2 Quick Questions...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » 2 quick questions...
2 quick questions...
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2011-12-22 13:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got two questions I'd like to crowd source an answer for:

1. With respect to voidwatch, pre med/atmacite buff. How much INT should one strive for to minimize resists. I know old school 75 people went by 320 skill/120 int? Proportionally it'd be 422/158? Does that sound right? Intuitively it does make sense since Ele skill caps at ~424, and between merits/ current gear choices you could end up higher than that... As for INT was wondering what people thought?

2. Right now there's a ton of new gear and I'm wondering if Oneiros Headgear or Rubeus Bandeau are among the offhand pieces that offer a viable replacement for the Goetia Petasos +2? Is it now just a pre-cast piece? :/ Are there any others for the head slot that I missed?
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-12-22 17:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sorcerer's petasos +2 and nefer khat +1 are also better choices than emp, but you'll still want to keep the emp hat for precast.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2012-01-11 14:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump ... so I'm thinking that 422/158 can't be right (although I get the math). The skill caps have increased more than proportionally. When we were at 320/120, that was 44 over skill cap on ele skill. By that guideline, the rough cap should be more like 468/158, or perhaps even 492/158, if you figure the % that 320 was over the cap then.

Reason I ask is I think I'm going to start on the macc ele staff, and I'm thinking that when I get finished, I'll be able to ditch all of the macc gear I'd had, and be able to use identical gear for all other slots. Right?

I know a lot of my gear is old, but I figured this would be a good place to catch up.