Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 861 862 863
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2013-06-03 11:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shinneh said: »
Are level 99 Salvage upgrade methods the same as level 75? e.g waiting until JP midnight to pass before collecting the upgraded gear
nope, instant. although i've never upgraded more than one piece in one day so i don't know if you're only allowed to upgrade once/day.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2013-06-03 11:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said: »
Are level 99 Salvage upgrade methods the same as level 75? e.g waiting until JP midnight to pass before collecting the upgraded gear
nope, instant. although i've never upgraded more than one piece in one day so i don't know if you're only allowed to upgrade once/day.

Oh that's awesome news :D Thanks!
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-06-03 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said: »
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-03 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason FFXI wont boot up, I double click the icon as usual and then nothing. My game is installed through steam and I've updated it trying to fix this problem but still nothing. Any ideas short of a full reinstall?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-04 10:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger questions -

1. Does Trueflight work with Guns? I assume it does, but can't seem to find an obvious statement that says that (and ranger ain't quite high enough to unlock it yet).

2. As a Delve weapon holder (and not Relic), Stealth Shot worth messing with? Hard to see it being worth more than Recycle/Snapshot full merits, but I'm a little concerned about hate when I get finished. (please exclude replies that include dropping everything and farming Relic)

3. I think I read that Recycle caps at 95%, does Snapshot from gear cap at 25%?

4. Ranger and Delve, fodder vs. NM. How's it do? I've gone COR mostly to these events, and with /rng I'm not the worst DD on NM's in Morimar. Was wondering if Ranger can keep up?

5. In these scenarios (delve) where their isn't exactly a tank, is Decoy Shot frowned upon?

~I'd put this in the ranger thread, but I usually get replies that say to put this here.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-04 10:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

1) All Marksmanship WS work on either Gun or Crossbow.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-04 11:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Since most snapshot gear hasn't been even tested to decypher the amount it has, we don't even know snapshot cap. Surely there is one, but it's hard to say exactly at this moment(I think Byrth is doing proper snap testings though, so I believe we'll soon know more).

And rng point of existence is to dd without pulling hate, so Decoy shot is fundamental, and I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but yes you need a relic to play ranger in endgame content. Was fine in VW cause you're invincible there, but in other situations if you Last Stand and die you're a waste of space.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-04 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Since most snapshot gear hasn't been even tested to decypher the amount it has, we don't even know snapshot cap. Surely there is one, but it's hard to say exactly at this moment(I think Byrth is doing proper snap testings though, so I believe we'll soon know more).

And rng point of existence is to dd without pulling hate, so Decoy shot is fundamental, and I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but yes you need a relic to play ranger in endgame content. Was fine in VW cause you're invincible there, but in other situations if you Last Stand and die you're a waste of space.

Regarding Decoy Shot, was more like. Hmm. When I play THF and line up Trick attack (mostly while leveling long time ago) when you didn't have a tank, at times it'd be like "Whoah no, you ain't Trick Attacking me!" Just curious if Decoy suffers the same stigma. To be honest, new to ranger, I've never had it come up when I was playing other jobs, (DRK, COR, THF, etc.)
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-04 12:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Real DD man up and accept the enmity.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-04 12:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't decoy a paladin, dragoon is always a great choice since he can just get rid of what you gave him.
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-06-04 17:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
For some reason FFXI wont boot up, I double click the icon as usual and then nothing. My game is installed through steam and I've updated it trying to fix this problem but still nothing. Any ideas short of a full reinstall?
Well I don't know about the Steam client but you could try the PlayOnline "check files" option on the log on screen.
I'm guessing you've already tried simply rebooting your computer?
If "check files" doesn't work, you could try running it under administrator. Otherwise, a reinstall is probably the best thing. ;_;
Sorry I can't be much more help.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-05 11:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As a BLM, it's obvious that every nuke has a higher damage rating (Thunder > Ice > Fire > Aero > Water > Stone), but I haven't been paying attention/noticed a similar pattern on COR with QD.

As BLM, you'd typically nuke Thunder on Firesday for excessively higher damage - would there be any benefit to using anything but Fire Shot + Obi on Firesday? I doubt it, I'm assuming they all have the same base damage which is only altered via gear, but I'd like to double check just to make sure I pick up all my Obi's now.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-05 11:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
As a BLM, it's obvious that every nuke has a higher damage rating (Thunder > Ice > Fire > Aero > Water > Stone), but I haven't been paying attention/noticed a similar pattern on COR with QD.

As BLM, you'd typically nuke Thunder on Firesday for excessively higher damage - would there be any benefit to using anything but Fire Shot + Obi on Firesday? I doubt it, I'm assuming they all have the same base damage which is only altered via gear, but I'd like to double check just to make sure I pick up all my Obi's now.

The 6 damaging Quick Draws all have the same damage, 2*(gun damage + ammo damage). This is the increased directly by staff bonus, MAB, and Weather/Day procs. So yes. Wearing an Obi while under weather/day effect will greatly increase your damage for QD.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-05 11:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought so, much appreciate the confirmation though! :D
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-05 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know when your attack is capped? I hear it mentioned from time to time.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-06-05 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
How do you know when your attack is capped? I hear it mentioned from time to time.

It'll help a lot to read this link: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/PDIF

But tl;dr your melee weapons attack is capped when your attack is 2.25 * the targets defense, and it's capped for ranged attacks when your attack is 3 * the target defense.
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-06-05 20:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Orvail Pants better than Zenith Slacks +1 for song spellcasting?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-06 00:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the evasion path delve gears so popular? I can't seem to figure out why they would be preferred over the dmg/acc (mainly dmg) paths to upgrade, especially weapons.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-06 01:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Why are the evasion path delve gears so popular? I can't seem to figure out why they would be preferred over the dmg/acc (mainly dmg) paths to upgrade, especially weapons.

Possibly the same reason why a lot of nins and thfs made evasion daggers and katanas. For general utility while soloing.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-06 01:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Possibly the same reason why a lot of nins and thfs made evasion daggers and katanas. For general utility while soloing.

But can't you only pick 1 path? Like you can't do 1 evade and 1 attack, right? I was just under the impression that the attack (and sometimes acc) options are so far and beyond better than 99% of the stuff out there, that was the way to go.
By Alpheus 2013-06-06 01:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If it isn't cuz they have a hard on for EVA gear then they are probably anticipating making a decent offhand evasion weapon for when their R/M/E is brought up to par. Granted it's still at the expense of decent offensive offhands but I could see people having different things in mind and from there different priorities.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-06 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I made my THF an Eva Delve dagger. I just made sense to me. Eventually it gets AGI bonuses, it gets the accuracy, and I have never been asked to do anything but pull on THF in delve.

That being said, I don't have r/m/e or magian eva daggers,

Was quick, and easy and saved lots of time, and THF is primarily my Abyssea/Reive/Dyna job anyhow.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-06 08:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

On the eva topic its because people are dumb eva on that gear doesnt do much in fractures and all the older content its not needed in the slightest. Do att path for acc and more damage shorter the fight lasts the less eva is actually needed.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-06 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »
Is Orvail Pants better than Zenith Slacks +1 for song spellcasting?

Assuming Song Spellcast time stacks additively with other sources of Fast Cast (I have no proof of this - I am working under the assumption Song cast time is similar to Cure Cast Time), Orvail Pants will win.
By lucasroper82 2013-06-06 12:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably answered before, but after searching I can't find the basic information I'm looking for... I'm starting to use spellcast for the first time ever, and it's a really basic idle/battle swap. The way I've got it set up is Spellcast/Ropeteer/THF.xml and here is the coding on it:

I've tried changing jobs, but nothing works. I keep getting this error:
Spellcast: XML parsing error: line 9 - error reading end tag.
Spellcast: Your document failed to load. Please view the error above. Once corrected type /sc reload
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-06-06 12:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Take out the </variables>.

<variables /> is a self closing tag.

If that's the one I wrote, 'pologies :P
By lucasroper82 2013-06-06 12:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Take out the </variables>.

<variables /> is a self closing tag.

If that's the one I wrote, 'pologies :P

That worked, and no problem, just glad it works now :)
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-06-06 13:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For mythics, do you lose your book process if you change to a different weapon? This is under the assumption that none of the assault books were turned yet.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-07 06:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
Well I don't know about the Steam client but you could try the PlayOnline "check files" option on the log on screen.
If "check files" doesn't work, you could try running it under administrator. Otherwise, a reinstall is probably the best thing. ;_;
Sorry for late response, I tried to do a file check but PoL just kept crashing so I decided to reinstall it. That fixed the PoL issue, but now if I try to boot up through windower it's saying the registry is corrupt, I've tried reinstalling windower but no change, any ideas?
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-06-07 07:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
Sorry for late response, I tried to do a file check but PoL just kept crashing so I decided to reinstall it. That fixed the PoL issue, but now if I try to boot up through windower it's saying the registry is corrupt, I've tried reinstalling windower but no change, any ideas?
Try not using the unofficial windower. If you use the window option they give you in config it should work. If that's what you're already doing, I'm afraid I have no idea. Might be an idea to send a ticket to the support team (May take them a while to reply..)
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 861 862 863