Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Saber Dance xml
Saber Dance xml
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-26 17:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't sure if I should necrobump one of the older posts or create a new thread.. However, I've been trying to configure my spellcast to equip Etoile Tights +2 whenever saber dance is active. So far it'll equip the tights as soon as I engage a mob but as soon as I swap gear for a samba, step etc. etc. it'll swap the Etoile Tights out for Charis Tights and will not re-equip the Etoile Tights. I've read over the beginner guides and used a simple <if buffactive="Saber Dance> script. Anyone mind lending a hand? Would be greatly appreciated!
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-01-26 17:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is similar to another question posted earlier today. The solution I'd use is the same except change aftermath with saber dance.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28277/apoc-or-ragnarok/3#1730655
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-26 17:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Autoexec to do this:
Code
   <register silent="true" event="losebuff_Saber_Dance">sc var set Saber No;wait 1;input /ws "Dancing Chains"</register>
   <register silent="true" event="gainbuff_Saber_Dance">sc var set Saber SD;wait 1;input /ws "Dancing Chains"</register>

For those of you who use the Yugl-ish setup, this changes a variable named Saber and causes you to re-equip your TP set. My TP sets end in -SD and -No or * (wildcard) now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-26 18:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth (;! I am actually using the xml and the includes, yours and Yugl,that you posted in the other topic. Do I just add these registers to my Autoexec and then end my tp sets with -SD or -No or *? How exactly does this work? Please forgive my ignorance with spellcast, I am trying really hard to educate myself with it :[.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 00:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Err... give me a day to clean up my xml and I can re-post a version that will work for you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 09:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/P9Brx1P5

I have not debugged this one or anything, but I suspect it will work (and probably throw a few errors). In honor of Saber Dance making the TP set names even longer, I took the opportunity to ditch a few of the options that I really just don't use.

You will need to paste the two lines above into your Autoexec as well.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 17:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/BVsDq0mZ

I have had no problems with Delay=0 for JAs. The only problem I was trying to solve with it (Reverse Flourish) is actually solved by not using Charis Bangles for much other than Reverse Flourish. Side effect of getting Athos's Gloves.

The spellcast is much faster and more responsive than my old one (mainly due to the decreased delay) and I like it a lot better. Again, some functionality has been removed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-27 18:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing around with this one, http://pastebin.com/P9Brx1P5. I will say that alot of the delay has been decreased, much smoother than the last one I was using!

I've only had time to test it in Abyssea and I've noticed three things so far. Etoile tights are still not swapping while saber dance is active, all my weaponskill sets swap except for evisceration and upon loading the spellcast it gave me an error stating that var=FullEvasion could not be found in the include. It's located in the Yugl-include but not Byrth-Include, so I just swapped the includes listed in the xml and now it seems to run fine in that regard.

Just a few things i've noticed in the short time I've had to play around with it. I haven't had a chance to test it outside abyssea though. I dont think I had a problem with the Reverse Flourish perhaps because I don't have Athos's Gloves );
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-27 18:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, and I did paste those saber dance register lines into my autoexec, just thought I'd state that before you asked.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-28 01:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you copy and paste the spellcasts together, or did you literally take the one that I posted?

In order to get Saber Dance to work, you need four things:
* Saber variable
* Those Autoexec lines
* The Dancing Chains equip line to be "<equip set="TP-$VAR-TP_$Saber|$Armor" />"
* TP Sets that end in "_No" or "_SD"

I may never have posted my include with Full Evasion:
http://pastebin.com/3V3wwsXF

but there it is!

I would recommend using the second spellcast I posted above. Everything is almost the same. I just eliminated some stuff and fixed a few errors.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-28 01:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome thanks! I'll try and get that working soon. Really appreciate you helpin me out! Gonna log for today though, a glavoid shell just hit the floor because my inventory was 78/80 and they both tried to hit my inventory at the sametime or something? Im so sad right now I dont even
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-28 01:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

/comfort D:

If it makes you feel any better, I lost three Itz scales by accidentally leaving my mule Quartermastered when fighting Itz. They were all single drops.

<_< >_> <_< shh
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-28 01:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ew... That sucks.. haha! I guess it couldve been worse. Dagger emp chain is so HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. First Glavoid and then Tunga :/
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-28 01:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The secret to Tunga, I will teach it to you.

Violent Flourish him and then WS him past 75%, 50%, and 25%. He will never chainspell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-28 02:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

:O Seriously!? Without chainspell Tunga is a joke.. I can't believe I'd never heard of this till now... GM said it would take 4-6 months to have my item restored if it even gets restored. Thought I'd try...
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-28 02:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He starts either in melee or casting mode. If he's in casting mode, he basically won't stop casting spells. He switches modes after chainspelling, so if he starts in casting mode it's usually better to let him chainspell once then lock him in melee mode with stuns.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aiun
By Quetzalcoatl.Aiun 2012-01-28 13:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth, everything works great! Thanks for the assistance, much appreciated. And thanks for the tips on Tunga guys, now to survive the glavoid phase );