Forum » FFXI » NMs » ZNM Tier 4 NMs
ZNM Tier 4 NMs
 Caitsith.Crunch
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: CrumbD
By Caitsith.Crunch 2012-02-23 12:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on a PW pop and have killed almost all the T3s PLD and WHM duo. Anyone who's fought the T4s since lv99 can give me an idea of difficulty? I've got ochain/aegis pld and Ukon war, any chance at 2boxing or am I gonna need a party? Thanks
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-02-23 12:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Khimmy is a f'ing joke, you can take that down duo with your eyes closed

Cerb is ok... starts to spazz out at lower HP levels, though, might be a good idea to have a few people to zerg it down

Tinnin isn't bad, doesn't really do anything a normal hydra doesn't do, only problem can be is that it is a 'long' fight because you need to let him regen. So in a duo MP might be a problem
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-02-23 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you need to let it regen? SAM THF killed it in like 1 minute.
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-02-23 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

because it takes no damage if it reaches 1% before all three heads have been out at some point >_>
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Server: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-02-23 12:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

duo bst can do all tiers
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-02-23 13:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah didn't know that. Got him down to rly low % in like a minute and then just tried to put higher TH on xD
By Quiznor 2012-02-23 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your damage output,Tinnin may be dualboxable.Personally as PLD as the only source of damage,and between alternating damage shields,normal hydra's regen was too much for me.So assuming tinnin has something similar,bring a THF.Ochain from behind.

Khim is a joke.Ochain tank it from behind,MDT macro,you're fine.

Cerb,has alot of hate reset and it might eventually build up to be too much,especially with the chainspells (although you have aegis,so maybe not).I'd suggest ochain form behind and aegis/MDT (QQ,lose tp,deal with it) for chainspell.Then normal MDT macros for GoH/nukes outside chainspell.

And that tinnin SAM + THF thing is a pure lie.You can get him to 1% but all damage turns to 0's and cant be killed before the heads spawn back.
 Bismarck.Shadechaos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Shadechaos 2012-02-27 13:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Cerb on 99BST using just 1 Hippo pet (go-go natural fire resist), a stack and half zeta and 2 dawn mulsums. Stood back and let the pet do all the work.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-27 14:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How'd you deal with Sarameya's 1% HP/Tic regen after magma haplon solo BST?
/SCH? or just hit through it? that regen is kinda crazy
By Chyula 2012-02-27 14:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

you can duo all T1-T4 with smn/rdm + bst, yea smn is better for the 2nd pet job because some NM will kill your pet fast before recast timer. smn/rdm at 99 with pluto staff will be fine dispel Sarameya's spike.

Btw forgot about this ***, on Gears pld + blm because a nuker is a *** must if you don't want to spending very long time killing it.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-27 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ya k, but how is Sarameya being solod is what i wanna know
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-02-27 15:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to dual box Tinnin fairly easily at 95 with NIN/WAR + RDM/WHM. I did it the same way you would solo the normal Hydra on NIN, tanking from behind wearing a good amount of crit hit rate to keep the heads off so the nasty TP moves get blocked.

99NIN/DNC might even be able to solo it if you can keep the heads off, but it would definitely take a lot of luck with Heads/TP moves.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-27 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Tinnin use Nerve Gas regardless of heads remaining? idr, last time I did it was at 75 cap

Edid: Guess you'd know since you did it semi-recently, derpish moment
 Sylph.Kemikal
Server: Sylph
user: kemikal
By Sylph.Kemikal 2012-02-27 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

just farmed up 2 PW sets in the past few days, all the T4's are duoable with a WHM and a WAR. Cerb all u do is fulltime MDT and his moves dont do mroe then 200. Tinnin dies quickly even after his regen modes, and Khim is just lol
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-02-27 15:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
Doesn't Tinnin use Nerve Gas regardless of heads remaining? idr, last time I did it was at 75 cap

Edid: Guess you'd know since you did it semi-recently, derpish moment
If it has both(all 3) heads up it can, if it only has 1 or 2 heads it doesn't. It didn't on me anyways.