Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 861 862 863
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-22 04:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone needs the 100k KI to partecipate.
One drop is guaranteed, however you may get something you already have and thus actually not receive anything.

edit: and Ragnarok Zumi.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-04-22 05:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone managed to get their account reactivated after being banned by Gamesplanet/Metaboli? I can't seen to get hold of them at all since the number I tried doesn't work at all and they seem unwilling to reply to emails.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-04-22 06:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Archon Mantle V.s. Shadow Mantle
Archon Ring x Shadow Ring v.s. MDT-6% Ring (x2)
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-22 06:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadow Mantle(Mollusca probably more useful now) > Archon Cape
MDT+6 Dark ring + Shadow Ring > either of them + Archon Ring probably.
Should be possible for most jobs to cap mdt with just the one ring I think(22% total needed with shellra5? Can't remember crap today).

The "Severe" is the problem, not many things can plain one shot(or is it something like 75% of HP?) you.
Though if you are fighting something that absolutely can do the above, I don't think it could ever hurt to switch them in.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-04-22 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

makes sense ^^

still worth getting PDT-6% MDT-6% rings x2 ? or not?

got 4 rings :

1)PDT-5% BDT-3%
2)PDT-6% BDT-6%

Thanks for the info "Diiabolique"
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-22 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I started talking about this in the DRK Guide Thread but didnt want to post random questions about campaign in there so here I am!

Ive been trying on and off to get a Rose Strap for a long time. I had a good amount of the medals needed back in the day but before you used to lose your current medal if you didnt meet the requirements or w/e so I lost a bunch here and there throughout the years.

Ive been TRYING to avoid having to actually go out and campaign and just spam Streetsweeper every chance I can but that doesnt seem to be enough to rank up anymore.

My question is, If I dont meet the requirements to rank up in the first 5 days, can I keep doing Campaign Ops and Campaigns for the remainder of the 30 and still rank up or does that mean after those 5 I basically missed my chance and need to start that all over again?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2013-04-22 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Rana is gravitation / induration

Vidohunir is fragmentation / distortion

Tachi: rana > Vidohunir would make Fragmentation as expected(Gravitation > Fragmentation = Fragmentation)

Vidohunir > Tachi: Rana makes darkness as expected(distortion > gravitation)

The reason Tachi: Rana doesn't make darkness both ways is because of Vidohunir's main SC modifier being Fragmentation. Fragmentation only SCs with Gravitation as a closing. However, if Vidohunir is first, it SC's with Rana using its secondary modifier, making dark.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2013-04-22 13:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

*edit* double post, sorry =x
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 13:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »
*edit* double post, sorry =x
I've done 3 double posts today. Perhaps I'm holding down on the submit button too long or something.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-22 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Those 5 days are only the ultimate fastest way to rank up, but if you take 25 days, the same result is given yeah

Nothing is lost by failing to meet the requirements in 5 days, you're fine

Ok so if im understanding this correctly, if after the 5 days he tells me I havent met the requirements to rank up I might as well just end it and restart? That correct?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-22 13:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Ok so if im understanding this correctly, if after the 5 days he tells me I havent met the requirements to rank up I might as well just end it and restart? That correct?
No. Keep doing Campaign until he lets you.

If after 5 days he says you're eligible though, then go ahead with it. You can only go up 1 rank at a time, so there's nothing lost from not trading in your medal.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-22 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
No. Keep doing Campaign until he lets you.

If after 5 days he says you're eligible though, then go ahead with it. You can only go up 1 rank at a time, so there's nothing lost from not trading in your medal.

Ok thanks that's what I needed to know. I knew the basics (only ranking up 1 at a time) but I was unsure of if he told me I failed in the first 5 days if keeping my medal meant I could keep on trying to rank up or not. Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it.
By Neodin 2013-04-22 15:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if there is a way for me to transfer a macro set from one char to another. Wife leveled SMN and really likes my macros. but i really dont feel like typing 1.5 hours of macro out again?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-22 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Neodin said: »
Anyone know if there is a way for me to transfer a macro set from one char to another. Wife leveled SMN and really likes my macros. but i really dont feel like typing 1.5 hours of macro out again?
Macros are stored in this directory (mcr.dat files):
C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER

If you have a lot of characters, it could be annoying to figure out where each one is. I have NOT tested to see if I could transfer them from one character to another.
 Carbuncle.Vidian
Server: Carbuncle
user: Vidian
By Carbuncle.Vidian 2013-04-22 17:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can PLD use enlight or /rdm spikes to magic proc in dyna?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-22 18:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vidian said: »
Can PLD use enlight or /rdm spikes to magic proc in dyna?
No
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 20:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Neodin said: »
Macros are stored in this directory (mcr.dat files):
C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER

If you have a lot of characters, it could be annoying to figure out where each one is. I have NOT tested to see if I could transfer them from one character to another.

To add to this:

Each character has a folder in the user folder. That folder is a bunch of letters and numbers. No idea how that combination is figured out but it's probably hexidecimal and based off your account or character in some way. But you can figure out which one is which by either opening stuff inside and finding something that tips you off, like a macro or you can use altana viewer. It shows the character ID and you can base which char it is from the inventory which is much easier. There may be other ways to do it but I'm less informed about that as I figured it out really early on the hard way lol.

So inside the random character named folder there are a bunch of files named mcr#.dat. Each file is a macro set, including ctrl and alt. So macro set #1 in book number one is named mcr.dat. Set #2 is mcr1.dat Macro set #5 in book #2 is mcr14.dat

So if your smn is on book 3 then you'll need to grab mcr20.dat through mcr29.dat and copy them to the other computer/character folder you want to replace.

BUT! If you try this, make sure you back up your user folder first and also note that you have to log to the title screen before any changes in game take effect on these files and if you make changes to the files and then log out, any thing you did is overwritten. So be sure to log to the title screen before you replace any and then log in to check them.

Again back up first! It's easy to mess this up.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-04-23 09:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Dhalmel Leather used in any new quests? Seems to be 57 up right now and they're 10k a pop. I'd think it's an easy synth and was just wondering if it was used for anything SoA related 'cause for some reason it's up in the most-viewed items today.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-04-23 09:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Is Dhalmel Leather used in any new quests? Seems to be 57 up right now and they're 10k a pop. I'd think it's an easy synth and was just wondering if it was used for anything SoA related 'cause for some reason it's up in the most-viewed items today.
I'm on a boat.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-23 10:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshade Earring - Why not regain?

Maybe I'm not understanding the tp+25 bonus. Always thought of the TP Bonuse to be in the 100 quantity, as in, doing 100tp WS's as if you had 200. So how does this differ?

Most the players I know who have this have regain, but in guides I keep reading how this is not a favorable stat to go for.

Don't know really what I'd go for, except all the stats appear to be not very unique, except for those two.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-04-23 10:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

People that go for the +25 bonus are people that use it for WS moves only after having built up TP sets that maximize a 5 hit build so they can macro it in for their WS set for an increased number. While the Regain effect is certainly pretty unique, so is a TP bonus. I wouldn't say having either is really going to change the game for you as they're both situational. If you're a DD and want the extra boost in WS moves though, you certainly can't go wrong with +25 on top of what you've got. There is also a new food item from SoA that gives a regain effect. It's like 1/3 1% TP per tic, but still... not bad during idle time between waves of monster or something. I'm debating remaking my earring for TP +25, but I don't think I could give up my refresh during legion as I need every damn tic I can get it seems. (Even with the hairpin and panties with the refresh).

Another random question
Anyone know if you can you stagger Dynamis zone bosses?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 10:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Moonshade Earring - Why not regain?

Maybe I'm not understanding the tp+25 bonus. Always thought of the TP Bonuse to be in the 100 quantity, as in, doing 100tp WS's as if you had 200. So how does this differ?

Most the players I know who have this have regain, but in guides I keep reading how this is not a favorable stat to go for.

Don't know really what I'd go for, except all the stats appear to be not very unique, except for those two.
1 tp/tick only when engaged is very non attractive. Maybe for monks and pups, but I'm not so sure that's part of their optimal sets either.
Tp bonus is a unique stat that you only get from this earring so it's very valuable. You'll notice many ws have a "x varies with tp" description, this is what the tp bonus adds depending on what the x is. It's extremely good for ws that read "damage varies with tp", and for some that have critical hit rate varies with tp. WS with additional effects don't get much benefit from it instead(like Exenterator for example).
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-23 10:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

People that go for the +25 bonus are people that use it for WS moves only after having built up TP sets that maximize a 5 hit build so they can macro it in for their WS set for an increased number. While the Regain effect is certainly pretty unique, so is a TP bonus. I wouldn't say having either is really going to change the game for you as they're both situational. If you're a DD and want the extra boost in WS moves though, you certainly can't go wrong with +25 on top of what you've got. There is also a new food item from SoA that gives a regain effect. It's like 1/3 1% TP per tic, but still... not bad during idle time between waves of monster or something. I'm debating remaking my earring for TP +25, but I don't think I could give up my refresh during legion as I need every damn tic I can get it seems. (Even with the hairpin and panties with the refresh).

Another random question

I guess where i'm confuses is this. TP bonus on Martial Weapons makes it act like you're WSing with an extra 100tp. Does th TP bonus 25 act as though your weaponskilling with an extra 25 tp? And if so.. does that actually even do anything? Does that mean if you WS with 175% tp, you'll WS as if with 200% This is where I get lost.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-23 11:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Another random question

I guess where i'm confuses is this. TP bonus on Martial Weapons makes it act like you're WSing with an extra 100tp. Does th TP bonus 25 act as though your weaponskilling with an extra 25 tp? And if so.. does that actually even do anything? Does that mean if you WS with 175% tp, you'll WS as if with 200% This is where I get lost.

Yes.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-23 11:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Another random question

Yes.

One Last. So does that mean with these WS, that 100 tp does less damage than 101 tp? I guess I always assumed that their were tier's of damage modifiers, and that unless you were at 200%, your still getting the 100% modifier.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-23 11:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, 130 tp for example will be stronger than 100 and less than 200 not just improving in strength at only 100, 200 and 300 on the dot.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-23 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you get koki and jinpu as /nin?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura