Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52
 Phoenix.Isttahl
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: isttahl
By Phoenix.Isttahl 2012-08-17 14:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, First off I wanna start off by saying I do not have neo nyzule gear or any of the arch omega gear yet. I have plans to start working on them soon. With neo nyzule being first on the list. I am trying to tweak my set for dark to get the most out of what I have. I was finally able to get an E body and just had it augmented.

This is what I'm currently looking to use to take advantage of E body.

Ragnarok (90 should be 95 tonight), pole grip, Hagneia stone
Bale Burgeonet +2/rancor collar/bale ear/brutal ear
armada hauby/bale gauntlets +2/tyrant's ring/rajas ring
atheling mantle/phasmida belt/ace's hose/ace's leggings

I have the following augments on armada store tp 6 double attack 3.

I have not gotten mala neck from hahava yet. With the set I am short of camping haste. My question would be without neo or arch omega gear what are some tweaks I can make to my tp set? Is it worth giving up bale burgeonet for the 8 percent tiara? Any info is appreciated.

If it matters I am looking to start neo soon and to make a 6 hit for ragnarok. Thank you in advance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-17 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm on and not doing anything Cloud, send a tell. I can gear up BST and do the fight. I also know a friend that needs it.
 Cerberus.Cloudkiller
By Cerberus.Cloudkiller 2012-08-17 14:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
If I'm on and not doing anything Cloud, send a tell. I can gear up BST and do the fight. I also know a friend that needs it.

Sweet. ^^ I may take you up on that.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-17 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Isttahl said: »
Hey everyone, First off I wanna start off by saying I do not have neo nyzule gear or any of the arch omega gear yet. I have plans to start working on them soon. With neo nyzule being first on the list. I am trying to tweak my set for dark to get the most out of what I have. I was finally able to get an E body and just had it augmented.

This is what I'm currently looking to use to take advantage of E body.

armada hauby/bale gauntlets +2/tyrant's ring/rajas ring
atheling mantle/phasmida belt/ace's hose/ace's leggings

I have the following augments on armada store tp 6 double attack 3.

I have not gotten mala neck from hahava yet. With the set I am short of camping haste. My question would be without neo or arch omega gear what are some tweaks I can make to my tp set? Is it worth giving up bale burgeonet for the 8 percent tiara? Any info is appreciated.

If it matters I am looking to start neo soon and to make a 6 hit for ragnarok. Thank you in advance.

Zelus/rancor collar/bale ear/brutal ear
armada hauby/bale gauntlets +2/blitz/rajas ring
atheling mantle/phasmida belt/homam/calc/ace's leggings

or

ace's/ogier/bale gauntlets +2/tyrant's ring/rajas ring
atheling mantle/goading/homam/calc/homam/ace's
 Phoenix.Isttahl
user: isttahl
By Phoenix.Isttahl 2012-08-17 15:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your reply, looks like I will be going after zelus tiara tonight and picking up a blitz ring till I finish neo. Thank you again taint.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-21 16:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed that many VW groups I've joined have started shying away from using Misers roll and instead opt for Chaos + Fighters. So I'm wondering, what is the optimal 3rd atmacite (replacing Discipline) to pair with Coercion + Valiant. Also for Fodder content if the optimal Atmacites change between things like Qilin and Prov Watcher.

I'm mainly looking at Latitude or Depths (I don't care about the Sphere really) but I might have missed some.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-21 16:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I've noticed that many VW groups I've joined have started shying away from using Misers roll and instead opt for Chaos + Fighters. So I'm wondering, what is the optimal 3rd atmacite (replacing Discipline) to pair with Coercion + Valiant. Also for Fodder content if the optimal Atmacites change between things like Qilin and Prov Watcher.

I'm mainly looking at Latitude or Depths (I don't care about the Sphere really) but I might have missed some.

You got it: Latitude would be the 3rd.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-21 17:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You got it: Latitude would be the 3rd.
That makes my HP very sad, oh well at least I already have latitude near maxed.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-08-21 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Coercion vs. Dark Designs?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-21 17:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Coercion vs. Dark Designs?

Dark designs according to the spreadsheet by 2% with acc capped. Probably about the same in practice depending on how lucky you are with the regain tics.
By lghaze 2012-08-22 08:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a definitive optimal tp/ws set for rag?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-22 08:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lghaze said: »

There are 34 pages before this illustrating why this question is too vague.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-22 12:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course there is, but to be optimal you only need one set! No need to bother with pesky macros just use this set and you will deal super much damages
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-22 12:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*itemset*

[+]
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
Server: Bahamut
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2012-08-22 12:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashman couldn't have said it better... Seriously?! Drk cant even equip the twilight belt and Sattva over Rajas..really?! And don't get me started on Perle f/t @.@
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-22 12:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

that's the joke
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2012-08-22 13:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

eikechii said: »
I wouldn't waste time with GS honestly. Just stick to scythe. The damage output is way better, but keep a great sword handy for procs.

Oh noes, not another Apoc V.S. Ragnarok discussion again...in a thread titled "Drk Resolution GS / Builds"..

Not sure if you're trolling :)
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-08-22 14:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fake Person said:
I wouldn't waste time with GS honestly. Just stick to scythe. The damage output is way better, but keep a great sword handy for procs.

How long were you gone? Great sword has long since caught up to scythe. In some cases, mainly those not involving Apocalypse, great sword can pull ahead. Especially Ragnarok or OAT with Resolution.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-22 14:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Fake Person said:

How long were you gone? Great sword has long since caught up to scythe. In some cases, mainly those not involving Apocalypse, great sword can pull ahead. Especially Ragnarok or OAT with Resolution.

Ragnarok yes OAT no.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-08-22 14:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Fake Person said:

Ragnarok yes OAT no.

OAT, yes.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-22 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you seem to not understand how Drk works and think that the itemset I posted may be "trolling" or not the optimal set. I will post the reasoning as to every piece so that you may be educated on how Drk works.
  • The Perle pieces: Perle is one of the best sets in the game, as you can see by the great amount of people that use it. It also comes from abyssea which is the event Drk excels at the most so it was basically custom tailored for Drk.

• The rings: Drk is a frontline job meaning that it is meant to tank and keep hate off the mages, enmity is absolutely essential for playing Drk

• The earrings: Drk is a frontline job meaning that it is meant to deal damage and not take hate as they will surely die if they do, -enmity is absolutely essential for playing Drk.

• Amemet Mantle +1: Some would say that Atheling mantle belongs in this slot, but they don't realize how important STR is for raising Scourge damage

• Ragnarok: This has nothing to do with Damage, Crit, Accuracy, or 2.5x procs. The Ragnarok is a staple of Drk because of Scourge. Unlike its lesser cousin, Resolution, Scourge has two mods while resolution only has one making it a weaker WS.

• Homam Legs: Calmecac are ugly so Homam are the best

• Twilight Belt: This is obvious I really hope you can understand by yourself why twilight belt is the best belt for Drk

• Raider's Boomerang: Drk is a DD job meaning it is meant to do damage, being in melee range on mobs with debuffs like Slowga will destroy your ability to do damage. Not only are ranged weapons not affected by slow but they allow you to do damage out of range of even being hit by said slow

[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-22 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-22 14:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, Yoda :(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-22 14:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Calmecac trousers look awesome. Love them cowboy pants.
 Bahamut.Blackdeamon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blackdeamon 2012-08-22 14:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i think youre really fail @ Failaras :D
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-22 16:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Alryc said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Fake Person said:

Ragnarok yes OAT no.

OAT, yes.

well you fail.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-22 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course there is, but to be optimal you only need one set! No need to bother with pesky macros just use this set and you will deal super much damages

Where is your swift belt?
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-22 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fake Person said:

(Image Removed: Profanity)

+14~% crit rate, coupled with far superior raw damage WS based on STR mod, when DRK has better STR/atk options than INT/atk ones?

I have INT merits and even I'm not going around toting that Apocalypse is better for pure damage over Ragnarok. Both viable on some things, sure. Both able to do respectable damage, ok. But apocalypse being better than Ragnarok at the moment for damage, no.

Apocalypse does shine very brightly in a few niche things, the Odin II fight being one of them (if you are a main DD on Odin) as you are constantly getting dispelled so the AM is a bit more valuable.

Low manning things, running off on your own during nyzul, Ballista, doing missions, soloing any-mob that won't one shot you. But when it comes to pure max buffed DEEPS they aren't even close, especially when both are pushed to their max potential.

Resolution is just too good.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 50 51 52