Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 861 862 863
By Spiraboo 2013-06-25 11:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Franzrobot said: »
Is there a job that can get a decent amount of bayld solo in reives? Don't have any alts and no one will be my friend :(

PUP.. or pet jobs in general. Just set your pet to the log/rock/whatever to attack and afk. Be sure to get the coalition assignment to get the bonus bayld!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-25 12:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avidon said: »
I've looked around a bit and found nothing. But i'm sure it's out there. But, what IS max ACC? Is it based on what ever fiend you sre fighting? If so, what's the formulla to figure out max ACC? My ACC gear is +90 ACC not counting food. I'd hate to have too much.
Yes, it is dependent on the mob's evasion, which varies with mob level and type. Equation here: Hit Rate

You need to be able to calculate your own total accuracy (including acc from DEX, skill, traits, food, etc.). To do that, you can use FFXI Calculator or these set of equations: Accuracy

Motenten's DPS spreadsheets are useful for this as well as you can set the target's evasion yourself or use one of the predetermined values then gear/buff accordingly until you reach hit cap (95%).
DPS Spreadsheets
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-25 12:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know next to nothing about Limbus. Went their once to kill Omega, and was lead the way in.

So my question is, this.

I would like to upgrade some AF gear to AF+1, in particular, THF hands, RNG barrage items, etc.

Is that something I can do solo? And does it take much time?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-25 12:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can with a decent solo job like blu, bst, pup, etc. Just try not to link too much cause enemies could still overwhelm you if you're unprepared. But as long as you're careful it's doable.
As for time, well you're in the hands of Lady Luck as usual.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-25 12:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can solo most, if not all areas on BLU or BST other jobs can too such as DNC, I just prefer BLU. Time-wise, you could clear most floors in a couple of minutes, depending on the zone you did.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-25 13:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu can solo all if temenos and apollyon aside from arch boss, so I'd suggest that.
 Cerberus.Keshan
user: Ready
By Cerberus.Keshan 2013-06-25 23:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are NQ Tenryu Hakama worth making for the jobs, not including PUP?

With how rare the -1 are, and the recent increase in scarletite prices, wondering if I should just toss this abj I haz. :D
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-26 03:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What level is Mastop? Trying to figure out how much acc would be needed for him.
By jasline 2013-06-26 15:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in abyssea the other day farming some feet for dnc when i ran across a blu and pld. (Pld was pulling and blu was nuking the crap out of them.) As it so happens blu can pull off some pretty sick aoe damage and i think that will be great for my gf and I since we are kinda new and it is hard getting help to do older content. (like farming feet) So, my question is what is a good or best sub for blu and should both my gf and I do blu, ( is blu durable enough to pull large groups of mobs like that) or should one of us use a different job?
P.S My son plays to so I'm leaning towards 2 blu.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-26 15:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called BLU-burning and there's a comprehensive guide for it here that should answer your questions:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20806/azure-lore-a-guide-to-aoe-burning-on-blue-mage/
By jasline 2013-06-26 16:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanx Pleebo. Since we have no atmas and our gear isnt great I think we will both go blue to kill quicker.
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-06-27 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone in the UK who has BT as their provider been having issues with connections to SE related games?

Been suffering a combination of DCs and super lag on return for about a week now, and is not just limited to XI, had it in the XIV Beta and other SE games too, but fine in other games and general net useage.

It has me confused :(
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-06-27 12:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to counter the enspell damage increase on Divagating Jagil?
By Alpheus 2013-06-27 12:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be silenced thus turning it off while under its effects. That or simply have DDs ride 3rd Eye or come /nin (only /nin if you're doing this for a win or bead farm)
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-06-27 12:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think silence turned off it's enspell damage.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-27 12:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't use any form of magical damage against it and stun its nukes I'm pretty sure you can keep its enspell damage to a manageable level.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-27 15:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With no one doing Colonization Reive, the maps are all obstructed. I basically hafta set up an event to navigate maps now. How can I get Bayld?

Was gonna do an Ergon Locus one, as was suggested to me, but all the points appear to be behind fallen logs.
By Alpheus 2013-06-27 15:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

To burn Imprimatur tags and get bayld w/o relying on colonization progress and percentages I would recommend the fetch quests at the Inventor's coalition. You can either buy the items from the AH or farm them yourself (things like bloodthread).

Not the most sexy answer but it is the only one I can think of that is so independent from your server's curation of Colonization %'s.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-27 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Alpheus said: »
To burn Imprimatur tags and get bayld w/o relying on colonization progress and percentages I would recommend the fetch quests at the Inventor's coalition. You can either buy the items from the AH or farm them yourself (things like bloodthread).

Not the most sexy answer but it is the only one I can think of that is so independent from your server's curation of Colonization %'s.

bah.. bayld farming has to be the most tedious thing this expansion has come up with.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-06-27 22:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has), but what is the recommended upgrade path for Uguisumaru ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-27 22:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

buy skirmish pop item for ~150-200k > enter > find first glowy thing > get 5k bayld > exit > repeat

a group of 6 where everyone bought a pop can do 6 pops in ~30min and get 30k bayld each
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-27 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Apologies if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has), but what is the recommended upgrade path for Uguisumaru ?

1 rank in acc path lasted me long enough to get tsurumaru, just depends on how certain you are you'll never get tsuru or how much gil you want to put into it, acc will most definitely get more mileage than a few attack if you arent gonna spend much
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-06-27 22:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Alexander.Carrelo said: »

1 rank in acc path lasted me long enough to get tsurumaru, just depends on how certain you are you'll never get tsuru or how much gil you want to put into it, acc will most definitely get more mileage than a few attack if you arent gonna spend much
Good to know, thanks for the reply. :]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-27 23:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Was gonna do an Ergon Locus one, as was suggested to me, but all the points appear to be behind fallen logs.
There's an ergon locus not to far from the frontier station in foret, don't need to go past a single reive. If that's the zone you're talking about.
If you need ceizak and can't get to the one near bivouac 2, just go to flourishing island in the south. Not sure what pos is but it's not far off from the supernal chapuli pop spot. Same bayld reward no matter which locus you go to, as long as it's the same assignment area.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-28 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
There's an ergon locus not to far from the frontier station in foret, don't need to go past a single reive. If that's the zone you're talking about.
If you need ceizak and can't get to the one near bivouac 2, just go to flourishing island in the south. Not sure what pos is but it's not far off from the supernal chapuli pop spot. Same bayld reward no matter which locus you go to, as long as it's the same assignment area.

I was one of the people who missed the big hubub when it first came out and chose to let the dust settle. Because of that only have Colonization Reive's at max options.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-06-28 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way for Spellcast to detect the type of weapon a person is wearing? I want a different TP set depending if I'm using a staff or a club for my melee adventures.

Thanks for any help!
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-06-28 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Is there a way for Spellcast to detect the type of weapon a person is wearing? I want a different TP set depending if I'm using a staff or a club for my melee adventures.

Thanks for any help!
There can be for specific weapons you're wearing. I did it for my COR.

I did something like this:
Code
<if status="Engaged">
                        <if EquipMain="Chatoyant staff">
                                <var cmd="set Fightin Ranged" />
                        </if>
						<elseif EquipMain="Lux pugio">
								<var cmd="set Fightin Melee" />
                        </elseif>
       		</if>
            <else status="Idle">
						<var cmd="set Fightin Idle" />
			</else>

And made appropriate sets, of course.

I don't remember the variable rules since it's been a couple months since I've actually played 11. Sorry! :3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-06-28 15:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds simple enough to me, I'll play around with that home. Thanks!

I guess I could use an <elseif EquipSub="Genbu's Shield"> for when I'm single wielding clubs too in that regard, huh? ^^
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-06-28 15:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Sounds simple enough to me, I'll play around with that home. Thanks!

I guess I could use an <elseif EquipSub="Genbu's Shield"> for when I'm single wielding clubs too in that regard, huh? ^^
Seems like that would work, yep.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-28 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the max song duration, counting 99 relic horn, 99 mythic dagger, and all other JA and gear?
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 861 862 863