Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 287 288 289 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-29 14:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

it's on the link he posted

cooking
Water Crystal
Tarutaru Rice
Millioncorn
Pine Nuts
Lucerewe Meat

synergy
Tarutaru Rice
Millioncorn
Pine Nuts
Lucerewe Meat
By Gravionblack 2014-06-29 14:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravionblack said: »
Odin.Phunkism said: »
Gravionblack said: »
Anyone know the recipe for making "Jug Of Tantalizing Broth"?

That would be the HQ of Fizzy Broth
This i know lol, but you know the recipe?
Thanks i didnt know i had to HQ the jugs /sigh
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-29 15:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You knew it was an HQ but didn't know you had to HQ... huh lol?

I guess that means you though it was an HQ version, with a different recipe. Ok, I could see that error.
By Gravionblack 2014-06-29 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
You knew it was an HQ but didn't know you had to HQ... huh lol?

I guess that means you though it was an HQ version, with a different recipe. Ok, I could see that error.
Yep that would be what i thought, but i guess ill do mine through synergy
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-29 21:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if it is possible to dual box outer rak skirmish with trusts?

I am afraid of the encumbrance mobs. Thanks for your thoughts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-29 21:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »

Yes, mnk + sch worked fine + sakura, trusts die in like 2 hits from bosses...

And I just use the sch to heal, if you actually use sch the right way, very easy. Matter of fact, sch can probably solo runs.

Most important thing is knowing the map, only 1 mob really encumbers, Ironclad, don't magic him, and skip the Yztarg. Dullhan/Cricket worth skipping to tbh. Cerb Naraka IC Yucex and nq's will get the clears.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2014-06-30 00:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis white proc: Does it replace red when it happens or is it seperate after red?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-30 00:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »
Dynamis white proc: Does it replace red when it happens or is it seperate after red?
Replaces red.
By Davorin 2014-06-30 00:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Recaldy said: »

White happens instead of red/yellow/blue. Can only stagger a mob once.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2014-06-30 00:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys.

*crosses fingers for 2 hours*
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-30 06:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And I just use the sch to heal, if you actually use sch the right way, very easy. Matter of fact, sch can probably solo runs.

Most important thing is knowing the map, only 1 mob encumbers, Ironclad, don't magic him, and skip the Yztarg. Dullhan/Cricket worth skipping to tbh. Cerb Naraka IC Yucex and nq's will get the clears.
Interesting, thanks. What are the rock things? The ones that start out like a pile of rocks and them become a mob (from meebles). I should avoid those, correct?

I have sch, but my dual box is basically support only. So, I was thinking blu (me) brd (d-box) Cheruki + Sakura.

Or if sch can solo I can go sch and just have my dbox for three ballads and an off heal.

Which would you recommend? Thanks so much.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-30 07:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Most important thing is knowing the map, only 1 mob encumbers, Ironclad, don't magic him, and skip the Yztarg. Dullhan/Cricket worth skipping to tbh. Cerb Naraka IC Yucex and nq's will get the clears.
Interesting, thanks. What are the rock things? The ones that start out like a pile of rocks and them become a mob (from meebles). I should avoid those, correct?

I have sch, but my dual box is basically support only. So, I was thinking blu (me) brd (d-box) Cheruki + Sakura.

Or if sch can solo I can go sch and just have my dbox for three ballads and an off heal.

Which would you recommend? Thanks so much.

No mob inflict encumberance if you avoid the "trigger", so this makes fights trivial after some practice.

The rocks are a marolith, a fairly annoying nm with low reward, normally i skip this one. He doesnt show in widescan, sometimes i end aggroing him when i walk with map up to check the others nms. In case you end needing to fight, the secret is to not to ws if marolith doesnt ws also. If you ws outside his tp move interval, he will use tectonic ***and encumberance. Normally its easy to even avoid tectonic by running away, as this move is pretty slow, but its risky as he likes to cast bind or gravity.

About soloing with trust or dboxing, i believe it depend on trust ia to not to trigger encumberance moves. About a sch soloing, i dont know how good is your sch, but i personally dont like. Only umbril and acruex takes extra damage from magic. For nms, i believe just the acuex nm should take extra dmg from magic also.

But if you insist in dboxing, i believe a combo brd+sam with tsuru and that can skillchain with himself with just marches and haste should have enough dmg imput to clear the zone safely for primary, maybe even secondary. If i would say a functional 2 man, it would be sam brd, and trust for healing and any other buff you can have.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-06-30 07:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/SCH solo work fine too.

Naraka and armor man can be gravity + nuket to death.

Avoid orthus/iron giant and monkey.
You can try to kill rock face (sorry for name, really) but will take time.

Umbril or other add are easy to kill too.

GL and have fun
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-30 07:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Valli, Pantafernando, and Psylo. This is some good info. I didn't know the NMs had triggers! There isn't a lot of info on BG about rak skirmish and I never did skirmish much since I was taking a break when everyone was getting hagondes and such.

Any more info on these triggers would be helpful, but otherwise I think I will be giving this a go later today. Thanks again.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-30 07:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I like the idea of sam and brd. My sam is good and I think it would be fun to give that a try.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-30 08:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Valli, Pantafernando, and Psylo. This is some good info. I didn't know the NMs had triggers! There isn't a lot of info on BG about rak skirmish and I never did skirmish much since I was taking a break when everyone was getting hagondes and such.

Any more info on these triggers would be helpful, but otherwise I think I will be giving this a go later today. Thanks again.

Raka is all about choosing the right nms and camping them. You just need 2 good ones to complete the secondary.

By right nms, i mean good effort/reward ratio. Dont fight troublesome nms, or cheap nms. Here is a link, that is a total must for anyone trying raka. All maps separated for torso tier, and in the right corner, the amount of frags given per nm kill:

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/アドゥリン/ラ・カザナル宮外郭-スカーム-の地図

I will say about torso 4 because thats the one i normally do. For that, i just walk with mazurka/bolster to check what nms is in what zone, but i always tend to camp in the umbril camps, because for a torso 4 there are 6 grouped, so its 6 frags while waiting nms respawn, and thats a good advice, camping near good fodders, so you can mantain a good frag rate. From that camp, i go to neighboor zones to kill the nms i think its good one, and back to kill umbrils, and repeat.

For nms (mind you all die too fast with my setup (mnkx3 brd cor whm) so i cannot say i figured all triggers, so i dont know completely how they will behave in a long fight):

- naraka: people say you need to pull him with dia, and keep dia after some of his stances move to avoid encumberance. But hes the weakest nm in zone for mnks, but also the reward is the lowest, so skip him if you can. Even killing fodders should be as good as spending your time killing this one.

- orthrus: even weaker than naraka, hes somehow evasive, use some acc buff (my mnks full time acc gear in this so i dont have too much issue). 2 rounds of ws with skillchain light and hes on floor. Not the best, but acceptable to kill. People say to avoid fire dmg so be it.

- marolith: just ws when he also uses tp move to prevent encumberance. Annoying due to debuffs and to time ws. As he takes a considerable amount of time higher than previous 2, i skip this one too.

- iztarg: can uses beastruction if you let him with aura up for too long. The aura is easily noticable, its some rocks floating around him. Need to ws in his *** to remove aura, so requires at least 2 players to do this job. If using 2 similar dds, ask for one to hold ws for aura, to avoid ape to turn too often. Often in a zerg situation none can control hate, and you can end wsing at that exact moment he turns to you. Not bad, but not good either.

- duhallan: high defense, high block rate, long fight. Normally need to split dds so the one behind iron dude can do normal damage. Its said that stunning his tp move is the way to go, but i dont bother with this one and move on.

- ironclad: its my favorite. Great reward for a normal fight. He trigger encumberance with any magic dmg, so avoid dia, nukes and skillchains. His moves arent that dmging, only thing bad of him is his turbune cyclone that dispel all buffs, but even without buffs, spamming shijin dont takes too long to end. I always search for this one.

- acuex: his pdt, i engage with formless strike and always skillchain when i can. I dont know if this is a trigger, but i noticed he has enaspir in his melees, so i often see my dds losing mp. After dds ran out mp, he start spamming aoes tp koves with several debuffs. Its a cure fight at this point. Good reward, i like this one too, but limited to formless strike.

- chapuli: similar to delve chapuli, very high evasion. I always use madrigal, hunters roll and acc gear. Just ws when he casts. If you ws in any other moment, even when he also uses tp move will spike his evasion even further. Takes a bit of time due to spells are less often but very good reward, so worth.

- behemoth: pretty dmging, amnesic horn deal high dmg, cast amnesia and very high knockback, so whm must have good position, to avoid the dd to ran out of the range. Normally i fight back to wall. Hes nasically a fire nm, use barfira. As the fight takes longer, he will use ecliptic meteor, that will deal a severe dmg in everyone. Wont wipe, but everyone will get orange hp. Normally you want to finish before he uses meteor.

Last nm i never fought, as hes exclusive to torso 5, and thats too expensive for me to care.

Also, use fenestral boons wisely. I always use first buff for attack bonus (extra 50 attacks), and grab some extra frags, that will speed up a lot the run.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-06-30 08:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

About trigger

* monkey, need to Ws on his back when he get his aura, so hard to do whith only one DD, the trigg break his aura, so he can't use his damn TP who put everyone in range @ 1hp, naked (run away !!!)

* Iron giant => no magic at all on him, this way he wouldn't use his damn tp move

* Orthus => easy, no idea on trig (easy with DD, resist magic so can't solo @ mage)

* Armor man => no idea on trig, huge block rate, so focus his back, and magic is very effective on him

* Rock face => try to TP when he TP, but one thing, when he fall down, RUN AWAY (if you are bind, GL), magic damage fine (wind inside)

* Naraka, easy one, magic fine on him too

* Acuvex, maigc wrok fine too, but i don't remember what the strat on him

* Chapuli (hight tier) : just TP/Magic when he cast like delve one.

* fly : i just meet this one once in a 5/5/5, he is a ***, kaustra etc etc, very very nasty.

Sorry my memory is bad today

[EDIT] bah, better post, faster, bang !
By Pantafernando 2014-06-30 08:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I like the idea of sam and brd. My sam is good and I think it would be fun to give that a try.

Recently i joined sam bandwagon, and i can say its pretty amazing. My sam is so so walmart, tsuru and stacking stp in every piece because i dont know yet how much stp i need for my 4 hits, and still i noticed feasible all those time people have been saying in delve 20-30 mins, as i always have been done 40-45 mins. After adding my sam with a mnk, time was never an issue again.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2014-06-30 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow guys, thanks so much. I will definitely be giving it a shot.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-06-30 13:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The key with the butterfly is formless strikes (or nukes if you have nuker). He dies fast. At some point he just goes immune to physical. Can shoulder tackle the nasty spells.

For acuex NM you can set up a shoulder tackle rotation. Two mnks can completely lock him down if they have capped magic haste. Much less annoying than having to eat all his AoE moves. Not like ws do much dmg anyways (SC would, but pickups can't seem to do SCs).
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-30 16:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't there a rare/ex version of Herald's Gaiters?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-30 16:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Matteh said: »

I actually went to look this up for you and found this....
http://ffxidb.com/items/15322

Apparently since the invention of Guildwork plug-in no one has ever killed Tiamat.

According to ffxidb tiamat does not exist lol, clearly this is not the case, but there must be some error with it.

(I don't think there is a R/E version, but I went to look to be sure).

((also worth noting, apparently Jormungand does not exist either, according to FFXIDB.))
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-06-30 16:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Matteh said: »

there's a cheaper version with less jobs on them.

hermes sandals I think. not ra/ex though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-30 16:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mob falling to the ground generates a different packet from mob being defeated. The plugin will not record those. Off the top of my head, that includes wyrms and paramount naraka, though i'm sure there are plenty more.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-06-30 16:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rare/Ex feet with some of the jobs on Gaiters would be Iaso Boots, however Im not sure if its these you were after.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-30 16:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Mob falling to the ground generates a different packet from mob being defeated. The plugin will not record those. Off the top of my head, that includes wyrms and paramount naraka, though i'm sure there are plenty more.

While it's been probably 8 years since I fought a wyrm, I don't recall the death message, so I assume you're correct.

(Ouryu is not listed either). Fun fact learned today.

!! Logic error found, Cuelebre is listed, he's a Wyrm, that flies... and is an Ouryu clone. Odd, that Cuelebre gets the "was defeated" message, while jorm/tia don't.
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-30 17:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
hermes sandals
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Iaso Boots

Thanks guies. Iaso Boots closest one. Better for WHM use, looks like im stuck for Herald's Gaitersfor SMN =/ coulda sworn there was a rare/ex version tho from a BCNM or something but thanks for all the help ^^
By Pantafernando 2014-06-30 17:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So no love for blm ; ;
Aparently those iaso are way easier to obtain than herald.
Ive been using desert boots when i cleave as a blm, but i miss the phalanx i gave up to use /sch. And in the end, its not that huge boost anyway.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-30 19:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

I need to farm some adl pops, but it has being a pain farming the bijous. I know the phs from bst and smn nms, but wikia/bg lacks info about the others ones.

So, can someone share what others phs are easy to identify to farm the bijou faster?

Thanks in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 287 288 289 ... 860 861 862