Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 861 862 863
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-31 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So a shout just went out asking for Corsair, except in Japanese. Using the autotranslate I found out they were doing Morimar plasm farming.

They wanted the Corsair to Fish and sub white mage. Isn't that a contradiction of terms?

I mean, if they were fighting Notorious Monsters, i could see where the extra poisona/erase maybe even cure would come in handy.

But for killing fodder mobs... /white mage adds little to personal survival, unless you count re-raise. And any DD"s worth their salt are going to be killing mobs so fast you won't have time to pop off a cure.

Not to mention shadows are much much more reliable (and quicker) than Blink/Stoneskin spells.

Sorry it just seemed odd. For Fodder farming, expecting both fishing and buffs, sounds like /whm is a death sentence.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-31 11:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer is normally the best sub for delve. No point to sub whm when each pt should have a healer and a bard anyway.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-31 11:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Dancer is normally the best sub for delve. No point to sub whm when each pt should have a healer and a bard anyway.

Except /dancer doesn't keep you alive pulling mobs any better than /whm. Most delve events i've been invited to, I'm pulling, and not contributing to damage. And generally i'm /nin and nonstop pulling.

Unless it's NM's then I'm either helping with haste with a /mage job or contributing to damage from afar.
By Connavarr 2013-05-31 11:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Connavarr said: »
I've decided to level DRG, currently 56. Naturally I'll be unlocking Drakesbane as soon as I hit 75(I've had the lance for years lol). However, with Delve weapons forcing me to merit Upheaval instead of using Ukko's, I no longer have a 3rd merit option for Stardiver. My question is, with the adjustments SE made to merit ws's, will 1/5 Stardiver be good enough, or will it just equal Drakes? If it's equal to Drakes, I'm not going to waste the merits on it.

Note: I'd obviously use Drakes in Aby, but I need to know for outside things, mainly Adoulin content.

Sorry for the double, just wanted to bring this to a new page to try to get an answer, messed up the first quote.

I need more coffee. =/
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-31 12:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Salvage do all the people wanting to do the run need a pass or only 1 guy.
Everyone attending the run needs a salvage pass.
check the wiki they say you can do it with 3 the guy who uses the pass if he dc the others still go in or something like that is this information outdated and something i should add to the outdated list of things with that wiki.
Everyone in the party needs the permit KI even if they intend to disconnect.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-31 12:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Connavarr said: »
I've decided to level DRG, currently 56. Naturally I'll be unlocking Drakesbane as soon as I hit 75(I've had the lance for years lol). However, with Delve weapons forcing me to merit Upheaval instead of using Ukko's, I no longer have a 3rd merit option for Stardiver. My question is, with the adjustments SE made to merit ws's, will 1/5 Stardiver be good enough, or will it just equal Drakes? If it's equal to Drakes, I'm not going to waste the merits on it.

Note: I'd obviously use Drakes in Aby, but I need to know for outside things, mainly Adoulin content.
I was talking to someone who said that as the D value of our weapons goes up, stardiver starts to loose ground and drakes gets better, but I'm uncertain at what point the difference would be negligible or surpassed. With only 1/5 the effect would be more prominent. Perhaps someone could do the math and compare.

Alternatively, you could make a Ryu and then you don't have to worry about stardiver at all.

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Salvage do all the people wanting to do the run need a pass or only 1 guy.
Everyone attending the run needs a salvage pass.
check the wiki they say you can do it with 3 the guy who uses the pass if he dc the others still go in or something like that is this information outdated and something i should add to the outdated list of things with that wiki.

You do need a pass, so the people helping have to have one. But as long as you warp/logout/terminate or otherwise disconnect before it can pull you in, it will not expend your salvage permit.

We like to use the log out method. Start logging an when you get the @ 5 sec message, tell the person to enter. They should already be waiting on the confirmation screen to enter. Be sure you don't immediately log back in, wait a few seconds. I've been dragged in before by logging back in too fast.
 Lakshmi.Razius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-05-31 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! Haven't really played since January and just dabbled with SoA it's first few weeks, got a couple of questions should anyone mind answering.

Alot of the nicer gear now seem to be Delve based, but I have yet to experience the event. I understand how Delve works, read the BG guides and what not, but as regards Plasm farming, do people typically do the outside NMs, or the Fracture zones? And which area of either/both seem to be the most popular?

I'm a Almace/Aegis PLD, a job that seems to be popluar with farming runs, but do people prefer those with Ochains?

Sort of interested in playing regulary again, and I'd rather be caught up to speed before joining shouts. Thanks!
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-06-01 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone remind me how to point system on assaults work?
By Alpheus 2013-06-01 20:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure which part you need a reminder on so gonna be a bit general.

Each Assault area keeps a record of its own points except for Nyzul cuz it's Nyzul. The points awarded are split by the number of participants (always divided by 3 due to the 3 person entry requirement) and points also experience a minor reduction if you go in there w/o any level cap (doesn't justify lvl capping yourself so never do so) and if it's your very first time completing the assault then you get a bonus to assault points (this is in addition to the bonus of rank up points which are a separate thing).
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-01 21:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding NNI.

Different boss floor completions give you points to use towards the purchase of armor. But defeating the floor 20 boss gives ya +1 armor credit.

That credit can only be use for +1 and nothing else?

Just making sure I understand the system.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-01 21:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Regarding NNI.

Different boss floor completions give you points to use towards the purchase of armor. But defeating the floor 20 boss gives ya +1 armor credit.

Thats pretty much it yea, you get a KI for beating the floor bosses, you need 5 KI's to purchase armour unless you beat the floor 100 boss, which only requires one.

The only worthwhile armour to aim for is from beating floor 100, or beating floor 80, 5 times.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-01 21:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Regarding NNI.

Thats pretty much it yea, you get a KI for beating the floor bosses, you need 5 KI's to purchase armour unless you beat the floor 100 boss, which only requires one.

The only worthwhile armour to aim for is from beating floor 100, or beating floor 80, 5 times.

Was kinda hoping you could trade lower ones for higher ones, or use for something else. Ah well :P.
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-06-01 22:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Razius said: »
Hello! Haven't really played since January and just dabbled with SoA it's first few weeks, got a couple of questions should anyone mind answering.

Alot of the nicer gear now seem to be Delve based, but I have yet to experience the event. I understand how Delve works, read the BG guides and what not, but as regards Plasm farming, do people typically do the outside NMs, or the Fracture zones? And which area of either/both seem to be the most popular?

I'm a Almace/Aegis PLD, a job that seems to be popluar with farming runs, but do people prefer those with Ochains?

Sort of interested in playing regulary again, and I'd rather be caught up to speed before joining shouts. Thanks!

In regards to plasm farming, people generally do delves inside. This is also known as fracture. I personally have an ochain and it works wonders. You can probably do well with an aegis assuming you have buffs and gear on. For the actual farming, paladins have it pretty easy. You should be agroing 1 or 2 nms and supertanking while the rest of the alliance kills fodder mobs for plasm. Once you have the nms, pull them away and tank them at a wall. You shouldn't have to do anything if you agroed them. Once situated, you will occasionally get knocked back or dispelled. Just turn and face the mob and reapply buffs then can afk again! For common courtesy, make sure to check like every 5 mins or so. Good luck farming!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-06-01 23:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

can you have more than one mannequin in your mh and get storage space from both of them ?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-02 00:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I even consider elemental magic merits for GEO?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-02 00:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
can you have more than one mannequin in your mh and get storage space from both of them ?
yes, but storage caps at 80
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
Server: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2013-06-02 00:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

Yes, but you still have an 80 max extra storage cap.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-06-02 17:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the best place to get this spell.One zone the monster is level 68-71 the other i do not know how to get to it.So i wanted to ask you all here where you think the best place to go for it is.
http://173.192.108.24/~tforum/blu/FrightfulRoar.html

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-06-02 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Abyssea-Vunkerl
really? how and where and why do you say Abyssea-Vunkerl?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-02 18:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Because there's loads of tauri.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-06-02 18:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Abyssea-Vunkerl
really? how and where and why do you say Abyssea-Vunkerl?

Abys-Vulk takes 1 whole minute teleporting using conflux #4 over the Uleguerand Range/Sacrarium alternative.
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2013-06-02 19:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Speleogen Bow for RNG good enough to defeat Ceizak Battlegrounds fracture mega boss? Or is relic rng the only thing useful
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-02 19:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Need relic for the enmity negation.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-03 03:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

can't find it, too confused:
Possible to set rules for WHM's spellcast to pick a certain piece of gear for idle when MP is lower than a certain percentage? e.g. I idle in Tatsu. sitagoromo in full MP, but when it's under 50~60% MP I want it to swap to Nares Trews?

Thank you in advance!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-03 05:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<if MPPLT="60"><dostuff></if>

the implementation will vary by xml
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-03 05:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<if status="idle">

<if MPPLT="60">
            <equip when="idle">
                <legs>Nares Trews</legs>
            </equip>
        </if>
        <else>
            <equip when="idle">
                <legs>Tatsu. sitagoromo</legs>
            </equip>
        </else>
</if>

or
Code
<if status="idle">
        <if MPPLT="65">
            <equip when="idle">
                <legs>Nares Trews</legs>
            </equip>
</if>
</if>

Edit: tried, both won't work lol

Edit V2:
Code
                <if spell="Autoset">
                        <if MPPGT="70" status="idle">
                                <action type="equip" when="idle" set="Idle" />
                        </if>
				<elseif MPPAftercastLT="70" status="idle">
					<equip when="idle" set="Idle2" />
				</elseif>				

<elseif status="engaged">
                                        <action type="equip" when="engaged" set="hastefc" />
                                </elseif>

</if>

This don't work neither lol

Edit V3:
got it to work, it took my rule on aftercast first on all the spells that's why setting this on autoset won't work unless I /heal

so my current spells =
Code
                <if Spell="Cure|Cure II|Cure III|Cure IV|Cure V|Cure VI">
                        <CastDelay delay="0.3"/>
			<equip when="precast" set="FastCast" />
			<equip when="midcast" set="Cure" />
			<if status="idle" MPPAftercastLT="60">
			<equip when="aftercast" set="idle2" />
		</if>
		<else>
			<equip when="aftercast" set="idle" />
	        </else>
		</if>

now it works, thank you and derp me.
 Valefor.Exalius
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-06-03 07:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
Does anybody in Valefor have a Chococard (M) or male chocobo?
Bump (Sorry, asking again. Gotten no replies so far.)
Valefor is pretty empty in terms of Chococards. ;_;
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2013-06-03 11:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are level 99 Salvage upgrade methods the same as level 75? e.g waiting until JP midnight to pass before collecting the upgraded gear
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 861 862 863