Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52
By fyreus 2012-05-04 04:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the set i'm working on. I was thinking about the mala but i was thinking it would take forever for a 4hit to occur as well.

This puts me at 90tp at 5hits (17.0tp/hit 6.03 delay without moonshade acc/regain) and the earring gives 10tp+ if there's a DA (working on the earring atm ; ;) this is my /war build incase anyone's wondering where the acc went.

Hopefully i can come across the DA ammo or find something else to put in it's place. The set also says i have 24.61 haste but i don't think i'd notice a 1.4 haste missing tbh. If i had the willingness to work on an Occ.att GS i would but knowing SE, they'd nerf it the moment i got it to lv90 lol.

If any extra acc is needed i swap out the body/ring for aces/acc ring and i'm looking for DA feet if possible for an extra 32 acc. There's tons of acc items laying around from other classes.

*edit* think i'm gonna man up and get an adaberk/adaman hauberk and work on augments. The more i look at it, the less i want to put anything else on plus it seems like a space saver...
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-05-04 05:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fyreus said: »

Here's the set i'm working on. I was thinking about the mala but i was thinking it would take forever for a 4hit to occur as well.

This puts me at 90tp at 5hits (17.0tp/hit 6.03 delay without moonshade acc/regain) and the earring gives 10tp+ if there's a DA (working on the earring atm ; ;) this is my /war build incase anyone's wondering where the acc went.

Hopefully i can come across the DA ammo or find something else to put in it's place. The set also says i have 24.61 haste but i don't think i'd notice a 1.4 haste missing tbh. If i had the willingness to work on an Occ.att GS i would but knowing SE, they'd nerf it the moment i got it to lv90 lol.

If any extra acc is needed i swap out the body/ring for aces/acc ring and i'm looking for DA feet if possible for an extra 32 acc. There's tons of acc items laying around from other classes.

*edit* think i'm gonna man up and get an adaberk/adaman hauberk and work on augments. The more i look at it, the less i want to put anything else on plus it seems like a space saver...

Use Bale Earring instead of Moonshade Earring with regain. Don't bother with 5 hitting when you're not even A) Capping Haste, B) Relying on the regain from the Earring. C) Use Phorcys Head. 6-hitting on a GS is much better than losing a much preferred Moonshade Earring with ATK / TP Bonus which will overall boost your DoT.
By fyreus 2012-05-04 07:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can kinda understand the moonshade for ws, but why go for a 6hit as opposed to a 5? Wouldn't i want to WS more often? I'd need to hit 86 (1.4% haste) more times to begin falling behind a full capped copy of myself and because of pugs i don't get nowhere near as many buffs as i see people get in this thread.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-05-04 07:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fighter/Chaos and change your atmacites and build sets then.
You guys highly underestimate white damage with AM3 Caladbolg or Ragnarok.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-04 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Would Mala actually be better in an uncapped Acc/Attack scenario? But yeah that also would do the job nicely.

No.

Also, it takes 50 swings for Mala to proc once, on average. The rest of the time its just sitting there giving you lol 4 VIT and -4 SB. Personally, I would rather wear something else. I feel the same way about windbuffet. I would rather have consistency.

You can't think about it that way unless you are just fighting fodder in which case it won't make a bigger difference either way. (use Rancor then) Sure Mala procs 1/50 swings, but the one time it procs will net more damage then the 5% crit(rancor) or the 5str/8att from Bale. If your hit rate is under the cap then Rancor will pull ahead or you can adjust other slot accordingly.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-04 10:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Regain moonshade is terrible for DRK. Get TPbonus.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-04 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
You can't think about it that way unless you are just fighting fodder in which case it won't make a bigger difference either way. (use Rancor then) Sure Mala procs 1/50 swings, but the one time it procs will net more damage then the 5% crit(rancor) or the 5str/8att from Bale. If your hit rate is under the cap then Rancor will pull ahead or you can adjust other slot accordingly.

I understand that. Portus Collar beats it, and there are some things I am unwilling to do in the name of overall DOT. TPing in Rancor is a good example of one of them.

1 QA every 50 swings > 1 DA every 33

On Fodder to mid mobs
Mala >> Portus > Rancor

On upper tier mobs
Rancor > Mala=Portus
By volkom 2012-05-04 14:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how much DA can you stack on drk before you get diminishing returns? or in other words, whats a good amount to stack before you invest into triple/quadra attack items to maximize the effect?
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-05-04 14:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
how much DA can you stack on drk before you get diminishing returns?

>1

Quote:
or in other words, whats a good amount to stack before you invest into triple/quadra attack items to maximize the effect?

Depends on what ws and what other stats you can get in slot.
By volkom 2012-05-04 14:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

>1

Quote:
or in other words, whats a good amount to stack before you invest into triple/quadra attack items to maximize the effect?

well since this is a drk resolution gs/build thread it would be resolution lol
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-04 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

>1

Quote:

Ok, so what items are you comparing?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-04 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

>1
DA doesn't actually have diminishing returns.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-05-04 15:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that. Portus Collar beats it, and there are some things I am unwilling to do in the name of overall DOT. TPing in Rancor is a good example of one of them.

Portus is not even close.

For LR/marches/haste set Portus is 2.43% increase
For LR/marches/haste down Portus is 2.65% increase

For LR/marches/haste set Mala is 4.74% increase
For LR/marches/haste down Mala is 5.08% increase

Mala is pretty much two times better.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-05-04 15:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen much info on it so thought I'd ask how's the occ 2times gs for a reso setup?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-04 16:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Crollion said: »
Haven't seen much info on it so thought I'd ask how's the occ 2times gs for a reso setup?

One of the best options.

Rag > 90+ Cala > OAT, if keeping AM up is a problem OAT can beat 90+ Cala.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Server: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-05-04 17:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm gotta work on 90 rag then been slacking
By fyreus 2012-05-04 19:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Portus is not even close.

For LR/marches/haste set Portus is 2.43% increase
For LR/marches/haste down Portus is 2.65% increase

For LR/marches/haste set Mala is 4.74% increase
For LR/marches/haste down Mala is 5.08% increase

Mala is pretty much two times better.

Is that comparing slot vs slot or overall DA vs overall QA?

*edit* while i can understand it on paper, i don't see how lowering a DA rate for a once in a while chance to attack works in actuality. Why lower one's chances at DA for a chance at a 2% proc?
By fyreus 2012-05-04 20:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also where are all these drk spread sheets i keep hearing about?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-04 20:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that comparing slot vs slot or overall DA vs overall QA?

*edit* while i can understand it on paper, i don't see how lowering a DA rate for a once in a while chance to attack works in actuality. Why lower one's chances at DA for a chance at a 2% proc?

you lower your chances of DA very little with 2% qa, and qa adds more than you lose from da. example of how little it lowers it:

2%qa 50%da

w/o qa: 100+100*.5=150 attacks
assuming qa, but before we factor what it adds
100+98*.5=149, thus we lose 1 attack from losing our da,
so we look at how much you gain
100+100*.02*3+98*.5=155 attacks, thus adding 2%qa at 50% da you gain 5 attacks per 100 swings. As your DA value lowers (and I know drks don't have 50% da normally) the QA causes less of a loss.

for referance vs portus, under said situation, port would only raise value to 100+100*.53=153
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-04 20:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Because 6 > 3?

Technically it's a little more complicated than that due to proc exclusivity and base DA, but that's the gist of it. One adds ~6 attacks per 100 rounds, the other adds ~3. Averages matter.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-04 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also where are all these drk spread sheets i keep hearing about?
Motenten's Spreadsheets
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-04 20:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Because 6 > 3?

Technically it's a little more complicated than that due to proc exclusivity and base DA, but that's the gist of it. One adds ~6 attacks per 100 rounds, the other adds ~3. Averages matter.
o. nightfyre has a new avatar

edit: wtf it just changed back :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-04 20:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Because 6 > 3?

o. nightfyre has a new avatar

edit: wtf it just changed back :/
Background on the first change should've been transparent, not sure why it was black >_>
By volkom 2012-05-04 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

>1

Quote:

the items that have DA vs TA/QA that share the same item slots.

I guess basically what i'm asking is. What would be a really good build if you have a caladbolg, that has pretty good consistency but has an optimal level of DA/TA or QA
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-04 21:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anything actually changes between Ragnarok and Caladbolg builds. AM3 isn't a huge increase over 16% 2.5x damage and 14% critrate in situations where you'd have AM3 up, and DRK has some really good options now as opposed to cobbling together whatever will let you get max haste without killing relevant stats.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-05-04 21:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

>1

Quote:

I guess basically what i'm asking is. What would be a really good build if you have a caladbolg, that has pretty good consistency but has an optimal level of DA/TA or QA

I think you have some bad idea about this. There is no such thing like optimal level of DA/TA/QA. Adding more is always a gain and you need to compare this gain to other bonuses from alternative equip.

Here you go btw Your text to link here... Its for WS and lacks 8 hit cap but its also useable for checking TP phase. Just set fTP as 1 in "One hit WS table" and you can use it to check avg hit per round this way.
By volkom 2012-05-04 22:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

>1

Quote:

I think you have some bad idea about this. There is no such thing like optimal level of DA/TA/QA. Adding more is always a gain and you need to compare this gain to other bonuses from alternative equip.

Here you go btw Your text to link here... Its for WS and lacks 8 hit cap but its also useable for checking TP phase. Just set fTP as 1 in "One hit WS table" and you can use it to check avg hit per round this way.

wasn't talking about weaponskilling tho~ D:

i mean like for upper tier stuff, from what i read earlier, you're trading out QA/DA items for items like rancor.

is there a build that pretty much is a balanced/optimal build for any and all content that doesn't really sacrifice anything
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-04 22:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

no
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 50 51 52