DNC Merit Priorities?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC Merit Priorities?
DNC Merit Priorities?
 Shiva.Karichan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2012-09-05 21:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
Recently getting my 85 Twashtar I went 5/5 no foot rise so I could do the whole Climactic>Rudra's>NFR>Reverse>evisceration=darkness. Am I doing this wrong? A quick 4 step/RF with Bangles +2 test did not put me at 100 tp. I feel the need to keep fan dance as an "oh s**t" button and for kiting/pulling, so reluctantly went 4/5 on Saber Dance. How is everyone getting away with 4/5 NFR? Just thought: maybe augment Etoile Casaque +2? (which I don't have).

Why close with Evis?
Rudra's > Rudra's will make Darkness, and you have Climactic up too.

And with 4 FMs you should be able to swing once or so and have enough TP with Reverse to WS in time to close.
Hell, I can Climactic > Presto > Step > Rudra's > Swingswing > Reverse > Rudra's if I'm lucky.

Having the Augmented Relic +2 Body also helps, of course.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-05 22:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
5/5 saber
4/5 no foot rise
1/5 fan

Don't look back.

Merit enhancements on saber and fan dance are pretty worthless, although saber's is slightly better. Regardless, 5/5 saber for the extra 5 double attack from etoile tights +2.

Closed position doesn't really do anything so forget that noise.

4/5 nfr because with af2+2 body it's basically a free WS every 3 minutes and we don't have anything better on which to use our merits.

I'm fairly certain im not eva capped versus lolabyssea NMs (zoneboss/t3 AVNM stuff I tank regularly) or DC demons+NMs in dyna xarc when farming.
These things arent exactly whiffing when they attack me, but not connecting often enough that i need to drop out of haste+saber and waltz/fandance with any regularity with my current merit choice.

If I was only sticking to easy prey and trash mob content, then yeah I can agree CP is not really going to be doing anything.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-05 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
Recently getting my 85 Twashtar I went 5/5 no foot rise so I could do the whole Climactic>Rudra's>NFR>Reverse>evisceration=darkness. Am I doing this wrong? A quick 4 step/RF with Bangles +2 test did not put me at 100 tp. I feel the need to keep fan dance as an "oh s**t" button and for kiting/pulling, so reluctantly went 4/5 on Saber Dance. How is everyone getting away with 4/5 NFR? Just thought: maybe augment Etoile Casaque +2? (which I don't have).

I dont see presto in there anywhere, I pretty much hit that whenever its off cooldown+2 steps so you should be at 5/5 for ReverseFlourish as soon as thats off cooldown and always have enough tp with Bangles+2 without any trouble for self SC.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-05 22:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit them with exenterator once.

Bring a mage.

WOW! That was hard.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-05 22:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 5/5 Exderperator +thats my usual opener followed up with Phyrric Kleos on something that isnt a trashmob that might have a chance at landing hits on me with any regularity *tp+stored finishing moves permitting*.
All DNC acc/eva problems solved for the low price of 100tp x 2!

An extra ws every 3 minutes would be nice if i had af2+2body and NFR, but as a non twashtar DNC I dont think its going to be a game changer for me when I have more than enough tp and im always waiting on reverse flourish to come off cooldown to spend the 5 finishing moves I already have from presto+boxstepping.

All that being said, when the inclination to remerit comes up ill try dropping CP for NFR and see how that works. I learned alot about DNC from reading Sylow's posts+guide and he's probably right about DNC yet again ;p
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-09-05 22:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not God or Jerusalem... doh! wrong thread. My bad.