Can Someone PLEASE Help Me Figure Out Why...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Can someone PLEASE help me figure out why...
Can someone PLEASE help me figure out why...
By Fitali 2012-02-14 15:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

...Why I feel like my Ruinator does ***damage...

This is my current Ruinator Set. I know it is ***and I am working on putting pieces together. The Astolfo and Guichard axe are both -% Pet Dmg Taken.

The reason I feel like my Ruinator isn't doing as much as it should is lately I have been doing DAaxe Trials with a couple other BST. Their gear is better than mine, things like Epona's, Raja's, Ferine Body+2.

However, their gear wasn't THAT much better than mine, sure the pieces were better but it wasn't like an over the top difference. Their weapons were the exact same as mine, -%pet dmg Astolfo. However, with the same Atmas, these Bst were regularly breaking 4k and 5k in abyssea, where i Rarely break 3k and never break 4k.

One of the guys, in his Ruinator set, Had about 45 more Str than me, yet his ruinator was hitting for 2k+ over mine.

I can't figure out what the problem is. Someone please help.
By hyunkyl 2012-02-14 15:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Try putting some more STR oriented pieces on the helm.body,ring,legs and earrings if possible ;)
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-14 15:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's only +26 STR, should probably aiming towards +70 with the gear available. Some obvious upgrades would be:

Mekira-oto/twilight helm
Toci's harness/twilight mail
Pyrosoul ring
Avant Cuisses +1
Centaurus/STR earring
Flame Sachet
By Fitali 2012-02-14 15:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hyunkyl said: »
Try putting some more STR oriented pieces on the helm.body,ring,legs and earrings if possible ;)

Yeah, I know I'm working towards that. However, I don't believe adding 50 Str and 50 Atk is going to increase WS damage by 2k+...

Is Snow Belt/gorget not working with it or something? Maybe It's my Macros... Damage being calculated before it puts my gear on?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-14 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a 100% STR mod WS, 50 STR is gonna add 50 base damage to your WS. And it looks like you are using correct neck/belt..
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-14 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »

Yeah, I know I'm working towards that. However, I don't believe adding 50 Str and 50 Atk is going to increase WS damage by 2k+...

Is Snow Belt/gorget not working with it or something? Maybe It's my Macros... Damage being calculated before it puts my gear on?
50 STR is pretty serious on a 100% mod. IDK about snow gorget/belt, but you could always go with light gorget/belt just to be sure, also saves some inventory.
By Fitali 2012-02-14 15:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Its a 100% STR mod WS, 50 STR is gonna add 50 base damage to your WS. And it looks like you are using correct neck/belt..

I just finished a dynamis valkurm farming run.

Average was about 1800-2k on funguar/hippos (don't these have low defense) and about 1600-1800 average on gobbue. 1/10 or so would spike up around 2500.

In abyssea with RR/VV/Apoc I average about 2500-3k with spikes up around 3500, but mostly between 2500-3k.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-14 15:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Those don't seem like awful numbers, but you do have a few pieces that are doing you little to no good.. Head Lring and Legs are doing you almost nothing.

Also, I am not so sure a light gorget will work for Ruinator.. Snow/Aqua/Breeze all looks to be what will work for this WS.

Like Skadoosh said, 100% mod on a WS is huge when you are talking even small amounts of the stat, much less 50, along with the attack it brings.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-02-14 15:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »

the macro problem is certainly possible, i know that sometimes if i started to lag, all of my gear would not swap back correctly.

try adding a pause to your ws macro if you find that you lag in some places.

i found that it helped me out. i use windower macro's though so i'm not really sure what you are using. but for windower macros you would do something like this:

and as said previously, your going to want to stack as much STR as possible for this weaponskill.

the mods on these new merit ws's do more for dmg than any previous mods for other ws's. so while they might not have gained a full +2k dmg from 50str 50atk, +1k dmg might not be out of the equation. (they probably had TA procs tbh)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-14 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

/wait x doesn't work, wait x does however.

So instead of "input /wait 5", you'd want "wait 5;"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-02-14 16:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
/wait x doesn't work, wait x does however.

So instead of "input /wait 5", you'd want "wait 5;"

It'll send it to the game but I doubt it will work since the input won't make the script wait. You need to use this in windower macros:

pause x
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-14 16:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always used "wait x" and it's never not worked. Like I said, input /wait doesn't work, but a simple wait does.
By Fitali 2012-02-14 16:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize it could have that large of an impact. I'll pick up a couple pieces over the next couple of days , (Raja's , avant legs +1, Makiri helm, and DAaxe) and see how big of a difference that will make.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-02-14 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"wait x" works