don't lower exp anymore.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-08-14 01:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For a new player.....has the first month still free? or they change it?
By gdiShun 2014-08-14 02:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy the game new, should still get the first month free that I'm aware of.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-14 04:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why the command /item "Soultrapper" <t> (or the 2000 version) doesn't do anything anymore?

No error, selecting it manually from my inventory works just fine. The line just doesn't do anything at all anymore, via direct game input, macro, or windower script :/
Edit just to add using any other item via input/macro like that works just fine.
First Page 2 3 ... 304 305 306 ... 860 861 862