Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 861 862 863
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-28 18:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really worth bringing a THF to Salvage 2? Me and friend both 2box MNK WHM THF WHM. People keep telling me its not worth bringing a THF so I figured I would ask here.

Another reason I ask if because when we farm ZR we always cut time VERY close because of the luck of ramparts popping NMs and bosses using physical shields.

If its not worth bringing my weak THF I figured it would be better to bring 2 delve DDs and WHMs to speed it up.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
What is the max song duration, counting 99 relic horn, 99 mythic dagger, and all other JA and gear?

Quoting last unanswered question from the last page so it isnt lost because I paged.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-28 20:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the max song duration, counting 99 relic horn, 99 mythic dagger, and all other JA and gear?
Base is 2:00 (120 secs)
Mythic: 50%
Gjallar: 40%
Body: 10%
Neck: 10%
Legs: 10%
Total: +120%
4:24 (264 secs)
N/T x2 duration
8:48 (528 secs)

Few people use the pants since you loose empy bonus but it's an option. Sadly, not enough to keep N/T songs up full time.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-29 07:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
N/T x2 duration

Few people use the pants since you loose empy bonus but it's an option. Sadly, not enough to keep N/T songs up full time.

Was just looking at it. Wouldn't Madrigal, Minuet, March, and Scherzo cap at 9 minutes, since each has a piece of Af3 that gives and additional +1, and grants +12 seconds? Ballad does as well, but it shares the same slot as Marduk Legs+1, so you get the same increase in time, but nothing else
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-06-30 00:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with the increase in price of Panaceas?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-30 18:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
N/T x2 duration

Was just looking at it. Wouldn't Madrigal, Minuet, March, and Scherzo cap at 9 minutes, since each has a piece of Af3 that gives and additional +1, and grants +12 seconds? Ballad does as well, but it shares the same slot as Marduk Legs+1, so you get the same increase in time, but nothing else
Yup, you're right I left that out. Sadly, still doesn't hit 10+ ; ;
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-30 18:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
What's with the increase in price of Panaceas?
I guess it's Delve bosses, can't think of any other possible reason. Not entirely sure what statuses they cause that would need to be removed though.
Sort of nice seeing an actual demand for them, but it's such a stupidly small profit now that people are selling stones for 80k and single panacea's are going for like 90k.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-01 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When holding 3-4 NMs in Morimar including the Raptor how much of a difference is there using Magma Gaunlets/Reprisal. I have both Ochain and Aegis with 50% PDT. Just wondering if the spike damage will give him enough of a boost to kill me.

Also, does the raptor's Foul Breath damage get affected but -MDT? Or is it only affected by Breath Damage or straight Damage Taken stuff?
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-07-02 17:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't sure wether to post here or in the Lakshmi forums, but I don't think this is worthy of creating an entire thread over.

I've noticed alot of people offering 100-200k for a "second" person (as alot of people dual box) to enter Salvage and New Salvage. I have a proposition for you! Please check the spoiler if you want to read on, as to not flood the main page with a lengthly post. Thanks!
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-02 17:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Razius said: »
Wasn't sure wether to post here or in the Lakshmi forums, but I don't think this is worthy of creating an entire thread over.

I've noticed alot of people offering 100-200k for a "second" person (as alot of people dual box) to enter Salvage and New Salvage. I have a proposition for you! Please check the spoiler if you want to read on, as to not flood the main page with a lengthly post. Thanks!

I'd put it in the Lakshmi forum, better chance someone from your server will see it.
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-07-02 17:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough :) I'll post in a few days, will see if anyone bites here :)
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-04 05:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Few random questions about ein:

I went in with 4 people to see what would happen.. we timed out about 20s after we killed the last of the mobs, no chest popped. Will a chest not pop if you don't go in with full members?

When does the 10 minute timer for kicking you start - as soon as you break the lamp, or as the first/last person enters?

I did, however, get the normal amount of ichor for the run (Yay! :3), as it kicked me. Is that normal?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-07-04 06:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Few random questions about ein:

I went in with 4 people to see what would happen.. we timed out about 20s after we killed the last of the mobs, no chest popped. Will a chest not pop if you don't go in with full members?

When does the 10 minute timer for kicking you start - as soon as you break the lamp, or as the first/last person enters?

I did, however, get the normal amount of ichor for the run (Yay! :3), as it kicked me. Is that normal?

You need a minimum of 6 people. Like what happened with you, if you clear the chamber, fast enough, the chest wont pop and you will time out.

I think the timer starts when you attack/aggro the first mob, since up until that point, it is possible for more people to enter.

Ichor accumulates for each mob killed, whether you open a chest or not. The chest is just how you get the KI and drops.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-04 07:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Timer starts when you break the lamp. Have heard the chest pops from a second hand account, though I can't think of a specific instance where I did it with less than 6 personally so that doesn't do much good, I guess. You can absolutely do Odin with less than 6 and still receive drops, did that myself ages ago. It's possible the chest just wasn't up or you didn't see it if it was 20 seconds? I remember there being a slight delay.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-07-04 08:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You can absolutely do Odin with less than 6 and still receive drops, did that myself ages ago.

If I recall correctly, Odin itself does direct drops instead of a chest, so that's probably why you saw drops in that particular instance.

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer too the chest question for Ein as I've never low manned it in that capacity before.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-04 14:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is better for magic defense:
+21 mdb + -10% mdt
or
+13 mdb + -15% mdt

and does one win by a significant margin?

curious about it with/without Shell V since dispelga's can happen vs some things

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-04 15:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much, for stuff like having to get into delve NM aoe range to redo rolls/wildcard/etc on a corsair.
Just looking for max survivability when potentially eating magic aoe is unavoidable.

Edit:
My best 2 unbuffed combinations are now
+23mdb and -14%mdt
or
+15mdb -19%mdt

the difference now is mainly whether I wanna swap twilight torque out for inquisitor neck. +55hp would be kinda nice.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-05 11:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In old ZR, does the poroggo gent that pops from clearing a wing w/o cells not count for the 4 frog kill to spawn the 6F Madame? I went through today, killed him and 3 others (Poroggo Gent on 1F, Madame from socket on 2F, Madame from rampart on 3F, and Madame on the 5F), and she didn't spawn on the 6F. What am I doing wrong? =/
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-05 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In old ZR, does the poroggo gent that pops from clearing a wing w/o cells not count for the 4 frog kill to spawn the 6F Madame?...killed him and 3 others...and she didn't spawn on the 6F.
Apparently not :3
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2013-07-05 12:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In old ZR, does the poroggo gent that pops from clearing a wing w/o cells not count for the 4 frog kill to spawn the 6F Madame? I went through today, killed him and 3 others (Poroggo Gent on 1F, Madame from socket on 2F, Madame from rampart on 3F, and Madame on the 5F), and she didn't spawn on the 6F. What am I doing wrong? =/
The gent does not count but the madame that spawns back at the start after you kill the gent does.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-05 13:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
The gent does not count but the madame that spawns back at the start after you kill the gent does.

Oh.. not sure how I missed that.. derp, thank you.

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
In old ZR, does the poroggo gent that pops from clearing a wing w/o cells not count for the 4 frog kill to spawn the 6F Madame?...killed him and 3 others...and she didn't spawn on the 6F.
Apparently not :3

x______________x
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2013-07-05 21:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people would you need to reliably kill AV nowadays? And what is the best setup for it as well? (Current setup we have now is MNK with Oatixurs DRK with Senbaak BRD with 4 songs and a WHM)

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-05 23:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt that. I agreed to help someone with it and they popped without warning as I approached the ???, ended up failing to zerg with 4 oati MNKs and a good delve cor, 4(non-SV)songs, 2 rolls, missing SCH buffs and haste. With soul voice and hundred fists on repull, it died in like 25-35 seconds w/o PD.

I'd say just make sure to bring a BRD and a few competent DD, was doing it with verethragna with full buffs using a similar setup pre-delve. Mighty strikes does help with the attack issue, but missing everything else I just can't picture that being enough damage.

(If anyone wants to call competency, have done T6s using all 4 of the same MNKs.. obviously it wasn't an ideal situation, but I wouldn't neglect buffs to anywhere near the extent josi is suggesting.)

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-06 22:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it known how much macc indi-focus is?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-06 22:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duod (2 3 boxers) AV with oatixur mnk, senbak drk, thf/dnc (nothing spectacular), 2 song brd, cor, smn. 2/2 and I didn't feel worried about it, but there was definitely not much room for error. I'd find a sch or a brd to tag along w/ the 2 wars.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-08 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get the ability to purchase wildskeeper reive kis, and I'm stuck on mission 1-6.
From bgwiki:
Quote:
Achieve Adoulin fame up to level 2, or no matter how many imprimaturs you spend, you'll never get the CS

Utilize 20 or more imprimaturs on completed coalition assignments.

I have adoulin fame level 2, and I'm 100% certain I've used over 20 imprimatures. However, it was 2 full batches of bloodthread and some reive ones awhile ago, do they have to be different? Was I supposed to be using 1 at a time? Or is something missing off that page =(
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 861 862 863