Forum » FFXI » NMs » Yilbegan Question
Yilbegan Question
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-02-11 17:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this Duoable at 99 by a PLD (with Aegis) and a RDM, or WHM?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-11 17:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

easilly, tank on the tail.
By volkom 2012-02-11 17:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
NOPE its not duoable at 99 by a pld with aegis with a whm or rdm
cuz the pld can't put out enough damage to stop it from regening
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-11 17:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'ed him with THF/NIN + WHM/SCH, so I would think so. Pretty easy fight.

Edit: I might have him confused with something else. Definitely low manned him at 95 though, and he was not too difficult.
By Quiznor 2012-02-11 17:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Partially this.

PLD can output enough to counter the regen,but aegis would be too risky.Take an unblocked tp move (which it spams every few seconds) and you're dead.You can do it with ochain though.Have seen it
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2012-02-11 18:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

pld and whm can easily duo it, just weaponskill it during tp moves basically, it takes full damage then. also, tanking from behind makes it a breeze, only -difficult- part is actually getting behind it. sometimes it just won't let you, it'll spin like crazy, but others you can get behind it no problem, pretty silly
By volkom 2012-02-11 18:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

Partially this.

PLD can output enough to counter the regen,but aegis would be too risky.Take an unblocked tp move (which it spams every few seconds) and you're dead.You can do it with ochain though.Have seen it
this^
 Sylph.Lovehatehero
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Lovehatehero 2012-02-11 18:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »
pld and whm can easily duo it, just weaponskill it during tp moves basically, it takes full damage then. also, tanking from behind makes it a breeze, only -difficult- part is actually getting behind it. sometimes it just won't let you, it'll spin like crazy, but others you can get behind it no problem, pretty silly

This. Just did this the other day. Was pretty easy fight, never any real danger. Had a war and smn there just to speed up the kill but, np tanking it, tp moves did ***. Only time time had to re-position was after knockback move but never had an issue getting behind/staying on tail. G/L!
 Leviathan.Frotaut
Server: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2012-02-11 19:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

can duo bst this very easy
 Phoenix.Wiegraf
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wiegraf 2012-02-11 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Take an unblocked tp move (which it spams every few seconds) and you're dead.
This is what Ochain bandwagoners actually believe. An unblocked tail didn't kill PLDs at 75, even with Koenig Shield. You'd need to be remarkably bad to get oneshotted at 99.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-11 19:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wiegraf said: »
This is what Ochain bandwagoners actually believe. An unblocked tail didn't kill PLDs at 75, even with Koenig Shield. You'd need to be remarkably bad to get oneshotted at 99.
^^ koenig shield tanked alot back in the day
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-11 19:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Partially this.

lol? I've tanked it on BLU multiple times. If you're dying on PLD you're doing something outrageously wrong, regardless of shield choice. Same for outpacing regen - it takes varying amounts of damage from physical and magic damage depending on the position of its wings and whether it's attacking normally or readying a spell/TP move. It's absolutely duoable.

EDIT: also, it doesn't "spam" TP moves. If it has any amount of regain it's very low.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-02-11 21:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Partially this.

lol? I've tanked it on BLU multiple times. If you're dying on PLD you're doing something outrageously wrong, regardless of shield choice. Same for outpacing regen - it takes varying amounts of damage from physical and magic damage depending on the position of its wings and whether it's attacking normally or readying a spell/TP move. It's absolutely duoable.

EDIT: also, it doesn't "spam" TP moves. If it has any amount of regain it's very low.

Pretty sure thats where I said it wasnt me.And I should note it was the shadowed version I saw it on,and yes,it was actually spamming after a tp move after every single attack.PLD was getting almost one shotted with aegis (this was at level 95) with every tp move from the back,so he switched to ochain,no problems until a stray (dark star?) curse tp move somehow.

Phoenix.Wiegraf said: »

Individual experiences,gear,random ***,etc. Relaying what I saw