users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » PDT Dark Rings in [A]Konsch
PDT Dark Rings in [A]Konsch
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-27 10:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I got was one 4% physical with less than that in magic, and one 5% with I think 4% magic.

Spent the better part of about 5 weekends trying for those lol.

Almost seems easier to farm one 6%/6%/6% and then get a D.Ring than to get a perfect pair of dark rings.

I think the only sure fire way to do this is AoE farming.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt have Cataclysm last time we tried to cleave so we had to single target saplings, since they dont link/aggro. We moved to bugards but fear of ruby, and losing chance at gold chests (and azure for the TE) made us melee kill most of those as well ><... This time imma try to Cataclysm burn the bugards tho, and see if that'll do any better.
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
user: Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-02-27 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've managed 2 6% PDT/4% MDT rings for Len and random semi poop ones for my alt. I won't lie, it took a long time and some pretty good luck to get them and they could be improved but yeahno. So far the hairpins have been harder to get a hold of.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I'm content with PDT rings. I can cap MDT on both my jobs pretty easy (PLD is super easy) but WAR will take a little more effort, but albeit AH-able effort. MDT ring would just be a bonus, I guess. We got 1 hairpin for lami forever ago, but that was really lucky. Think we spent like 5 hours in there and were about to warp out. Ever since then we've had the most horrible TE experiences ever. I'd rather do something useful then sit in a zone doing Colibri meripo style killing for hours on end... at least AoE burning isnt getting stupid old yet lol.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 10:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a dring and make a burtgang so you can have 68/88 damage reduced. Then we just have to figure out how you'll get hate :D
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-27 11:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I want a d.ring! Help me get a d.ring ash. kthx.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2012-02-27 11:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Eric, perhaps some time, if you're willing to try, I could come out on Blu, kill fast, cap some azure and ambut perhaps.. Kill some ***out there.. w.e the decision is based on chests, or mobs, I need to upgrade my rings as well... got some pdt and mdt but need breath dmg taken also.. so perhaps some farming sessions??? Pvt msg me or send me a ingame tell, that's unless everyone has you procuupied, or maybe whoever wants to ring farm, we wud be smart, and all come out with a ***load of keys.. and alliance up.. and we all farm...
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-02-27 11:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you get items out of a gold box if you were not in the party when it originally popped? I thought you couldn't control a chest that popped when you weren't there - even if you're invited to the party afterwards. I've never tried with a box that a party member opened though.

...not that 3 minutes is a huge window of time to get notified and get to the chest before it despawns.

Either way g/l with the farming... I still need to get a hairpin and better PDT/MDT rings for my mule, but the idea of farming for hours and walking out without a hairpin again irks me...
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-27 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

^

I am pretty sure that is correct.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 11:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty sure that you cannot open a chest if you weren't in the party when it is spawned.
 Ragnarok.Lenneth
user: Lenneth
By Ragnarok.Lenneth 2012-02-27 11:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know for sure you can't after loosing a shiny ring because of it >.> This also applies to being in the zone when it drops I believe but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 12:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
the only way I see this plausible is /tell Ashman "I'm farming dark rings, come in zone with a flee job or sub flee" And then once they start dropping he zones in, waiting and comes to camp as soon as one 6% drops etc

/tell Erik :3 This is his thread. I just give him free bumps with my gift of blarney.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-02-27 12:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashy, why don't you like stop being on every thread and make me some t3 pops for my Ochain!?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 12:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Ashy, why don't you like stop being on every thread and make me some t3 pops for my Ochain!?

When I'm on every post that means I'm at work and not at home. The bright side is that I'm getting paid at the moment, the downside is that I don't have access to FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-02-27 13:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »

When I'm on every post that means I'm at work and not at home. The bright side is that I'm getting paid at the moment, the downside is that I don't have access to FFXI.

This is me at work too :D Happily browsing the internet. I have no ffxi either...that's why I'm here...FML. I wanna go play with my new sword QQ