Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-02-22 18:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Not only that, a SAM guide would have to have so much info =S

Not really, basic math for the common weapon delays, general info about ja's and gear that enhances them, and a low/mid/high gear sections based on access and available time/gil.

Why don't you make one, Jassik
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-22 18:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Not really, basic math for the common weapon delays, general info about ja's and gear that enhances them, and a low/mid/high gear sections based on access and available time/gil.

Scourge Trials
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-02-22 18:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking all of Registry's Ogier Gauntlets.

ftfy
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-22 19:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
Making Registry regret asking me to join his crap VW shouts.
ftfy

FTFY ^^
 Valefor.Tsukii
Server: Valefor
user: Tsuki
By Valefor.Tsukii 2013-02-22 21:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok great! Thanks very much for your quick responses :)

Next order of business, while I may ask simple questions, it shouldn't suggest I don't read back a bit at the very least, that said,

Unkai/Misu/Aethling. What's the final word with respect to Shoha and Fudo?

I would think, since we're trying to focus on proccing the multiattacks on Shoha that's kinda a given with atheling edging out misu but 3 stp 3 da is kinda nice for ws slot if you don't have access to better stuff yet to fill out other slots.

but then I think about this new zanshin/hasso stuff, and I feel like my head is going to explode and am unsure which to pick for the longrun.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-22 21:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your xhit, but if you are using the generally accepted Masamune sets, TP - Misu, fudo - Unkai, Shoha - Atheling.
By Toboe 2013-03-01 11:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im currenctly working towards something like this, since i have all lv75 salvage drops cept for 35 ares hands.

this set would give me 42( 1 over the 437 delay need) stp in tp phase.
it also sports 21% gear haste but according to BG wiki 3/5 usu +1 = 5% bonus haste, so you would again be @ 26% for haste cap. also could someone please explain to me the beneifts of hagneia over thew and potestas. i know hagneia would allow me to change misuchi to atheling for more atk in tp phase. im thinking thew bomlet for shoha and potestas for kaiten.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-01 12:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Toboe said: »
Im currenctly working towards something like this, since i have all lv75 salvage drops cept for 35 ares hands.

this set would give me 42( 1 over the 437 delay need) stp in tp phase.
it also sports 21% gear haste but according to BG wiki 3/5 usu +1 = 5% bonus haste, so you would again be @ 26% for haste cap. also could someone please explain to me the beneifts of hagneia over thew and potestas. i know hagneia would allow me to change misuchi to atheling for more atk in tp phase. im thinking thew bomlet for shoha and potestas for kaiten.

The problem is you lose 10% Zanshin rate with that setup. It might work for a high level mob with fighters roll up. But on anything else Unkai+2 body is the best. You are also losing the 4da from Usukane head. (best in slot)

By Toboe 2013-03-01 12:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my current TP set

its only 25% haste but i feel the extra 2.5% on hasso from unkai legs makes up for the missing .6%

Here is my kaiten set

i havent purchased a potestas yet or had luck farming one.

Here is shoha

the moonshade is tp bonus 25 atk 4.

for both sets im considering changing the feet to saotome +2, which im working on the exp trial.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-01 12:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you do salvage so much, just work towards usu Somen+1+usu feet+1.

Mekira-oto for Kaiten instead of Drachen
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-01 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my current TP set

its only 25% haste but i feel the extra 2.5% on hasso from unkai legs makes up for the missing .6%

Here is my kaiten set

i havent purchased a potestas yet or had luck farming one.

Here is shoha

Drachenhorn absolutely blows for SAM please do not use it. I use Shura+1 for Kaiten and Mekira+1 for Shoha and proc days for other WSs.

2nd Pyrosould for Kaiten (or stigoi), Vulcan pearl > cent.
By Toboe 2013-03-01 12:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadnt considered the lose of zanshin, thats a good point.
somen +1 would be nice too.
Im not very rich so i havent gone for tenryu +1 hands ( gote +1 seem acceptable replacement), otto +1 or vulcans pearl.
I will look into getting shura +1 head augmented for Kaiten.
I feel drachenhorn beats twilight helm and NQ otto though.

so to summarize i should go for
usu +1 head/feet/hands
otto +1
shura +1 augmented
2nd pyrosoul and a vulcans pearl
And get a hagneia
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-01 12:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Use NQ mekira until you can afford the HQ.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-01 12:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2.5% haste on +2 legs is ja haste, has no relation to gear haste, so you're still not capping gear haste.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-01 12:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadnt considered the lose of zanshin, thats a good point.
somen +1 would be nice too.
Im not very rich so i havent gone for tenryu +1 hands ( gote +1 seem acceptable replacement), otto +1 or vulcans pearl.
I will look into getting shura +1 head augmented for Kaiten.
I feel drachenhorn beats twilight helm and NQ otto though.

so to summarize i should go for
usu +1 head/feet/hands
otto +1
shura +1 augmented
2nd pyrosoul and a vulcans pearl
And get a hagneia

Don't "feel"

Drachenhorn is GARBAGE for SAM. Please don't use it. Its good for a total of 3-4 WSs across all jobs.

Brego hands are good until Tenryu, the other option is:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27935/omodaka-gote
By Toboe 2013-03-01 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just bought otto +1
i dont see why tenryu +1 or omdaka would be so massively stronger than usu gote +1. gote has 3DA compared to tenryu max 2% augment and if i were to use somen gote and sune ate +1 i get 5% haste to effectively fill the haste requirement of the hand slot.

The 2.5% haste on +2 legs is ja haste, has no relation to gear haste, so you're still not capping gear haste.

I know this but if i were to say use phorcy legs instead to reach the 26% cap i would be @ 36% delay reduction with hasso instead of 37.5.
 Phoenix.Lxion
Server: Phoenix
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2013-03-01 13:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why Drachenhorn is so disappointing is because the attack% is only calculated when naked and weapon equipped. Not retroactively as you apply gear to certain slots (At least I think, correct me if I am wrong please). So you get around the same attack, but missing out on the 3-4 STR on the Mekira head as well as the FTP bonus to aligning days.

Only uses I can think of off the top of my head is for Upheaval, or Entropy. Maybe a few more? Torcleaver and Camlan's Torment? Pretty much anything that isn't a STR mod, where there are several better options depending on which WS it is.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-01 13:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If the /DRK Last Resort change comes down, this'll be important information.

I never understood how someone figured it was Magical...
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-01 13:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

just bought otto +1
i dont see why tenryu +1 or omdaka would be so massively stronger than usu gote +1. gote has 3DA compared to tenryu max 2% augment and if i were to use somen gote and sune ate +1 i get 5% haste to effectively fill the haste requirement of the hand slot.
With Usukane Gote +1 in that set you're only at 24% haste. In addition, the attack and fSTR increase on Tenryu +1 hands matter. I think I concluded that the only time they're better is if you have capped magic haste, Hasso up, fSTR/attack capped, Phos belt +1 to attain 25% haste. Quite strict conditions.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-01 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

just bought otto +1

Right. UsuFeet+Tenryu/brego/oma = 7% haste
Usufeet+UsuHands = 5% haste

So you are either 2% short with Phos/bullwhip or 1% short with phos+1
By Toboe 2013-03-01 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lxion said: »
The reason why Drachenhorn is so disappointing is because the attack% is only calculated when naked and weapon equipped. Not retroactively as you apply gear to certain slots (At least I think, correct me if I am wrong please). So you get around the same attack, but missing out on the 3-4 STR on the Mekira head as well as the FTP bonus to aligning days.

Only uses I can think of off the top of my head is for Upheaval, or Entropy. Maybe a few more? Torcleaver and Camlan's Torment? Pretty much anything that isn't a STR mod, where there are several better options depending on which WS it is.

Okay thankyou for explaining that. and Lleweylyn you're right. my math was off, idk where i got an imaginary 2% from, lol.

so now i should concentrate on Hagneia, usu feet and somen +1, and str slots.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-01 13:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this but if i were to say use phorcy legs instead to reach the 26% cap i would be @ 36% delay reduction with hasso instead of 37.5.

Actually, if you used Phorcys Dirs, you'd be @35% delay reduction with Hasso.

Haste cap in gear is 25%, but achieved only when using 26% haste in gear because how it's calculated (fractions).

Like this:

Hasso: 12.5% - 102/1024 = 12,20703125
Usukane Feet: 2% - 20/1024 = 1,953125
Unkai Haidate+2: 4% - 40/1024 = 3,90625
Bregos Gloves: 4% - 40/1024 = 3,90625
Zelus Tiara: 8% - 81/1024 = 7,91015625
Bullwhip Belt: 7% - 71/1024 = 6,93359375
Ace's Leggings: 3% - 30/1024 = 2,9296875
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-01 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Some good info in the last few posts.

If I already have Brego, is it worth using 10 plans to get Omodaka hands? Or should I put it towards Somen/Feet.

An order of priority for Salvage v2 pieces would be cool. I'm assuming:

Feet + 1 > Somen + 1 > Omodaka Feet > Omodaka Hands > Rest of sets?
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-01 13:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »

If I already have Brego, is it worth using 10 plans to get Omodaka hands? Or should I put it towards Somen/Feet.

An order of priority for Salvage v2 pieces would be cool. I'm assuming:

Feet + 1 > Somen + 1 > Omodaka Feet > Omodaka Hands > Rest of sets?

Somen/feet first.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-01 13:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Stick with Brego. Omodaka is only better if the DEX is helping your critical hit rate, and since SAM doesn't TP in much DEX, that isn't often.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-01 13:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks ;)

Another question...now that Amano is complete ( :) !!!! ) I am wondering if this is a true 5-hit Kaiten Build. According to my calculation it is but I wanted to be sure.

TP:

WS:

Obvious improvements are obvious (second ring, earring, +1 oto) but now that I am done emptying my wallet every 2 seconds I can start working on that.

16.9% Return when I Kaiten

100 - 16.9 = 83.1 TP needed to WS again.

83.1 / 4 = 20.8~ TP needed per hit in TP Phase to maintain 5 hit.

TP Phase is 44 STP + 7 from aftermath = 51 STP = 21.2 TP per hit so that covers the 20.8 needed...I think?

Did I do that right? o.o
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-01 14:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Right you would lose haste by using dirs over haidate, but you would gain even more by capping haste with haidate.

The lr change might affect a few builds, but i don't see it beating 10% da, berserk, aggressor, etc, and the mp pool would be too small for magic to make a difference, souleater might be fun though.
By Toboe 2013-03-01 14:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe you have 7 more STP than needed in your TP phase. with amano and masa 437 delay you need 41 stp in gear to get 20tp/hit. Also id like to thank everyone so far for actually helping and not turning this into a flame war like so many other gear threads ive read today.

Ill work towards usu feet +1 and then head +1
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-01 14:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks ;)

Another question...now that Amano is complete ( :) !!!! ) I am wondering if this is a true 5-hit Kaiten Build. According to my calculation it is but I wanted to be sure.

TP:

WS:

Obvious improvements are obvious (second ring, earring, +1 oto) but now that I am done emptying my wallet every 2 seconds I can start working on that.

16.9% Return when I Kaiten

100 - 16.9 = 83.1 TP needed to WS again.

83.1 / 4 = 20.8~ TP needed per hit in TP Phase to maintain 5 hit.

TP Phase is 44 STP + 7 from aftermath = 51 STP = 21.2 TP per hit so that covers the 20.8 needed...I think?

Did I do that right? o.o

Yeah +41 stp in gear+AM is all you need to maintain 5-hit+ your proposed WS set.

Which means you can TP in Atheling when AM is active.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-01 14:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe you have 7 more STP than needed in your TP phase. with amano and masa 437 delay you need 41 stp in gear to get 20tp/hit.

Taking 7 STP off bring me to 44 which = 20.4 TP per hit, and I need 20.8 (assuming my calculations are correct).

To get 20.8 on the nose I can take off 3 STP I think.

I guess I can take out Unkai Nodowa and put in Mala once I get one?

EDIT: As Zelphes said, Atheling in TP over Misuucchi with AM Up. Thanks, sir ^_^

Also id like to thank everyone so far for actually helping and not turning this into a flame war like so many other gear threads ive read today.

Ill work towards usu feet +1 and then head +1

Agreed. Nice to see some constructive criticism for once =p
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54