Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 861 862 863
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-23 12:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The blut thingies are pretty high damage. And even Brawny are nice tbh considering it's mostly a solo job.

It seems the HQ Blut have 6% more defense down than the NQ. The HQ actually look awesome, despite the high delay. 18.5% or so def- for 3m seems like a good added effect. I'd love to try them myself, but they are so very rare, and even though they are basically pup use only, are more than likely mega expensive.

I personally use brawny's atm, until I get off my *** and do more towards my veres.
By fillerbunny9 2013-02-23 13:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

for Metatron Torment, am I better off using Ogier's Leggings? Should I stick to Warrior's Cuisses +2? shell out for Avant Cuisses +1? something completely different for the leg slot? I think I have most of my other slots worked out but I wasn't sure if the bonus on Ogier's were worth it, and the Metatron thread kinda died before this was answered.
By fractalvoid 2013-02-23 13:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

switchmon crashing on load. downloaded net framework and directX stuff.
wat do
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-02-23 13:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
for Metatron Torment, am I better off using Ogier's Leggings? Should I stick to Warrior's Cuisses +2? shell out for Avant Cuisses +1? something completely different for the leg slot? I think I have most of my other slots worked out but I wasn't sure if the bonus on Ogier's were worth it, and the Metatron thread kinda died before this was answered.
Ogier's generally wins for single hit weaponskills.

fractalvoid said: »
switchmon crashing on load. downloaded net framework and directX stuff.
wat do
Did you get the right version for your operating system?
By fractalvoid 2013-02-23 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The one I got says it has support for 64bit and any other searches I do pull up the same DL as the one I have already.
Guess I'll try uninstall/reinstall but idk
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-23 15:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can host the one I have if you need, I can confirm it works on 64 bit as I'm using it right now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-02-23 15:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Seeing mixed answers on this but... I'll throw it out there for you guys/gals:

Do Assassin's Culottes +2 have Steal+ on them like the NQ and +1 have? BG Wiki says that the JP version of the help text likely displays "Steal+ x" but was lost in translation to English.

Can anyone confirm? x.X

They don't mention Steal in the JP version (or any other languages for that matter). I'm going to guess someone Google translated the text and misinterpreted the way they write Gilfinder ("gil steal") and then somehow decided the enmity+6 is steal+6 >_> Steal in Japanese is ぬすむ.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-02-23 15:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Seeing mixed answers on this but... I'll throw it out there for you guys/gals:

Do Assassin's Culottes +2 have Steal+ on them like the NQ and +1 have? BG Wiki says that the JP version of the help text likely displays "Steal+ x" but was lost in translation to English.

Can anyone confirm? x.X

They don't mention Steal in the JP version (or any other languages for that matter). I'm going to guess someone Google translated the text and misinterpreted the way they write Gilfinder ("gil steal") and then somehow decided the enmity+6 is steal+6 >_> Steal in Japanese is ぬすむ.

Cheers ^.^
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-23 23:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"hey i just download ffxi, do i have too make payment method at square enix before it will validate my account to login to playonline? because it keeps saying my info is incorrect when i try to log into playonline and it isnt, logged into square enix fine, and the password on settings is the same."

Anyone know?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-24 00:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said: »
"hey i just download ffxi, do i have too make payment method at square enix before it will validate my account to login to playonline? because it keeps saying my info is incorrect when i try to log into playonline and it isnt, logged into square enix fine, and the password on settings is the same."

Anyone know?
Probably cause you don't need your POL password to log in to the SE site, but you do for your game. So it's possible they just aren't putting the right password in.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2013-02-24 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
By fractalvoid 2013-02-24 00:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I can host the one I have if you need, I can confirm it works on 64 bit as I'm using it right now.

I uninstalled/re-installed and it works now, just gotta get myself accustomed to setting up the bind keys I would like.
I use a logitech controller (not sure of model, but it mimics a ps2 controller) and I usually use R1 as my ventrillo bind-key, not sure what would be best to use for this key.

Appreciate the offer, as well as the help. ^^
By Solrain 2013-02-24 01:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the yell filter not working for anyone else?
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-02-24 02:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Workin fine for me
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-02-24 02:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Divine Interference be solo`d? I need to redo it for the torque and was curious if i`d need an extra body for it.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-02-24 04:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How does a WOE Empy H2h compare to 85 Vere?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-02-24 08:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any known or recently fixed issues with plugins causing FFXI to crash when swapping characters (downloading data screen)?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-24 08:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
How does a WOE Empy H2h compare to 85 Vere?

Assuming you mean 90 WoE, 85 Vere is better.
But 90 Vere is really easy to make, so there's no excuse to leave it at 85 :P
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-02-24 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Are there any known or recently fixed issues with plugins causing FFXI to crash when swapping characters (downloading data screen)?

Are you using BlinkMeNot? We had success with fixing this issue by just unloading BlinkMeNot before swapping.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-02-24 08:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »

Are you using BlinkMeNot? We had success with fixing this issue by just unloading BlinkMeNot before swapping.
Yeah. I will do some testing.

Edit: Didn't take long for it to crash again after I reloaded the plugin. Thanks.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-02-24 10:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Quince said: »
Hello, if you change guilds do you still lose your GP if you go back to that guild later?

Nope.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-24 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My PC is fairly decent; I run most PC games at highest quality and get no slow down. I never have any issues with FFXI, until today. I decided to start fishing, geared up, and ran down to the Knightwell in West Ronfaure. The second I pulled out my rod, slow down. Not much around here, a few crabs and 3 fisherman. Once I'm done with my catch, the slow down goes away. Any idea why this would happen?

I do upscale with windower, but like I said, I've never had any issues, whether it's VW, Beseiged, etc...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-24 14:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Framerate is capped while fishing at something low (15 fps, I think?).

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25012-dev1126-Fishing-Adjustments
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-24 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This.

SE hardcapped framerate while fishing.
[+]
By Alpheus 2013-02-24 14:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they capped the FPS whenever a PC user fishes. Something about leveling the playing field across all platforms.

That's the only thing that comes to mind since it sounds like it just happens when you fish.

Edit: and beaten by two lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-24 14:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25012-dev1126-Fishing-Adjustments
That's what I'm seeing for FPS. Snaps right back to 30 after my rod is put away.

So this happens to everyone? I never remember this happening when I tried fishing years ago. Is there a way around it?

Edit: Well it looks like everyone is saying SE screwed up the framerate. What the actual ***? Way to destroy any motivation I had for fishing, SE.
By Alpheus 2013-02-24 14:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a recent change and I don't believe there is a way around it =(
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-24 14:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, thanks for all of the quick responses. I just facepalmed so hard, I think I need some acetaminophen.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2013-02-24 21:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone aware of a ninja buff to the drop rate of linen purses on the NQ boss in salvage? My group has been going about 3-5 times a week since it came out and we've gotten 4 in our last 4 runs while previously only gotten 2 total. Price of alex has also dropped over 3k in the past week or two.

Easy answer is more people are doing salvage and demand has dropped. It just seemed odd that we would get 4 drops in a row off the NQ after having such a poor drop rate up til the past few days. Two runs were w/o a THF too.
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-02-24 21:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cadant said: »
Anyone aware of a ninja buff to the drop rate of linen purses on the NQ boss in salvage? My group has been going about 3-5 times a week since it came out and we've gotten 4 in our last 4 runs while previously only gotten 2 total. Price of alex has also dropped over 3k in the past week or two.

Easy answer is more people are doing salvage and demand has dropped. It just seemed odd that we would get 4 drops in a row off the NQ after having such a poor drop rate up til the past few days. Two runs were w/o a THF too.

It's dumb luck. Accept your good fortune and don't overthink it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 861 862 863