Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 861 862 863
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-20 10:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:
Gear haste caps at ~26% period.
I know this was a waaaaaaays back but this is slightly misinformative. Gear Haste's actual value caps at 25%, but most gear gives slightly less haste than advertised, thus you need another "1%" to compensate.

Actually thats the old 75 haste gear all the haste gear from af3+1/2 and above gives slightly more than listed so you only need 25% now.

Im curious, where this info is coming from? Last I heard you still had to hit 26%.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-20 10:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Megatron if you are only using them for tp then the dex path is better. If you have almace you could even use them for wsing with the dex rather than the str.

Edit @Ravant theres a load of testing done on BG the spreadsheet also show the amount thata on the gear example Ares gauntlets +1 have 4.1% haste Yaoyotl helm has 7.1%(not sure if its 7% or 7.1% as im not at home). Other gear is bang on whats listed others are over.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-20 10:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having lots of POL-0006 errors lately disconnecting me. I log in for maybe 5-10 minutes, then I'd randomly get dropped off the game with the error with no previous lag whatsoever, it just suddenly goes to an error screen. It's not my internet connection since I can browse just fine whenever it happens, so it's kinda confusing me. Anybody else ever have this before?
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-06-20 11:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll still need an 18-man alliance for Provenance Watcher with 5/5 void clusters? ._.
That's a little disappointing. Oh well.

Thank you for the response Creaucent!
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-20 11:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
What's the most tokens anyone's ever done in Nyzul Isle, and how did you go around doing it?

I've heard if you start on 96 and go continue pass 100 (effectively restarting you at floor 1), the token count continues to increase (and not return to token reward levels of floor 1). Thus if you can clear 10-15 floors in this manner, your token reward is pretty high.

I don't have any numbers to support this and this took place before the Embrava nerf, so your mileage may vary. I believe it was done with a standard NNI setup back then.

Hopefully you find that useful.

[EDIT]Bump for this question too that I posted last page:

Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »
Does anyone happen to know about how much Accuracy one needs to get 95% accuracy against Tax'et, the T5 Ceizak Delve NM? Thanks!
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-20 11:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Finality said: »
I'll still need an 18-man alliance for Provenance Watcher with 5/5 void clusters? ._.
That's a little disappointing. Oh well.

Thank you for the response Creaucent!

Well dont forget you will need people for the 3 bcnms and not just PW.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-20 12:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Edit @Ravant theres a load of testing done on BG the spreadsheet also show the amount thata on the gear example Ares gauntlets +1 have 4.1% haste Yaoyotl helm has 7.1%(not sure if its 7% or 7.1% as im not at home). Other gear is bang on whats listed others are over.

Ill have to check this out. Thanks!
By Heimdel 2013-06-20 14:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some help with moblin maze mongers. I'm trying to make a specific nm maze Kerwan but everytime I try I just get a regular mob maze. I've tried doing what wiki said even tryed copying the maze of someone who posted a solo video of it but still nothing. Does anyone know how to get this maze toy work? please help.

edit: It just keeps putting my mazes in the alpha catagory.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-20 16:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aphotic Kukri

Which Path and why !?

Path A:(STR+ ATK+ ACC+) Good for Mercy Stroke, melee dmg
Path B:(DEX+ ACC+ STR+) Good for Evis, Rudra's Storm, Crits
Path C:(AGI+ EVA+ ACC+) Good for Exe, EVA+

Idk which to pick tho, plz help and give ur opinion on ALL 3 paths plz.
By jasline 2013-06-20 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a couple questions if someone could give some sugestions. I'm fairly new and have lvl95 dnc/war right now and have recently started doing weapon trials and gonna start hunting down some better gear soon, but would like to know what would be the best job and sub to start out with since these trials can be time consuming. I do a bit of solo but my gf plays as well so we duo a lot to so any suggestions for a good duo combo would be great also. From what I understand some jobs r getting a bit situational and I would like to avoid that for now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-20 17:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the most tokens anyone's ever done in Nyzul Isle, and how did you go around doing it?

I've heard if you start on 96 and go continue pass 100 (effectively restarting you at floor 1), the token count continues to increase (and not return to token reward levels of floor 1). Thus if you can clear 10-15 floors in this manner, your token reward is pretty high.

Thanks, I didn't know it was possible to proceed past floor 100 (is it?).

Also, am I counting right that it's 22,000 zeni for a full T4 pop? (assuming base costs with no increase).
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-20 17:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I didn't know it was possible to proceed past floor 100 (is it?).

Also, am I counting right that it's 22,000 zeni for a full T4 pop? (assuming base costs with no increase).

I personally haven't tried it myself (I haven't had a reason to go back to contemporary Nyzul), but it was one of Sylow's post where I found the information from, so I'm gonna assume it's quite accurate ^^

In terms of Zeni, I've never built a T4 pop before from start to finish, so I can't give a definitive answer. Just bear in mind Zeni prices fluctuate depending on how many people are buying the pop (shouldn't be much in this day and age, but a consideration to keep in mind when you're trying to build multiple sets at once). This can be circumvented if people who are wanting to build their pop sets together buy their pop all at the same time (IE, they're all in the dialogue window already and all purchase the item in generally the same time).
By jasline 2013-06-20 17:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think for content we just want to be able to go do as much as possible duo to get some of the better gear so we can do some of the newer content without getting our tails handed to us. And for trials im trying to get the twashtar.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-20 20:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to edit Timers in win4 to show the correct duration of cor rolls?

(Not sure if there's a more relevant place to post this)

Is it at all possible to stop a windower script once it's started?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-21 10:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When you build up fame, do you have to zone to make npcs offer new quests and recognize the new tier?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-21 20:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the dumb question, but I keep getting conflicting information.

Do I need to quest the mythic ws to have access to it for the trophy BC, or do I gain access to it somehow? None of the wiki sites are really clear on that.

I've already turned my dagger in, and as much as I don't wanna get a new one and quest ws, it'd be worse to waste the trophies and not complete the bc properly.

Anyone know for sure?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-06-21 20:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember Sylow saying he finished his Kenkonken without doing the quest to unlock Stringing Pummel.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-21 20:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I remember Sylow saying he finished his Kenkonken without doing the quest to unlock Stringing Pummel.

I remember this as well. I also remember him distinctly mentioning how annoyed he was too at the Delve weapon and how he had to unlock Pummel afterwards.
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-06-22 17:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a job that can get a decent amount of bayld solo in reives? Don't have any alts and no one will be my friend :(
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-06-22 17:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does a mellee attack that deals 0 dmg still feed tp to a mob/nm?
E.G. During physical shield
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-06-22 20:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Does a mellee attack that deals 0 dmg still feed tp to a mob/nm?
E.G. During physical shield

As far as i know, no.

How much haste does desperate blows give as /DRK?
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-06-23 13:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I am finally approaching 30k plasm and I am drawn choosing between two weapons for my first Delve weapon. Heres a bit of background.

Not really played since January due to a mixture of work, health and personal reasons, and am finding it hard to break into Delve. I have managed to get the odd pick up here and there for both farming and KI runs, but not having much luck with either, one way or another. It is that "empass moment" where to get the plasm for the weapon you need to do Delve, and to to Delve you need a Delve weapon (for the most part).

Over the past two years I have probably had a year off in total and thus have missed the start of the event, pre-patch before where having a Delve weapon was a nice added bonus and not a requirement.

The weapon I want is the Halachuinic Sword for both my Almace/Aegis PLD and my BLU, but I feel that it is unlikely to get groups as these jobs, especially for farming runs (unless they want me to zombie, which I do not mind doing but would rather not do it back to back).

So, the alternative is the Bloodbath Axe. Now, my WAR is probably not as well geared as the aforementioned jobs, but it isn't terribly geared. Like all my jobs I always get as much decent Rare/Ex as I can, and then anything off the AH that I can afford and matches my gearing preferences. WAR is typically a more popular job but my lack of higher VW and NNI equipment may stunt my chances.

I've played since the release of TOAU and still really like the game, have always kept my skills capped (or close to cap) and gear updated the best I can, just finding it a bit difficult to "catch up" at the moment. My intention is to get a weapon and then work on the Mikinaak set to fill the slots where the likes of Karieyh and AF3 doesn't cut it.

So, in summary and TLDR: For a player that's two years behind the times, what would your first Delve weapon be? Sword or GA?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-06-23 13:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Razius said: »
So, in summary and TLDR: For a player that's two years behind the times, what would your first Delve weapon be? Sword or GA?

If the point of either is to get into more Delve pickup, GAxe for sure.

If you're only not considering GSword/GKatana/H2H due to not having the KI, I'd think you could get in a Tax'et run on PLD anyway. My impression is that DRK and MNK (at least) have a bit of an edge over WAR right now.

Personally, I had the same choice to make not too long ago (have since acquired both). I think the GAxe makes a bigger difference. Sword still needs a better offhand for it, and most jobs that'd use it have more to consider than pure damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-06-24 21:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When supertanking in Morimar fracture, is it a bad idea to use Reprisal when you have the raptor on you? I read magic damage causes rage-like properties and he'll be getting hit with spikes every attack while it's on, so thoughts?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-25 09:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Aphotic Kukri

Which Path and why !?

Path A:(STR+ ATK+ ACC+) Good for Mercy Stroke, melee dmg
Path B:(DEX+ ACC+ STR+) Good for Evis, Rudra's Storm, Crits
Path C:(AGI+ EVA+ ACC+) Good for Exe, EVA+

Idk which to pick tho, plz help and give ur opinion on ALL 3 paths plz.

The Thief guide addresses this, but I believe Strength is what it suggests.

Myself I went EVA, cause I have no EVA daggers, and thought the AGI may be useful for Corsair Main/Off Hand. Though +STR would be useful for that too. I so know that with it, I can pretty much cap EVA without switching to my "EVA" set in most situations.
 Cerberus.Avidon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Avidon 2013-06-25 11:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've looked around a bit and found nothing. But i'm sure it's out there. But, what IS max ACC? Is it based on what ever fiend you sre fighting? If so, what's the formulla to figure out max ACC? My ACC gear is +90 ACC not counting food. I'd hate to have too much.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-25 11:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Franzrobot said: »
Is there a job that can get a decent amount of bayld solo in reives? Don't have any alts and no one will be my friend :(

Blu for sure. Can solo an entire reive if you are good with keeping up sleeps.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 861 862 863