Hills Are Alive Strategy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Hills are Alive Strategy?
Hills are Alive Strategy?
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-02-03 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I'm not gonna lie i've been having a problem with this but can anyone tell me a strategy for this? I can't seem to get passed this things regen and its really a pain in the butt.
 Leviathan.Celille
Server: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-02-03 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw more BLMs at it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2012-02-03 18:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to solo?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 18:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM, WHM, 4 BLMs. Add a SMN or BRD where necessary. SC Darkness, nuke ice. Pretty safe strategy.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-02-03 18:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks tikal you're a lifesaver sometimes for real lol
EDIT: If anyone else has a diff strategy let me know
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2012-02-03 19:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats this thing like to tp burn at 99?
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-02-03 19:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it with SAMs and BLUs making Darkness SCs for the BLMs. Ice magic worked best. WHMs and RDMs. They say dont enfeeble it cause it enhances the NMs regain or regen or something but if your group is fast and BLMs are good its not a problem. What Tikal said is more than enough. More BLMs just means it goes down faster and the BLUs are just extra damage.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 19:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, as an additional to the SMN and BRD comment. SMN helps by increasing the BLM's damage with Diabolos, and the BRD's Requiem is said to really mess up the turtles regen, which I can personally attest to. Haven't needed it post 75, but still, if it's giving you a problem, it's worth the spot.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-02-03 19:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My group was NIN RDM BLM BLM BLM WHM.

Blade: Hi it into shell -> Blizzard V>Blizzaga 3(ja wasnt out yet) nukega out of shell then rest. Usually out of shell after T5. Once MP recovered repeat until dead. Worked like a charm for us.
 Cerberus.Zoux
user: Zoux
By Cerberus.Zoux 2012-02-03 19:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely no dot at all. This mean any and all enfeebling spells and WS that gives a dot effect or enfeeb effect. Any enfeeb on it means it stay inside shell for a very very long time, no enfeeb on it means it comes out of shell very very fast.

Heres our strat that worked for us, takes about 10 mins but its guarantee to win. It's not the faster method out there but it ony really requires two job type.

Setup: 2BLM, PLD

Enter, Pld engage and melee it down into shell mode. Once its inside shell, have the BLM nuke it out of shell, should take about 2-4 nukes. Once it comes out of shell Pld voke it and kite it around the big room while blm rest back mp. Once mp on the blm is good, Pld stop kite and melee it down to shell mode again. Once its inside shell, blm nuke it out of shell again. Repeat this and its a win, should take about 10mins less depending on potency of the blm's.

The only time blm's should be nuking is when its inside shell, any other time they should be resting or healing the pld.

Hope this help, it worked on 4 of our eggs 2 for our members and 2 we sold.

Dont forget echo's it cast silencega.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Zoux
user: Zoux
By Cerberus.Zoux 2012-02-03 19:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not use any dots at all, its regen is very very potent. And if there is a dot on it once it goes inside shell, it will remain in shell mode for a very very long time thus defeating the effect of what those dots will do.

This fight is all dependent on how long it remains iside its shell. If its in its shell for only 10secs or about 2-4 nukes thats only about 2-4% hp regen if that. But if there is a dot on it, it will stay inside shell for longer nukes, sometimes even the entire mp bar of the blm's and then some and thus regen back to full health again.

Simply use no dots at all or efeebling magic at all.

Bottom line, just melee it into shell and toss magic damages to get it out of shell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-02-03 20:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have been more specific. My group was a full alliance lol so thats why mine worked the way it did

if ur going with less than 6 then I would go with every other strategy here
By Ericnuke 2012-02-03 21:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We did 1 sam 3 blm 1 whm. Sam solos dark and blm MB w/ ice. Sam kites until sekka or chainbind is up and repeat. Important to note only nuke while in shell and u should be ok. TP burn would be a wash due to his defense while in shell.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-02-03 21:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what Eric said, you could possibly get it down to 2 blm and a sam or just 3 blm if you went on iceday and were all well geared.
As regards zerg method I know for sure that wouldnt work or be an approach worth considering, but I am curious how a level 5 formless strikes mnk 2hr would do with aftermath and Impetus its enough to down Omega in 90seconds, may possibly work for this.
 Bismarck.Shadechaos
By Bismarck.Shadechaos 2012-02-26 15:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

1 BST with 1 Slug pet to tank, 3 maybe 4 pet food zeta.
3 BLM cycling ice spells
15 minute battle on fire day
Did 2 for fun, got one egg on the second and a pop item on the first.
Slug tanks like a trooper, holds hate very well, eats BFT's spells like candy.
No 2 hours used, might bring some MP meds to speed things up a bit but with 15 minutes to spare in the 30 minute limit they aren't really needed.
Nuke when head is in, rest MP when head is out.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-02-26 16:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Pretty much what Eric said, you could possibly get it down to 2 blm and a sam or just 3 blm if you went on iceday and were all well geared.
As regards zerg method I know for sure that wouldnt work or be an approach worth considering, but I am curious how a level 5 formless strikes mnk 2hr would do with aftermath and Impetus its enough to down Omega in 90seconds, may possibly work for this.

A 90 vere and 95 spharai mnk couldn't counter the regen so I don't think formless strikes and hundred fists would work out very well.

Getting 1 sam makes this fight so ridiculously easy. 1 darkness sc/mb can easily take out 20%. It's best to just melee until it goes into its shell and then immediately sc/mb. The damage should pop it out of its shell and you can kite until you're ready again.
 Leviathan.Frostrike
Server: Leviathan
user: Frostrike
By Leviathan.Frostrike 2012-02-26 16:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this fight a while back for a friend who wanted black belt item and we used x3 blms and a bst, but I feel one can do it with x2 blm and a bst as well. The strat we used was to have bst pet(slug) solo the turtle until it went into shell. At that point bst would get pet off turtle and the blms who were standing on opposite side (to avoid possible aga's) would just cast blizzV to get it out. Usually 3 blms Blizz V was enough to get it out of shell.

After that turtle would be on pet again and blms could use aspirI and II for mp. The bst would have pet engage turtle when the blms Blizz V timers were ready since the bst pet hits pretty hard too. Once back in the shell blms would nuke again. Process was rinse and repeat.

I say this strat could work with two blms if they can cast 2 blizz spells fast enough while turtle in shell to get it out. Can also rep the blms for a nuking job too. The blms on my run including myself were by no means well geared.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-26 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-26 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory for any thread named for this KSNM.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-02-26 17:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

sam, mnk, war, blm, brd, whm.

Thing is weak as hell, DDs wrecked it. Took it down in under 1 min while it was in its shell.