Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-03 19:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get a lot out of Atmacite of Latitude from Pil. Gives you a TP bonus+50 and Haste +3% which allows you to play with your TP set more. Also Atmacite of the Valiant gives All attributes +15 ACC+5 HP+5% and Haste+5% which is rly nice too D:
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-03 20:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Can get a lot out of Atmacite of Latitude from Pil. Gives you a TP bonus+50 and Haste +3% which allows you to play with your TP set more. Also Atmacite of the Valiant gives All attributes +15 ACC+5 HP+5% and Haste+5% which is rly nice too D:

Friend parsed it, it showed a 200 dmg increase in average Resolutions (latitude), while a large decrease in DPS because of lack of WS frequency.

It would be better, if your entire party isn't using discipline.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 20:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
I actually leveled the Pil atmacite once they nerfed Save TP just to try it out, was not really impressed. This of course is anecdotal from parses and is not math so take it with a grain of salt.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-04 00:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the level of Qilin and his Defense? Ig-Alima's level and attack is known, according to BG, so can anyone figure out T3 levels?

Edit: D:!!! Nevermind BG's source is the official forums, so I don't even know what to believe

Edit: nevermind, it's from a credible source
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-04-04 00:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't discredit Motenten's math, even if it is on the OF.
He made and works on all the dps spreadsheets that are widely used, on top of being one of the top math-heads in ffxi.

Edit: The values were actually given out by Mocchi to demonstrate Gallant's roll effects. Sooooo, yea. Straight from SE.
 Fenrir.Kut
Server: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-04-12 09:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I'm having a little trouble with my DRK atm. I use Hoarfrost Blade and am trying to make a good TP set up for my DRK utilizing the Phorcys set. I pretty much have everything off of the auction house that a DRK can use but I am missing Armadaberk and can't imagine it being something I can achieve any time in the too near future. I mainly use DRK for VW and usually am /WAR but is /SAM something I should be using more often, even on higher level content (Legion etc)?

As a baseline of what I was thinking, I would use something like this:

Any ideas? :/
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-04-12 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ace's mail instead of bale body +2 when accuracy is needed.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW you don't really need any of that Store TP, and because of that I believe Bale+2 head should be better than Phorcys. Bomb Core, Mars's Ring, Phasmida/Ninurta/Speed belt can all replace the not needed STP. As far as /sam goes, the SJ isn't very useful anymore. I use it in Nyzul just as a safety but even that I may use /war for in the future, anywhere you don't need Seigan /war just trumps /sam in every way.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 12:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-13 12:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What, /WAR is better after all.

Oh right, the other part.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-13 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
How does DRK have abysmal base accuracy? And also, are you taking account of temps (especially Stalwart's)?

Its not so much DRK but the gear most DRKs use to TP in.

Pole grip - 0 ACC
Bale head - 7 Dex, 7 scythe skill
Bale Body - 0 ACC
Bale Hands - 10acc 5 GS skill
Calmecac legs - -8 acc
Ace's feet - -4 acc
Bale earring - 0 acc
Brutal - 0acc
Raja - 5 Dex
Tyrant - 0 acc
Phasmida - 6 acc
Atheling - 0 acc
Hagneia - 0 acc

So thats 12 Dex, -2 acc and 5or7 skill

Compare that to any other jobs average TP sets.
Yeah I learned to go back to wearing Homam legs, in case I need to cast, and I'm learning to love /WAR for more things in VW than just T6. Would Ace's Mail be an alternative for ACC in place of Bale +2?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 13:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
What, /WAR is better after all.

Oh right, the other part.
Are you trying to say Store TP is actually useful in a game where near everything you do you should have regain from Embrava or atmacite?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 13:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
How does DRK have abysmal base accuracy? And also, are you taking account of temps (especially Stalwart's)?
Its not so much DRK but the gear most DRKs use to TP in. Pole grip - 0 ACC Bale head - 7 Dex, 7 scythe skill Bale Body - 0 ACC Bale Hands - 10acc 5 GS skill Calmecac legs - -8 acc Ace's feet - -4 acc Bale earring - 0 acc Brutal - 0acc Raja - 5 Dex Tyrant - 0 acc Phasmida - 6 acc Atheling - 0 acc Hagneia - 0 acc So thats 12 Dex, -2 acc and 5or7 skill Compare that to any other jobs average TP sets.
Yeah I learned to go back to wearing Homam legs, in case I need to cast, and I'm learning to love /WAR for more things in VW than just T6. Would Ace's Mail be an alternative for ACC in place of Bale +2?

Yes. I think it's been posted several times now in the thread and that's part of what I was refering to in relation to Failuras' post.

As much as I cringe at the "stp should be completely ignored" bland type statement, he unintentionally makes a point. If you're not hitting the target, your hit build might be moot. Between hasso/aggressor/gear adjustments/diabolic eye you really shouldn't have acc issues. The problem comes in for the "i do the same thing for all situations" drks more than the ones who are conscious of what they're doing.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 13:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Its not so much DRK but the gear most DRKs use to TP in. Pole grip - 0 ACC Bale head - 7 Dex, 7 scythe skill Bale Body - 0 ACC Bale Hands - 10acc 5 GS skill Calmecac legs - -8 acc Ace's feet - -4 acc Bale earring - 0 acc Brutal - 0acc Raja - 5 Dex Tyrant - 0 acc Phasmida - 6 acc Atheling - 0 acc Hagneia - 0 acc So thats 12 Dex, -2 acc and 5or7 skill Compare that to any other jobs average TP sets.

Yes. I think it's been posted several times now in the thread and that's part of what I was refering to in relation to Failuras' post.

As much as I cringe at the "stp should be completely ignored" bland type statement, he unintentionally makes a point. If you're not hitting the target, your hit build might be moot. Between hasso/aggressor/gear adjustments/diabolic eye you really shouldn't have acc issues. The problem comes in for the "i do the same thing for all situations" drks more than the ones who are conscious of what they're doing.
I made a generalization, but a pretty true one. The only time STP is really useful right now is if you are doing low man old content or possibly Legion if you aren't embrava zerging. As far as accuracy goes, make two builds. One build should have things like Ryuga Sune-ate, Fire Bomblet, an Acc ring, and should be used on anything Ig-Alima or above. One should sacrifice all accuracy and be used on anything below that.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 13:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Are you trying to say Store TP is actually useful in a game where near everything you do you should have regain from Embrava or atmacite?

^ this isn't just a "generalization". You're outright implying that STP isn't useful and you should completely ignore the stat. A 3-hit build accounting for said regain can still out-perform a 4-hit not accounting for regain. If you're gaining tp at such a quick rate that you cant keep up with ws then consider making a ws rule for VW. The save-tp nerf is also eating a large portion of the validity your point may have had. All I am trying to convey is that I would never tell anyone asking for advice "feel free to completely disregard this stat". That's how we got people into the bad habit of gearing in 0 accuracy in the first place thanks to abyssea.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

^ this isn't just a "generalization". You're outright implying that STP isn't useful and you should completely ignore the stat. A 3-hit build accounting for said regain can still out-perform a 4-hit not accounting for regain. If you're gaining tp at such a quick rate that you cant keep up with ws then consider making a ws rule for VW. The save-tp nerf is also eating a large portion of the validity your point may have had. All I am trying to convey is that I would never tell anyone asking for advice "feel free to completely disregard this stat". That's how we got people into the bad habit of gearing in 0 accuracy in the first place thanks to abyssea.
X-hits account for regain hardly have ever been worth doing, especially in an event like VW. Save TP hasn't been nerfed enough to hurt my point. Unless you have a wicked spellcast that changes gear depending on every regain variable out there, it's a good idea just to forgo using STP in most events these days.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 13:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok *** store tp then. It's completely irrelevant in all situations and every fight now because of regain atmacites and embrava. Asura has spoken.

*edit* I just honestly don't feel like debating it anymore :/
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-13 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The build he posted is a 6hit. With disciprine and misers you get back 45 TP, 2 second ws delay and at capped haste, assuming no DA/TA/QA, it would take you another 4.8 seconds to get 100% TP without regain. 6.8 seconds to get 100% TP is two ticks of 5-6 tp a tick meaning you really can have the same xhit and drop hagneia stone and phorcys hat for bomb core and bale hat +2.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-13 13:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is definitely some truth at capped haste, regain and 40+ Save TP that an xhit is not a huge concern. WS delay alone can hurt DPS a lot more then most players would ever care to question.

Its also the same reason Phorcys gear isn't a large upgrade (if an upgrade) from most existing TP sets. (WS is a totally different story)
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-04-13 14:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Making this way too hard guys.

If you have huge amounts of Save TP and/or Haste, build your Store TP based on getting one tick of your regain value.

Most other cases build your Store TP based on getting two ticks of your Regain value, because getting under 6 seconds per TP cycle is pretty hard otherwise, but 9 seconds is too long.

If your regain value exceeds half of your per-hit TP return, you pretty much need 50% more TP per hit for it to make a difference, but your basic Store TP build based on the above factors for one or two ticks still matters.

In fewer but more specific words, idealy your per-hit TP needs to reach the next integer multiple of your regain value at the same time it drops your hit-build for a given Store TP amount, which may be impossible when you're talking about Embrava plus Atmacite.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-13 15:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW you don't really need any of that Store TP, and because of that I believe Bale+2 head should be better than Phorcys. Bomb Core, Mars's Ring, Phasmida/Ninurta/Speed belt can all replace the not needed STP. As far as /sam goes, the SJ isn't very useful anymore. I use it in Nyzul just as a safety but even that I may use /war for in the future, anywhere you don't need Seigan /war just trumps /sam in every way.

Nope.

First there is a big difference with loosing few sTP for a lot stronger stats and dropping sTP everywhere for small improvements.

Second of all If you are getting 5 tic regain and you have 80% haste it will most of the time give you 10TP top. For 6 hit build with Ragnarok you can optimistically drop 1.7 TP per hit not all. For VW with less regain but save TP its even more important. Because you will have less time for tics and since save TP is now static 20 from atmacite there is no more excuses that you will get random amount of TP after WS like it was depending of roll before. You can easily account for both save TP and regain. EDIT: Ofc many ppl will still use save TP rolls in which case CORs most of the time go for 11 roll and you can account for that amount of save tp too.

Third of all Resolution dmg is based of TP so whenever sTP wont affect your x-hit it will still raise your WS dmg. It wont be much ( ~around 2% ) but its still something to consider.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 15:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nope.

First there is a big difference with loosing few sTP for a lot stronger stats and dropping sTP everywhere for small improvements.

Second of all If you are getting 5 tic regain and you have 80% haste it will most of the time give you 10TP top. For 6 hit build with Ragnarok you can optimistically drop 1.7 TP per hit not all. For VW with less regain but save TP its even more important. Because you will have less time for tics and since save TP is now static 20 from atmacite there is no more excuses that you will get random amount of TP after WS like it was depending of roll before. You can easily account for both save TP and regain.

Third of all Resolution dmg is based of TP so whenever sTP wont affect your x-hit it will still raise your WS dmg. It wont be much ( ~around 2% ) but its still something to consider.
The items I mentioned, barring Mars's, all are large upgrades from wasted STP. The problem I have with building gear around regain is the varying amounts you will have, and the times when DAs will make it worthless because you didn't get your 2 tics in before hitting 100. Unless you are in a very coordinated LS and play with the same people and can rely on having a static amount of Regain, it will vary by group. You will always have 3, but you could have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or even 15 per tic. I've probably even forgotten some regain sources. Like I said earlier unless your spellcast can figure out how much regain you currently have and use a specific set for that, you are going to have wasted stats and STP is very easy to waste.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 15:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify: when I mentioned rules for tp i meant to assist you in wsing as soon as you had enough tp so you wouldnt have to account for regains.

Still staying out of the debate though.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-13 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You make it much more confusing than it is. 97% of the time its only Embrava or only atmacities.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-13 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok *** store tp then. It's completely irrelevant in all situations and every fight now because of regain atmacites and embrava. Asura has spoken.

*edit* I just honestly don't feel like debating it anymore :/

I'm pretty certain no one is saying drop all stp, there are slots where there's just nothing better, or slots that have both STP and other benefits anyway (phorcys legs, goading, aces leggings, brutal earring, rajas ring)

I'm also very certain that DA TA QA is much more worthwhile in VW in lieu of regain and save tp. If you're thinking about sacrificing any DA for STP in a VW set, don't. Same goes for accuracy on T6+.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 15:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
You make it much more confusing than it is. 97% of the time its only Embrava or only atmacities.
If that's true for you, go ahead and count on it. It isn't generally true for me though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 15:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
I'm pretty certain no one is saying drop all stp, there are slots where there's just nothing better, or slots that have both STP and other benefits anyway (phorcys legs, goading, aces leggings, brutal earring, rajas ring) I'm also very certain that DA TA QA is much more worthwhile in VW in lieu of regain and save tp. If you're thinking about sacrificing any DA for STP in a VW set, don't. Same goes for accuracy on T6+.

This is what set me off and to be honest it sounded exactly like thats what he was saying. Either way, I'm off work now until Monday so I'm staying out of this whether i like it or not :<
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-13 15:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is what set me off and to be honest it sounded exactly like thats what he was saying. Either way, I'm off work now until Monday so I'm staying out of this whether i like it or not :<
I probably was a little harsh there, but if you did notice I never mentioned dropping the items Leon listed off, only Hagneia Stone, Phocrys Head, Bomb Core, Belt, and Mars's Ring (which is situational). Items like Rajas, you might as well use because there aint anything better.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-13 18:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I used to full-time one set of gear until I read that T6 will require more ACC gear and such. I'm sure I've seen suggestions saying Ace's being preferred, but I guess I skimmed over them, lol. I've quit using Calmecac full-time too, and only wear them when I'm /DNC for Dynamis or Abyssea with Razed Ruins on. Other than Homam and Shantotto legs, what other pieces could be used for ACC? Have there been any reports of haste augments for Hrafn/Huginn legs?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52