save for proc
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-05 19:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Gnostics drink says hello to corsairs lol....wildfire draws little hate and DD usually pull way more hate...but yeah blm shouldnt nuke for dmg. Cor can be nasty fully buffed.

Going to have to disagree here. Most the time it works out that after one or two procs, the NM is usually capped lights (if you aren't running with a buncha tards). What's the BLMs going to do here? Sit with their thumbs up their butts? I prefer to pop Ascetic's > Braver's > Gnostic's and go to town. BLM can actually do really good damage.

Yes of course you cant do this on every VWNM, but there are certainly times when you should be nuking. Even on stuff like Kalasutrax, you should still be nuking (unless your the only stunner, then there are other problems).

Is it your turn to stun?

Yes. sit and wait.

No. Are there staggers that BLM can hit?

Yes. Work on staggers.

No. NUKE!
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-05 19:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Killacalli said: »
lmao what good DD's use temp items!? come on now go back to burning your job when you hit 75 then post something worth reading, since the face that you probably cant even equiped anything worth taking off makes me upset and second a true good blm does not open procs with Tier5 always start aspir/drain to find weakness and work your way up but i mean what do i know right?
They gave us temps for a reason...what good DD doesnt take advantage of them? fail
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-05 19:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
Enmity Douse?
save for proc
Only if it's an NM you know your going to have trouble handeling or if you're getting really unlucky with staggers (PUP BST etc).

Generally you wouldn't even need to use this, as the DD's should be generating alot more hate than you (again, Gnostic's).

Mostly, I was being a smart ***, but there is some truth to it.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-05 19:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
Quote:
Gnostics drink says hello to corsairs lol....wildfire draws little hate and DD usually pull way more hate...but yeah blm shouldnt nuke for dmg. Cor can be nasty fully buffed.

Going to have to disagree here. Most the time it works out that after one or two procs, the NM is usually capped lights (if you aren't running with a buncha tards). What's the BLMs going to do here? Sit with their thumbs up their butts? I prefer to pop Ascetic's > Braver's > Gnostic's and go to town. BLM can actually do really good damage.

Yes of course you cant do this on every VWNM, but there are certainly times when you should be nuking. Even on stuff like Kalasutrax, you should still be nuking (unless your the only stunner, then there are other problems). Well yeah when lights be caped sure haha... usually fight iis over by then though >.< too weak fights

Is it your turn to stun?

Yes. sit and wait.

Yes. Work on staggers.

No. NUKE!
By Fupafighters 2012-01-05 19:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah blm can nuke after full proced but by then its usually dead by then haha... cheers go to blms that actually do good dmg though haha >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-01-05 21:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleted post because I would have been topic banned, lol.
Anyways, I think the mods should lock this thread, mainly because everyone knows how useless this parse was anyways.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 09:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, my BLM is 99, fully merited and I have all the best gear bar the newer VWNM stuff. It's called having a second character.

Second, Enmity Douse is on a 10 minute timer.

Third, Gnostics drink will only slow my enmity gain, but it won't stop it. I don't know if there's been any testing on it, but the effects are practically unnoticeable no matter what job I'm on.

There's a reason why I said I have to nuke naked, because after a couple heavy nukes, I do pull hate.

So, if I'm going to nuke for damage, I pop Gnostic, nuke for 1-2 minutes to cap hate, pop Enmity douse, nuke another 1-2 minutes, then spend the next 7 minutes or so pissing off my alliance.

If lights are already capped, you continue proc'ing weakness anyways. Even if it's an NQ, another dusty wing or fanatics drink will help the fight go faster and smoother than extra damage from a BLM could ever provide.

This is called working as a team rather than going off and trying to win parses so you can brag about it later.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-06 09:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about that double post >.<
Please refer to the last part of my post...
"Is it your turn to stun?

Yes. sit and wait.

Yes. Work on staggers.

No. NUKE!"

Reading is hard, but if you put a little effort into it, you will see I say practically the same thing.

There are not always staggers that a BLM can hit. In that case, be a team player and contribute to the damage. If someone procs something, sure, start working to find if there was a new BLM stagger unlocked.

It just sounds like you want to be lazy about paying attention to your hate.

EDIT:
Also, I think your DD are doing something wrong if your pulling hate off them so fast. When the fight starts, in the time it takes me to pop those three temp items, the DD should have plenty of hate. I never have a problem starting out with Thundaja > Blizzaja > Thunder5 > Temp ether > Blizzard5.
By Starkzz 2012-01-06 09:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote='Bismarck.Ihina' pid=1697855]First of all, my BLM is 99, fully merited and I have all the best gear bar the newer VWNM stuff. It's called having a second character. Second, Enmity Douse is on a 10 minute timer. Third, Gnostics drink will only slow my enmity gain, but it won't stop it. I don't know if there's been any testing on it, but the effects are practically unnoticeable no matter what job I'm on. There's a reason why I said I have to nuke naked, because after a couple heavy nukes, I do pull hate. So, if I'm going to nuke for damage, I pop Gnostic, nuke for 1-2 minutes to cap hate, pop Enmity douse, nuke another 1-2 minutes, then spend the next 7 minutes or so pissing off my alliance. If lights are already capped, you continue proc'ing weakness anyways. Even if it's an NQ, another dusty wing or fanatics drink will help the fight go faster and smoother than extra damage from a BLM could ever provide. This is called working as a team rather than going off and trying to win parses so you can brag about it later.[/quote]

I cannot summon the words to express how dumb this is, anyway. If you cant proc and do decent damage at the same time on BLM, you're doing it wrong, stay on WHM please.
[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-01-06 10:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i might be slightly out of place but i did akvan on sch i was procing and nuking it with thunder 5 for 3.7k MBed it for 4.8k hit thunder 4 for 2.6k and still continued my procing process never pulled hate so as Starkzz above me said there is no reason you cant proc and do decent damage. On the other hand i do understand where you are coming from Ihina sometimes hate can go wonky but if DDs are doing their job you should have no problem nuking/procing.

Edit:I forgot no mention i did Libra during the fight where i kept doing big dmg and my enmity was at 1% lol no gnostic or minuo used in the making of that SCH rape.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 11:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

<_<

The amount of self-pandering from some of you guys is pretty astonishing.

No, wait. It's not.

Well, I don't have to defend myself anymore than this. Everyone knows how some people like to exaggerate their ability on internet forums; some people like to pretend that every fight goes perfectly every time. PLDs and DDs never go down against anything. Even if they do go down, once they're unweakened, they can always get hate back from WS'ing it once. Just like in good ol' abyssea.

Can we pretend that we're sane for a moment? Those of us who are know that finding weakness from even one element could potentially take you almost half way up the enmity cap. And I'm not saying it's every fight. If a BLM goes all out, they're only been an annoyance every once in awhile. If something does go wrong in a fight, I can assure you, asssuming your head isn't up in the clouds when I tell you this, that it'll be that overnuking BLM or that cor who's still giddy about WF'ing stuff to know when to hold back.

Theorycrafting is nice, but unless it's over mathematical calculations regarding WS damage, but it should only be used as guidelines, and not rules to play by.
[+]
By Starkzz 2012-01-06 11:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What puts the icing on the cake is the fact we're the one exaggerating!

"BLM's going for even NQ proc will increase dmg output far more than a BLM nuking."

A good DD will effectively use the majority of his/her temps, be it potions, DD output meds, erase, defensive meds, etc. So thwe chances of getting thaty wing back aren't too great, vs a guranteed 2.3k nuke.

Theresalso situations where that wing will be ineffective temperaily such as amnesia, muddle, etc. So dmg output than would be slowed, opposed to a BLM tossing out nukes.

How's that for exaggerating.

A BLM is just there to proc, and to do other wise is a crime, so to speak
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 14:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A good DD will effectively use the majority of his/her temps, be it potions, DD output meds, erase, defensive meds, etc. So thwe chances of getting thaty wing back aren't too great, vs a guranteed 2.3k nuke.

Silly man is silly.

In order to make that kind of argument, you'd have to throw away all of your experience with VWNM to be able to say that with a straight face.

Yeah, you use all your temp items, at the start. And when they wear. And if someone finds an easy HQ/white proc. Perhaps a Vicar drink if you get massive -stat down against something strong and you don't have a whm focused on you. That's about it.

But hey, rock on. I don't know what kinda DD does what you're describing, but if they have a dedicated healer in the party and they still do what you're saying, they're not good DDs.

That, and saying an extra d.wing is not useful because of amnesia is like saying melee DDs aren't useful because of amnesia. I mean you can't seriously believe what you're saying once you step back from your must-win-internet-argument-must-stroke-epeen mentality.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-06 14:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Quote:

Silly man is silly.

In order to make that kind of argument, you'd have to throw away all of your experience with VWNM to be able to say that with a straight face.

Yeah, you use all your temp items, at the start. And when they wear. And if someone finds an easy HQ/white proc. Perhaps a Vicar drink if you get massive -stat down against something strong and you don't have a whm focused on you. That's about it.

But hey, rock on. I don't know what kinda DD does what you're describing, but if they have a dedicated healer in the party and they still do what you're saying, they're not good DDs.

That, and saying an extra d.wing is not useful because of amnesia is like saying melee DDs aren't useful because of amnesia. I mean you can't seriously believe what you're saying once you step back from your must-win-internet-argument-must-stroke-epeen mentality.
Going along with your theme of being a team player, why would the DD's wait for the whm to remove the negative stuff on them when they could pop a Vicar's or Cleric's? This would increase their damage output by letting them continue to either find procs (to get more temps, Champ drink wears fast. Braver's not that much longer) or keep swinging/WS'n.

But nah, let everyone wait for the 2-3 WHM's to remove everyone's debuffs in between curing EVERYONE in the alliance (since DD's should use potions, you know, cause they have a WHM).

I'm starting to understand why you play BLM the way you do......
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm, I do advocate popping vicar in certain situations. Are you even reading my posts?

Furthermore, do you people even do VWNM? 2-3 WHMs removing everyone's debuff? Don't tell me you make all 18 people stand next to Ig-Alima as you're fighting him.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-06 14:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm, I do advocate popping vicar in certain situations. Are you even reading my posts?

Furthermore, do you people even do VWNM? 2-3 WHMs removing everyone's debuff? Don't tell me you make all 18 people stand next to Ig-Alima as you're fighting him.
Man, you must be playing with all the best players on your server, and the fights must always go perfect. You guys must never get stuck on procs, so your ally members must always have all their temp items available. It's suddenly all so very clear.

In those situations I would agree with you 100%.

But that doesn't always happen. People will have to use potions, their stalwarts/champ/bravers/fana/fools will most likely be used and no longer available... and yet that one yellow proc you mentioned is always going to give everyone one back that one temp item they need so badly? You must be extremely lucky.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 14:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So how much longer are you going to drag this out? Do you realize that you're arguing against proc'ing NQ weakness?

And even if lights are capped, and things have gotten bad enough where you need to pop potions/vicar, as you're describing, don't you think it would be a good idea to proc NQ for the chance of reobtaining temp items they obviously need since they're already being used?

I mean this is really getting silly.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-01-06 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand this at all. Do BLMs on other servers really ignore procs? Do you really not understand how valuable fanatic's is on some fights? If anyone ignored a proc that was called out on something like Ig-Alima or Kalasutrax I would never invite you again.
[+]
By Zeyphr 2012-01-06 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. why would you NOT try to proc? Even if people have some temps left, you would still try to proc so that temp items would be replenished and that they can be reused.

VW fights would be smoother with a BLM proc nuking than a BLM just trying to do big numbers and ignore the procs
By Starkzz 2012-01-06 14:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude Mitosisx, Ihina lives in a perfect world, where WHM instantly erase and cure you, procs are proc'd always in a fast manner and are alwaya attainable, theres no bst/pup etc procs in this brohan's run
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-06 14:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I don't understand this at all. Do BLMs on other servers really ignore procs? Do you really not understand how valuable fanatic's is on some fights? If anyone ignored a proc that was called out on something like Ig-Alima or Kalasutrax I would never invite you again.
I do not ignore staggers. Please see above...
Yes. sit and wait.
Yes. Work on staggers.
No. NUKE!"

So how much longer are you going to drag this out? Do you realize that you're arguing against proc'ing NQ weakness?

And even if lights are capped, and things have gotten bad enough where you need to pop potions/vicar, as you're describing, don't you think it would be a good idea to proc NQ for the chance of reobtaining temp items they obviously need since they're already being used?

I mean this is really getting silly.
Again I do not ignore staggers, I was simply saying that the chance of getting that one item that you need is slim. I never said that going for staggers is something that should be neglected. again...
Yes. sit and wait.
Yes. Work on staggers.
No. NUKE!"
By Starkzz 2012-01-06 14:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall saying ignore procs but what I do recall is it being silly BLMs are proc-no-dmg, absurd. If your BLM are like that Llewelyn, I don't care much for your inferior team.

A good BLM will proc mainly ofc, but dmg were appropriate, not brb nuking w/ no gear to proc / not pull hate, get out.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-06 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you're contradicting yourself.

It's not that you're simply saying that the odds of getting a temp item you want is slim. It's that you're arguing the case against NQ procs, and your justification for doing so is because you argue that DDs should be popping temps so the odds of getting a good temp item is slim.

And then you make another set of statements that arguing for hitting NQ weaknesses elsewhere.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If you're going to try to make an argument, you should retain some level of consistency.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2012-01-06 14:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Starkzz said: »
I don't recall saying ignore procs but what I do recall is it being silly BLMs are proc-no-dmg, absurd. If your BLM are like that Llewelyn, I don't care much for your inferior team.

A good BLM will proc mainly ofc, but dmg were appropriate, not brb nuking w/ no gear to proc / not pull hate, get out.

Elvaan BLM, everything you say is wrong by default.