Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 260 261 262 ... 850 851 852
 Leviathan.Komachii
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2014-03-11 06:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Any song can be replaced by another, but the lesser duration remaining one is going to be replaced. 2min rule is true when you are trying to reapply same song, cant do so unless duration less than 2min.

Back to the original question of you, your problem is, that daurdabla has duration+ so your march will have less duration than your carol. Should try to remove all duration+ equipments while doing the dummy song, af3body and prolly neck in your case.

Still macros can ignore equips in certain cases, so when im able i prefer to put on 4dummy songs.
By Spiraboo 2014-03-11 06:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ailaique said: »
Boo... It didnt work as intended ; ;

Casted 2x marches in langeleik, earth carol ii in dharp and valor minuet 5 in apollos, and a march was replaced.
Truth to be said, i sang all songs in full af3+2, dont know if my long casting time made my first march with less duration of carol when the last was casted, but i tried the same combination with nightingale and troubador, and still a march was replaced and the carol remained. What am i doing wrong?

Another question, once talked here also, its when i was doing some skcnm, and needed march for party and pianissimo ballad for whm. Started woth 2x marches full party and pianissimo ballad for whm, but i heard complain about whm keeping one march and one ballad instead 2 ballads.

So, in the end, how the overwrite works? Any song can replace another if the diferent kind not matter the remaining time, or just under 2mins songs can be replaced?

Thanks i advance.

Again, the song that gets overwritten is the song that has the least duration left(Unless the song you are singing is currently in effect on the character, in which case it will either overwrite itself[if it has less than 2 minutes left on duration] or has no effect [duration is >= 2mins]). If you are a PC user with windower open your timers plugin, this will give you a good indication of which song has the least duration.

The problem is probably your marches aren't getting a longer duration than the dharp carol (which is why ghorn makes it easier as it would naturally be the song with longer duration as long as you sing them back to back). you don't want to sing the dummy song in the same gear set. Remove any song duration+ gear you have on the rest of your body when you sing it (i.e. legato dagger, AF reforged boots, AF3 neck, marduk legs etc.)

Alternatively you could just sing 3 dummy songs and overwrite them. i.e. carolx3, then sing march march min on top of it. But that makes you sing 6 songs to buff instead of 4.

The ballad problem is the same deal. If you don't have ghorn then your ballad is at most @ +2 (harp and AF3 legs), comparing to your +4 marchs/minuets it will have a shorter duration. So if you sing it pretty much immediately after DD songs and your whm is silly enough to be in the range of melee buffs then the ballads will overwrite each other. The best way to do this is just to tell the whm to get out of the way really :P Or get a ghorn so all durations are pretty much equal (until you invest in a marduk legs +1 and your ballads will once again has a shorter duration.. @_@;;)
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-11 09:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the synthesis skillup enhancement from Ionis work in the Mog Garden even if you enter from a different zone, say port windy with Ionis on?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-11 12:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone running FFXI/FFXIV on one of the AMD r9 cards? I built a new rig and I'm looking at the 290/290X, but I'd like to be able to play my MMOs without issue.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-11 12:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ran butter smooth on my stock raidon pair, ffxiv was a little choppy.
By ailaique 2014-03-11 16:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just swapped the aoidos' matinee and the songs were sang perfectly.
Thanks for all suport, guys.
By Wordspoken 2014-03-11 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Does the synthesis skillup enhancement from Ionis work in the Mog Garden even if you enter from a different zone, say port windy with Ionis on?
I'd say yes, judging as you get the hp/mp from where you're there.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-03-11 22:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you team up with other monsters (while playing as a monster) yet?
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-03-12 05:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if during the anniversary periode, we can win some nex items in BC like last anniversary periode.

For example, some 50 HKC BC can drop I-seal or hexed-1.

Thks in advance
By Xodia 2014-03-12 07:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi just wondering if lets say you toss your 90emp or 99Woe weapon after youve unlocked the ws do you lose the ws and have to start over?

Thanks for the help.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-12 07:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you`ve already unlocked the weapon skill to use without the empy or WoE weapon equipped then that weapon is useless afterwards.
By Ravenn42 2014-03-12 09:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be thinking of FF14 but for some reason 8 thought FF14 was allowing a 1 time makeover? Is that true and is it still going on?
My brother was thinking of coming back and said he was tired of looking at his bald head. It's a sad excuse I know but it is what it is...
so anyone know if that was true?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Blackdale
By Ivan Blackdale 2014-03-12 09:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It is FF14. you get a one time Fantasia potion to change your looks/race after paying for 30 days.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-12 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In GC, is there a way to have a script with a few random items, and run it so it takes those out but doesn't put away everything else in your inventory?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-12 16:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
In GC, is there a way to have a script with a few random items, and run it so it takes those out but doesn't put away everything else in your inventory?
Not sure if GC can do it, but itemizer can do that.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-12 17:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, I haven't really looked at itemizer. can you make a script for certain items?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-13 12:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to somehow throw out my Cor AF body and now need to get it again for the 109-119 upgrades. I tried going to Vingijard and don't get an option to erase my Cor AF memory, I tried going to Leleroon and he won't let me do anything, in my quest log I have against all odds done. How exactly can I go about reobtaining this piece?
 Valefor.Oxt
Server: Valefor
user: oxt77
By Valefor.Oxt 2014-03-13 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

I know Vingijard won't let you re-quest unless you've completed all the AF armor quest for the job.

Look in your active quests and see if there are any pending COR quests that you haven't completed.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-03-13 12:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to somehow throw out my Cor AF body and now need to get it again for the 109-119 upgrades. I tried going to Vingijard and don't get an option to erase my Cor AF memory, I tried going to Leleroon and he won't let me do anything, in my quest log I have against all odds done. How exactly can I go about reobtaining this piece?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to throw all of that AF (not reforged ofc).
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-03-13 12:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have to throw them out. Can just toss in porter.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-13 12:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I also tried that, storing in the porter that is.
Quote:
I know Vingijard won't let you re-quest unless you've completed all the AF armor quest for the job.

Look in your active quests and see if there are any pending COR quests that you haven't completed.
I have Against All Odds completed in my questbook and I think that is the end of the Cor AF unless I need to do the maat fight and all that stuff...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-13 13:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Hm, I haven't really looked at itemizer. can you make a script for certain items?
http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=plugins:itemizer

Here's the documentation page. You can basically make a text file with a list of commands pulling items out and call that text file manually or with an alias. I'll check on exactly how it's used but I hadn't done it myself yet.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-13 13:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I have Against All Odds completed in my questbook and I think that is the end of the Cor AF unless I need to do the maat fight and all that stuff...

Did you get all the pieces crafted? could be a possibility why you cant reset. Id go around and speak to the npcs that craft them if not call a GM.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-13 15:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Quote:

Did you get all the pieces crafted? could be a possibility why you cant reset. Id go around and speak to the npcs that craft them if not call a GM.
I tried going to Leleroon first and he had nothing to offer me so I think I did (I actually appear to have tossed the hands/legs too)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-03-14 12:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What time do people usually play ff11 now? Like noonish my server have the shouts i need. Then evening 7ish nothing . Then 9 some more shouts.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-14 13:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
What time do people usually play ff11 now? Like noonish my server have the shouts i need. Then evening 7ish nothing . Then 9 some more shouts.

After work, most of day in weekend and holydays.
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-03-15 03:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone figure out what the Expertise ring is in the new login campaign?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-15 07:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
anyone figure out what the Expertise ring is in the new login campaign?
They showed it right in the announcement for the new campaign...

Source.
It's just another EXP ring.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 260 261 262 ... 850 851 852