Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 16:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I agree that Taint is going a little hard with the Acc-or-GTFO stance. Building for two mobs in the whole game is wasteful of time (spellcast writing) and resources (macro slots for set changes or w/e).

And giving up 100 att for 40 acc is a good move? (pizza vs curry)

I'm not saying ACC or GTFO out, I'm against the noACC or -ACC builds that keep popping up. I also don't believe in one gear set.
The no acc gear sets have their place, and I'm still wondering what body you think the majority of Drks should be using instead of Bale+2 in that set.

Heck for me, accuracy is actually almost worthless. I can count the amount of times I've done mobs I needed acc for on one hand.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-03 17:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I agree that Taint is going a little hard with the Acc-or-GTFO stance. Building for two mobs in the whole game is wasteful of time (spellcast writing) and resources (macro slots for set changes or w/e).
And giving up 100 att for 40 acc is a good move? (pizza vs curry) I'm not saying ACC or GTFO out, I'm against the noACC or -ACC builds that keep popping up. I also don't believe in one gear set.
The no acc gear sets have their place, and I'm still wondering what body you think the majority of Drks should be using instead of Bale+2 in that set. Heck for me, accuracy is actually almost worthless. I can count the amount of times I've done mobs I needed acc for on one hand.

Buffs, weapon and mob would determine the gear set. Capped ACC you Avant+1,Adaberk,Valk and even the new Byrnie all have their place.

If you never find yourself not needing ACC you aren't doing current content or are stuck in Abyssea. Thats a fact. Most DDs now a days don't even realise how shitty their ACC is. The fact you don't have Apoc or Rag further solidifies the fact you are gimping yourself one or another not using a solid ACC build.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 17:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And giving up 100 att for 40 acc is a good move? (pizza vs curry) I'm not saying ACC or GTFO out, I'm against the noACC or -ACC builds that keep popping up. I also don't believe in one gear set.
The no acc gear sets have their place, and I'm still wondering what body you think the majority of Drks should be using instead of Bale+2 in that set. Heck for me, accuracy is actually almost worthless. I can count the amount of times I've done mobs I needed acc for on one hand.

Buffs, weapon and mob would determine the gear set. Capped ACC you Avant+1,Adaberk,Valk and even the new Byrnie all have their place.

If you never find yourself not needing ACC you aren't doing current content or are stuck in Abyssea. Thats a fact. Most DDs now a days don't even realise how shitty their ACC is. The fact you don't have Apoc or Rag further solidifies the fact you are gimping yourself one or another not using a solid ACC build.
All of those things you listed besides Avant+1 are pretty hard to get for most players, and I doubt Avant+1 beats Bale+2 by enough to say Bale+2 "is pretty garbage".

And yes, I don't do current content. Most the drops that came out this VW tier are pretty bad and I still need tons from earlier VW content like Pil and Kaggen. The only thing you actually need accuracy for is if you are doing T6 or above, and I'd say that's a small minority of players and a very small portion of what people do in this game. I parse everything, I always know what my accuracy is at, and find that I very very rarely need to use any form of accuracy in my TP gear.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-04-03 17:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey taint whats that new byrnie called? i remember seeing it but since AH hasnt posted a list of new armor i cant find it xD
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2012-04-03 17:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Buffs, weapon and mob would determine the gear set. Capped ACC you Avant+1,Adaberk,Valk and even the new Byrnie all have their place. If you never find yourself not needing ACC you aren't doing current content or are stuck in Abyssea. Thats a fact. Most DDs now a days don't even realise how shitty their ACC is. The fact you don't have Apoc or Rag further solidifies the fact you are gimping yourself one or another not using a solid ACC build.
Hey taint whats that new byrnie called? i remember seeing it but since AH hasnt posted a list of new armor i cant find it xD

Phenomena all the new gear is in the "items updated" section on the left hand side of the screen just below the shout option

(too lazy to look it up for myself lol)
 Asura.Ezrin
user: Dioxide
By Asura.Ezrin 2012-04-03 17:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about this?
porthos byrnie
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-04-03 17:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caelir said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Buffs, weapon and mob would determine the gear set. Capped ACC you Avant+1,Adaberk,Valk and even the new Byrnie all have their place. If you never find yourself not needing ACC you aren't doing current content or are stuck in Abyssea. Thats a fact. Most DDs now a days don't even realise how shitty their ACC is. The fact you don't have Apoc or Rag further solidifies the fact you are gimping yourself one or another not using a solid ACC build.

Phenomena all the new gear is in the "items updated" section on the left hand side of the screen just below the shout option

(too lazy to look it up for myself lol)

There is nothing below the shout option for me =/ besides community with chat forum and donations D:
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-04-03 17:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ezrin said: »
Talking about this?
porthos byrnie

Yes i am. i would assume that byrnie beats out af3+2 for drk.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-03 17:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I do content that is 6 months or older

Did I get that right?

You also don't parse everything or atleast don't take the time to analyze your parses because even on the content you listed you can be uncapped with ACC unless you are gimping yourself in one way or another.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10486/porthos-byrnie
Porthos Byrnie Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:68 HP+45 Attack+10"Triple Attack"+2% Haste+5%
LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM NIN DRG

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fafnir 2012-04-03 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes, I don't do current content. Most the drops that came out this VW tier are pretty bad and I still need tons from earlier VW content like Pil and Kaggen. The only thing you actually need accuracy for is if you are doing T6 or above, and I'd say that's a small minority of players and a very small portion of what people do in this game. I parse everything, I always know what my accuracy is at, and find that I very very rarely need to use any form of accuracy in my TP gear.

I would have to agree with Taint here, for example, the gearset on your profile gives you a 61% hit rate on Pil/Qilin in the DRK DPS spreadsheet. Keeping in mind not only DRKs abyssmal base accuracy and the fact Resolution is a 5-hit non critical WS, neglecting to gear for accuracy in anything less than a fodder TP set would presumably lower your overall damage. Simply swapping Ace's for twilight, or Ace's leggings for Ryuga sune-ate, for example, significantly increases your damage in those sets (1438 to 1573 WS damage and 87.3 to 92.8 set DPS damage, respectively.)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-04-03 18:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How does DRK have abysmal base accuracy?

And also, are you taking account of temps (especially Stalwart's)?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-03 18:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK has a relatively high base accuracy when accounting for JAs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-03 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
How does DRK have abysmal base accuracy? And also, are you taking account of temps (especially Stalwart's)?

Its not so much DRK but the gear most DRKs use to TP in.

Pole grip - 0 ACC
Bale head - 7 Dex, 7 scythe skill
Bale Body - 0 ACC
Bale Hands - 10acc 5 GS skill
Calmecac legs - -8 acc
Ace's feet - -4 acc
Bale earring - 0 acc
Brutal - 0acc
Raja - 5 Dex
Tyrant - 0 acc
Phasmida - 6 acc
Atheling - 0 acc
Hagneia - 0 acc

So thats 12 Dex, -2 acc and 5or7 skill

Compare that to any other jobs average TP sets.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-04-03 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How does DRK have abysmal base accuracy? And also, are you taking account of temps (especially Stalwart's)?

Pole grip - 0 ACC
Bale head - 7 Dex, 7 scythe skill
Bale Body - 0 ACC
Bale Hands - 10acc 5 GS skill
Calmecac legs - -8 acc
Ace's feet - -4 acc
Bale earring - 0 acc
Brutal - 0acc
Raja - 5 Dex
Tyrant - 0 acc
Phasmida - 6 acc
Atheling - 0 acc
Hagneia - 0 acc

its +4 acc*

Edit: btw i know HQ pizza gives 11% acc but how much is that/whats the cap?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-03 18:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 is 55 acc capped I think.
By Fafnir 2012-04-03 18:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow I didn't take into account Stalwart's. It has a pretty significant effect on accuracy, which I didn't realize, and it is reasonable to assume in most all VW situations you will have it on for the entire battle (3min duration I think?). Also, I don't see a tab for the new Diabolic Eye merits.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I do content that is 6 months or older

Did I get that right?

You also don't parse everything or atleast don't take the time to analyze your parses because even on the content you listed you can be uncapped with ACC unless you are gimping yourself in one way or another.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10486/porthos-byrnie
Porthos Byrnie Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:68 HP+45 Attack+10"Triple Attack"+2% Haste+5%
LV 99 WAR PLD DRK BST SAM NIN DRG
Pretty sure the only people that actually do the new content are people in end game LSes that actually very rarely exist anymore. There was a time when I did T6 pretty regularly, but eventually the few people willing to make groups for them vanished. Maybe you would have a point if the 6 month old content didn't have 1) generally better drops than new content and 2) very rare drops meaning no matter how old it is the items are still very hard to obtain. And are you saying I don't cap accuracy on T4 VW? Because I do without even using DE.

Quote:
I would have to agree with Taint here, for example, the gearset on your profile gives you a 61% hit rate on Pil/Qilin in the DRK DPS spreadsheet.
wat. I doubt I could find enough -acc gear in the entire game to hit a 61% acc rate on Qilin. I don't even use either of my acc JAs on him.
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-04-03 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnir said: »
Oh wow I didn't take into account Stalwart's. It has a pretty significant effect on accuracy, which I didn't realize, and it is reasonable to assume in most all VW situations you will have it on for the entire battle (3min duration I think?). Also, I don't see a tab for the new Diabolic Eye merits.
Duration is moot considering you get it several times throughout the fight.
Did you also take into account hasso or aggressor?
By Fafnir 2012-04-03 18:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, by default I assumed Hasso would be on all the time. Stalwart's was the only difference between 94/capped accuracy and 60ish accuracy, am I making a mistake here or is the effect that potent?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 18:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, by default I assumed Hasso would be on all the time. Stalwart's was the only difference between 94/capped accuracy and 60ish accuracy, am I making a mistake here or is the effect that potent?
Why would you have Hasso up in VW? I can assure you that between Aggressor, DE, and Stalwarts it is near impossible to be uncapped on accuracy on Qilin.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-03 19:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

-2 accuracy but +45? now from DE... WAR in a basic restraint down set has +19, and I've parsed 97% hit rate on qilin! (like a 75 second fight, safe to assume it was capped).

I think you could actually lose another 20 accuracy in gear on DRK on Qilin, or other T3s and still have capped, or over capped Accuracy.

Edit: wait a second, SE has 25 accuracy too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-03 19:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you have Hasso up in VW? I can assure you that between Aggressor, DE, and Stalwarts it is near impossible to be uncapped on accuracy on Qilin.
How can you have Hasso and Aggressor up ? It would be one or the other based on your subjob. If you were /SAM I would assume you'd keep up Hasso for the small STR boost it gives you but I /WAR every time for VW when I go on DRK so meh.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-03 19:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
How can you have Hasso and Aggressor up ? It would be one or the other based on your subjob. If you were /SAM I would assume you'd keep up Hasso for the small STR boost it gives you but I /WAR every time for VW when I go on DRK so meh.
What I am saying is why would you even use /sam in VW.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-03 19:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: beat
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-03 19:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the real question, if you ARE /SAM, and are using a 2h weapon, why would you not have hasso up?

Edit: also beat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-03 19:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What I am saying is why would you even use /sam in VW.
Then make your question more clear. People do /SAM for WS frequency not that I agree with it in VW due to the temps and buffs you start with but it is a more legitimate subjob with the Save TP nerf with more options for TP. I wouldn't get on anybody for /SAM but I wouldn't use it myself. It rly just depends on the person.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-03 19:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Discipline + Misers is still prime for DRK, 45~50 TP return is hard to beat, specially with 5~6 tick regain devaluing STP. So basically you're giving up Aggressor and Berserk for STP+15, STR+7(? idk what hasso gives now) Accuracy+10 and 70 seconds of Haste+10%. Most of that is severely negligible compared to Berserk and DA trait when fights last 3~4 minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-03 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
I'm pretty sure Discipline + Misers is still prime for DRK, 45~50 TP return is hard to beat, specially with 5~6 tick regain devaluing STP.
I'm pretty sure you don't get 45-50TP return with the Save TP nerf. Unless your Reso normally gives you 45-50TP return which means your WSing in a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of STP
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-03 19:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
I'm pretty sure Discipline + Misers is still prime for DRK, 45~50 TP return is hard to beat, specially with 5~6 tick regain devaluing STP.
I'm pretty sure you don't get 45-50TP return with the Save TP nerf. Unless your Reso normally gives you 45-50TP return which means your WSing in a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of STP

No, you do.

20 Discipline
25 11 Miser's

I should edit that's it's actually 45, but I often see 50 because I have 5 tick regain so it looks like 50 return (because of gimp level 10 coercion), my mistake.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 50 51 52