Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 50 51 52
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-12-15 13:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So would be to TP in Valk and WS in Armada?
By Kyler 2012-12-15 23:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on what you are doing and assuming you do not have phorcys body

TP in either armada or valk, really depends on your buffs and other gear,

Reso (assuming well augmented armada/valk)

Phorcys > (GRIM+1 == Valk? Should be close) > (Armada/Aces)

Again depends a lot on buffs and what you are fighting but if you have Phorcys body then it's no brainer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-12-16 10:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »
Depending on what you are doing and assuming you do not have phorcys body TP in either armada or valk, really depends on your buffs and other gear, Reso (assuming well augmented armada/valk) Phorcys > (GRIM+1 == Valk? Should be close) > (Armada/Aces) Again depends a lot on buffs and what you are fighting but if you have Phorcys body then it's no brainer.

I got full Phorcys set, just wasn't sure the difference between berk and Valk, like I mentioned I've seen mainly berks around, but I've seen a few valks here and there, and just wanted some confirmation on it.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2012-12-16 10:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Kyler said: »
Depending on what you are doing and assuming you do not have phorcys body TP in either armada or valk, really depends on your buffs and other gear, Reso (assuming well augmented armada/valk) Phorcys > (GRIM+1 == Valk? Should be close) > (Armada/Aces) Again depends a lot on buffs and what you are fighting but if you have Phorcys body then it's no brainer.

I got full Phorcys set, just wasn't sure the difference between berk and Valk, like I mentioned I've seen mainly berks around, but I've seen a few valks here and there, and just wanted some confirmation on it.
That's because Armadaberks are a lot easier to obtain, give it time and Valks may be the same.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-12-16 20:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please explain why the Oat x2 GS is superior to the Double Attack path with regards to Resolution. Also how much of a difference is there in base damage for both at 99? Thank You.

Found the base damage info on BG. Looks like 21 difference in base damage. Oat x2 104 base, and the DA option is 125 base.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-16 23:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

A point less damage than Gram with 9% DA vs. 40% OAT?

~xx% More WS (certainly double digits, arguable for event) > ~0.18 fTP equivalent, which goes down the more you /WAR and the better geared you are, and isn't affected by things like Phorcy's Body.

Soooo yeah. If it were 15%+ DA it might be worth considering.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-12-17 02:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense. Thank You. I'm new to Drk. Would you say /war will be used less when/if embrava loses regain. Would Drk/sam be more or less desirable after that transpires? Basically just looking to add a couple more DD jobs to my arsenal besides war, and am looking for the best option that isn't an empy/relic/borealis.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-17 02:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
That makes sense. Thank You. I'm new to Drk. Would you say /war will be used less when/if embrava loses regain. Would Drk/sam be more or less desirable after that transpires? Basically just looking to add a couple more DD jobs to my arsenal besides war, and am looking for the best option that isn't an empy/relic/borealis.

Brd can still cast marches, mages can still haste, and drk has desperate blows.
By Zigfield 2012-12-17 02:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM may be a bit more, but not much. /WAR wasn't just an embrava SJ, it was mainly because mob def was far greater than our atk. Both have uses, just depends on content.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-12-17 03:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Zigfield said: »
/SAM may be a bit more, but not much. /WAR wasn't just an embrava SJ, it was mainly because mob def was far greater than our atk. Both have uses, just depends on content.

Thank you :)
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-17 04:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A fresh OAT user should /SAM to 5-hit on mid-to-low content, which is a great capability. Once you're geared to the nines, and what is your ultimate goal with OAT, you can 5-hit /notSAM. Any true level 99 content (NNI, NeoLimbus, NeoSalvage) can certainly demand /WAR though, even if you have to 6-hit at best.
[+]
By Saruu 2012-12-21 02:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys. I was just looking for some insight on a few things regarding my sets for DRK. I'm by no means a main dark and I was kinda going for the "Good Enough" sets for stuff like VW and such. These are my current sets, I just wanna know if they're good enough or if there's anything I can easily fix. I don't really ever get the chance to do NNI so that's pretty much out of the question. Anywho here they are!

Current TP set:

Current Reso set:

So yeah any helpful feedback is appreciated!

Edit: Feet are aug'd with Str+2
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2012-12-21 05:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you are getting a specific x-hit build on tp, if not I think the ideal upgrades would be:

TP - Ganesha's Mala (VW), Calmacac trousers (AH), Maybe Phasmida belt (VW) and an E/P body aug'd.

WS - Dilaram sollerets (VW), marginal upgrade Oto +1 Pyrosoul x2.

But by and large you sets seem (at a glance) 'Good enough' which is what your question was.

I reserve the right to be corrected.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-22 03:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

First step, OAT GS. Nothing will be a larger increase than dumping Hoarfrost.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-27 18:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

question, since now Embrava is nerfed, do ppl cap magic haste with just brd and haste spell? Also, will that cap magic haste if the brd doesn't have ghorn? Additionally, do ppl take regain out of their gear set completely now due to the change? Been away for a little so not sure how things are run now.

Thank you.

PS: nvm, just saw that it was postponed.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-12-28 19:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Marchx2+Haste will cap you without Ghorn, I think you need like +2 or +3? It's been a while since I last checked. It's very common to cap your magic haste using Marches + Haste in VW since Embrava is pretty uncommon there.
 Carbuncle.Limlight
Server: Carbuncle
user: Limlight
By Carbuncle.Limlight 2012-12-30 10:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

soooo many bards refuse to give marches in vw pugs, it really makes me sad :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-30 10:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Limlight said: »

Thankfully never seen this:P
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-12-30 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

I just yell at them till they do it. I'd actually say it's more often I'll get Minuet+March during VW than I'll get Marchx2, if I am the leader and they don't listen and give the proper buffs I just kick em.

Also I've met Durbala brds that give Minuetx2 March, or when asked to Marchx2 Min will *** up their instruments and can't overwrite their songs but don't notice and leave Minx2 on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-30 11:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I am not mistaken, +4, which is reachable without Ghorn, will give you 288/1024 = 28.12% haste. That plus haste 150/1024 will give you 42.77%. You are 1 short of the magic haste cap.

It is good to know in the future when we have to rely on march, we don't forget to gear for 1% more haste to make up for that.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-30 11:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
If I am not mistaken, +4, which is reachable without Ghorn, will give you 288/1024 = 28.12% haste. That plus haste 150/1024 will give you 42.77%. You are 1 short of the magic haste cap.

It is good to know in the future when we have to rely on march, we don't forget to gear for 1% more haste to make up for that.

Capped March with 99horn + haste = 45.8% haste (over cap)

64/1024+80/1024
96/1024+80/1024

Only need 95 Horn or Langeleik + haste to get 42.7

64/1024+64/1024
96/1024+64/1025

Marcato would also make capping easy. Does Marcato stack with the instrutment +march or is it just the base song?
 Cerberus.Ephexis
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2012-12-30 12:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

I just yell at them till they do it. I'd actually say it's more often I'll get Minuet+March during VW than I'll get Marchx2, if I am the leader and they don't listen and give the proper buffs I just kick em.

Also I've met Durbala brds that give Minuetx2 March, or when asked to Marchx2 Min will *** up their instruments and can't overwrite their songs but don't notice and leave Minx2 on.

Glad to see not just myself getting annoyed with people about this, and then kicking people. I usually lead most runs, and have a strong dislike of people who deviate from things without consultation.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-30 12:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

(288+150)/1024 = 42.7% tho, that's 1 short, or did I screw up somewhere.
By Creecreelo 2012-12-30 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Marcato does work with Song+ Gear, so would make Victory March +5 go from 176/1024 to 264/1024.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-30 12:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
(288+150)/1024 = 42.7% tho, that's 1 short, or did I screw up somewhere.

Meh I fubared haste spell.

So yeah need 99 horn to cap without marcato.
 Asura.Maxwell
user: Maxwell
By Asura.Maxwell 2012-12-30 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is 2% away from haste cap without buying Huginn Gambieras.

I'm sure it has some conflicting factors because of all the Double/Triple/Quad attack proc percentages. Just trying to capitalize on the Quadruple attack.

I'm not sure where to go with this in regards of x-hit build it's pretty much a 6-hit no matter how I look at it and quite a bit away from becoming 5-hit. Which the multi-hit procs should make up for that.

Any thoughts here on adjustments? Thought I would throw it out for food for thought for all the DRKS out there seeking best of the best scenarios.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-30 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so in preparation for the nerf, phorcys leg and head should be enough to cover haste need from gear with LR up, not to mention both pieces got STP which is necessary without regain.

One quick thing, how do I combine the following scenarios in spellcast:

<if advanced='buffactive("Embrava") and buffactive("Haste")'>

and

<if advanced='buffactive("Victory March") and buffactive("Advancing March") and buffactive("Haste")'>

Basically either I have march x 2 + haste or embrava + haste, I want to put on the same set with LR up.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-30 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the karmic penalty of writing shortbus code in a shortbus language is minimal, so I'd probably just do something like this:
Code
<if buffactive="Embrava" buffactive="Haste">
    <equip when="Precast|Midcast" set="yourLRset" />
</if>
<elseif buffactive="Victory March" buffactive="Advancing March" buffactive="Haste">
    <equip when="Precast|Midcast" set="yourLRset" /> <!-- again... -->
</elseif>
<elseif>
    <!-- other stuff -->
</elseif>
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-30 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

so true lol, thank you.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-12-30 14:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna confirm that in spellcast there is only the buff march but no victory march and advancing march.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 50 51 52