Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By minikomby 2014-06-22 15:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys anyone know what is minimun on acc needed for tenzen fight on Difficult?
w/o rolls and songs
and with roll and songs
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2014-06-22 19:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from frenzy sallet and berserker's torque, are there any other pieces one could use to lose hp? (I am wondering if it would be viable for the healing daily objective.)
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-06-22 19:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
Aside from frenzy sallet and berserker's torque, are there any other pieces one could use to lose hp? (I am wondering if it would be viable for the healing daily objective.)

The fastest cure cheats I've found were to pair up with someone in Abyssea, get Cruror HP buffs, then cancel the HP buff. Their HP will drop, usually by half, and the buff icon returns immediately--so you can heal them up and cancel it again. Really a bad scam of a method, but it works. :p

The other method I've found for doing it solo is to get on a mage job, pull out Trust NPCs in Kamhir, and stand around those ice stones that inflict Frost. After not very long the NPCs will drop into yellow, and you can heal them up (maybe after removing your own paralysis.)

Oddly enough, the daily ROE quests for healing can be done on Trust party members, but the buffing one only works on players. So no real cheats on that other one, but to get another person to buff up repeatedly.
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-06-22 19:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »

The fastest cure cheats I've found were to pair up with someone in Abyssea, get Cruror HP buffs, then cancel the HP buff. Their HP will drop, usually by half, and the buff icon returns immediately--so you can heal them up and cancel it again. Really a bad scam of a method, but it works. :p

The other method I've found for doing it solo is to get on a mage job, pull out Trust NPCs in Kamhir, and stand around those ice stones that inflict Frost. After not very long the NPCs will drop into yellow, and you can heal them up (maybe after removing your own paralysis.)

Oddly enough, the daily ROE quests for healing can be done on Trust party members, but the buffing one only works on players. So no real cheats on that other one, but to get another person to buff up repeatedly.

If you're doing it inside abyssea you can always equip the "Atma of the Winged Gloom" which gives you slip damage(-30hp/tick). May be slower but can be done without continually canceling the buff. It also stops at 25% health so you can never accidentally kill yourself with it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-22 20:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
what is the Cure Cap. I can't seem to get my Cure 4 on Sch above high 1000s, while having on weather/twilight cape, chatoyant staff, and 50% cure potency.
Are you using korin obi?

Yes

Post deleted by User.
By Shazu 2014-06-23 01:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see the Abyssea Altepa cavernous maw at S. Gustaberg J-10. Is my game glitching out or do I need to do something for it to appear?

I can see people going into it (they disappear in front of the spot where it should be)

EDIT: I rebooted the game and it's fine now. I don't know if this is a common problem.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-06-23 01:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither relic is impressive really.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-06-23 01:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »
Neither relic is impressive really.
Even at ilvl?
Minos has more DPS than Bravura and costs about 3 million. Amano is okay, so if I had to choose between the two I'd pick Amano.

Both weapons would be far down my list of relics to choose, though.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-23 06:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the Cloud Evoker ENMs easy duos for a DD + Healer (considering MNK + SCH with 1 hours)? Didn't do much of those back at 75 cap.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-23 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Got an Adventuring Fellow question:

Do they still get exp from a monster if I get none? Wondering this because mine is only LV65 and I figure I could go to a lower level place then SoA areas to like cleave level her.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-06-23 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Any of the Cloud Evoker ENMs easy duos for a DD + Healer (considering MNK + SCH with 1 hours)? Didn't do much of those back at 75 cap.
sheep in antlion's clothing was soloable on mnk at 75, use apradar to see where the real one is before you pop it

my experience with them is mostly mage, but maybe worth noting you could always get a byakko's axe or suzy scythe, aug it with lv90ish damage, and have something far better than any real 75 weapon had
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-23 12:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Got an Adventuring Fellow question:

Do they still get exp from a monster if I get none? Wondering this because mine is only LV65 and I figure I could go to a lower level place then SoA areas to like cleave level her.

They do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2014-06-23 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good cure set up for rdm look like these days? This is what I came up with but I'm not sure if I missed something....

ItemSet 273388
By Sidiov 2014-06-23 18:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

does gear that increase double atk damage work for OAT weapons?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-23 18:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No. In fact, if I recall correctly, it hurts it. If Double Attack from gear or traits procs, then the OA-X on the weapon cannot proc, so it can lower your overall DPS.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2014-06-23 19:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »
does gear that increase double atk damage work for OAT weapons?

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
No. In fact, if I recall correctly, it hurts it. If Double Attack from gear or traits procs, then the OA-X on the weapon cannot proc, so it can lower your overall DPS.

Believe he ment damage increase like the Kamihr Drifts WKR legs, not things like brutal earring.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-06-23 19:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
i need to know the trick that gos with not getting terrored or doomed when you find pil and the other kat in PW anyone know.wiki was of no help and i cant see bg being any help ether.
still need help with this.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-23 19:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, my bad, was reading on my phone and missed that.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-23 19:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to know the trick that gos with not getting terrored or doomed when you find pil and the other kat in PW anyone know.wiki was of no help and i cant see bg being any help ether.
still need help with this.
Terror Screen and/or Doom Screen

Granted at the start of battle if you possess the Dusky Periapt of Prudence and Vivid Periapt of Prudence, respectively.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2014-06-24 00:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Got another random rdm question: Has any testing been done on the JSE sword's phalanx effect in regards to accession? And still need someone to look over the healing set I posted above.

Edit: Can you tell I'm excited for July? ;p
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-06-24 14:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to make the game lighter? Having a very hard time seeing in dark areas. Tunnels, ifrits cauldron, areas like that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-24 14:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Get an afterglow weapon!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-06-24 14:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the negoroshiki gun the best thing to buy and npc with sparks? My friend says you can get 18k each in norg for them.
First Page 2 3 ... 282 283 284 ... 860 861 862