Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 271 272 273 ... 860 861 862

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-05-14 16:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Blazer said: »
Pantafernando said: »
1. Yes, swap for dmgs just add small margins, but there are still functional swaps (cure to idle, tp to pdt to acc, precast/preshot to shoot, etc);

2. A lot. But you can get good gear faster than ever before in FFXI life. Even the top gear can be achieved in very short time provide you have the right jobs (suport in general like whm, brd) and good connections (people who will let you join to leech wins, common drops etc.);

3. Easier than before. Very few stuffs are so challenging like it was when you talked in legion pre adoulin, AV or PW at 75 cap or even delve before ilv. Nowaday, everything is beaten in few days after release. There is no unbeatable content atm. New gear makes old content soloable in a great part. Very few old content event are done by groups (stuffs like VW, einherjar).

4. It wont be the players interaction like in the past because you wont need party/alliance till you reach high level grinding, and trust system (npc helpers in fight) will reduce even more the need of other people. So the feel, if no ls, will be exactly the same as any offline rpg, just a lot bigger zones, so lots of walking.

5. It helps but not necessary. I use battlemod, the thing to check tp. mp and hp number of allies, to check hp% of NMs, the one to see the distance, send to work with mules, and spellcast if I want to skill afk. Gearswap is widely used, it works to process swaps automatic.

-1. I used to walk around 79/80 with my PLD gear using spellcast. Making macros was a huge part of the game back then, I'm glad to see that gear swapping is still relevant.

-2. Is the content to get this stuff hard to get into though?

-3. 18 people still required for the top stuff?

-4. What exactly is the way to go though? Is it all soloing for exp now?
----

How does one get into the "trust system?" I honestly haven't done any research on it, but if it's needed to low level grind I'm curious as to how effective it would be for a fresh lv 1 char.

2. Mainly job relative. You can easily get in a party if you have the jobs none wants to play (brd, sch, whm). But if youre mainly a melee, you will takr like 3, 4x time that you would with the mentioned mages. But with connections you can get win even unprepared. Im tired to see people below average with the latest gear, just because he joined an event ls, and the leader decided "everyone in shell must be wins". But the advice is to get a mage job so you can start stuffs faster (be a brd, its easier nowadays with this one:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21407/terpander

Once you have it full geared (aby empy gear +2, instruments), it will take less than 2 weeks to get all the good stuffs.

3. No, the game is party oriented, most events are capped to max 6, or are adjusted to 6. You can count in a hand events that requires more than a party.

4. At least soloing till you can enter abyssea. Abyssea is the best place to get to 99 in game.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-14 16:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know offhand which .dat out of the xi views is just for the debuff/buff icons? I used to know but now I can't remember :(
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-05-14 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The game is nothing like you remember: this is a super simplified version of what you missed.

-SE released 3 mini add-ons with augmentable gear that was powerful
-SE released 3 abyssea add-ons with powerful gear/weapons and new places to exp from 75-90 (which are still insanely fast exp from 30-99)
-SE tried to release new types of endgame and relatively failed
-SE started rebuffing old content bit by bit (new Arch Dynamis bosses, new Arch Nyzul Isle, New Arch Salvage, Arch Kirin(of sorts) etc etc)
-SE added a new full expansion with Adoulion and gear could now push you above lvl 99
-SE added extremely hard endgame which pushed your level to 119 by giving you ilvl119 insane weapons
-Everyone lost their ***and went nuts
-SE continued to rebuff old endgame types and old gear (AF gear, dynamis gear-multiple times, and soon to be the abyssea gear I mentioned)
-SE decided to slowly bring all the old content to ilvl119 status, so we'd have options and to resemble lvl 75 cap of "oh use relic for this use af for that!" since they're all badass 119 if you work hard enough for them
-A large version update happens every month and one just happened today, so we got a bunch of new stuff to explore.

This vid will help you and your girlfriend get back up to functional, welcome back senor if you do decide to give Vanadiel a shot~

Much appreciated.

I went through the video, damn things have changed. It all looks really cool actually. The trust system looks great, I'm pretty impressed by it. My biggest reservation right now is logging in to find a dead server.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-14 17:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, does anyone know the requirements for the Bronze Shovel Cordon? Bgwiki has it listed as completing all assignments up to advisor will get both KI but I only was given the Bronze Mattock Cordon.

EDIT: Going to somewhat try and answer my own question, debate about the KI suggest possibly having to have all other reward based things done so I'll be doing a lot of quests I think!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-15 09:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to be able to buy the puppets trusts and the chocobo one. Yet I have all other trusts(bar Luzaf which I missed due to break). Is there some other requirement I'm missing?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-15 09:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I see, what about the automatons then? No assault guy offers them.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-05-15 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Oh I see, what about the automatons then? No assault guy offers them.

These were from the Spring alter ego event. I missed them too.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38761-About-the-Trust-Initiative
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-05-15 09:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

how do i get the gob or moogle alter ego?
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2014-05-16 23:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just purchased the game again (HURRAH). I am in game, using a controller, and my mouse cursor doesn't go away? I have disabled and re-enabled the hardware mouse option on both windower and the xi-config, but this doesn't help.

Basically when I have no window open or nothing selected, my cursor shows up, when I hit "cancel" nothing happens. It just stays there.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
By Ravenn42 2014-05-17 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked about duo AA mithra in BST forum and it seemed that it might take too many dawn Muslim 2 make it worth my time. Has anyone done a duo on normal and if so what jobs would work?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-17 13:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
I asked about duo AA mithra in BST forum and it seemed that it might take too many dawn Muslim 2 make it worth my time. Has anyone done a duo on normal and if so what jobs would work?

Solo BLU/nin.

:3

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-17 13:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Ravenn42 said: »

Solo BLU/nin.

:3
you got a vid link of that? sounds very impressive. Didnt know blu could solo mithra on normal : o

Meh its a Meh solo.

I did it with a SCH who literally just Helix'd the Mithra when I got charmed to prevent Regen.

And no Video but I'll make one when Avalon gets his head out his *** and comes duo this ***with me
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-05-17 14:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice pdt II and something similar to that on the smn gear... Perp cost maybe? Anything else like this in other gear? And what exactly do they mean?
By Ravenn42 2014-05-17 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll would love to see a video. I will probably try a few Easy mode duo Bst and Brd till I find a better strategy job combo for normal.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-17 14:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
I notice pdt II and something similar to that on the smn gear... Perp cost maybe? Anything else like this in other gear? And what exactly do they mean?

Pdt and mdt ii means that that value can brake the 50% cap. Dont know about the smn, though.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-17 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pdt and mdt ii means that that value can brake the 50% cap. Dont know about the smn, though.
It's the same idea of breaking the existing cap on blood pact recast reduction.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-05-17 15:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »

It's the same idea of breaking the existing cap on blood pact recast reduction.

Thanks. Is there any other traits that are like that at this point? It would be cool if they gave a cure pot II or something like that.
By Presidentmerman 2014-05-17 18:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So i got my two rings from moogle then i spoke to him the next day and said something along the lines of since you like prizes i have another for you and you can have it now or wait and it will be a "better" prize if you wait.. Anyone get something else besides rings?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-05-17 21:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What rune combinations are required for the MMM maze that has revitalizer?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-17 21:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Magoraga Beads for the -10% do they need to be in precast, midcast, both, etc? able to precast fastcast neck and midcast in beads?
thank you

all casting time reduction gear needs to be on precast, midcast affects only recast time. Magoraga beads precast, fastcast neck midcast.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Bounci
Server: Lakshmi
user: susan1983
By Lakshmi.Bounci 2014-05-17 22:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best monk acc gear?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-05-17 22:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
What rune combinations are required for the MMM maze that has revitalizer?

Maze Voucher 09. Don't need any runes for it.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 271 272 273 ... 860 861 862