Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 50 51 52
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-24 18:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking down 'GS vs. Scythe' to 'Resolution vs. Entropy' is plebeian.

Actually build a Stardiver set, and then actually build an Entropy set. Don't be silly and forget Abyss+2 hands and whatnot. Try to keep the accuracy and attack values in the same ballpark, and then include weapon base damage. This should suffice to show you the difference is not gearing or the INT mod. They are dead even in performance when you're not using silly things like Heafoc hands.

And then it's "STFU and use Drakesbane" just like "STFU and use Resolution", I'm not arguing that in the slightest.

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Entropy was the best Scythe WS
Not like that's a hard metric to beat ...
Pretty much this. It still beats 99-boosted Catastrophe for raw damage, what more you gonna ask for when one weapon can refill your HP or MP every seventeen seconds or so?
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-24 18:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Entropy was the best Scythe WS

Not like that's a hard metric to beat ...

It's like that time I got an A+ in a class with a 47 average because the next highest average was a 22.

Just stick to what you do best : give numbers, do the maths. You really don't need to give an opinion.
 Diabolos.Yugl
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-08-24 18:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya Sylow, shut up. Calculators don't give opinions.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-24 18:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

See, you guys think I'm all hardcore numbers and then when I'm actually playing I'll do things like use random inferior WS because I'm tired of looking at the same animation.

I have emotions, I swear.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-24 19:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

great Sword coming out with Spinning Slash dmg+40%, using it 24/7
[+]
By Zeota 2012-08-27 12:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sounds legit!
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-28 19:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sounds legit!
It's actually true and funny. Makes it a 1.5x attack bonused 3.5-4.9 fTP with still crappy mods though.

Inb4 SE adds mobs with 1k+ defense and DRK is the new SAM with this weapon.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-29 04:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just had a very interesting experience I am looking for some insight into! Basically I was doing Qilin tonight with an extremely good Drk using Fulgurante while I was using 95 Ragnarok. The thing that really confused me was that in most of our parses my Ragnarok was doing lower average resolutions than his Fulgurante. Most the time we were within around 200 damage of eachother, and one or two parses I did come out above him, but overall I was baffled by how little my Ragnaroks 29 more base damage was mattering. Some background for if anyone wants to enter this stuff into a spreadsheet or math it out: We had Minuet + Chaos Roll, same food, used Souleater on the same fights, ect.
Our sets are:

He used better WS atmacites which I think is one of the main factors (but still 29 base damage!). These atmacites were: Latitude, Valiant, Discipline. I used Valiant, Discipline, Coercion.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-29 05:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

(104+11+181)*4.90625 = 1452

(133+14+178)*4.75 = 1543

Gonna guess he overflowed often. Are you sure he didn't use x2 TP bonus atmacites?
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-08-29 05:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Discipline, Valiant, Latitude. We were getting miser's roll so that's why I used Discipline. Also was Strigoi + Pyrosoul if that makes much of a difference. Overflow often with the OaT actually.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-29 22:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

29 base damage on top of ~140 WSC is why it doesn't matter so much. It's about 12% more base WS damage while double TP bonus atmacites are gonna add 13.6%
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-30 02:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
So I just had a very interesting experience I am looking for some insight into! Basically I was doing Qilin tonight with an extremely good Drk using Fulgurante while I was using 95 Ragnarok. The thing that really confused me was that in most of our parses my Ragnarok was doing lower average resolutions than his Fulgurante. Most the time we were within around 200 damage of eachother, and one or two parses I did come out above him, but overall I was baffled by how little my Ragnaroks 29 more base damage was mattering. Some background for if anyone wants to enter this stuff into a spreadsheet or math it out: We had Minuet + Chaos Roll, same food, used Souleater on the same fights, ect.
Our sets are:

He used better WS atmacites which I think is one of the main factors (but still 29 base damage!). These atmacites were: Latitude, Valiant, Discipline. I used Valiant, Discipline, Coercion.

We want to see the numbers.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-30 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also whoever is the whm main focus during souleater(unless you timed it to souleater on different time) gonna ws harder!
 Asura.Blackrock
By Asura.Blackrock 2012-08-30 13:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

he have also have beter gear for ws
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-30 20:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
29 base damage on top of ~140 WSC is why it doesn't matter so much. It's about 12% more base WS damage while double TP bonus atmacites are gonna add 13.6%
That is really interesting, I overestimated base damage quite a bit it would seem.

Quote:
We want to see the numbers.
I don't save parses, maybe he has them.

Quote:
he have also have beter gear for ws
Wrong, especially since he said it was a Strigoi instead of a Pyrosoul
 Bahamut.Illyst
Server: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2012-08-30 20:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stirgoi > rajas
Bale+2 > whirlwind
Mekira +1 > nq

How is that not better ws gear? Only thing you have over him is moonshade(assuming tp bonus).
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-30 20:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Illyst said: »
Stirgoi > rajas
Bale+2 > whirlwind
Mekira +1 > nq

How is that not better ws gear? Only thing you have over him is moonshade(assuming tp bonus).
Whirlwind > Bale+2 for capped attack targets like Qilin. Moonshade will easily make up for the difference in STR that Mekira+1 and Strig make. Plus pole grip.
 Asura.Blackrock
By Asura.Blackrock 2012-08-31 05:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

depend how many dusty wing u got and if u switch earring at 300 tp
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-08-31 06:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If the damage was only minor then it could easily be something like getting luckier with multihits and/or more hits landing with Souleater up. Or you being blinded more or something stupid like that.

By virtue of Ragna's lower delay, you're also more likely to have less HP come WS time.

It's really hard to judge over something short like a Qilin since even with the same gear you'll see quite a large variance in damage.

EDIT: Just checked my last two sets of Qilin parses and there's a ~10% variance in WS damage with identical gear/set-up. And both of those were without Souleater usage (was deliberate) which is usually responsible for large variances.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 07:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blackrock said: »
lol

Quote:
If the damage was only minor then it could easily be something like getting luckier with multihits and/or more hits landing with Souleater up. Or you being blinded more or something stupid like that.
This is what I originally thought, the parses did tend to vary tremendously. That said I also overestimated how much 29 base damage will add over 50 TP bonus atmacite.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-31 09:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

/facepalm on people still using Whirlwind on anything except fodder. (even then wtf)

The risk/reward is completely in the favor of Bale+2. I swear people use them just because they have them.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 11:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
/facepalm on people still using Whirlwind on anything except fodder. (even then wtf)

The risk/reward is completely in the favor of Bale+2. I swear people use them just because they have them.
There is pretty much zero risk of not being capped Attack/Accuracy on Qilin.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-31 11:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If I did'nt have Apoc and were only using GS, I'd probably have room for minor situational upgrade-pieces like whirlwind aswell, but I think I'd rather mostly use the extra space for a proper dark magic set :P
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-08-31 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait you consider Qilin not fodder ?

How long since you did it ?

Or do you math VW mob w/o considering stalwart/braver/atmacite ?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-31 11:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't be using Dusty Wings with a greatsword, not that it has anything to do with Bale v Whirlwind.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-31 11:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Shouldn't be using Dusty Wings with a greatsword, not that it has anything to do with Bale v Whirlwind.

Shouldn't have time to use Dusty wings anyway with a GS or a scythe.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-31 12:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

While I'm quite confident ACC/ATT is capped (stats on the spreadsheets are estimates, but ACC has been parsed) with those buffs there is still zero reason to use whirlwind. Maybe you guys have more inventory slots then me.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm quite confident ACC/ATT is capped (stats on the spreadsheets are estimates, but ACC has been parsed) with those buffs there is still zero reason to use whirlwind. Maybe you guys have more inventory slots then me.
I've never had inventory problems on Drk, usually have tons of extra space for VW junk out the wazoo in fact.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-31 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had inventory problems on Drk, usually have tons of extra space for VW junk out the wazoo in fact.

Lucky.
I have to gimp either my GS sets or my Scythe sets, can't have everything for both.
That's with a really gimp dark magic set.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 12:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Lucky.
I have to gimp either my GS sets or my Scythe sets, can't have everything for both.
That's with a really gimp dark magic set.
Another reason not to make an Apoc! (inc fun)
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 50 51 52