Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 861 862 863
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 05:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's neat, I didn't know that. Ty for telling me that half the people were trolling, but why am I getting 32 bayld as SAM/DNC attacking roots?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-16 05:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The cap is there because points are awarded in two stages:

Damage done to the root/bedrock in total since the last evaluation tic dictates the point cap for the upcoming evaluation tic

Personal contribution dictates how many points out of that cap that you get

Since roots/rocks have finite HP, you can only get so many points from them before they die.

As someone who does *** of Reives on a daily basis, solo or in a party with another SAM, a BRD, and a WHM, I've never seen over the believed cap of 3.5k. If a "run" entails a full set of reives, then that makes more sense but your friend is doing pretty poorly, I pull in 20~25k per round of Morimar/Moh and I'm lazy about it.

nvm beat
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 06:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That still doesn't answer my question, there's a cap and I get that yet no matter how much damage I do between Evaluation #1 and Evaluation #2 I rarely get over 200 bayld, what am I missing here?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-16 06:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

youre not doing enough damage
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 06:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing more damage than most of the people there, I'm parsing it the entire time -_-
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-16 06:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what are your weaponskills doing, and how frequent are they? With 1300~2000 Kaitens I have no issues staying above 500pts per eval, however I am usually getting brd songs to facilitate it (that said, 500 is an underestimation since my lowest recently recorded evaluation score is just shy of 900, so I figure someone with no brd can reach 500 with little issue).
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 06:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no buffs other than haste occasionally and usually do 800-1.8k, average probably 1kish, Scoreboard doesn't tell me average. And pretty frequent, I ride meditate recast (5/5 merits) and usually have haste. Same buffs as my DRK friend and he's getting 500+ on average evaluation from just attacking mobs while I attack roots.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-16 06:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, you should be getting 500~ per eval even with only regular old haste. evaluations from one of mine, featuring imperfect play, 2 marchs+1min, and haste spell:

Figure you should be capable of 500 or so evals without every buff ever. anyway im afk for a while so my parting advice is dont give up trust your instincts do work etc, and if none of that works try to find a brd or something
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-16 09:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How well does the new crafted GS stack up against Etourdissante for Rangarokless-WAR?

I was recommended a while back to get Etourdissante +1 and merit Resolution over Upheavel, I never got round to it before I quit (and there were never any Etour +1's on AH ; ;), so now I'm looking to finish off the pre-relic stages of my WAR, so it's a good DD (not top tier, but more than capable of holding its own).

EDIT: Just to clarify, while I can tell that Hatzoaar is an improvement over NQ Etourdissante (the only one on AH atm), is it a large improvement? Or is it just in my head?
 Asura.Exaudis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-16 09:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to SC with VSmite -> VSmite since the Adoulin update? I used to be able to solo SC with this all the time on PUP, however I haven't been able to do it recently. I can SC with my automaton's Magic Mortar just fine.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-16 09:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
How well does the new crafted GS stack up against Etourdissante for Rangarokless-WAR?

I was recommended a while back to get Etourdissante +1 and merit Resolution over Upheavel, I never got round to it before I quit (and there were never any Etour +1's on AH ; ;), so now I'm looking to finish off the pre-relic stages of my WAR, so it's a good DD (not top tier, but more than capable of holding its own).

EDIT: Just to clarify, while I can tell that Hatzoaar is an improvement over NQ Etourdissante (the only one on AH atm), is it a large improvement? Or is it just in my head?
etourdissante +1 vs hatzoaar sword

6 int and chance to stun vs 7 more damage, basically same delay, 5 str, 10 acc, 10 atk, 1 DA

How could that possibly not be a large improvement?
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-16 10:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I already said, I know it's an improvement. I want to know how big an improvement. I don't plan on paying 2M for a .05% increase in overall DPS.

I've ignored a large portion of FFXI math for a few years now, I was simply asking for clarification from the people that haven't.

Looking at it, I thought it might be a decent improvement - but I haven't spent a couple of hours re-learning XI math and running it through every possible scenario I might end up in - and without looking through the numbers, it'd simply be eyeballing and guessing the difference.

1% DA is negligable at best, especially for WAR, who already has a high DA rate.
Delay is irrelevent.

So it basically boils down to: 7DMG, 5STR, 10Acc, 10Atk. That is why I wanted to know how big an improvement it would be. None of those stats are "game changers" on their own, at least - not for a 2handed weapon, they're nice, but nothing exceptional.

At the same time, I was considering WAR's B+ skill, opposed to the A+ skill they have in GA, knowing that the Acc/Atk would play a bigger role than it would for a GA.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-16 13:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Exaudis said: »
Has anyone been able to SC with VSmite -> VSmite since the Adoulin update? I used to be able to solo SC with this all the time on PUP, however I haven't been able to do it recently. I can SC with my automaton's Magic Mortar just fine.
I was self skillchaining VS last night with no problems.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volgin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Volgin 2013-04-16 16:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they update the Naakual KI's so that only the leader needs 100,000 to enter the alliance or what not?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-16 17:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
why not underline too, let's finish the picture
 Quetzalcoatl.Volgin
By Quetzalcoatl.Volgin 2013-04-16 17:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, first question wasn't replied to, so I figured add some attention.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-16 17:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it was mentioned that they were going to lower the price or something like that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volgin
By Quetzalcoatl.Volgin 2013-04-16 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the price was getting lowered based on personal coalition rankings...but I was told by a couple people today that they updated it so that only the ally leader needed the KI to enter.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-16 20:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the noob question, but this is my first time organizing a VW by myself. Best setup to cover procs?

2BLM/2WAR/2MNK/2WHM/BRD/SAM/NIN/BLU/SMN/2SCH and then I'm lost.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-16 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Sorry for the noob question, but this is my first time organizing a VW by myself. Best setup to cover procs?

You don't need 2 mnks, or 2 war. You're missing rng/drk/drg/cor for procs though at the very least. And you don't need 2 sch if you already have 2 blms.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-04-16 20:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So Square Enix is fine with people running scripts to fish and skill up?
 Asura.Exaudis
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-16 20:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

This is what I use for most VW:
1st party: WHM BRD DRK WAR SAM MNK
2nd party: WHM COR NIN DRG THF RNG
3rd party: BLM BLM BLU BLU SMN SCH

My setup probably isn't perfect. Voidwatch is pretty lax on what you need. If I can't get a 2nd BLU, I normally just grab another DD or something. Same goes for RNG. If I can't get a COR, I'll get another BRD. It's best to not sit in Jeuno for 1 hour trying to form the perfect party. If you have 16/18 and most of the procs, just pick up some random jobs and head out.

For the NMs with adds, you'll want to have a THF or PLD(for Morta and Bismarck) hold the adds while everyone else piles on the NM.

Edit: Just noticed I didn't list DRG in my original party setup. Fixed it :)
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-17 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What belt came out or what happened that caused the Windbuffet Belt to plummet?
[+]
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-04-17 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit same question.
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2013-04-17 17:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
What belt came out or what happened that caused the Windbuffet Belt to plummet?

Bump
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-17 17:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing, WoE is just more accessible and people are trying to get rid of their drops.
[+]
 Asura.Exaudis
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-04-17 17:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Exaudis said: »
I was self skillchaining VS last night with no problems.
Saw my automaton magic burst after I did Vsmite->Vsmite today, so it seems like it was my chat filters hiding it all along. Now to find out which chat filter hides skillchains.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-17 17:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
So Square Enix is fine with people running scripts to fish and skill up?
No, but nobody in their right mind blabs to SE about it.
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 861 862 863