Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 861 862 863

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-17 20:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you proc the lost version of dynamis NMs?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-17 20:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. It's random whether JA WS or magic can proc, though.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-17 20:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
Sylph.Rebo said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
What belt came out or what happened that caused the Windbuffet Belt to plummet?

Bump
Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Nothing, WoE is just more accessible and people are trying to get rid of their drops.
The prices of many things have been dropping, people all want Gil to blow on the new job stuff. Higher demand for Gil means undercutting to get Gil faster
Additionally, I think we're seeing some deflation with Blinkers gone. In general, not necessary for Windbuffet.
 Asura.Babydrulian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-04-17 21:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a free trial for FFXI on the 360?
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-04-17 22:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I get this error from the ffxi trial website

No more trial codes available.

Will they add more in the future?
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-18 19:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So, using windower 4, and my recast bars seem to have shifted right in the middle of my screen. I didnt change any resolution or anything. Where can I edit the x/y position?
By Symbah 2013-04-18 20:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A weapon skill like Ukko's Fury is aligned to Light Breeze and Thunder Gorget/Belt. To my knowledge, I thought the element didn't matter, so long as it matched the weapon skill. is this true? Is it better to wear the same gorget/belt for best results?

Thank you.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-18 20:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Symbah said: »
A weapon skill like Ukko's Fury is aligned to Light Breeze and Thunder Gorget/Belt. To my knowledge, I thought the element didn't matter, so long as it matched the weapon skill. is this true? Is it better to wear the same gorget/belt for best results?

Thank you.
They do not need to match elements.

But it looks better!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-18 20:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... I thought some of the Shinryu items were 100% no? Assuming you dont already have them. I just went in there now solo on THF to just kill it and nothing at all dropped >.>
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-18 20:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Um... I thought some of the Shinryu items were 100% no? Assuming you dont already have them. I just went in there now solo on THF to just kill it and nothing at all dropped >.>
I want to say only the Torque is 100%
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-18 20:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
I want to say only the Torque is 100%

Really? Hmm I thought torque, knife, scythe, back and belt maybe. Well Damn :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-18 20:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Torque cape and belt are all 100%.

weapons are common but not 100% and cloak and body and helm are fairly rare.

Normally I'd go for DB to tell us this stuff but since they can't drop if you have them, it skews the data significantly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-18 20:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm I was like 95% sure I didnt have that cape... guess I must have it somewhere then :/

Thanks guys
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-18 20:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the find plugin then just type //find twilight

I was always sad that there weren't more twilight weapons. A twilight sword woulda been awesome(gimp I'm sure but awesome).
 Odin.Jryan
Server: Odin
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2013-04-18 23:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason to use different grimoires in meebles?? Why are there 5 if they all serve the same function?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-19 00:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jryan said: »
Is there a reason to use different grimoires in meebles?? Why are there 5 if they all serve the same function?
So you can build up pops or certain bonuses to use at another time. Certain runs will wipe buffs or clears off your grimoire so it's useful have more. It isn't really necessary for most though as nothing can be transferred between them or anything.
By Artemicion 2013-04-19 02:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While this isn't necessarily gameplay related, my question is if it is possible to operate and run FFXI independently off of an external hard drive or even a USB pen drive? Last time I tried to do it, the problem was a matter of not having an active registry pertaining to the game.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-19 02:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you had permission (according to windows), you'd likely be able to install it to a pendrive, export the registry keys, then add them to whatever computer you wanted to use it on (keep those on the pen too). Again though, that requires your user to have that level of permission.
By Artemicion 2013-04-19 02:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Assuming you had permission (according to windows), you'd likely be able to install it to a pendrive, export the registry keys, then add them to whatever computer you wanted to use it on (keep those on the pen too). Again though, that requires your user to have that level of permission.

I see. So its a manner of properly installing on the external drive and exporting the registry keys.
Although, what I really want to know is if it is possible to operate and run FFXI solely off the external drive without extracting any files onto the host PC or laptop.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-19 02:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure tbh, it's not something I've ever tried ><

I'd expect the only way to do it is to use registry keys though. No doubt someone else has tried it and probably got it to work some other way. So while I'm not too familiar with it (I've only ever used XI on my PC/XBox, so I've never had this idea D:), I'll leave it for them :P
By Artemicion 2013-04-19 02:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
I'm not sure tbh, it's not something I've ever tried ><

I'd expect the only way to do it is to use registry keys though. No doubt someone else has tried it and probably got it to work some other way. So while I'm not too familiar with it (I've only ever used XI on my PC/XBox, so I've never had this idea D:), I'll leave it for them :P

Yeah, it's a funky project for sure, but I was just curious if it could be done. Would be neat to be able to play if I ever machine hop at my friends' house without having access to my own.

If it cannot "run" from the drive, then at the very least I'd like to know if installing the game on the drive can be simply cut and paste into program files of the host PC HDD and be played from there without having to go through the process of install discs, or account sharing, etc.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-04-19 05:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For "Rudra's Storm" Should i use for legs:

*Matre Bragezenn (DEF:31 DEX+10 Accuracy+3 "Store TP"-10)

*Tumbler Trunks (DEF:31 DEX+5 CHR+5 Attack+18)

*Athos's Tights (DEF:50 DEX+5 Haste+4% Increases critical hit damage Set: Increases rate of critical hits)(Critical Attack Bonus +4%)

*Abatteur Subligar (Don't got this) (DEF:50 STR+10 DEX+10 Accuracy+7 Attack+14 "Subtle Blow"+5 Haste+5%)

Been wondering cuz someone said Athos best choice from what i got , but Matre is DEX+10 and Tumbler is DEX+5 but ATK+18 I know Rudra's Storm is DEX based, so ya…........ but Critical hit DMG+4% is sexy !!!!!!!!!!! Between Athos OR Matre ! >< also heard i need Attack+ so Tumbler >< but not sure now.

Mind giving me some feedback (anyone?)

Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-04-19 05:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm noticing Windbuffet belts crashing on Lakshmi, is there a new belt out that I didn't hear about?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-19 05:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No new belt, just a flooded market.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-19 09:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
I'm noticing Windbuffet belts crashing on Lakshmi, is there a new belt out that I didn't hear about?
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
People have been doing WoE more since the coins are sellable. Other WoE gear has been crashing in price as well (ie Prosilio).
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-04-19 09:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
*Matre Bragezenn (DEF:31 DEX+10 Accuracy+3 "Store TP"-10)

*Tumbler Trunks (DEF:31 DEX+5 CHR+5 Attack+18)

*Athos's Tights (DEF:50 DEX+5 Haste+4% Increases critical hit damage Set: Increases rate of critical hits)(Critical Attack Bonus +4%)

*Abatteur Subligar (Don't got this) (DEF:50 STR+10 DEX+10 Accuracy+7 Attack+14 "Subtle Blow"+5 Haste+5%)

Assuming you have Abatteur Subligar, you can rule out both Matre and Tumbler, since Abatteur not only combines those 2 belts, but beats them in every way (Not only does 10 STR +14 Attack end up more than tumber's 18 Attack, you have to consider the fact that these additional 10 STR are a nice boost to your fSTR). As for Athos's Tights, use those if you're stacking Rudra's with either SA or Climactic - and frankly, unless you're spamming Rudra's nonstop to maintain AM, there isn't a real reason to ever use Rudra's unstacked. But if you do, Abatteur will be the winner for unstacked Rudra's.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-04-19 15:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
People have been doing WoE more since the coins are sellable. Other WoE gear has been crashing in price as well (ie Prosilio).

Ah, I always thought these came from VW. That explains it.
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
Server: Phoenix
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-04-20 08:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What jobs would benefit the most from the Windbuffet Belt? I have one but upgraded to better and trying to see if any of my other jobs would benefit from it or just go sell it back to the AH for more then when I first bought the thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 861 862 863