Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-24 22:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Jem is correct, Head is the last Phorcys piece a DRK should get. For WAR or SAM it would be the 3rd piece to get.

I can't see why war would use phorcys legs for anything ever. Same goes for sam.

Puzzled where that comment came from?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-24 22:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jem is correct, Head is the last Phorcys piece a DRK should get. For WAR or SAM it would be the 3rd piece to get.

I can't see why war would use phorcys legs for anything ever. Same goes for sam.
There are five pieces in the set.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-24 23:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Puzzled where that comment came from?

It was actually directed at a post above yours, I mis quoted it, thought someone said take legs before feet on WAR.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
There are five pieces in the set.

I'm 15/15, but thanks for the heads up. ;)
 Asura.Loneshadow
Server: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2012-10-24 23:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Resolution getting nerfed?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-24 23:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlikely since they've specifically stated they don't plan to, but if current trends continue it will become more difficult to go all-out and thus the gap between Apoc and Ragnarok will likely close somewhat in practice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-11-08 22:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so im not very good with Drk when it comes to playing it. My friend wants to play it and has never touched anything past abyssea. Trying to help gear her/him so they are atleast able to hit stuff in voidwatch.

Gs is Oat. Plays on xbox so the gearswap thing is kinda limited to 5/6? slots right now. Trying to avoid anything with acc down since has to tp in bale body.

Tp/Sam

Reso

Anything really wrong here? I know atheling could be used on lower tier vnms but would rather hit then miss.
By Zeota 2012-11-08 23:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be ok on anything outside the upper tier VWNM (Alima etc.). A few simple upgrades pop out though. I'll try and stay away from VW or Nyzul stuff.

Reso
Head: Mekira-oto (HQ if they can afford it)
Body: Grim (+1 if available/affordable) and I've heard ace's mail works well in some situations.
Earring: Switch out bale with TP bonus moonshade if available
Hands: Avant +1 work fine until something else comes along.

Also pole grip.
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-11-08 23:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Those few pieces I understand would be better. Just having to pick for someone playing on xbox. The ws can only really change 5 or 6 pieces max. Trying to see which would be the biggest upgrades from tp set>ws.

Edit. Nvm pretty much got it now ty
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-09 00:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Those few pieces I understand would be better. Just having to pick for someone playing on xbox. The ws can only really change 5 or 6 pieces max. Trying to see which would be the biggest upgrades from tp set>ws.

Edit. Nvm pretty much got it now ty
The biggest upgrade you can do would be willingness to use more than 1 macro to swap into and out of your WS set. It's even easier than it was before since now you can setup your macros like this:

Line 1: Gear Swap
Line 2: Gear Swap
Line 3: Gear Swap
Line 4: gear Swap
Line 5: /echo Switching to 2nd Macro set
Line 6: /macro set #

You can then do this in the next set in the same spot so all you have to do is hit the same macro and you'll swap another set of armor. You can repeat this as needed just throw in a WS on the last one.

To go back you'd just go backwards through the sets, for example if you moved from 1 > 4 macro sets just do 4 > 1 on a different number (i.e. if you used Alt+1 use Ctrl+1) to swap back into your TP gear.

Not as fast as spellcast but the delay will be worth it in the long run.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 00:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I'm presently using (Ragnarok 99 btw)

TP I:

TP II (I usually use this one):

Hauberk is presently +2 INT (yeah...), Store TP +6, Double Attack +2%

Resolution:

I know I can do better than the Rajas for 2nd slot, but I have a lot of jobs and haven't really felt the ~2 STR I can put there justifies another inventory space -1... I'm still mulling that over lol
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-11-09 00:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3+2 Legs over Avant+1 Legs is the only thing that stands out in your Reso set, besides the obvious TP Bonus/ATT Moonshade.

For TP, Porthos kinda sucks as far as I know, and most of the time you either have some form of regain or enough haste to be able to drop Phorcys Head for AF3+2 Head, and quite possibly Ace's Feet for Phorcys Feet and AF3+2 Hands for Phorcys Hands.

edit: Oh, and Goading for Windbuffet, missed that one. With LR up, at least.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-09 06:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
AF3+2 Legs over Avant+1 Legs is the only thing that stands out in your Reso set, besides the obvious TP Bonus/ATT Moonshade.

As far as TP, Porthos kinda sucks as far as I know, and most of the time you either have some form of regain or enough haste to be able to drop Phorcys Head for AF3+2 Head, and quite possibly Ace's Feet for Phorcys Feet and AF3+2 Hands for Phorcys Hands.

im pretty sure hes just saying "you need a capped magic haste set" which will cover you for 3/4 of your fight time due to lr timer

i was using your tp1 set for the longest time in nni, but dropped the set after some debating in other threads. your tp2 set i imagine is mainly or should only be for /sam, dont need to change a thing unless you want to go the extra mile, in which case you could comfortably switch to the 4stp 3haste acc+ boots (wrathsomethin)

heres my current non xhit build for regain lr down

just obviously swap apoc and rose for rag and pole ^^;

and on the tp switch i had thought about it, in things like nni youre better off with the maximum average than the lucky procs, also yes a 2nd pyrosoul all the way, why get rag99 and not max the dmg?

edit: anyone have a good dps calc or spreed sheet that can compare his tp1 set against various ebody builds? his tp1 set is extremely common on our server
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-09 08:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as TP, Porthos kinda sucks as far as I know, and most of the time you either have some form of regain or enough haste to be able to drop Phorcys Head for AF3+2 Head, and quite possibly Ace's Feet for Phorcys Feet and AF3+2 Hands for Phorcys Hands.

azy doesn't step foot in abyssea :p
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My moonshade is Refresh/Macc... Extremely heavy DD are quite common in my event shell, so my mage jobs tend to see action more than my DD jobs do.

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
also yes a 2nd pyrosoul all the way, why get rag99 and not max the dmg?

As far as the 2nd pyrosoul, I'll probably snag one here at some point- aside from my crappy excuse of inventory space limitations, I was kind of holding out for a strigoi... I'm sure the difference between strigoi and pyrosoul isn't game-changing though, and I can always resell it.

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
azy doesn't step foot in abyssea :p

What's this "abyssea" of which you speak?
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-11-09 10:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
im pretty sure hes just saying "you need a capped magic haste set" which will cover you for 3/4 of your fight time due to lr timer

Yea, pretty much...

LR oughta be up pretty much 100% of the time in Legion if you do it, so there's no reason not to have an LR set.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 10:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

LR oughta be up pretty much 100% of the time in Legion if you do it, so there's no reason not to have an LR set.

If I ever do Legion and I'm not on smn, I'll keep that in mind xD

I'm usually smn with rare appearances made by my cor... And when PD goes to skill instead of MP my fate will be sealed as smn for life...
Eh, I don't mind... My only *** about smn is the complete and total lack of DD potential it has. Aside from not having a mythic staff, my smn has pretty top notch gear, and the dmg output is nothing shy of sad.

Physical Pact

Magical Pact

Even with decent gear the numbers are still poor... But I digress.

And no pyrsouls on AH atm! Lol
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-11-09 10:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess there's a first for everything!

DRK THREAD = SMN THREAD.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-09 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »

If I ever do Legion and I'm not on smn, I'll keep that in mind xD

I'm usually smn with rare appearances made by my cor... And when PD goes to skill instead of MP my fate will be sealed as smn for life...
Eh, I don't mind... My only *** about smn is the complete and total lack of DD potential it has. Aside from not having a mythic staff, my smn has pretty top notch gear, and the dmg output is nothing shy of sad.

Physical Pact

Magical Pact

Even with decent gear the numbers are still poor... But I digress.

And no pyrsouls on AH atm! Lol
now, im no expert, but im pretty sure you cant use resolution in those sets o.o; now shattersoul...
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 10:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did say I digressed :P

I occasionally stray off point, but no harm done I'd imagine.

So your recommendation for LR is to cram as much multi-hit gear in as possible? I made this GS for fun time on WAR. I'll freely admit I burned my DRK (I had capped magic skills from BLM, and capped combat skills from WAR), so I really haven't spent much time overall playing it yet to get a hang of the intricacies of the job- most of the time I've spent playing DRK has been in VW.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-09 10:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

to sum it up ya lol

last resort caps ja haste at 25% so no need for hasso
with magic haste cap at 43.3 you only need 12% gear haste on drk to cap at 80% so assuming no acc problems the goal is generally to stack up multihit to maximize ws rate

theres lots of examples posted throughout the thread
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 10:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So would something like this be a decent setup? Puts me at the 12% gear haste mark you recommended.

I have the +2 items for AF3 head, but never bothered farming the seals... I need to do that apparently.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-09 11:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when you finish the af3 head youd do better in white dmg to use that, armaberk and phorcys legs

for the time being though that set isnt terrible in most cases that you would have embrava (all but legion really)
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-09 11:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. I thank you for the input.

I'll make some tweaks the more I can get out there and experiment on the job :)
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-09 11:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

np, hit me up sometime in game if you have more questions! been drk main since '08 :p
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-11-28 23:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a good alternative for Dilaram's Sollerets until I get them?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-28 23:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented Heca +1 feet can end up being better than Sollerets, so you could go straight for those. Otherwise, just use AF3+2 feet.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-11-29 00:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got Ragnarok today and was thinking if anyone can give tell me what's the fastest method of finishing up trials(atleast for the 200-400 kills and finishing blows), which zone, job and sub and atma's(if in Abyssea)?
 Asura.Jem
Server: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-11-29 01:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming solo

200 Birds WS'es - Abyss LaTheine (Apoc, Alpha/Omega, Mounted Champion)
200 Beasts Killshots - Uleg Range Rabbits + Tigers
300 Aquan Killshots - Kuftal / Bohyada / Vunkerl Crabs
300 Undead Killshots - Eldieme Basement dropdown H I think (Northern most drop), Skeles + Shades + Ghosts (18 spawns on 5 min repop I think)
400 Arcana Killshots - Ro'Maeve

Not necessarily the best but pretty sure that's an easyish route. I just did it DRK/SAM. DRK/RDM may be an alternative if completely solo, some zones have GoV in though that you can get haste from.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-29 01:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jem said: »
Assuming solo

200 Birds WS'es - Abyss LaTheine (Apoc, Alpha/Omega, Mounted Champion)
200 Beasts Killshots - Uleg Range Rabbits + Tigers
300 Aquan Killshots - Kuftal / Bohyada / Vunkerl Crabs
300 Undead Killshots - Eldieme Basement dropdown H I think (Northern most drop), Skeles + Shades + Ghosts (18 spawns on 5 min repop I think)
400 Arcana Killshots - Ro'Maeve

Not necessarily the best but pretty sure that's an easyish route. I just did it DRK/SAM. DRK/RDM may be an alternative if completely solo, some zones have GoV in though that you can get haste from.

You can change up all of those to abyssea zones if you care to as well. Beast kill shots you can do rabbits in aby vunk. Undead are in chasm, aquans are obviously all over m. coast, and arcana you can do detectors in altepa or ule range.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2012-11-29 02:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a whm mule to follow you, I'd say go war and ride out retaliation for the quicker kills
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52