Link | Quote | Reply

zomg how dare you, etc etc etc!
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 12:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you not have inv space on drk ? Do you still bring ALL your apoc gear ?
Also wich legs do you use if it's not those with Vaillant/Latitude/LR/march march haste ? Calmecac ? stick with Phorcys ?
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-31 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
How do you not have inv space on drk ? Do you still bring ALL your apoc gear ?
Also wich legs do you use if it's not those with Vaillant/Latitude/LR/march march haste ? Calmecac ? stick with Phorcys ?

You never know if you'll have buffs or which buffs you'll have so you bring sets.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 12:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you not have inv space on drk ? Do you still bring ALL your apoc gear ? Also wich legs do you use if it's not those with Vaillant/Latitude/LR/march march haste ? Calmecac ? stick with Phorcys ?

How do you? I'm at 70 even if i keep my meds and food in sack. That's just DT, idle, tp, dark magic, and ws. Oh and twilight mail/helm for zombie.
***I wish I had 80 more slots, and I'd easily fill it too.

*starts daydreaming*

I can conceiveably think of quite a few sets that someone might have:
Scythe tp
GS tp
entropy and/or cata gear
resolution gear
DT gear (mdt/pdt seperate sets depending on what gear you have / the room you have)
idle/movespeed
dark magic gear
nuke/impact gear (666 mp required min)
Dreadspikes / hp+ gear
loltorcleaver gear
enfeebling gear / sleep gear
"wakemeupfromsleeping" pieces

I'm not saying that a vast majority of that gear isn't situational or a luxury to have, but I'm also saying it's completely confusing to me to be strolling around with "copious amounts of pocket room".
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I run around with usually mid 50s slots using:
TP (With march)
TP (Without March)
WS
PDT
MDT
Dark Magic

I guess I'm just not cool enough and don't carry around Impact gear.
Edit: To Qilin. If I'm planning on fighting something in which I need Accuracy I bring different TP sets. No real reason to bring something I have absolutely no chance of needing to certain fights.
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-08-31 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you not have inv space on drk ?
Do you still bring ALL your apoc gear ?

There're things called elemental weapon skills ,other things called magics , other things called meds , another thing called food, aswell drk can wield Axe , GA , Sword , Scythe.

So yeah not everyone on Asura uses a lvl 95 Ragnarok, runs on 200 scythe skill, wears a porthos byrnie , casts spell in ws gears or even remotly has just one ws/tp set.

And yes implying that you should have a proper set for everything stated above is the right way to play Drk because if you think your only purpose is "to spamm Resolution only" you can just change to Bst and go spamm Reward on everything you fight.

Apocalypse is a great weapon , unless you're fighting undead the only problem of Scythe it has no ws "To make real damage".

So let's move on.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 13:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoyou said: »
So yeah not everyone on Asura uses a lvl 95 Ragnarok, runs on 200 scythe skill, wears a porthos byrnie , casts spell in ws gears or even remotly has just one ws/tp set.

marry me
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 13:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For VW I only bother to carry

GSTP LR up/down
Reso High/low eva
DT (my DT set is like 46-47 PDT and cap mdt so I only bring one)
dark magic
blood cuisses
A scythe to proc.

As for not knowing buff, I make my own pt or when I ask to join a shout, I ask before getting invited if I'm gonna be in brd+cor pt, if not I'll decline the invitation.

And serious question, wich legs do you guys use if it's not whirldwind when capped delay ? calmecac ? Phorcys to keep your x-hit build ?

EDIt:
Yoyou have fun casting imapct and using infernal sycthe on drk.

You guys are pretty much advocating set for useless ws/spell on VW over (very) minimal upgrade on your main damage weaponskill ?
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-31 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For VW I only bother to carry

GSTP LR up/down
Reso High/low eva
DT (my DT set is like 46-47 PDT and cap mdt so I only bring one)
dark magic
blood cuisses
A scythe to proc.

As for not knowing buff, I make my own pt or when I ask to join a shout, I ask before getting invited if I'm gonna be in brd+cor pt, if not I'll decline the invitation.

And serious question, wich legs do you guys use if it's not whirldwind when capped delay ? calmecac ? Phorcys to keep your x-hit build ?

EDIt:
Yoyou have fun casting imapct and using infernal sycthe on drk.

You guys are pretty much advocating set for useless ws/spell on VW over (very) minimal upgrade on your main damage weaponskill ?

what kind of good drk doesnt carry nuking/impact gear wtf? get with the times ccl
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 13:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And yes implying that you should have a proper set for everything stated above is the right way to play Drk because if you think your only purpose is "to spamm Resolution only" you can just change to Bst and go spamm Reward on everything you fight.
I would rather take a Drk that spams Resolution than one that switches to an Axe or casts Impact.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 13:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIt: Yoyou have fun casting imapct and using infernal sycthe on drk. You guys are pretty much advocating set for useless ws/spell on VW over (very) minimal upgrade on your main damage weaponskill ?

Impact scythe has a chance to stagger. I don't know how many times I've failed a prov run with a shout group because some clown was too *** proud of their "VW PARSE RESULTS (lol)" to swap weapons or stop spamming the damage ws. I also wasn't specifically refering to VW about impact.... I'd be incredibly helpful to pop one off during legion.

I'm not saying you suck if you don't run around with full gear but don't be lazy either. I at least keep axe/ga/sword etc in my satchel in case the pld or war is a dipshit and we get desperate for a fanatics etc.

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
I would rather take a Drk that spams Resolution than one that switches to an Axe or casts Impact.

and this is why people fail PW
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-31 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

thats the sch's job not the dark to impact for mul, keep trying!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 13:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not blaming people for using scythe ws to proc, I'm blaming people for advocating a SET for elemental ws, doing 50 or 300 dmg on a proc ws isn't going to make you win/lose PW.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-31 13:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Impact scythe has a chance to stagger.
Doesn't mean you need to carry around special gear for Infernal Scythe. Using ***that's already in your inventory is of course an entirely different matter.

Quote:
I'd be incredibly helpful to pop one off during legion.
SCHs should be casting ES Impact, not the DRK(s).

Seriously, anybody who isn't Taru is going to have to equip MP gear and pop meds just to be able to cast the damn spell. Have a mage do it. I'm all for gearing to the teeth but there are some sets that just are not a priority over core sets like TP/WS/-DT/Dark skill.
[+]
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-08-31 13:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I've no doubts you do , since all you can do is spamm Resolution and not even proc EV GS.

So that's the main reason to bring multiple weapons to VWNM because there're useless players like you.

Asura.Kese said: »
For VW

EDIt:
Yoyou have fun casting imapct and using infernal sycthe on drk.111

what kind of good drk doesnt carry nuking/impact gear wtf? get with the times ccl

<set name="GSMABWS">
<ammo>Bomb core</ammo>
<head>Twilight Helm</head>
<neck>Shadow gorget</neck>
<lear>Novio earring</lear>
<rear>Hecate's earring</rear>
<body>Phorcys Korazin</body>
<hands>Phorcys Mitts</hands>
<lring>Omega ring</lring>
<rring>Rajas ring</rring>
<back>Atheling Mantle</back>
<waist>Shadow Belt</waist>
<legs>Phorcys Dirs</legs>
<feet>Bale Sollerets +2</feet>

<set name="Elemental">
<ammo></ammo>
<head></head>
<neck>Stoicheion Medal</neck>
<lear>Novio earring</lear>
<rear>Hecate's earring</rear>
<body>Porchys korazin</body>
<hands>Bale Gauntlets +2</hands>
<lring>Diamond ring</lring>
<rring>Omega ring</rring>
<back>Merciful cape</back>
<waist>Ninurta's sash</waist>
<legs>Homam cosciales</legs>
<feet>Enif Gambieras</feet>

Just 2 expample.

Making 500 dmg instead of 120 for "Infernal scythe" or "Shadow of Death" or any ele weapon skill you've to do is bad , I know right.

Where in the case you can't ingage a mob but you can cast on it doing 30 dmgs from thunder 3 is better than doing 500 dmgs.

Play a game the right way is different than being advocated to bring "useless" Sets.

Sorry Kese I don't cast Impact :(
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

When can you not engage a mob and cast on it as drk ?

And how do you have so much space to bring nuking gear/elemental ws gear but not low/high eva resoluton gear?
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-08-31 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not blaming people for using scythe ws to proc, I'm blaming people for advocating a SET for elemental ws, doing 50 or 300 dmg on a proc ws isn't going to make you win/lose PW.

#logicislogic

Doing more damage for every WS/spell you perform isn't going to help you kill enemies , so your statment is right I'm done here.
 Asura.Kese
By Asura.Kese 2012-08-31 13:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you're right, i forget thats why we were given Occult Acumen, derp.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 13:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

#logicislogic

Doing more damage for every WS/spell you perform isn't going to help you kill enemies , so your statment is right I'm done here.

You won I agree, keep casting those spell like a boss, I'll keep focusing on having multiple set for my main source of damage.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 14:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Impact scythe has a chance to stagger.
Doesn't mean you need to carry around special gear for Infernal Scythe. Using ***that's already in your inventory is of course an entirely different matter.
Quote:
I'd be incredibly helpful to pop one off during legion.
SCHs should be casting ES Impact, not the DRK(s). Seriously, anybody who isn't Taru is going to have to equip MP gear and pop meds just to be able to cast the damn spell. Have a mage do it. I'm all for gearing to the teeth but there are some sets that just are not a priority over core sets like TP/WS/-DT/Dark skill.

I don't carry special gear for impact but I also don't NOT CARRY A SCYTHE out of some false sense of getting a gold start for winning a lolvw parse instead of properly staggering when needed.

As for impact, I dont carry gear for it myself but you could theoretically have a seperate macro for "put on +mp gear and then entropy". I have enough gear to net the 666 using just ogier/enif stuff from DT sets and stun. I gets I'm argueing in a circle at this point. I originally was just saying "you shouldn't be sitting on 40 inventory" and somehow that means I only spam infernal scythe to him.

*edit* The first mention of infernal scythe in this line of arguement i see is whatshisface trying to be tongue in cheek about carrying a scythe (ie justify not using one). I think everyone grasped that as someone intentionally bringing seperate gear JUST for infernal. Although, if you're using spellcast already I don't see any reason NOT to make a set for it (although it's a bit OCD if you do lol).
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 14:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I've ever lost a VW fight was because of lack of damage, not because of lack of procs. I'm not sure how you build your alliances Yoyou, must be doing it really wrong, personally I build them with Two proc PTs and one Damage PT. Generally the mage proc PT is enough but the DD proc PT is a safety net that allows me to never really worry about procing something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like axe on Drk. The ideal situation would be people think for themselves and proc things like Weapon Bash or EV/HV Gsword when it's absolutely needed, but I'd much much much rather take someone spamming one WS than one switching to useless weapons and wasting the Brd and Cor buffs I gave them by putting them in my main PT. The situation is different if you have extremely low damage though and spamming a WS won't really matter, which may be why you have no success with this tactic.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 14:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a shot at all (i swear), I'm genuinely asking. Failaras, have you ever been to a Provenance Watcher run? I've literally never seen one go to lack of damage. It's ALWAYS someone can't handle a proc properly (or refuses to), someone is a retard at stunning, or the mages wont nuke their thingies (the uh fetter things). In 30 mins there is absolutely no way I can see DPS being the reason you fail.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 14:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't a shot at all (i swear), I'm genuinely asking. Failaras, have you ever been to a Provenance Watcher run? I've literally never seen one go to lack of damage. It's ALWAYS someone can't handle a proc properly (or refuses to), someone is a retard at stunning, or the mages wont nuke their thingies (the uh fetter things). In 30 mins there is absolutely no way I can see DPS being the reason you fail.
Yes I have. I've never lost one though.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-31 14:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's too easy then. SE should bring harder contents.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 14:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

I mean you only really need like....2-3 procs total if you zerg it, and you don't exactly need much damage to zerg it either.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-31 14:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you only really need like....2-3 procs total if you zerg it, and you don't exactly need much damage to zerg it either.

By Mizzrym 2012-08-31 14:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you need to take better DDs...the only reason to fail PW is fail stunners or fail fetter killers (the cors/blm/rng). I have killed PW a few times with absolutely 0 procs. If you have really good dds, don't 'need' procs. I'm not advocating ignoring procs if your ally needs them, but if you take TOP-TIER DDs (who do 80-90k+ in the first 90 seconds), you won't need a single proc, just stun. There is a huge disparity in the quality of DDs in this game, but even a WAR with NO 2hr, or a drk spamming reso, they should do atleast 50k in the first 90 seconds. parsed atleast 15 PWs (low, but my numbers are very solid and always atleast 85k+ for MS war in first 90 seconds. 90-100k in first 90 seconds usually)

total dmg on war is around 107-117k dmg (depending on other DDs in ally).

dd pt 1
WAR
WAR/DRK
DRK
WHM
COR
BRD

ddpt 2
MNK
THF
DD
whm
cor
brd

pt3
blm
sch
nin
rng
mage/proc
mage/proc w/e

In summary, both points of view have merit, it depends on the quality of your DDs. Just because someone has 99 ragnarok, doesn't mean they are good. I often 2x or 3x the dmg of identically geared people. Just comes down to how fast someone can press buttons.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-31 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bare min you'll have

Idol
TP
TP capped haste
TP SE
WS
FC
DM
PDT
MDT

You have to carry Bale legs, the difference between Bale legs vs whirlwind (everything capped) is less then a %. If everything is capped that % isn't making a difference, if everything isn't capped bale+2 is a far superior choice. Its your 10dollars yadayada

If you are sitting in the mid 50s you are gimping yourself somewhere, which explains a lot.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you are sitting in the mid 50s you are gimping yourself somewhere, which explains a lot.
I'm always looking to improve my play and ungimp myself, please tell me how I don't carry all the important relevant sets for the content I do and what kind of Impact sets I should be carrying.
Also the only set you carry that I don't is Fast Cast, guess I'm super gimp.
 Asura.Yoyou
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-08-31 15:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »
you're right, i forget thats why we were given Occult Acumen, derp.

Not sure if you're pulling a Vinner or you ever played drk outside of VWNM but hey ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

#logicislogic

You won I agree, keep casting those spell like a boss, I'll keep focusing on having multiple set for my main source of damage.

Actually I agree with you more so start to recheck your Samurai sets before caring about your Dark Knight since SAM>DRK last I checked.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 50 51 52